Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111246 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by BamBamK: 3:45pm On May 06, 2021
Ride on, Sir !!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Grupo(m): 4:52pm On May 06, 2021
The third owner didn't change oil from 2017 to 2020. Or I didn't see that well?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22pm On May 06, 2021
Grupo:
The third owner didn't change oil from 2017 to 2020. Or I didn't see that well?

He didn't use a dealership that took records.

6 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Grupo(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Ah! Fear for catch me.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by emmyN(m): 10:19pm On May 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

He must be a Nigerian cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2021
emmyN:

He must be a Nigerian cheesy

With that danfo driving that lead to ditch, who can know tongue

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by igbsam(m): 12:25am On May 08, 2021
Following religiously.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On May 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Engine service history.

Engine had a history of consistent oil changes at about 5000 mile intervals .

All was fine till the third user cheesy

Replacing the Engine was a very good decision, there where too many small parts that would have been impossible to find locally if we didn't.

Process of preparing the drivetrain was like putting a puzzle together, it's pretty easy once you understand the dynamics of what parts to find where and how hoses pipes and wires should be routed.

Oil Drain and change was done on the ground, engine was cranked on the ground until oil light went off, indicating possible good oil pressure and supply. Didn't hear any unwanted sounds also. There's really no space at the back of this engine so no mistakes can be made with piping or harnesses.

Engine harness was rebuilt and all old missing and broken sockets were replaced.

Old O2 sensors were detected early and replaced before installing. If you are familiar with this engine, you would know there's little room for replacing O2 sensors with engine in bay. Also missing catalytic converter, but we got O2 spacers to solve problem.

The Turbo intercooler that came with new engine was Damaged, so old one had to be used .

Old Turbo intercooler backwashed and reused.

Engine harness cleaned, most visible metal parts that had been discoloured , wire brushed and repainted, fuel lines run, fuel pressure tested,

Drivetrain reinstalled.

Summary of long talk in video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuxLKqZop7Q

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by MrFinbarr(m): 7:47am On May 08, 2021
Magic Happened Next!!!
You sir, are a Genius!!!

GAZZUZZ:

Replacing the Engine was a very good decision, there where too many small parts that would have been impossible to find locally if we didn't.

Process of preparing the drivetrain was like putting a puzzle together, it's pretty easy once you understand the dynamics of what parts to find where and how hoses pipes and wires should be routed.

Oil Drain and change was done on the ground, engine was cranked on the ground until oil light went off, indicating possible good oil pressure and supply. Didn't hear any unwanted sounds also. There's really no space at the back of this engine so no mistakes can be made with piping or harnesses.

Engine harness was rebuilt and all old missing and broken sockets were replaced.

Old O2 sensors were detected early and replaced before installing. If you are familiar with this engine, you would know there's little room for replacing O2 sensors with engine in bay. Also missing catalytic converter, but we got O2 spacers to solve problem.

The Turbo intercooler that came with new engine was Damaged, so old one had to be used .

Engine harness cleaned, most visible metal parts that had been discoloured , wire brushed and repainted, fuel lines run, fuel pressure tested,

Drivetrain reinstalled.

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by olumzzz(m): 8:23am On May 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Drivetrain reinstalled.

Got the message there.
African giant

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On May 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Drivetrain reinstalled.

Final part.

Was a long road to recovery, but was worth the effort.

Still has a Few jobs left like new tyres , headlamps , Front grill and some upholstery work. Finally a good paint job would Make a big difference.

Apart From this, Vehicle Drives Fine and has been Restored to Factory Specs .

This Video was First start, and several starts Later after installing more engine bay accessories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBS1Jw9yoc

This video summarises the repair Process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSZ2zh5N6o4

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by MrFinbarr(m): 1:45am On May 12, 2021
As usual, it was a HIT!!
Back to Back!!!
The project was worth is, I kept checking for updates about it grin

If only my baby can receive your amazing touch Sir cry
The fuel consumption is giving me a nightmare cry cry
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by sauceEEP(m): 7:24am On May 12, 2021
Doings get level..... Nice one Google mechanic, e choke!!!

7 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by olumzzz(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Final part.

Still has a Few jobs left like new tyres , headlamps , Front grill and some upholstery work. Finally a good paint job would Make a big difference.

This Video was First start, and several starts Later after installing more engine bay accessories.

shocked

Where did all the xmas lights go?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:09am On May 12, 2021
Calculusx, Gazzuzz has done really well.
Replacing new tyres, grill, upholstery and maybe a new paint job can be done by whoever the owner chooses to gift it to.

So, Should we come to claim the prize? Awa la wa first in line grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by calculusx(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2021
This one choke ooo grin. Who knows, I may change my mind and decide to drive
Test drive it grin diportivo do you still want this RDX?
Thanks Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by diportivo: 10:36am On May 12, 2021
calculusx:
Thanks Gazzuzz

oga mi

u know say I remain loyal na grin

I want oo abeg

I want baje baje

3 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by freshvine(f): 11:01am On May 12, 2021
calculusx:
Thanks Gazzuzz

I million cash
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by nymphomaniac(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2021
calculusx:
Thanks Gazzuzz
dash me na make I Dey bring monthly Uber money for u cheesy
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by nymphomaniac(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2021
freshvine:

I million cash
no come spoil our market Abeg. angry grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by freshvine(f): 11:34am On May 12, 2021
Calculusx One million Naira Cash. That's appreciating you for dashing me.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by igbsam(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Final part.

Agba awo mechanic. I'm coming o
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by nymphomaniac(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2021
freshvine:
Calculusx One million Naira Cash. That's appreciating you for dashing me.
calculusx 20k per week for 60 weeks. I be lawyer so I’ll draw up the agreements.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by diportivo: 12:48pm On May 12, 2021
awon olobe undecided

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2021
Wahala grin

Abeg me I need the cargo space for my work sha.

Will be highly appreciated!

A thank You with cash of course smiley
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by freshvine(f): 1:43pm On May 12, 2021
nymphomaniac:
calculusx 20k per week for 60 weeks. I be lawyer so I’ll draw up the agreements.

I'll pay for repairs calculusx
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by bastien: 1:44pm On May 12, 2021
Please where can I get original fan belt for my Camry 09
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2021
calculusx:
Thanks Gazzuzz

Nah me go say thank you. E nor easy to use money of one small corolla to revive one RDX.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by sauceEEP(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle...

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by freshvine(f): 6:00pm On May 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Nah me go say thank you. E nor easy to use money of one small corolla to revive one RDX.

Gazzuz na whining be dis abi na joke?

Hahahahaha....no make me jappa o

Which one be Corolla money to repair RDX?

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by menstrualpad: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
This is mostly a summary of work don on the 2001 V8 sequoia

ABS, check engine, VSC and traction were lit up.

These were caused by the following.

ABS. Abs sensor front left. It was replaced.

Check engine. Misfire caused by faulty coil packs and dirty injectors, (pics below), coils were changed, injectors were replaced

Transmission temperature sensor. This sensor is located in the beginning of the pipe for transmission oil cooler. (pic below)

O2 sensor bank1 sensor1, O2 sensor Bank2sensor2.

Both sensors had open circuits in heater section, and we're replaced.

There was a new problem once the o2 sensors were working properly again, catalyst efficiency below threshold on bank2 came up, now the owner and I never envisaged such and issue and time and money was not on our side so I spaced the downstream O2 sensor, drove 60km and code dint come back.

Good
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by dicksonadams(m): 10:56am On Jan 20
GAZZUZZ:

Multibrand grin

I don't discriminate cool
civic 2008??

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.