Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (84777 Views)

Senate Makes U-turn On SGF, Magu / Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 9jatatafo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
Babymama1:

Will the law stop jungle justice
Valid question.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
all4naija:
Let me read it again to have better understanding. Thank you for telling me that.

I have answered your previous quote below...but thanks.

What alerted me that it was not a pedo joke was the fact that it was sponsored by Sen Anyanwu.

Who is well known as a human rights activist.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by MKO4ever(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
NARROW IS THE WAY!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Read the quote below.Did it say anything about changing consent from 18 to 11 years...?

That is from the article.....

And yes...they should extend the law to all under 18...not under 11.

Simples.
That is what I asked for because there is nothing that says the law applies to 18 and below in the original post.

The person reading wrong meaning to this wrong bill must present the original bill or shut the f**k up. The buffoons in the national congress are destroying the future of that nation. What a dangerous bill indeed!
angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by favourelisha(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Useless muslims religion but it will not and never work in this country,if they like let them give out their daughter in marriage @ 11yrs. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
It should be made uniform.
Besides the distinction makes it seem like it is worse to molest an under 11 yr old than it is to do same toa 14yr old.
All are the same IMO.

See the negative sentiments na. Once marine hears 11, their first reaction is what about the other kids?

For me I think life imprisonment for all such offenses is the best. No unnecessary distinctions.

Meanwhile kudos to them for trying small but they need to try more.

Besides they didn't state it clearly in that post. Don't blame those reacting that way.

They need to be clear what they meant .
bushdoc9919:

READ THE ARTICLE.....

The law about underage molestation HAS NOT CHANGED...IT IS STILL ILLEGAL TO MOLEST AN UNDER 18 YEAR OLD.

What the law says is that if the underaged child is below 11 years old....the punishment becomes tougher!

And it was Sen Anyanwu of Imo who formulated the law....

Reread the article...it is not that hard!
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Abeg are you related to Hon Patrick Obiagbon?

Cos this ur vocab na gbaski

Still vibrating tho
soe:
trust me, when i meet an elder who is sane...i ll give my respext.

Not to some inconsequential nonentity whose age does not assist his moot brain .
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 1stola: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Still looking for where I called any religion
Stop saying what u don't know
I never mentioned any religion
Y u tink say na dem, wad abt oda religions
Fvck off ma mention
Okay.
The thunder that will soon fire you is still drinking kunu in Daura.
You can not hide even if you change your moniker...
If you continue this way, you will soon be history.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by donsteady(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
I Don Steady strongly condem this bill with the strongest possible teams. I am going to protest
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dzany(m): 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
pandriod:

Is Sen. Anyanwu a northerner? you pathetic scums.

The voice of Jacob, the hand of Esu ...... .
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
So i can f*** a 11years old
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
sniper77:

I read the article and fully understood its content.

Some people ain't bothered about age of consent. Their libido dictates the pace.The bill though passed will not be applicable nationwide.

Welcome to Nigeria (sigh).

In the Soviet Union.....underaged marriages and polygamy were common in the Chechnya region of Russia up to the 1960's. The Soviet Authorites did not interfere....knowing that they would provoke unrest if they did...so they just kept up the education with the hope that attitudes would change.(They did....but nowadays, reversing).
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
noblezone:

Stop shouting.
Majority of them are Islamists .
Islam permits them to marry children.

And when I say we don't belong to the same country, they call me names.

. The reason they still call this one country I will never know. Maybe because Lugard said so. Since we blacks don't have a word of our own. Those party leaders whose daughters and granddaughters are abroad will not be oenetrated at 11, so why won't they sign pass it?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I have answered your previous quote below...but thanks.

What alerted me that it was not a pedo joke was the fact that it was sponsored by Sen Anyanwu.

Who is well known as a human rights activist.
That is not an excuse. They should present 18 years figure in the bill not just 11 for us to be certain of what they are saying is the correct thing. These clowns in the congress can be very deceitful and dubious in nature - all in the name of satisfying their own greedy o r g i e s.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by AfroBlue(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
thread title tricked the readers, the new law punishes offenders with life imprisonment for abusing children 11 and under. It doesn't mention the statute and punishment for going near girls 11 to 18 yrs of age or whatever the age of legal consent is in the federal republic. can a NL lawyer find the page of the law?

Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by BobUg28(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is not a welcomed development.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sodom loading...If na true God go punish them.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by jackyraw09: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
idgaf weda nah new law or stale law. . if i catch any guy 'loitering' around ma 13yrs

sister under the guise of shebi na 11yrs be legal age, him go hear am i swear.

and as for ma sister, i go beat iranu and abasha commot for her head.

last bullet: na power hungry mumu ppl and pedos full our national assembly. angry
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

In the Soviet Union.....underaged marriages and polygamy were common in the Chechnya region of Russia up to the 1960's. The Soviet Authorites did not interfere....knowing that they would provoke unrest if they did...so they just kept up the education with the hope that attitudes would change.(They did....but nowadays, reversing).
Are you kidding me? What has what happened in Chechnya got to do with the Nigerian law. Russia was not even a democratic nation then and I don't seem to understand your views on this issue. Are you in support of molesting people of 18 and below with less punishment or not? Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
AreaFada2:
. The reason they still call this one country I will never know. Maybe because Lugard said so. Since we blacks don't have a word of our own. Those party leaders whose daughters and granddaughters are abroad will not be oenetrated at 11, so why won't they sign pass it?

The law does not reduce the legal age of consent to 11 years.

What the law says is that if one molest a child 11 years old and under...the punishment for him/her would be much tougher.

The age of consent is still 18....one still get punished if you molest a child under 18....but it gets tougher for one if the underaged child is 11 years and under.

And the law was formulated and passed by a Southern Christian....Sen Chris Anyanwu.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by PastorOla1: 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Men & women whose senses are nonsense. What a parting gift to the nation. May God pay them back accordingly May their daughters & grand daughters, become victims of this law, IJN.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
Any tribe, religeon or political party that condoles this cradle robbed should be hanged, where is my beloved country headed to?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
all4naija:

Are you kidding me? What has what happened in Chechnya got to do with the Nigerian law. Russian was not even a democratic nation then and I don't seem to understand your views on this issue. Are you in support of molesting people of 18 and below with less punishment or not? Jeez!

Naah....for me age of consent should be 21 grin

I just used Chechnya as an example of the problem one has...where someone puts a law in place...but an entire people decide to disobey it.

Education might help change attitudes....which was the major point of my thrust.(Educated ladies in the far North generally delay their age of s..xul debut.).

Humanity is.........overrated.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by pafpatmo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
But this Senate was presided over by a Christian president and a Christian vice. P shame mark and his bio vp for supporting this. Hope they'll be ready to see their 11yr Olds sexed.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The law does not reduce the legal age of consent to 11 years.

What the law says is that if one molest a child 11 years old and under...the punishment for him/her would be much tougher.

The age of consent is still 18....one still get punished if you molest a child under 18....but it gets tougher for one if the underaged child is 11 years and under.

And the law was formulated and passed by a Southern Christian....Sen Chris Anyanwu.
That law does not properly address the problem. It turns a blind eye on what those crooks in the congress can do and go away with it. It should apply to 18 years with the same stringent punishment as for those for 11-year offenders because 18 years and above are recognized in democratic nations as adult age. These men have other ulterior motives.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by hijodedios: 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
11 years,are they kidding does this people know what they are doing at all,anyways i just pray that all their doughters start having sex at the age of 11 so they could have a taste of their own medicine,Amen.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by crystalk20: 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
Loads of cash to be won on fixed matches, get your sure 100% fixed game by contacting our agents on 08161329808 to get subscribed and get winning

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Sir...the law is simple.

It says in essence that molesting an underage child(i.e 18 and under) is still illegal...and if the underage child is under 11...the punishment becomes more tougher.

And the law was designed by Sen Chris Anyanwu....who fought for human rights before she became a senator.

Reread the article.
Makes no difference, serious countries mostly have 15 as a minimum and I don't believe that an 11 years old Nigerian female kid is both mentally and physically more mature than British or Swedish ones. This is middle eastern template for Arewa people. Using Anyanwu is a mere decoy. Whatever she was before, she's now a NIGERIAN politician. And they care about themselves for the most part.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Naah....for me age of consent should be 21 grin

I just used Chechnya as an example of the problem one has...where someone puts a law in place...but an entire people decide to disobey it.

Education might help change attitudes....which was the major point of my thrust.(Educated ladies in the far North generally delay their age of s..xul debut.).

Humanity is.........overrated.
This is not about academic (education) per se. This is about law which education is not going to change if those passing the law are educated themselves. We can not wait for everybody to be educated before we know that this law is very wrong! It is annoying to say the least. These blockheads in the congress must be warned for taking the poeple rights for granted all the time. What nonsense law is this?!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by repogirl(f): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
I pray their children begin having sex at eleven years, foolish people.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by sniper77(m): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Bros i agree.In Chechnya its still happening. One of Putin's buddy who is a top dog still performed a marriage right of by force by fire recently.

I do not support crime in any form and am always shocked to see a man jailed for six months for stealing tubers of yam while a corrupt government official refunds part of the funds and walks freely on the street.

Well stealing is not corruption and the penalties differs for both.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by tiwo31: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
What a nation of slaves. How can they do this without any consultation with the people. This is nigeria's interpretation of democracy, where you have a silent populace. And no one is opposing this.

Where is the outrage? Where are the mass protests?

A nation of pedophiles. Disgraceful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today / Photo: Inec Staff That Were Killed Today In Dukku Lga Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.