Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl (57262 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl / My Friend Has Been Seducing Me- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
babasade:
you better be wise when posting..yes she is a minor..but I could rather wait till she is 25 and marry her..we were both in love with each other, she looks older than her age you wouldn't even know..

hopefully your daughter fall into the hands of a predator like her pedophile predator father
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by texanomaly(f): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Cavenchy:

You have a point, however the heart doesn't care about age or class differences, people would only laugh at what you're ashamed of and respect what you honour. The truth is, the success is determined by his maturity and her's too (assuming she was well brought up and behaves matured like he says ''she acts 20'') should overcome whatever challenges they might encounter and people would soon begin to overlook the age difference.
However I would agree with you on two things:

1. The chances of her being mature enough to understand love and life are pretty slim for most girls her age though there are exceptions.

2. The chances of him being genuinely interested in a girl who he only describes as giving him the green light (he doesn't explain in details how the relationship goes beyond merely physical) or how he sees their future together. The OP might not know he is taking advantage of her naivety and think it's mutual. In UK for example, a girl can't give consent till she is 16, as it is assumed she doesn't fully comprehend her emotions and is likely to regret such actions afterwards.

I think the issue here might be her age rather than the gap. I agree he needs to let her mature (if he feels she probably isn't there yet), but I'm sure the OP knows her more than any of us do. I would advice him not to take advantage of the situation if his conscience tells him she is just being naïve.

What you said here is important.

Cavenchy:

The truth is, the success is determined by his maturity

A mature man does not become involved with a child, no mater how mature her body or her education. A mature man would never have aloud this relationship to progress to "green light". He would have sent her on her way, or let her know in no uncertain terms that he had no interest in her romantically before things progressed this far.

If he couldn't resist he should have taken himself out of temptations way, because as you point out, he is the "mature" adult here. He should have saved her from herself instead of taking advantage of what is probably a teenage crush.

I agree with the bolded. It is her age, not the age gap. What you said about regretting her actions later is likely to happen in this situation. Isn't it better to let her grow up and have a relationship later?

What happens when she wakes up one day, after they are married and have a child or two, and realizes she made a mistake in her impulsive, hormone ridden youth? It is too late then...especially if there are children involved.

Btw...a "well brought up" young lady does not give a grown man a "green light", and a mature, grown man does not entertain inappropriate thoughts or encourage a teen. At her age she is easily manipulated by the attentions of a more world wise and older man.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by edorhe14(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
U guys should take it easy on him for fvck sakes...Frankly yall a bunch of hypocrites..
Some of u are pedophiles and cos some one air out his issues yall rainy insults on him.
Yall should just act matured and advise him and not slaunder him.
Jeez!!!
Bro sometimes in life we may want something but most times we can have it cos its just how life is.
My advice to u is if u love her so much..U gotta wait for her and don't do anything stupid now cos u may end up in prison which in time she will forget abt u.
The age difference isn't that much...
But she is a child at the moment so use ur head and not ur junior.
Holla!
#onelove

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Cavenchy(m): 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
texanomaly:

What you said here is important.

A mature man does not become involved with a child, no mater how mature her body or her education. A mature man would never have aloud this relationship to progress to "green light". He would have sent her on her way, or let her know in no uncertain terms that he had no interest in her romantically before things progressed this far.

If he couldn't resist he should have taken himself out of temptations way, because as you point out, he is the "mature" adult here. He should have saved her from herself instead of taking advantage of what is probably a teenage crush.

I agree with the bolded. It is her age, not the age gap. What you said about regretting her actions later is likely to happen in this situation. Isn't it better to let her grow up and have a relationship later?

What happens when she wakes up one day, after they are married and have a child or two, and realizes she made a mistake in her impulsive, hormone ridden youth? It is too late then...especially if there are children involved.

Btw...a "well brought up" young lady does not give a grown man a "green light", and a mature, grown man does not entertain inappropriate thoughts or encourage a teen. At her age she is easily manipulated by the attentions of a more world wise and older man.

I made the assertion that she might be mature at 16 based on the fact that in many countries, 16 year olds are expected to be sensible. But from the points you have made so far especially the last paragraph, she might still be naïve afterall. The OP still hasn't given enough details about the supposed advances made by this young lady which he has termed green light. He should know better in this situation and not take advantage of her playful and willingly submissive character which is peculiar among young girls who haven't learnt how to control their emotions. He is supposed to be the mature one exhibiting self control in this situation. If he has genuine reasons for wanting to court her (e.g because he sees future wife qualities in her) he should cut out all forms of physical temptations for now and focus on building her from a psychologically mature point of view (No commitments), that way, even if she doesn't choose him later on, she wouldn't feel awkward or used, but would rather give him more respect for the role he played in moulding her life. The minute an elder starts doing bad things with children, he becomes their mate and loses his respect. Manipulating young girls in the 21st century is like a ticking time bomb, rude awakenings later in life could have severe consequences for one or both of them in the future, OP have you achieved your life aims? (i.e. are you ready to settle down?), Please don't let your urges lead you astray. You should be able to make your decisions with your experience and maturity.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 4:40am On Jun 05, 2015
sirjohnson:
Okay, the 16 year old girl lives on the same street as mine. She is a very pretty girl, looks like a 20 year old. She is very intelligent as well. And I have no ulterior motive; I dont want to sleep with her or mess around with her. She gave me the green light, I got it, I followed it, now we have something going. Can someone tell me I am crazy? BTW, I am 28.
Don't mind these folks condemning you. People like that can not be trusted. They are only on the internet pretending to be 'pious'. They are the kind that rape young girls. Pay close attention to some men, they are in the 70s but married to 40s yr old woman.

What you need is good intention (not to have intercourse with her). Be good and don't allow yourself to bring her in your room(two of you alone). As a matter of fact, meet her at her parents' place anytime you intend to visit her. Let her graduate secondary school at least. And be sure you are working or have profession. There is absolutely nothing wrong falling in love with her so long you have good intention. That's important part. I am sure she's ripe enough to have baby. There are bunch of 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 yr olds in western world who are impregnated by assailants or boyfriend without marriage. So don't mind these folks condemning you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Davidohida(m): 7:21am On Jun 05, 2015
If u leave her nw,someonelse will still come for her and use her.Date her,keep her safe,teach her morals,make her see reasons y it is good to be educated and marry her wen d time is right.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by smartesboys(m): 8:02am On Jun 05, 2015
what are you still waiting for? When we try to make social relationship we needn't to think about age.
many young girl know alot about life, you should consider her beheviour, if he is good to you. you can marry to her.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Jagabanthelion: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2015
Some females shouting age gap here are 25 and dating men of over 60yrs as sugadaddies,and yet are screaming over twelve yrs gap. Hypocrites everywhere.
OP,let her be till she is nineteen at least. Its all puberty effects on her. Ladies from age fourteen start admiring men above their age grade,they abandon their mates because at that age,they mature faster than their male counterparts. Their male counterparts later meet up at age 20.Its all elementary Biology,go and read it up. Every man has had experiences of an underage admirer,that's what separates MEN from PAEDOPHILES. If u wanna marry her,and u have a clear conscience,feel free to share your thoughts wit her mum so she will advise her appropriately. If not,na chop u wan chop her,u just dey pretend till d day Conji go do u wetin Orubebe/Farouk lawan did to their own political careers.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
eller5267:
Now you're not crazy. There's nothing wrong with it. Im 17 and my boo is 28 and we're in love. Its even better to date the older guys cos there's minimal drama and they're usually serious with relationships. They're usually less [left][/left][/color]likely to bleep around too.[color=#000000]

17 and your yansh big like this shocked
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by eller5267(f): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Is it unusual?
rogerdat:

17 and your yansh big like this shocked
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by texanomaly(f): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
eller5267:
Is it unusual?

That depends on how you feel about pedophilia.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
eller5267:
Is it unusual?

not really..
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by eller5267(f): 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Explain please
texanomaly:

That depends on how you feel about pedophilia.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Cavenchy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
eller5267:
Explain please

I think she thought you were posting about the topic, but you were replying someone who referenced your age to the size of your behind.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by texanomaly(f): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
eller5267:
Explain please

I'm not sure any more explanation is necessary.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by tt148: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
sirjohnson:
Okay, the 16 year old girl lives on the same street as mine. She is a very pretty girl, looks like a 20 year old. She is very intelligent as well. And I have no ulterior motive; I dont want to sleep with her or mess around with her. She gave me the green light, I got it, I followed it, now we have something going. Can someone tell me I am crazy? BTW, I am 28.

You're having a crush on a 16 year old..hmmm, youre not crazy sir, wait till shes 18 years before trying anything funny.. age of consent is 18, just keep that in mind
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by smoby(m): 2:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Smh...... To those shit heads wey They first throw stone....... I have seen a gul of sixteen as in last year bt now dating sm1 of if m not mistaking more than a more more mature guy than her.....

Those runz gul sleepn with more older men how old did u think They are......

Smh....... Again for u people
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 3:54am On Sep 13, 2017
Pineapp:
Children these days know a lot more than their ages especially the ones that read wide and use the internet wisela questiony.. Love her truly and support her positively.

This is so wrong, let a child be a child.
He should stay away from her until she becomes a woman. The best advice that you should have given him was to find a woman to love and to stay away from the girl.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 3:57am On Sep 13, 2017
sirjohnson:

You are a paedophile and I Hate males like you. Keep your filthy disgusting ass away from that child. I hope that one of her male family members rip you to pieces.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 4:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Jagabanthelion:

Some females shouting age gap here are 25 and dating men of over 60yrs as sugadaddies,and yet are screaming over twelve yrs gap. Hypocrites everywhere.
OP,let her be till she is nineteen at least. Its all puberty effects on her. Ladies from age fourteen start admiring men above their age grade,they abandon their mates because at that age,they mature faster than their male counterparts. Their male counterparts later meet up at age 20.Its all elementary Biology,go and read it up. Every man has had experiences of an underage admirer,that's what separates MEN from PAEDOPHILES. If u wanna marry her,and u have a clear conscience,feel free to share your thoughts wit her mum so she will advise her appropriately. If not,na chop u wan chop her,u just dey pretend till d day Conji go do u wetin Orubebe/Farouk lawan did to their own political careers.

The difference between a 25 year old dating a 60 year old and a 28 year old manipulating a 16 year old is the fact that the 25 year old and the 60 year old are both ADULTS. Remember the difference.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 4:22am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
Don't mind these folks condemning you. People like that can not be trusted. They are only on the internet pretending to be 'pious'. They are the kind that rape young girls. Pay close attention to some men, they are in the 70s but married to 40s yr old woman.

What you need is good intention (not to have intercourse with her). Be good and don't allow yourself to bring her in your room(two of you alone). As a matter of fact, meet her at her parents' place anytime you intend to visit her. Let her graduate secondary school at least. And be sure you are working or have profession. There is absolutely nothing wrong falling in love with her so long you have good intention. That's important part. I am sure she's ripe enough to have baby. There are bunch of 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 yr olds in western world who are impregnated by assailants or boyfriend without marriage. So don't mind these folks condemning you.

Another sick paedophile, 12, 13, 14, 15,16 year old children having babies with old dirty bas.tards is just fine in your sick mind. Damn shame. Oh you are a Muslim, that explains it.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 4:25am On Sep 13, 2017
khiaa:

Another sick paedophile, 12, 13, 14, 15,16 year old children having babies with old dirty bas.tards is just fine in your sick mind. Damn shame.
how can I help you

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 4:27am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
how can I help you

Yeah, just fall off the face of the earth.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 4:32am On Sep 13, 2017
U sick. U live in Usa according to your profile but you telling me here like u dont know califonian kids get pregnant anyhow? and u have problem with this one?
khiaa:

Yeah, just fall off the face of the earth.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 4:40am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
U sick. U live in Usa according to your profile but you telling me here like u dont know califonian kids get pregnant anyhow? and u have problem with this one?

Just because kids get pregnant is not a reason to condone it, also it's called statutory rape and those paedophiles are serving time in prison getting their asses raped and beaten because those normal sexual men hate paedophiles and rapists.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 4:51am On Sep 13, 2017
this is not what i am saying. I am even talking abut kids getting pregnant for one another. No one says much about it bcus they have incentives. But in Nigerian society, possibility exist that ladies may be proposed to by much older men bcus boys at her age are still immature or struggling to make ends meet. In the west it is the opposite. Both 16yrs old boys and girls have incentives and no one cares if she gets pregnant.. So save me ur trash
khiaa:

Just because kids get pregnant is not a reason to condone it, also it's called statutory rape and those paedophiles are serving time in prison getting their asses raped and beaten because those normal sexual men hate paedophiles and rapists.
at the end of the day, her boy friend is "babyfather" and they may never marry. Or the dude may not even take responsibilities. Govt does through sorts of benefits like WIC u name it

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 5:05am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
this is not what i am saying. I am even talking abut kids getting pregnant for one another. No one says much about it bcus they have incentives. But in Nigerian society, possibility exist that ladies may be proposed to by much older men bcus boys at her age are still immature or struggling to make ends meet. In the west it is the opposite. Both 16yrs old boys and girls have incentives and no one cares if she gets pregnant.. So save me ur trashat the end of the day, her boy friend is "babyfather" and they may never marry. Or the dude may not even take responsibilities. Govt does through sorts of benefits like WIC u name it

As I recall the topic was about a paedophile wanting to get his dirty hands on a young girl. What has that have to do with the mistakes that two kids make? He is a grown ass man and he should know right from wrong. He's not in love with this child but in lust. SMH
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 5:09am On Sep 13, 2017
khiaa:

As I recall the topic was about a paedophile wanting to get his dirty hands on a young girl. What has that have to do with the mistakes that two kids make? He is a grown ass man and he should know right from wrong. He's not in love with this child but in lust. SMH
leave them alone. How is cali
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 5:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
this is not what i am saying. I am even talking abut kids getting pregnant for one another. No one says much about it bcus they have incentives. But in Nigerian society, possibility exist that ladies may be proposed to by much older men bcus boys at her age are still immature or struggling to make ends meet. In the west it is the opposite. Both 16yrs old boys and girls have incentives and no one cares if she gets pregnant.. So save me ur trashat the end of the day, her boy friend is "babyfather" and they may never marry. Or the dude may not even take responsibilities. Govt does through sorts of benefits like WIC u name it

And what do you mean that in the U.S. a child can get pregnant and nobody cares? That's a Damn lie. They care they just don't believe in killing the baby like you do in Nigeria. They believe that the sin is in the fornication not in God's creation.
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by Empiree: 5:14am On Sep 13, 2017
khiaa:

And what do you mean that in the U.S. a child can get pregnant and nobody cares? That's a Damn lie. They care they just don't believe in killing the baby like you do in Nigeria. They believe that the sin is in the fornication not in God's creation.
no one cares in the sense that it is not a big deal she's prego at that age. Deny this and I will refute you
Re: What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl by khiaa(f): 5:15am On Sep 13, 2017
Empiree:
leave them alone. How is cali

No I will not leave him alone, you should tell him to get him a woman and to leave that baby alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ladies Never Marry Men With These 3 Issues!! / What Happened To A Newly Married Couple In My Car Yes / Wedding Photos Of The Young Nigerian Guy And His Older American Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.