Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets (46520 Views)

How Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Publicly Declared His Assets. / Buhari And Osinbajo Declare Their Assets / Two Nigeria Police Fighting (Video & Pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Benjoh(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2015
You just like decieving yourself on thisyour yeye Gej (the most corrupt President ever) that is even worse than Abacha. What is his investment in Nigeria that you Igbos are benefitting from not to talk of Nigerians that got employed by Tinubu investment. Oga abeg use those 6 up there well now.
barcanista:
Vice President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan-PDP
Jonathan publishes assets, worth N295m
From Madu Onuorah, Abuja
The Guardian Online
Thursday, August 9 2007.

VICE President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday succumbed to public demand that he release the details of the assets he declared before the Code of Conduct Bureau. In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, the Vice President put his total assets at N295, 304, 420.

On June 28, 2007, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua published details of his assets, which he put at N856.64 million.

Details of the assets, which Jonathan declared on May 30, 2007 before Justice Muktar N. Dodo of the Abuja High Court, show that the Vice President has no foreign account or assets.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President (Media and Communications), Mr. Ima Niboro, who released the details of the assets to journalists at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said in a press statement: "This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place, and the public mood must define our actions."

Niboro added: "To the Vice President, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication. There is nothing to hide, as you can very well see!"

A breakdown of the assets showed that the Vice President's private buildings are worth N67, 990,000. These include a four-bedroom duplex in Kpansia, Yenagoa, valued at N15 million, a four-flat storey extension of the family house in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, valued at N10 million and a four-flat storey building at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Council, which was bombed days before his inauguration as Vice President, valued at N18 million. There is also a five-bedroom personal residence in Gwarinpa, Abuja, worth N24.99 million.

Under the vehicles and household items, Jonathan declared a total assets of N41.8 million. They include a BMW car in Abuja valued at N15 million, generators, electronics, air conditioners, furniture, kitchen utensils and others in Kpansia, Yenagoa, Otuoke, and Gwarimpa costed at N26 million. The BMW was declared as a gift while the other items were said to be gift or procured from savings.

He also declared some vacant and undeveloped plots as worth N60.538 million. They include five undeveloped plots of land in Bayelsa State, two undeveloped plots of land in Cadastral Zone BO2 and AO6 in Abuja .

Jonathan listed N62, 072, 200 million as accruing from income yielding investments. This comprises investments in stocks managed by City-Code Trust and Investment Company Limited. He categorised them as 16 different stocks in Nigerian blue-chip companies.

The Vice President said that he has four 16-seater passengers' boats for hiring by companies and other agencies.

According to him, total cash in Nigerian banks (Bank PHB, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, UBA and others is N58.984 million. He stated that the total income includes personal savings and income from his investments, among them performing stocks and hiring of the boats.

Niboro said that the assets declared did not include those of Jonathan's wife, because "the wife of the Vice President is a public officer, being on the staff of the Bayelsa State Ministry of Education, Yenagoa."

"She could, on her own, being in service, declare her assets through laid-down procedures," he added.

Niboro added that Jonathan's children, being under the mandatory age of 18, do not own assets.

Noting the controversy that Jonathan's reluctance at releasing the assets had caused, Niboro said: "There is no question that the issue of the publication of the Vice President's assets declaration has been the source of vigorous debate in the mass media in the past week or so. There have been strong opinions on both sides of this emerging, if unnecessary, divide."

He added: "His Excellency, the Vice President, is a firm believer in the rule of law, and this has guided his conduct in public office through the years. It is this belief that also guided his position that having fulfilled the requirements of the law by declaring his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration."

The Vice President's aide regretted that "this position has generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray. To the Vice President, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication. There is nothing to hide, as you can very well see."

Jonathan's failure to release the details of his assets had generated a storm particularly because President Yar'Adua had set the standard by making his own public.

The public, which had lauded the President's action, had expressed concern that the moral high ground on which the government could proceed with its avowed anti-graft war would be undermined if the Vice President did not follow suit.

The Code of Conduct Act, which prescribes the declaration of assets for public officers, is silent on whether the document should be made public or not, therefore leaving it at the discretion of the affected persons.

Jonathan, had in the defence of his decision not to make the assets public, cited the bombing of his country home in Yenagoa shortly before he took office as a strong disincentive.

He also challenged key officials of the opposition party, the Action Congress (AC), which had been at the forefront of the campaign, to also make public their assets.

Jonathan particularly threw the challenge at the current Lagos State Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, his predecessor Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and AC's national spokesman, Lai Mohammed.

None of them is yet to accede to the request.

[url]nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11876.html[/url]
[url]nigeriapolitical.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/08/femi-aderupat-8.html[/url]
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by anonimi: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
who open ur cage? before u enter cage again, pls tell us d net worth of gej as of may 29,

Ask CCB after Buhari's declaration is made PUBIC.

Understood

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Burger01(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
He should Publicly declare his asset
Jonathan declared asset, yet he had no shoes. We were so scammed big timegrin
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nicepoker(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2015
soe:
Op is daft
what is this thing saying
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by MrChukwudiChuks(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2015
Land available for quick sale...
location of the land is at Ospa London Lekki, Lagos.
it is a standard full plot of land (120×60m) and it's located very close to the Lekki express way. The land has an 8bedroom duplex on it with a structural defect. it could be demolished or fix by professional engineers

Price: N47million last price.

On the Land is an already built 8bedroom duplex apartment but it has some structural defect which could be corrected by professional Engineers or it would be demolished and that's why I'm selling it as just the land. I am in charge of it's sales.

Title: Deed of Assignment

Benefits for purchasing this property includes:
● Quick access to the Lekki Expressway
● Quiet Environment
● perfect for a school, office or residential
● Few minutes drive to Beaches, Shop rite and Malls
● Tarred road and Drainage system.
● Not water Logged

If interested in this property, we could scheduled a meeting for viewing and inspection.

Call 08101736162
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by ShowYourCertificate: 8:21am On Jun 06, 2015
joseph1832:
Here you go my simple minded friend. www.news24.com.ng/Elections/News/Nigerian-Military-finds-Buharis-certificate-20150405 and please note that you've just shown that you're a Baboon!.
Read the link you provided again and notice that their source was:

http://www.theparadigmng.com/?p=30402

Now click on their source and read the content. You'll realise that it wasn't the military that said they've found Buhari's Certificate but rather one Sunday Akoji who's an APC member.

The Military has never come out to tell us they've found Buhari's Certificate. The only time they made any press statement concerning Buhari's Certificate was that they couldn't find it. Please let's stop peddling propaganda and rumours.

[size=25pt]BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by rabimlomo: 8:21am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
None of them told us to wait for Code of Conduct Bureau. Both men assets were published by their respective Media Aides. What stops "Mr integrity" Buhari from publishing details of his asset and those of Aisha?

AC/APC SpokesmanLai Mohammed.- July 2007 on Asset Declaration Call
“We will stick to the issues by renewing our call on His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, to toe the path of
honour by publishing the assets he has now declared seven times in line with the leadership shown by his boss, President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Those at the helm of the nation's affairs owe it a duty to the citizens who supposedly elected them, not only to be transparent, but also to be seen to be so. The leadership of the country has shown the way and it is only honourable not necessarily as a matter of law for members of his team to follow suit. It is therefore imperative, not even mandated
by law, for the VP to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.

www.expatnigeria.com/the-fuss-over-vps-asset-declaration/

Cc firefire anonimo mogidi dearpreye severussnape descartes

How you turn to start hating so much someone you so much admire and respect not so long ago keeps baffling me. undecided cry angry
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2015
Nicepoker:
what is this thing saying
ur fada is a thing. Do you know who u are talking to?

So you don't know that there are herbalists on nairaland?

Don't dare me
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nicepoker(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2015
soe:
ur fada is a thing. Do you know who u are talking to?

So you don't know that there are herbalists on nairaland?

Don't dare me
to a castrated male soe of cos. Herbalist? Is nairaland a shrine?
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 06, 2015
I don't hate anybody Sir!
rabimlomo:

How you turn to start hating so much someone you so much admire and respect not so long ago keeps baffling me. undecided cry angry
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 06, 2015
Nicepoker:
to a castrated male soe of cos. Herbalist? Is nairaland a shrine?
u want to find out abi?

Give me ur name and ur mothers name if u r sure she is the one that gave birth 2 u
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by hisclemency(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2015
How I wish yaradua lived longer

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ declared his asset as a VP not as a President.. We are not fools.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nicepoker(m): 8:38am On Jun 06, 2015
soe:
u want to find out abi?

Give me ur name and ur mothers name if u r sure she is the one that gave birth 2 u
figure out that urself. Thought u be herbalist consult ifa.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
@barcanista
The PIB has been passed, just saw the alert now.
we need to see the details o so that I know how to handle the flowlines from the oil wells... wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by ralph28(m): 8:38am On Jun 06, 2015
If one watch is valued at 10million out of over 50watches in their household.
Shoes will be valued at 50million a pair.
You,contine with the list...
What again will GMB declare that we can't deduce?
In the history of Nigeria politics non has been better than his predecessor.

Quote me wrong!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:

I'd expect that to be included in future, the senate abandoned the bill, just read it now. Only the HOR passed the PIB, its a long way yet.
I expect all niger deltans in the house to move against that clause and even cause unprecedented wahala should that clause be forced...

I swear I ready go creeks because of that clause... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2015
mistypiper:

He also challenged key officials of the opposition party, the Action Congress (AC), which had been at the forefront of the campaign, to also make public their assets.

Jonathan particularly threw the challenge at the current Lagos State Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, his predecessor Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and AC's national spokesman, Lai Mohammed.

None of them is yet to accede to the request.

These ones in bold can never declare, I fit bet my life..
sometimes I pity the people of lagos,especially the poor ones who think apc can really add any thing to them...the tax that would be sucked from them under ambode ehn they would wish they never voted for him...lagos state is on aa long slavery ride by tinibu and his minions...
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by temodent(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
I think facts should always be clearly checked out, without prejudice to all other posts having really not gone through them, I think the Chairman of NHRC, Mr Chidi Odikanlu is another public servant who had publicly declared his asset
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by bornmekus: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2015
Can Buhari do this?
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Seriallinks(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
Pres. Umaru Musa Yar'adua(The Pacesetter)-PDP
President's Public Assets Declaration: Yar'adua Worth N856m

Vanguard (Lagos)
NEWS
29 June 2007

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AfricansPolitics/conversations/messages/1512

barcanista:
Vice President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan-PDP
Jonathan publishes assets, worth N295m
From Madu Onuorah, Abuja
The Guardian Online
Thursday, August 9 2007.

VICE President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday succumbed to public demand that he release the details of the assets he declared before the Code of Conduct Bureau. In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, the Vice President put his total assets at N295, 304, 420.

On June 28, 2007, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua published details of his assets, which he put at N856.64 million.

barcanista:
None of them told us to wait for Code of Conduct Bureau. Both men assets were published by their respective Media Aides. What stops "Mr integrity" Buhari from publishing details of his asset and those of Aisha?

AC/APC SpokesmanLai Mohammed.- July 2007 on Asset Declaration Call
“We will stick to the issues by renewing our call on His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, to toe the path of honour by publishing the assets he has now declared seven times in line with the leadership shown by his boss, President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Those at the helm of the nation's affairs owe it a duty to the citizens who supposedly elected them, not only to be transparent, but also to be seen to be so. The leadership of the country has shown the way and it is only honourable not necessarily as a matter of law for members of his team to follow suit. It is therefore imperative, not even mandated by law, for the VP to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.

www.expatnigeria.com/the-fuss-over-vps-asset-declaration/

Cc firefire anonimo mogidi dearpreye severussnape descartes

Crap!

Did you even bother looking at the dates on those articles before posting this nonsense? Smh! They were sworn in on the 29th of May 2007 and it took Yar'Adua a month to declare his assets publicly while Jonathan who declared his through the CCB took over two months to release it to the media!

Buhari was sworn in barely 8 days ago and you are here spewing trash! Smh... Cluelessness is indeed contagious! grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by encryptjay(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Useless thread

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Keegan: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Lemon12:
your father is daft
You are a big f.ool like the op.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by rabimlomo: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
I don't hate anybody Sir!

Oh! You don't shocked So why is it so comfortable for you to abuse him so easily these days. shocked
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by darejem4real: 9:13am On Jun 06, 2015
Do what is right
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by phransix147(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ worth $ Billions now..
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by poseidon12: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Is my eye deceiving me,i can't see d second president, or is op high on weed again.

Article says two Nigerian leaders (not two Nigerian presidents). The vice president is also a Nigerian leader.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Ariel20:
GEJ declared his asset as a VP not as a President.. We are not fools.
Osinbajo should declare his publicly as a Vp,we are not fools

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by poseidon12: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2015
That's public declaration of assets right there, no ambiguity there, no gimmicks.
I hope Buhari's spokesman that was trying to redefine the meaning of public declaration takes note and advices the president to please declare his assets publicly in the true spirit of total transparency in governance and true fight against corruption.
Otherwise I would not take him serious on his promise to fight corruption.
I don't have any regard or respect for any leader that is hiding his assets.
It's interesting to note that Tinubu and Fashola didn't take Jonathan's challenge to declare their assets. Bunch of thieves.
Public assets declaration should be made mandatory if Nigerians are serious about fighting corruption (but I know we are not serious). We're just hypocrites.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Aufbauh(m): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2015
I think the essence of this asset declaration should be a relative comparison to when took to the stage and upon your exist. If GEJ can declare his asset now upon his exist then it could have make sense. This information to me is vague and lack merit. Maybe GEJ is worth over $2 billion we might not know. As for PMB I am Waiting for his public declaration upon his entry and exit from the government.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by habayommy: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
slimmy05:
The NCP governorship aspirant spoke at length about the bogus pension scheme for governors and deputy governor.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-i-ll-review-lagos-govs-deputies-severance-package-akele
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari should declare and end the whole noise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osibanjo Celebrates Nigerian School Girls That Came 1st In The World / Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers / Bola Tinubu's Letter To John Odigie-Oyegun! "You Are Sabotaging My Assignment"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.