Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ladies Talk To Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Talk To Me (17716 Views)

My Husband Wont Talk To Me / . / Im Unhappy, I Need Someone To Talk To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahblessme:
People usually under estimate the power and satisfaction revenge brings.
Some people are naturally vengeful,tit for tat and paying back is the only way to self soothe.
Why do people spit in food, watch the other person eat it and feel joy?
How come people poison others and watch them get sick slowly while playing the attentive partner?
Revenge isn't for the weak minded or guilt ridden souls.
I find it funny when people talk like revenge cannot provide relief.
The kicker is that you think you are smart and getting away with it while I'm also enjoying myself. Hehehehee

You guys need to understand that sex isn't that big a deal for some. Its when 2/ more bodies enjoy each other.All this attaching of excess sentiment to it isn't for everyone.It is very easy to get attracted to another human being, throw in the mix of unhappily married woman and a man with a listening ear and broad shoulders to lean on and a full blown affair is born.Abi all the women cheating are aliens??

For me,do whatever lets you sleep at night.If it's getting your own back,so be it. I won't discourage o jare.If it's prayer, enjoy.If you want to live for your kids na you sabi.

I know exactly where I belong,no apologies.

Biko is this aisha2?
This is her style
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by cococandy(f): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
All these online ranting you see some guys exhibiting here is out of fear that one day their women will realize that they are not made to be doormats and demand respect too.

That's why there's that urgent need to hush anyone who's not preaching the 'endure and pray' message.
Babymama1:

Women in Nigeria have no voices in justice as at yet
Things are changing gradually but it will take time to get there
We read cases where an abused woman hoes to a police station to make a report and is told to go home and reconcile with her husband
Men and mothers in law still threaten wives with taking away the children if they leave
Didn't we read it here on nairaland where a woman was told by her MIL that she didn't come into her son's house with kids and will leave without any kids.
Until that changes,women will always get the shorter end of the stick

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Jahblessme: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:

Biko is this aisha2?
This is her style

F9
Aisha definitely doesn't type like me.
IM an innocent nairalander grin
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I get where your mum is coming from, but I'm afraid these "survival tactic" suggestions only sweep the problem under the carpet, without addressing the real problem staring the wife in the face.

I also see this advice as your typical Nollywood grin and bear. This is nothing but pretence, and it begs the question: For how long? And how much can she take? Does she keep ignoring and bearing till the man brazenly brings his sluts and side chicks into their matrimonial home? And unto their matrimonial bed?

I'm sorry to say this, but this is the unhealthiest, old-school advice to give an already unhappy married woman. It's also downright dangerous on so many levels, chief of which is, the woman being exposed to a host of STD / STI nasties out there. All because the supposedly married man chooses to turn himself into a public toilet?

Then there is hers and the children's psychological well being to be considered. A woman married to, and living with a chronic cheat is bound to be paranoid. Every phone call, email, and even post of his is treated with suspicion by her. So is every female non-relative who comes in contact with her husband. Innocent gestures get treated with suspicion. Seriously, what sort of life is that? Yes, she can throw herself into looking after their kids, into her career, business, homefront, etc but it still won't change the fact that her doing all of the aforementioned is simply giving the man the green light to continue with his philandering ways. It also reeks of desperation and the belief that marriage is a do-or-die affair. That it's better to be an unhappy DEAD Mrs than a happily divorced Ms.

And for those who say they'll remain in those hell of a marriage, for the sake of their kids, who are they kidding? How can an unhappy mother who hates men with a venom bring up a happy balanced male kid - when this same male kid grows up in an environment seeing dad cheat like there's no tomorrow, where dad treats mum like shyté, and sees the pain mum goes through every single day? How can such a woman bring up a well balanced, full of self-esteem girl child, when the mother herself doesn't inspire self-worth, and allows herself to be treated with little or no regard by such a man?

Chances are the male kids there will grow up thinking and acting exactly like their father because it's all they've ever known and, will accept it as being the norm. As being normal. The female child on the other hand is bound to see all men as lying cheats and [b]will
go into marriage, expecting the worst - which is the bottom line of the advice given to you.
[/b]
Pls, let's all learn to call a spade, a spade. There is only so much the spouse of a cheating partner can take before he or she snaps. Everyone's got their thresholds, and when that that line is crossed, the actions taken won't be pretty.

There is absolutely no shame in packing your bags and kids, and walking out of a hellish marriage. Keep your sanity and happiness intact. Life is too precious. We only have one shot at it, so make the very best of it as you can.

Shikena.

Words of wisdom as usual
It's almost a given that women who watched their mothers abused will remain in abuse come what may and men who watched their fathers abuse their mothers and she stayed will abuse their wives and expect them to stay
We model what we see in our own families
There are of course exceptions to every rule

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Zi: 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama, lemme talk to you.

I read that thread in awe and fear. Because more or less I was putting myself in the ladies shoes as I read along.

Pls permit me to introduce myself properly, the reason is as you will see below. I am a female, aged 26 plus. I was a top shot as an undergraduate student in Nigeria currently doing my Masters in Power Engineering abroad, I have more than average looks (so you won't say its lack of opportunity) and I have never had sex (in any of its forms) all because I believe in the sanctity of marriage.

A long time ago, I made up my mind sex has to wait for marriage, but if paraventure I find out my husband is cheating on me, that is the day he declared that marriage an open marriage. Reading that thread, I am consolidating my plan. All I will do is lay in wait and get concrete evidences with dates attached to the clips so he can't deny he didn't open that door. We will both be passing through it freely.

Yes, I'm not holding back virginity to impress him or anybody for that matter, I simply want to obey God. But he, (my husband), has to respect that decision. If he decides to cheat, hehehe, I will show him that what is good for the geese is also good for the gander. Period!

See, I'm not ready to leave my marriage for anyone, kpatakpata he will be the one to run not me. I'm not ready for any drama or tears or sucide episodes etc. We will simply drift into open marriage and I will really make up for all my long wait.

I have started preparing myself for whatever dieases we both have to share and die in. You can't cheat on me and still put me in emotional trauma, mbanu!

All in all, I pray God to give me a man that values marriage and is ready to keep his vows till death do us part. He will be the happiest man on earth because I'm gonna live for him.

Sorry if my post offends you, just venting.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by KissesandWine(f): 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Avalon316:

NO SUGAR COATING HERE.
This thread is just a way of encouraging women to cheat just to get back at their cheating husbands. Why not walk out of the marriage?
Have you no respect for your own body?

mumu,she is not out of shape.

Slinging insults now, are we? Lol. It's been established severally on this thread already.. if a woman is able to leave, then she should. What I found interesting in your previous comnent is you were trying to shift blame. Making it seem like it's the woman's fault that her husband cheats because she's out of shape. A reasoning that's just flawed.

All this talk won't be happening if men would just be faithful in the first place. If one is not responsible enough to commit to one person, why get married at all?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahblessme:

F9

Well,I certainly dig your "take no prisoners" style
Let the chips fall where they may
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
KissesandWine:

Slinging insults now, are we? Lol. It's been established severally on this thread already.. if a woman is able to leave, then she should. What I found interesting in your previous comnent is you were trying to shift blame. Making it seem like it's the woman's fault that her husband cheats because she's out of shape. A reasoning that's just flawed.

All this talk won't be happening if men would just be faithful in the first place. If one is not responsible enough to commit to one person, why get married at all?

Honey please don't let anyone lead you to derail this thread
If you ignore people long enough ,they just refresh and refresh and go away

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by babygirlfl: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahblessme:

F9

We love you. Whether you are Aisha or not I don't care.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by babygirlfl: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
cococandy:
All these online ranting you see some guys exhibiting here is out of fear that one day their women will realize that they are not made to be doormats and demand respect too.

That's why there's that urgent need to hush anyone who's not preaching the 'endure and pray' message.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
KissesandWine:

The problem is that you still don't understand my initial post. I never said men should cheat or have any reason to cheat.
I just pointed out that threads like this will encourage cheating. Two wrongs will only kill whatever is left of the marriage.
If it ever become a game to see who will win(husbands vs wives), the men will outclass the women in the dirty game.

period.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
A woman married to, and living with a chronic cheat is bound to be paranoid. Every phone call, email, and even post of his is treated with suspicion by her. So is every female non-relative who comes in contact with her husband. Innocent gestures get treated with suspicion. Seriously, what sort of life is that? Yes, she can throw herself into looking after their kids, into her career, business, homefront, etc but it still won't change the fact that her doing all of the aforementioned is simply giving the man the green light to continue with his philandering ways. It also reeks of desperation and the belief that marriage is a do-or-die affair. That it's better to be an unhappy DEAD Mrs than a happily divorced Ms.

I love my mother to bits but this is a topic where we continually have divergent views
She accuses me of being too Americanized when I say things like this
She quickly reminds me Nigeria is a different society where my American views will not fly
When she starts with all the testimonies of her daughters in The Lord of how the woman endured husband bringing in another wife into the matrimonial home and how they are praying that God will chase out the strange woman etc,I will be like so mom this is what you mothers in the faith advise young women who seek counsel from you to do
And believe me my mom is not alone in this,90-95% of people in Nigeria will advise the woman to stay
Infact people will abuse you for allowing another woman chase you away from your matrimonial home
It's not a matter of self pride and dignity,it is a matter of staying married and showing that you have staying power
Right here on the forum you read young women telling other young women the same things
Perhaps if I didn't leave Nigeria in my early twenties I would be reasoning the same way too and giving the same counsel
Who knows

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Jahblessme: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
babygirlfl:

We love you. Whether you are Aisha or not I don't care.

This made me laugh...We love you from here too grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
cococandy:
It couldnt have been captured better than this.
In that "politician ashawo cheating thread and similar threads" they remained in their holes but if the OP opens a thread and say divorce cheating husbands, they will creep out of their holes to say she is the worse adviser, including the ugly one that always end with "radio" looking for young girls he thinks he can flex muscle with because he is flexing muscle with the over 20years younger naive girl he married.
Now Op says stay and cheat back, they are asking what happened to divorced.
Surely women are stepping up only that women are also the ones slowing the pace. I wont be surprised if the statement "cheating is in the DNA of a man" was first said by a Nigerian woman.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Floodgater:

In that "politician ashawo cheating thread and similar threads" they remained in their holes but if the OP opens a thread and say divorce cheating husbands, they will creep out of their holes to say she is the worse adviser, including the ugly one that always end with "radio" looking for young girls he thinks he can flex muscle with because he is flexing muscle with the over 20years younger naive girl he married.
Surely women are stepping up only that women are also the ones slowing the pace. I wont be surprised if the statement "cheating is in the DNA of a man" was first said by a Nigerian woman.

Did you see my di di bobo or the ones quoting the Bible on coming clean and having no secrets on that thread?
You won't find them there to condemn that man

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:

Did you see my di di bobo on that thread?
No, there was no need of the bible there. Now they want to say two wrongs dont make a right, it leaves the marriage with nothing when it only take one wrong from a woman to make the marriage look like it never existed.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
cococandy:

Didn't you see the near heart attack when the marital advise thread soared towards 100 pages grin grin grin
Many couldn't take it and expressed their pain severally going as far as trying to discredit me with fabricated stories
If only they know the number of email messages I got privately and still get from my comments on that thread,they may jump off a cliff

I got email from ladies in relationships with men on nairaland who they feared may find them out so they preferred to write email
I even got email from men too,some were people hoping to settle and asking my thoughts on issues

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nnekacherry: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
A cheating husband.. One of the worst things to happen to a woman.. Always a depressing topic..

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Avalon316:

The problem is that you still don't understand my initial post. I never said men should cheat or have any reason to cheat.
I just pointed out that threads like this will encourage cheating. Two wrongs will only kill whatever is left of the marriage.
If it ever become a game to see who will win(husbands vs wives), the men will outclass the women in the dirty game.

period.

Are you serious

You mean a wife in a loving marriage will read some ladies saying they will cheat on cheating husbands and decide to cheat?

O Lordy shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by KissesandWine(f): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Are you serious

You mean a wife in a loving marriage will read some ladies saying they will cheat on cheating husbands and decide to cheat?

O Lordy shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm also struggling to understand his post as well.
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nnekacherry:
A cheating husband.. One of the worst things to happen to a woman..
Always a depressing topic..

I am glad we can talk about this
As you can see many are not comfortable discussing it but it needs to be talked about
Cheating is terrible,whether by a man or woman
Women are told continually to consider the kids but no one tells the man in Nigeria the same
Yet when she decides to leave she is expected by the same eediotic societal leanings to leave the kids with the same man who has no consideration for them
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by bukatyne(f): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
KissesandWine:

I'm also struggling to understand his post as well.

Strange
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by 5minsmadness: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Exactly, you have said it all...

Even if my husband cheats 100times (God forbid), I can never ever cheat back.. where's my self worth? Mehn, I can't stoop too low.. opening my legs for another man?? Geezz, so disgusting. .. I will gain more pains from doing that.. Then, talk about my relationship with God...

There are other ways to get happiness asides cheating back biko...

God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
We women have failed our sons how do we expect men to treat us well, imagine a son angry with the father for not treating the mother right and the mother says it's the wife that makes the home. He then gets married beats and cheats on his wife and when she cries out he says are you better than my mother, she kept her home despite everything, what are you going through that's new, learn to keep your home
. who is to blame mother or son. or is it the mil that dil will complain to about her travails in the marriage and the mil will side her son ,and tell her to bear. We women need to work on ourselves, it starts and ends with us. I know a lady who advised her fellow lady to stay and pray for her husband who beat her up and gave her a gaping wound because she confronted his mistress, the matter for hand e plenty for ground

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
KissesandWine:
See.. I've never been married but I've been in relationships.
I was in one where through Facebook, I caught the guy cheating. I'm afraid to say this.. but it is becoming apparent that the majority of men cheat. Why men cannot be faithful to their women is beyond me. But it is the sad reality and I'm not about to devise a formula to stop them from straying. Aint nobody got time fo that. Instead of wallowing over it, I think we would be doing ourselves a great service by finding a way to work around it.

Last time I was home, my mum drew my ears to tell me the following:

- Never hinge your happiness on your relationship with a man. Whether you're just seeing each other, whether the relationship is full-blown and you guys are now engaged, or whether you guys are married.. you have to learn to seek happiness outside of what the man has to offer emotionally. If you make your husband your primary source of happiness.. you are just one dose of reality away from a heart attack. As much as you may claim to know your significant other more than than the back of hands.. he is still human. A mere mortal. Therefore, like you and I, he has that predisposition to be unpredictable. To err. To disappoint sometimes.

Don't let the tables turn before you start preparing. Enter into your relationships armed so that you won't be floored when you start seeing signs. Give yourself something else to focus on. If you have kids.. focus on them. Invest your time in them. They should come first before your man (yes, I said it!). If you have hobbies that make you happy.. drown yourself in them. If you like makeup, honey, doll that face up if it makes you happy. Exercise. Keep in Shape. Cook your favorite meals and make it seem like it was his idea to begin with.

You'll find that before you're done with all of these, you won't even have time to spend thinking of what your man may or may not be doing. This is not me saying that you should be disrespectful to your husband. Do what is expected of you.. perform your wifely duties etc. Just don't make him the center of your life. If your man is cheating.. you're obviously not at the core of his either. The happiness you find in yourself will eventually radiate and keep everyone - including your husband- happy.
am in love wt ur mum...best advice of d year
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
Zi:

I read that thread in awe and fear. Because more or less I was putting myself in the ladies shoes as I read along.

Pls permit me to introduce myself properly, the reason is as you will see below. I am a female, aged 26 plus. I was a top shot as an undergraduate student in Nigeria currently doing my Masters in Power Engineering abroad, I have more that average looks (so you won't say its lack of opportunity) and I have never had sex (in any of its forms) all because I believe in the sanctity of marriage.

A long time ago, I made up my mind sex has to wait for marriage, but if paraventure I find out my husband is cheating on me, that is the day he declared that marriage an open marriage. Reading that thread, I am consolidating my plan. All I will do is lay in wait and get concrete evidences with dates attached to the clips so he can't deny he didn't open that door. We will both be passing through it freely.

Yes, I'm not holding back virginity to impress him or anybody for that matter, I simply want to obey God. But if he, (my husband), has to respect that decision. If he decides to cheat, hehehe, I will show him that what is good for the geese is also good for the gander. Period!

See, I'm not ready to leave my marriage for anyone, kpatakpata he will be the one to run not me. I'm not ready for any drama or tears or sucidev episodes etc. We will simply drift drift into open marriage and I will really make up for all my long wait.

I have started preparing myself for whatever dieases we both have to share and die in. You can't cheat on me and still put me in emotional trauma, mbanu!

All in all, I pray God to give me a man that values marriage and is ready to keep his vows till death do us path. He will be the happiest man on earth because I'm gonna live for him.

Biko give no apology for venting
That's what this thread is about
But I wouldn't want you to go into marriage with this mindset of yours I highlighted ,go in with the mind to love and build and cherish .
The best way is to pick the right man prayerfully and open your eyes and weed off some of these men at courtship
That is my primary advise and of course don't marry a man you barely know

Most of what we read here are women trying to fix what they already knew from the onset or those who married men they never courted a while
If your man was running around on you while you dated,he will do same at marriage
If he pushed and shoved you while dating and scared you will yellings
He will beat you black and blue in marriage
That one is a sure banker

If you told me you will send him quicker to his grave if he infected you,I might understand grin grin
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by DollyParton1(f): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Avalon316:

period.

The marriage died the moment the husband decided to put his stick in another hole.

So a wife can not cheat on her cheating husband, but a man cannot only cheat on his faithful wife, but also bring the hoe home.
Its high time you so called men (who are merely boys in men's bodies) started having a huge taste of your own medicines too.

Although I can't cheat back, I would rather walk away, but if that would make the next lady feel better, then GO GIRL!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by DollyParton1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:

The best way is to pick the right man prayerfully and open your eyes and weed off some of these men at courtship
That is my primarily advise and of course don't marry a man you barely know
Most of what we read here are women trying to fix what they already knew from the onset or those who married men they never courted a while
If your man was running around on you while you dated,he will do same at marriage
If he pushed and shoved you while dating and scared you will yellings
He will beat you black and blue in marriage
That one is a sure banker

I always say it, an abusive or cheating partner must have exhibited some of the traits during courtship. Most people are just too blinded by love to notice or too desperate for marriage to think deeply. Or some are foolish enough to think the other one will change.
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by KissesandWine(f): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

I always say it, an abusive or cheating partner must have exhibited some of the traits during courtship. Most people are just too blinded by love to notice or too desperate for marriage to think deeply. Or some are foolish enough to think the other one will change.

That's the main one. Some ladies even think they can make their partners changes. Girls love projects lol.
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Tenk you
Floodgater:

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Talk To Me by cococandy(f): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Zi:

Pls permit me to introduce myself properly, the reason is as you will see below. I am a female, aged 26 plus. I was a top shot as an undergraduate student in Nigeria currently doing my Masters in Power Engineering abroad, I have more that average looks (so you won't say its lack of opportunity) and I have never had sex (in any of its forms) all because I believe in the sanctity of marriage.

Yes, I'm not holding back virginity to impress him or anybody for that matter, I simply want to obey God. But if he, (my husband), has to respect that decision. If he decides to cheat, hehehe, I will show him that what is good for the geese is also good for the gander. Period!

See, I'm not ready to leave my marriage for anyone, kpatakpata he will be the one to run not me. I'm not ready for any drama or tears or sucidev episodes etc. We will simply drift drift into open marriage and I will really make up for all my long wait.

I have started preparing myself for whatever dieases we both have to share and die in.
You can't cheat on me and still put me in emotional trauma, mbanu!

All in all, I pray God to give me a man that values marriage and is ready to keep his vows till death do us path. He will be the happiest man on earth because I'm gonna live for him.

grin shocked

Hei. Hehehehheheeh
Re: Ladies Talk To Me by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) / Guys, What Would You Do If Your Wife Aborted Without Your Knowledge? / Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.