Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. (3663 Views)

If I Stop Talking, Nigerians Will Suffer – Fayose Boasts / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by mikron(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
grin

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by INTROVERT(f): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
We call it "African Mentality...

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Black man will always behave black

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by hangzhouro(m): 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
somwhere in lag, a policeman gives his rifle to a chinese man to take a pic...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Ymodulus: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Black man will always behave black
And its so annoying
hangzhouro:
Are you the chinese? your username sounds like one

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by ribido(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
That is africans for you
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Rawani: 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
There's actually a sociological explanantion to this difference in behaviour across cultures, we are on two extremes of the power distance dimension. You will find that the Chinese who are closer to us on the dimension, also have these manifestations of inequality.

Read more http://study.com/academy/lesson/hofstedes-power-distance-definition-examples-quiz.html
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by hahn(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
The tendency for Africans to claim respect even when they don't deserve it
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by midolian(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
hangzhouro:
looL...the blackman is indeed, cursed
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by DuchessLily(f): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
Serious African mentality

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Lilyomi(f): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
Africa! Hm?mm
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by GoldStandard: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
COMPLEX... Smh. The pic of the chinese with a rifle is even more annoying
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
black man dark civilisation !
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ymodulus:

And its so annoying Are you the chinese? your username sounds like one
am sure you are a physics freak. young modulus is d name of a scientist nd i think it also plays a part in elasticity.
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Ymodulus: 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
iscoli:

am sure you are a physics freak. young modulus is d name of a scientist nd i think it also plays a part in elasticity.
You right.
grin grin grin

@ SonOfLucifer how you?
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by hero10(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
Rawani:
There's actually a sociological explanantion to this difference in behaviour across cultures, we are on two extremes of the power distance dimension. You will find that the Chinese who are closer to us on the dimension, also have these manifestations of inequality.

Read more http://study.com/academy/lesson/hofstedes-power-distance-definition-examples-quiz.html

are u a sociologist?
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by 3ace(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Yesterday, I walked out of the security door of a sterling bank branch and was immediately protected with an umbrella by a security guard because the rain was still drizzling. Apparently, I was corporately and neatly dressed so he felt he could get some few naira from me. Oga, u dey go your car?...he enquired. Nooo..I no bring my car today..I replied. How I go tell am say big boy like me no get car(na big time falling of hand as he had already assumed that a well dressed gentleman like me must have come with a car). I walked away and he was still walking with me holding the umbrella for some few metres before he retraced his steps. The point here is that as indicated by the picture above, people in this neck of the wood do this for favour, tip and unnecessary utter respect for a bigwig. Maybe the major factor for this act is poverty. I'm not sure but just maybe.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Rawani: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
hero10:

are u a sociologist?

I did a bit of cross-cultural study. Why?
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
3ace:
Yesterday, I walked out of the security door of a sterling bank branch and was immediately protected with an umbrella by a security guard because the rain was still drizzling. Apparently, I was corporately and neatly dressed so he felt he could get some few naira from me. Oga, u dey go your car?...he enquired. Nooo..I no bring my car today..I replied. How I go tell am say big boy like me no get car(na big time falling of hand as he had already assumed that a well dressed gentleman like me must have come with a car). I walked away and he was still walking with me holding the umbrella for some few metres before he retraced his steps. The point here is that as indicated by the picture above, people in this neck of the wood do this for favour, tip and unnecessary utter respect for a bigwig. Maybe the major factor for this act is poverty. I'm not sure but just maybe.
Are u an Economist?
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by 3ace(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lemon12:
Are u an Economist?
Hahahaha..lol, no mind those security jare. If u no take time and u dey enter banks frequently, u go nearly spend all ya savings say because u wan impress. Dia eyes too dey shine for money too much joor.
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by musicwriter(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Elitism is a product of western education. It's an obscured disease killing Africa. I explained part it on my signature.
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by hero10(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Rawani:

I did a bit of cross-cultural study. Why?
it because of the way u analyze the issue
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by sammyj: 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
cheesy shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by agriboom: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
And this

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by omenka(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
midolian:
looL...the blackman is indeed, cursed
I beg to differ. The blackman isn't cursed. I'm certainly not. Some are, just as some white.

@op: it is very unfortunate honestly. The same reason I was mad on sighting a pic of Ambode visiting some spot in Lagos with a security officer holding an umbrella for him while both of his hands were free. I queried: did he (Ambode) complain his hands hurt?? Why isn't he holding the umbrella himself

This behaviour is exhibited in so many forms and make most of these politicians feel like little gods in our midst.

We really need a drastic change in orientation.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Zellie: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
The chinese with the rifle, that's just sad sad
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by steppin: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Africans get "big man" mentality too much. Others see it as foolishness.
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Holywizard: 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
that Hausa id1ot dat gave dat chinese d1ck his gun to snap shud be locked up immediately
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by sheymoni(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
African leaders always feel like they are superior to other people
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by francizy(m): 6:35am On Jun 05, 2015
omenka:
I beg to differ. The blackman isn't cursed. I'm certainly not. Some are, just as some white.

@op: it is very unfortunate honestly. The same reason I was mad on sighting a pic of Ambode visiting some spot in Lagos with a security officer holding an umbrella for him while both of his hands were free. I queried: did he (Ambode) complain his hands hurt?? Why isn't he holding the umbrella himself

This behaviour is exhibited in so many forms and make most of these politicians feel like little gods in our midst.

We really need a drastic change in orientation.

Hmmm! Is this really Omenka or someone else?

Someone please wake me up when the real Omenka posts. grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: See Why We Will Always Suffer In Africa. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Africa, Africans! cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onyeka Kneeling To Greet Buhari. / Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / Edwin Clark: Your Problem Is Only Beginning, By The Time We IPOB Finish With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.