Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (84746 Views)

Senate Makes U-turn On SGF, Magu / Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by datcrazynurze: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
So who is a child if an 11 year old can have sex?

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Korrection:
nobody go fit try am with my daughter at 11...the person dey mad?

The person is protected by the Nigerian constitution...
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
We n these people should not belong to the same country. I feel like puking...Yuk.

They could even make it 16.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by ozoebuka1(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
coldsummer:
God will so punish these people. These are a few of the major people hindering progress in this country. So they will allow their 11 year old kids to be f....d.

wicked and foolish old things without brains
I heard that this type. of shit is. what's making biafrans wanna leave naija.. because God. has. turned his. back on the. country thats filled with paedophiles... is that true?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
soe:
u r so useless...how dare you
Are you ok?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Vismat(f): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
End time

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:

your stupidity know no bound as it stinks to the high heavens . U are a compound fool!
Is he wrong? Please educate us. This rubbish act is prominent in the north.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

have you ever wondered why you frequently insult Islam/Muslims and no Muslim retaliates by insulting your religion Christianity?

It's because in Islam, we are not taught to insult people's religion, AND i dont think it is any where written in the Bible that Christians should insult other people's faith.

I DON'T think you were ever taught to insult people's religion since you've been going to Church.

You really need to grow up and stop behaving like a kid.

GROW UP for your own good.

Insulting Islam/Muslims won't do you any good in the hereafter.

Genuine question, is this kind of act acceptable in Islam?

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by okwandu: 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
the ideal age should be 18yrs. more things falling apart. Reducing moral standard is the objective of such bills.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Apparently, reading and comprehending are not your strong points.
Please revisit the article again and note the name of the sponsor of the bill, i.e. the one being thanked by David Mark.

Well, in case you missed it, let me assist you a little more by pasting the relevant portion here:

“I want to particularly thank and congratulate Sen. Chris Anyanwu, the sponsor of the Bill for the passage for initiating the process of this amendment,’’ Mark said.

Senator Chris Anyanwu - clearly representing your own side of the divide, now feel free to spew your bigotry (against your own).
The biggest influence is from the northern side of Nigeria, make no mistake about this. The question is whether this is acceptable in Islam?

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
For those who can visit the page, the file below is part of what the sexual offenses bill entails.

NB: This is not originally from the national congress website.

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by OXCUBA: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
THIS ... IS BEGINNING OF SAHARIA LAW ..... I HOPE SOMEONE WILL SHOUT ... #change # sai baba

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
11 years don mature

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sayav(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nigeria must reap what she have sown....our so-called Ex -President GEJ wouldn't have allowed such demonic act, but because Nigeria was blinded, Nigeria must face the change whether it be good or bad. this is just the beginning of the story....may God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Why did the Christian senators NOT adjust the 11 years to 16 years? Are they telling me all the senators are Muslims?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Please, the OP should change the title of the thread and the body of the post because it is misleading. The mod should, please, amend the thread for better understanding of the bill.

The link to the bill is below(if actually is what it entails.):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267639198/Nigeria-Sexual-Offences-Bill-2013#scribd

3 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Bunch of pedos

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by AfroBlue(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
all4naija:
Please, the OP should change the title of the thread and the body of the post because it is misleading. The mod should, please, amend the thread for better understanding of the bill.

The link to the bill is below(if actually is what it entails.):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267639198/Nigeria-Sexual-Offences-Bill-2013#scribd

the op may have done it on purpose to ensnare the mumu readers and incite bigotry.
grand scale mischief making!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
1stola:

Just ignore that biafran pig (OREMUSSANCTUS)
He thinks because it is Internet, he can spill any trash from his miserable mouth...
We are watching...
His days are numbered...
You will kill him? wink lipsrsealed Days are number indeed.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
all4naija:
Nigeria is gradually changing into a Sharia state! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
seriously I am angry

3 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by molas02: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
i must comment on dis, though i dt need to kill my self bcus of stupid Jihadist sponsor dis so called madness, wen i say allah is Nt God, som of this goat call me names, God is nt wicked as dis...11yrs?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by grabs(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
That law should be for the North only. Bring it to my village and you won't see your way out.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
1stola:

Indeed!
You didn't?
What or who are the "Muhammadians"?
There are certain things in life you should always avoid to ridicule or make jokes about in this life. For example,
WOMEN AND RELIGION.
Most of the wars happening around the world today is caused by religion intolerances. Muslims are believed and known to have strong faith and do almost ANYTHING to protect and fight for their religion. You need to be careful.
Imagine if Christians are like that huh, doing anything to protect their faith. You are not looking at it from a christian perspective, but we don't matter because we are not violent by faith. The guy is clearly angry because the law was passed against his morals. How will you feel if laws were passed against your morals/religion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Owliver(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
Muhamad must be smiling from hell right now... Change is here

3 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Meti99(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
I think this is about the best bill passed so far by our distinguished nigerians.
ibeg carry go
God dey heaven...
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

READ THE ARTICLE.....

The law about underage molestation HAS NOT CHANGED...IT IS STILL ILLEGAL TO MOLEST AN UNDER 18 YEAR OLD.

What the law says is that if the underaged child is below 11 years old....the punishment becomes tougher!

And it was Sen Anyanwu of Imo who formulated the law....

Reread the article...it is not that hard!
Yes it is illegal to molest under 18 child, but perfectly legal to have consented sexual with 11 years old child? They are both wrong.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Meti99(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
I think this is about the best bill passed so far by our distinguished nigerians.
ibeg carry go
God dey heaven.....
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Moana(f): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:
What the hell!!! angry angry
Pls make it 15, 11 is just too low..
they want to pluck 12year olds and get away with it na grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by BlackPencil: 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

You will kill him? wink lipsrsealed Days are number indeed.
Don't mind the muslim fanatic, he will probably find him and stab him to death.His days are numbered indeed!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Meti99(m): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
ibeg carry go
God dey heaven........
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Billy23(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
Zoharariel:
Phantamagoriously eyeing my neighbour's 13year old daughter from Anambra.

Na joke I dey ooooo. grin
Na lie oo.. I dey suspect you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Rather than make ignorant remarks,inquiring minds should search age of consent in historical context.Throughout history across cultures this has generally been puberty ie around 12.This was the case across Christian,Jewish Muslim and European cultures. In The US and UK it was 10- 12 years until the last century
We must not forget that until quite recently in most countries very few people lied to the age of 40 and so the imperatives to reproduce early were strong everywhere.
To characterize this as a Muslim phenomenon is not only wrong but ignorant. Do not take my word for it make an effort and do some work

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.