Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

It's Time To Resign! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It's Time To Resign! (34006 Views)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Time To Resign! by jamjam1991(m): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
Its solved, below is the #FUNAAB Post UTME 2015 and #pastQuestions link neyopompey..com/2015/05/funaab-post-ume-2015-tricks-and-advices.html help RT

Nairaland

here we offer the best and most updated
updates of the FUNAAB POST UTME 2015/2016.
we also offer #FREEpastQUESTIONS for all
course in the federal university of agricultue
abeokuta. click NOW http://
neyopompey..com/2015/05/funaab-
post-ume-2015-tricks-and-advices.html for more info, call 08130090673,08095878020

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by adewasco2k(m): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
interesting!

A close friend here also quit a job landing him 210k naira per monday to face hios networking business (forever living products).

i wish you all well

3 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by HiGod: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
maxxy:
It took me 8yrs to get here. Recruited by then Intercontinental Bank straight from NYSC Camp Ede, Osun State, my story has been one of good progression over the years. Today am a Middle Mgt staff taking home almost half a million naira in monthly benefits, yet it is time to type that letter and sign myself into entrepreneurial freedom!!!

The above is not written to brag, but to maybe motivate others who may be in my shoes... having great entrepreneurial skills yet fearful of what lies on the other side. I have tasted both worlds and I choose to fly. Let me mention however that quitting this job did not happen overnight, but is rather the result of a journey embarked upon over the last one year: a journey to Build a plan B. Today, that Plan B is the only Plan, raking in better revenues than the initial Plan A, yet am barely scratching the surface.

The feeling is indescribable as I wait for Monday... for on that day I will be giving my current employer the mandatory 30 days notice. In the coming days, I look forward empowering others to do exactly what I am doing now so that together we can contribute to rebuilding Nigeria

Go for it bro

I remember this popular saying which is "You can't be richer than your employer and your lifestyle/spending or expenditure must remain within your monthly salary",

I started my own business on Monday and I am xtremely happy about what I getting out of it since Monday. .

3 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by mcfynest(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
maxxy:
It took me 8yrs to get here. Recruited by then Intercontinental Bank straight from NYSC Camp Ede, Osun State, my story has been one of good progression over the years. Today am a Middle Mgt staff taking home almost half a million naira in monthly benefits, yet it is time to type that letter and sign myself into entrepreneurial freedom!!!

The above is not written to brag, but to maybe motivate others who may be in my shoes... having great entrepreneurial skills yet fearful of what lies on the other side. I have tasted both worlds and I choose to fly. Let me mention however that quitting this job did not happen overnight, but is rather the result of a journey embarked upon over the last one year: a journey to Build a plan B. Today, that Plan B is the only Plan, raking in better revenues than the initial Plan A, yet am barely scratching the surface.

The feeling is indescribable as I wait for Monday... for on that day I will be giving my current employer the mandatory 30 days notice. In the coming days, I look forward empowering others to do exactly what I am doing now so that together we can contribute to rebuilding Nigeria

Guess you are now with access bank?

Good for you bro.
I am also with access bank too, but thinking of towing your path soon.
Regards warrior

2 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
KingTom:
Brother please do your current job, save up, retire and then start your entrepreneurial business smiley That's my plan and so far so good cool

Lols.
I can't allow my hubby resign o. I rather do the resigning and manage the business if it gets to that.
If everyone keeps resigning who would become DM and Manager? grin

That extra cash every month would do the family a lot of good.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by KingTom(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Lols.
I can't allow my hubby resign o. I rather do the resigning and manage the business if it gets to that.
If everyone keeps resigning who would become DM and Manager? grin

That extra cash every month would do the family a lot of good.
You see why it's good to marry a brilliant woman? Beautiful post! Now when your husband eventually retires in his late 50s, you guys would have saved enough money to do whatever you like. Were Aka jare! You too get sense grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by choiceman(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
I tendered my own resignation letter on Monday. Mine will be exactly 8 years by Friday but I needed to do
what has to be done. May God bless whatever it is we have taken as venture.

4 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
I used to be the biggest critic of the call for entrepreneurship. I still am, but I have toned down a little.

Having been exposed to readings on startups and entrepreneurship in general, I'm beginning to think like one already. The orientation about-turn happened in the last one year.

I still hold my view that not everyone will be an entrepreneur (contrary to what people want us to believe, that salaried job is slavery blabla), but it is an option worth pursuing.

I have a small, developing startup by the side and all the income I have made from the startup in the last 2 years is not up to my one month salary in my paid job. That's definitely not something I can think of doing full time.

I'm not thinking of leaving my job. It will be hard to sustain my lifestyle and pay the bill without a paid job that guarantees just a little below N1m per month.

Apart from salaries, other benefits in kind, like free healthcare for me and my family, are just too good to be left. My wife has given birth twice, and on each occasion, she signed a hospital bill of more than 500k, settled by the company.

I'm currently able to combine paid job with side gig, and with able full time partners, we have progressed in the last couple of months. Resigning is not an option for me now.

14 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by pawesome(m): 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
OP,am currently serving in ogun...contact me please if u need help...i am multi-tasking grin

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
I shall get mine too someday ... Patiently waiting
Re: It's Time To Resign! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Jarus:
I used to be the biggest critic of the call for entrepreneurship. I still am, but I have toned down a little.

Having been exposed to readings on startups and entrepreneurship in general, I'm beginning to think like one already. The orientation about-turn happened in the last one year.

I still hold my view that not everyone will be an entrepreneur (contrary to what people want us to believe, that salaried job is slavery blabla), but it is an option worth pursuing.

I have a small, developing startup by the side and all the income I have made from the startup in the last 2 years is not up to my one month salary in my paid job. That's definitely not something I can think of doing full time.

I'm not thinking of leaving my job. It will be hard to sustain my lifestyle and pay the bill without a paid job that guarantees just a little below N1m per month.

Apart from salaries, other benefits in kind, like free healthcare for me and my family, are just too good to be left. My wife has given birth twice, and on each occasion, she signed a hospital bill of more than 500k, settled by the company.

I'm currently able to combine paid job with side gig, and with able full time partners, we have progressed in the last couple of months. Resigning is not an option for me now.

Im learning a lot already on these thread,thanks for contributing sir

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by gatiano(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Do not drop plan A until Your Plan B is set. When I mean set is when you have already invested some mpney, getting a place, and people(employee), and after you have made it work for atleast 1 year. What is your working schedule? mon-fri? then sat and sun would be a working day for you then, just to cross-check and make a decision for the week.
If you don't have trust issues, get a partner with equal fitting or you invest, Your partner works as director of the company taking 30 percent. all you have to do is to loose a few sleep. You may even create another company after sometime. It is just my opinion.

maxxy:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Acidosis(m): 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
There is this special happiness attached to entrepreneurship. I wish you all the best, OP.

4 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by NobleG1(m): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
maxxy:

What is the plan B you're referring to?
Don't do something you will regret later. Good paying jobs are very hard to find. Think very well before you tender that letter.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
i am sure your business plan is all set and you are ready to go.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by idupaul: 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
maxxy:

You are a liar ur salary is not half million a month .. I know

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by DAVIES27(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
maxxy:

its a great decision I also was an enterpreneur but I had to stop cus I need to get a degree first, den get back into it hopefully. Trust me it really pays to be an enterpreneur. U have time for urself unless u wish to be busy or bizness kips u busy.. Nice one bro
Re: It's Time To Resign! by phransix147(m): 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
Half a million a month? Who wouldn't resign?

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Dollyak(f): 12:04am On Jun 04, 2015
Spells:
If you don't build ur world, someone will hire u to build theirs....
I like this
Re: It's Time To Resign! by TruthisOut: 12:22am On Jun 04, 2015
I know he will change his mind by Monday. The above was not written in humility but the tone is that of an over-fed, complacent fellow. I guess it is one of those motivational speakers.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by hadura29(m): 12:24am On Jun 04, 2015
maxxy:

If you need someone to assist in building your business, remember this moniker. I undestand basic German also.. God bless
Re: It's Time To Resign! by deniyor: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2015
maxxy:

Can you recommend me to your job when you are done? I might appreciate it better smiley
Re: It's Time To Resign! by iebanehita(m): 12:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Is it just me or what?

Most people fail to read the thin line in the OP's post where he stated explicitly that his Plan B rakes in BETTER REVENUE than Plan A, hence his yearning decision to quit Plan A and focus on Plan B.

idupaul:

You are a liar ur salary is not half million a month .. I know

Got proofs?

2 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by bettercreature(m): 12:37am On Jun 04, 2015
maxxy:

I can't understand what you are going to gain from all these lies sadly my people are so blind to realise this OP is just seeking attention
Re: It's Time To Resign! by pablus: 12:50am On Jun 04, 2015
you didn't explain your plan B. hope it's nothing criminal o! and pls don't advise people to be "bold" and quit their jobs simply because of a dream. how will they handle their living expenses?

with 500,000 naira/month, you made more than most Americans!
Re: It's Time To Resign! by Dollarboom: 2:26am On Jun 04, 2015
You sound like ,though you are paid a salary many would envy yet you have been doing a job you really do not enjoy and does not give you fulfilment,the job is not giving you that special thing that would make you fly without wings. In my opinion, I would say we all have one chance at life,go ahead and live the real life you crave now that you have what it takes or else you will be filled with regrets of what you never really did but wanted badly to do when you get to the yonder place.

Meanwhile, let your money also work for you.

If you have investable #1M and above and 10% returns are OK with you and you don't have unnecessary phobia for forex biz. You can talk to me right away on: 08162868544.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by Allansmith: 3:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Adesiji77:
@maxxy

Thanks for sharing this...you will do more good by sharing with us the process of arriving at the Plan B.

It will definitely inspire many of us to tow that path too smiley

CC: lalasticlala, Mynd44, davide470

Seconded.....Share with us the process and some of us might learn from such process and do the needful when the time is ripe enough to do so...

2 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by engrbrume(m): 4:09am On Jun 04, 2015
Nice post! You must be a network marketer like me. Most of the people posting on this forum probably don't know that network marketers are smart entrepreneurs. Small capital + hard work + focus and persistence takes you as far as you want to go. I'm building my network and plan to be free like you as well....I earned over 100k last month on the side, from just 20k in January......will earn 198k this month and it just keeps increasing every month.
I fail to understand why many people just wouldn't start a career in network marketing, when billionaires recommend it!

See http://www.myinspiredmedia.com/video/rise-entrepreneur/9900/the-rise-of-the-entrepreneur-movie-the-full-movie.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by hustla(m): 4:18am On Jun 04, 2015
publicenemy:

Dude you have saved millions to fall back on and a concrete plan,so its time to resign...but don't drag those who have nothing save and without concreate plans...

Its a good Idea but u need to keep ur decision to ur self man.

Did you read the post at all?

And why arent you keeping your own opinion to yourself??
undecided
Re: It's Time To Resign! by hustla(m): 4:22am On Jun 04, 2015
Most people dont understand the Post

He makes 500k montly from his bank job
He stayed there for 8 yrs during which he must have saved up enough to invest in another business that yields good profit
Hes ready to invest in 2 businesses A and B both of which have already started to make yields

Shikenah
Re: It's Time To Resign! by tabisegroup(m): 4:52am On Jun 04, 2015
klevjey:
am a CCTV, video door phone, smoke detector installer...if u need me, pls pm
Send me ur contact @ tabisegroup@yahoo.com
Re: It's Time To Resign! by OneDemola: 4:53am On Jun 04, 2015
Following this post. Would love to hear more, let's get taking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cross River Civil Servants Protest Early Salary Payment On December 1, 2016 / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World / Promising Careers And Professions Emerging In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.