Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,975 members, 7,799,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

It's Time To Resign! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It's Time To Resign! (33990 Views)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Lildreezy(m): 5:31am On Jun 04, 2015
following... if u don't solve problems, u'l become a problem to be solved...
Re: It's Time To Resign! by kboycrew: 5:33am On Jun 04, 2015
pls dont confuse young people out there. you are starting a line of business you cant share and quitting the current job. so what is the encouragement if not to brag or lure enough gullible people to a 419 business you want to introduce to nairalanders.
pls if you cant share then dont try to share because i dont get the essence of your coded post. Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Kazrem(m): 5:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Good one maxxy. Hope to join the league one day in the future. However, why don't you do the business part time now while you are still on your job. Reason is to actually see the cash flow from the business. That is the reason most successful entrepreneurs will tell you. Aside that it is not that rosy for a first timer in entrepreneurship. I am not discouraging you, just a word of advise.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I know how you feel! Excitement as you journey into the realm of entrepreneurship. I have such passion but now I just have to work and be bossed around by someone else. It sucks for me because since I was a kid I have always hated being bossed around.

Good one bro. I'm following you up!

Thanks... however on the contrary, bad bosses contributed immensely to starting my Plan B. They pushed me to the wall until it dawned on me that this was not my place and that took me back to the drawing board.

It's not within your power to determine how people will treat you. What's within your power is how you react.

4 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:17am On Jun 04, 2015
publicenemy:

Dude you have saved millions to fall back on and a concrete plan,so its time to resign...but don't drag those who have nothing save and without concreate plans...

Its a good Idea but u need to keep ur decision to ur self man.

No millions are laying sterile in any bank account generating no income. All that is mine and more are invested in my business. I put my money where my mouth is.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:18am On Jun 04, 2015
chronique:
Welcome to our world. Take note that there are days when business would go dull and there would be a lull in activities and you might wish ou had a 30 days salary job. However,such periods shouldn't weight you down. It takes a lot of mental strength to be an enterpreneur.

Thank you... I appreciate it
Re: It's Time To Resign! by ChiSun27(m): 6:19am On Jun 04, 2015
chronique:
Welcome to our world. Take note that there are days when business would go dull and there would be a lull in activities and you might wish ou had a 30 days salary job. However,such periods shouldn't weight you down. It takes a lot of mental strength to be an enterpreneur.

More than a mental strength bro....it aint easy out there...but perseverance does it all
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:20am On Jun 04, 2015
Velocitron:
Awesome! What line of business are you going into now?

Best way I can describe it is Solutions Engineering
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2015
KingTom:
Brother please do your current job, save up, retire and then start your entrepreneurial business smiley That's my plan and so far so good cool

Pardon me, but that's one of the worst advices you can give to a salary earner with an entrepreneurial spirit!

#Key fact

Salary is never enough!
Nobody gets genuinely wealthy just earning z salary

The point where you retire is when you are weakest. You have given your best years to build another's dream and you want to start building yours when you are 50? Many bankers before me have fallen into this trap only to realise too late.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2015
toyeoye:
No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself... I'd get there soon.

Beautiful!
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Spells:
If you don't build ur world, someone will hire u to build theirs....

I have spent enough time building another man's dream. It's Time to Build mine... while there is still strength in my bones.

2 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:33am On Jun 04, 2015
vickylinco:
see this people dey talk about entrepreneurship when i dey here dey find job j just to take money home. A second class upper accounting graduate. Am not saying it's bad, but where is the money to use as capital? @op, thank your God.... still searching for job

Capital is available. You just need to know where and how to find it and then build it.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by publicenemy(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2015
hustla:

Did you read the post at all?
And why arent you keeping your own opinion to yourself??
undecided
Its a forum... Shithead.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by MakeMoves: 6:39am On Jun 04, 2015
what took you so long.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by hustla(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2015
publicenemy:

Its a forum... Shithead.

Foolish Cow, why u come say make e keep in own to inself?
You are the obvious re.tard here, Ode omo
Re: It's Time To Resign! by onatisi(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2015
maxxy:

Thank you... I appreciate it
let me tell u the undilluted truth. In the nigeria economy and even world economy remove your mind from buying and selling. That is not business or entrepreneurship, in todays world you have to be skilled in a vocational skill and versatile in many fields. If you are thinking of buying and selling,it is like putting a hangman rope on ur neck. The only way to survive in todays world is to be able to use ur hands to create something or repair . If u can do that then u are good to go.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by xtervaganza(m): 6:49am On Jun 04, 2015
Sad always said you're a slave if you still work under another man or organisation. Enterpreneurship is the way to true freedom...........and he was indeed right, he was far more successful than his siblings.

I think I need a bigger plan and bigger balls
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:56am On Jun 04, 2015
ebekuedike:
Mtcheeeew! I even think say u don already resign. 1 month? Is it not too long? Na I'm be say na retire u sef dey retire. Wallahi if d way employers dey do bad dey your mind, you for don resign dat day u think am.

As much as is possible, dont resign without giving sufficient notice. Give the notice, train a successor if you have not and then leave gracefully.

Why?

You need to constantly build your network. Those you have worked with are key contacts you should preserve. Don't burn your bridges or the ladders you used on your way up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Infomizer(m): 6:57am On Jun 04, 2015
KingTom:
Brother please do your current job, save up, retire and then start your entrepreneurial business smiley That's my plan and so far so good cool

Seems like the logical way to go about it but it has it's downside. Leaving the foray into business till after retirement could spell doom if anything goes wrong (which would most likely be the case). It's good to start early and make the mistakes early when there's still enough time to recover from it. That's what I feel anyway.

3 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 6:59am On Jun 04, 2015
HiGod:

Go for it bro

I remember this popular saying which is "You can't be richer than your employer and your lifestyle/spending or expenditure must remain within your monthly salary",

I started my own business on Monday and I am xtremely happy about what I getting out of it since Monday. .

Word!

You cannot be richer than your employer, neither do you become wealthy earning a salary.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Curvinus(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
From certainty to uncertainty. Sometimes, folks could just be seeking some excitement and then they take out their frustration on their job. Perhaps you should take a break to think through this, but then half a million a month is enough to start up a decent biz. Goodluck.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
awesome, I am inspired, motivated and moved by this post. Success is my prayer for u.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
mcfynest:

Guess you are now with access bank?

Good for you bro.
I am also with access bank too, but thinking of towing your path soon.
Regards warrior

Left IBPLC before it was sold to Access. My best career move.

2 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:05am On Jun 04, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Lols.
I can't allow my hubby resign o. I rather do the resigning and manage the business if it gets to that.
If everyone keeps resigning who would become DM and Manager? grin

That extra cash every month would do the family a lot of good.

Wifey is a qualified business administrator and has successfully grown the business so far. But the potential in a place like Lagos is huge. We are taking the business to the next level.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:07am On Jun 04, 2015
choiceman:
I tendered my own resignation letter on Monday. Mine will be exactly 8 years by Friday but I needed to do
what has to be done. May God bless whatever it is we have taken as venture.

Amen.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:17am On Jun 04, 2015
gatiano:
Do not drop plan A until Your Plan B is set. When I mean set is when you have already invested some mpney, getting a place, and people(employee), and after you have made it work for atleast 1 year. What is your working schedule? mon-fri? then sat and sun would be a working day for you then, just to cross-check and make a decision for the week.
If you don't have trust issues, get a partner with equal fitting or you invest, Your partner works as director of the company taking 30 percent. all you have to do is to loose a few sleep. You may even create another company after sometime. It is just my opinion.

The business is all set. I actually delayed my exit because I was watching the political situation in the country.

No trust issues as I have a more than competent manager in wifey, but why continue to run after rats when you have the elephant in sight?

Lagos is not an 8am-5pm for most people. For me, it's currently like 5am-10pm. Get home almost drained after battling traffic for hours.

4 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:19am On Jun 04, 2015
TruthisOut:
I know he will change his mind by Monday. The above was not written in humility but the tone is that of an over-fed, complacent fellow. I guess it is one of those motivational speakers.

I actually laughed when I read this!!!
Re: It's Time To Resign! by TheAlchemist: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2015
vickylinco:
see this people dey talk about entrepreneurship when i dey here dey find job j just to take money home. A second class upper accounting graduate. Am not saying it's bad, but where is the money to use as capital? @op, thank your God.... still searching for job

You better send ur cv to the op, I am sure he will be hiring soon.
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollarboom:
You sound like ,though you are paid a salary many would envy yet you have been doing a job you really do not enjoy and does not give you fulfilment,the job is not giving you that special thing that would make you fly without wings. In my opinion, I would say we all have one chance at life,go ahead and live the real life you crave now that you have what it takes or else you will be filled with regrets of what you never really did but wanted badly to do when you get to the yonder place.

On point!
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2015
onatisi:
let me tell u the undilluted truth. In the nigeria economy and even world economy remove your mind from buying and selling. That is not business or entrepreneurship, in todays world you have to be skilled in a vocational skill and versatile in many fields. If you are thinking of buying and selling,it is like putting a hangman rope on ur neck. The only way to survive in todays world is to be able to use ur hands to create something or repair . If u can do that then u are good to go.

I disagree with you dear. Every business buys and sells something, whether it's a service or product. Banks, insurance companies, discount houses all sell something. Dangote, Nestle, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Samsung etc, all sell something.

Find something you can sell and throw everything at it!

6 Likes

Re: It's Time To Resign! by Eberex(m): 7:33am On Jun 04, 2015
onatisi:
Re: It's Time To Resign! by maxxy: 7:35am On Jun 04, 2015
TheAlchemist:

You better send ur cv to the op, I am sure he will be hiring soon.

Currently have 4 staff and still counting. Will be in the market for more staff shortly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cross River Civil Servants Protest Early Salary Payment On December 1, 2016 / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.