Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (84737 Views)

Senate Makes U-turn On SGF, Magu / Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by esscence00: 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
myklangelo:
I read it like, pedophiles make 11 years the legal age for sex!
Our Northern moslem senators una strong o

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
another slowpoke on the loose. check who sponsored the bill.. undecided
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by khadupsie(f): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=metronaija post=34425805][/quote]

The Senate on Wednesday passed the Sexual Offences Bill, 2015 which prescribes life imprisonment for rapists and those who have sexual intercourse with children under 11 years. Rapists and those who sexually abuse children would bag life imprisonment while other sexual offenders would also be sentenced to serve various prison terms.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ibsgal:
Do you people actually read any news on your own, or do you wait for sensationalists to feed you it to you on NL?

The Senate on Wednesday passed the Sexual Offences Bill, 2015 which prescribes life imprisonment for rapists and those who have sexual intercourse with children under 11 years. Rapists and those who sexually abuse children would bag life imprisonment while other sexual offenders would also be sentenced to serve various prison terms.

Other sexual offenders will be criminalized, but should you decide to sexually assault a child 11 years and under, your fate is sealed by the bill. It doesn't mean that the legal age of consent is 11, and it doesn't mean that pervs who assault individuals who are above 11 will not be criminalized. I will admit that the bill creates several loopholes, but the title of this thread is very misleading.
This is should be a watertight law, which it isn't hence the problem. Don't know what you are trying to defend.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by remirez07(m): 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=metronaija post=34425805][/quote] some 11yrs old girls now α days are even bigger that 18-20yrs old girls in stature. If you รee weting dem dey collect you self go pray make God quick come. May God help us. Abeg, my Able nonsense senators. What abouT the 24/7 power bill and #1=$1 bill. I dey halt.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by notoriousbabe: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:
What the hell!!! angry angry
Pls make it 15, 11 is just too low..
abeg if najoke make you stop am o,I don dey eye some boys in my hood,I must disvirg^n dem
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Atk1nson(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Sowie boi How old re u ? Learn to talk to elders wif respect
elders don't talk you do, more so, respect is earned
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nitori olorun, warris all dis?

So @ 11 now, men can screw dem legally?

Did the senate check their mental capability or dem no no say cases go full court now with "she willingly aggreed"
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Moana(f): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
Let their daughters and granddaughters start getting plucked at 12 and we will see if they still see it as a good idea to pass a bill like that grin
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
Rather than make ignorant remarks,inquiring minds should search age of consent in historical context.Throughout history across cultures this has generally been puberty ie around 12.This was the case across Christian,Jewish Muslim and European cultures. In The US and UK it was 10- 12 years until the last century
We must not forget that until quite recently in most countries very few people lied to the age of 40 and so the imperatives to reproduce early were strong everywhere.
To characterize this as a Muslim phenomenon is not only wrong but ignorant. Do not take my word for it make an effort and do some work
So does it make it right because the past generation does it? Do you know the amount of children that must have been hurt sexually and emotionally?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by xcolanto(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
I am actually not surprised at this law! When you have the people from Niger presenting the dura man with underage girls at about the age of 11 to welcome him, this is obviously what follows after his visit from the jihadist and militia clans men.

The senate taking a clue from their master (bombhari) and the prophet (Mohammed).
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Moana(f): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Edsleek:
Nitori olorun, warris all dis?

So @ 11 now, men can screw dem legally?

Did the senate check their mental capability or dem no no say cases go full court now with "she willingly aggreed"
of course they didnt , they just tasted 12year old Toto and decided it was good to go. You think they are worried about a 12year olds capacity to reason and be held liable? cheesy
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
orble:

Are u telling Christians to support your immoral tendencies?
I am at a loss here. i understand.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by sunsewa: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Addonbiliviti but if it's really true, may God punish those senators that accented to this bill,it shall never be well with them.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Moana(f): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
favourelisha:
Useless muslims religion but it will not and never work in this country,if they like let them give out their daughter in marriage @ 11yrs. Nonsense!!!
they want others to give away their 12year old daughters to them, the plan is not to subject their own child to that bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Icon4s(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Sowie boi
How old re u
?
Learn to talk to elders wif respect

Oremus again? shocked

Na this ur name no let us watch naija match this morning. If u like show ur face on Sunday morning for our next game. angry
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by ajakaboy1: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
DDoubleUps:
Sex with an 11year old? that is an abomination and paedophile... so of all the problem facing the nation, this is what they deemed the most appropriate to do? Gmb we dey look and we go see, make una no think say we no go see... nawaooo!!!
No be your ibo sister, Chris Anyawu sponsor the bill? Wetin you de talk? Wetin concern GMB here? E no be ibo man, e no be senator. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Is he wrong? Please educate us. This rubbish act is prominent in the north.

Though the prophet married Aisha at a young age but they didn't consummate their love until she was fully matured and not as a minor.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 1stola: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:
You will kill him? wink lipsrsealed Days are number indeed.
You better just shut da fùck off!
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 1stola: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Imagine if Christians are like that huh, doing anything to protect their faith. You are not looking at it from a christian perspective, but we don't matter because we are not violent by faith. The guy is clearly angry because the law was passed against his morals. How will you feel if laws were passed against your morals/religion
What are you saying?
What silly morals?
Moral that made him criticise other people's religion?
Who made the laws?
Was it just Christians or Muslims?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by bukster(f): 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
When I first saw the title of the thread I was horrified and extremely angry but after reading the posts in this thread it seems that law was created to impose further sanctions of people who rape minors and it doesn't actually lower the age of consent It is a welcome development but the law should definitely apply to children over the age of 11. It is appalling that although we are in the 21st century we still are not able to create laws to protect innocent children from pedophiles.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Mintayo(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
The end is near, sign of the end time!
Actually, its the children of the poor that are usually the victims!
And mostly our brother up north...another way to overpopulate and claim the fastest growing lies!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by ahaz: 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
coldsummer:
God will so punish these people. These are a few of the major people hindering progress in this country. So they will allow their 11 year old kids to be f....d.

wicked and foolish old things without brains
I guess this idiots re more clueless than I thought. So in d name of satisfying this gambaris they passed such a useless bill. Well let the bill remain in d federal cos any bastatd that does that with my siblings will join muha mad in hell trust me
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by nonaira: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
I just threw up in my mouth.

11 years old? 11 years old. 11 years old.

God will punish all those pedophiles in Nigeria Senate. Disgusting old grandpapas

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by OboloMAN: 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
soe:
trust me, when i meet an elder who is sane...i ll give my respext.

Not to some inconsequential nonentity whose age does not assist his moot brain .

Sure we don't belong to the same country

That bill with 11 years can't be tolerated in the south.

Nigeria is a Fraud.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by ajakaboy1: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
xcolanto:
I am actually not surprised at this law! When you have the people from Niger presenting the dura man with underage girls at about the age of 11 to welcome him, this is obviously what follows after his visit from the jihadist and militia clans men.

The senate taking a clue from their master (bombhari) and the prophet (Mohammed).
Very nonsensical. The sponsor of the bill is an ibo of APGA party and a christian. The present senate is PDP nominated with David Mark, a christian and a PDP member, an unrepentant one for that matter. Can you see how stupid and clueless you are like your former Oga Jona?

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by An2elect2(f): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
What!!!! shocked 11 or 21
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by gwmlogistic: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
Its a shame most people cannot tell the difference between the executive arm and legislative arm of govt. Ranting about buhari. What did y'all learn in secondary school.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by engrjacuzzi: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
where are we heading to?
this isn't the change we preached or wanted. at 11years of age, such a girl will be in jss1 or jss2 which means she can start eyeing her male teachers. I know in the northern part, girls of that age put to birth or are married.
I strongly kick against this child molestation.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by nonaira: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
The bleeped up, f2ked up thing about it all is that those ridiculous pervert ass senators have just put Nigerian youths in danger. Do they not realize that pedophiles WORLDWIDE love traveling to nations that will allow them to do their perverted, disgusting, m0ronic lust for children without persecution by the government. The fools have just endangered 11 years old and up children just because of their own perverted lust. SMFH. I expect Nigeria would soon start having a problem with pedophiles "vacationing" in that country in the upcoming years. We already have problems with nasty ass "uncles and fathers" molesting and sexual harassing their own family members in Nigeria, now this illiterates just gave leeway for oyinbo to come in and join in. mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. When is that country going to divide already. I don tire for backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by ifypedro38(m): 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
Is this part of the change that was promised Nigerians?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.