Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera (1531 Views)

The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Wireless Car Scanner @ N15k Per Unit / Best Car To Buy With N1.5million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by alezzy13: 7:38am On Jun 05, 2015
Hi Guys,

Please I'm thinking of getting a good affordable scanner for my car - a nissan primera p11-144 (1999 model), and I'll appreciate suggestions on the best one to procure.

But just to briefly explain the problem: up on till recently my baby had been performing beautifully, but few months ago it started jerking while on top speed. Switching off and on the engine momentarily improves it, but then the jerking starts again. Sometimes so bad that it refuses to accelerate beyond 1000rpm. Usually there's no problem while driving within town, though I noticed acceleration is a bit sluggish.

I took a mechanic who after scanning said it was the fuel pump. which he changed. No improvement. later said it was the filter, changed but still no improvement. Another one siad it was the nozzles which he cleaned - it didn't improve.

I then took to another (his scanner had a large fanciful touchscreen and looked quite sophisticated, so i assumed it would give the correct diagnosis) and he said it was the air flow meter and possibly the catalyst. I changed the airflow meter, worked for just a while then went back to the problem.

I should add that I usually have to pay separately for the scanning during each visit. That of the touchscreen cost almost 7k! embarassed cry

But what I noticed was that they are reluctant to tell you the actual code, insisting they will repair it. So I think the best thing is to get one myself, get the actual error codes and seek the best remedy. Hence my appeal.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2015
You may give me a call if you're in Lagos. 08023018285.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by alezzy13: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2015
Costee:
You may give me a call if you're in Lagos. 08023018285.

Thanks Costee, but I'm in Abuja.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by alezzy13: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
HEEEEEELLLLLP SOMEBODYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
alezzy13:

Thanks Costee, but I'm in Abuja.
Ok, I suggest you go for Autel Maxiscan 609. It's 17k on Konga. It will enable you to scan not only for engine codes, but ABS as well. For the Primera the transmission module is part of the ecm, so you have a bonus as you'll also be able to have transmission codes.
You still could get in touch with me though, to share ideas.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by honmusa(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
alezzy13:
Hi Guys,

Please I'm thinking of getting a good affordable scanner for my car - a nissan primera p11-144 (1999 model), and I'll appreciate suggestions on the best one to procure.

But just to briefly explain the problem: up on till recently my baby had been performing beautifully, but few months ago it started jerking while on top speed. Switching off and on the engine momentarily improves it, but then the jerking starts again. Sometimes so bad that it refuses to accelerate beyond 1000rpm. Usually there's no problem while driving within town, though I noticed acceleration is a bit sluggish.

I took a mechanic who after scanning said it was the fuel pump. which he changed. No improvement. later said it was the filter, changed but still no improvement. Another one siad it was the nozzles which he cleaned - it didn't improve.

I then took to another (his scanner had a large fanciful touchscreen and looked quite sophisticated, so i assumed it would give the correct diagnosis) and he said it was the air flow meter and possibly the catalyst. I changed the airflow meter, worked for just a while then went back to the problem.

I should add that I usually have to pay separately for the scanning during each visit. That of the touchscreen cost almost 7k! embarassed cry

But what I noticed was that they are reluctant to tell you the actual code, insisting they will repair it. So I think the best thing is to get one myself, get the actual error codes and seek the best remedy. Hence my appeal.
The best nissan scanner is definitely the almighty Nissan oem scanner,"Consult 2 "" it will scan everything on your nissan primera but is pricey 100k.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
honmusa:

The best nissan scanner is definitely the almighty Nissan oem scanner,"Consult 2 "" it will scan everything on your nissan primera but is pricey 100k.
Lol. If you saw Consult2 for 100k it's either fake or 'badly' used. At any rate, Consult3 has taken over.
Re: Best Car Scanner For Nissan Primera by plendil: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
alezzy13:
Hi Guys,

This guy funny o! You scanned for a whooping 7k and don't even know the codes? NA wa OOO shocked Sorry dont mean to sound insensitive, but e be like say ego boku well, well. grin Firstly, scanning should not cost more than 3k for that model of car. Secondly, you should INSIST on knowing the codes yourself. You're obviously educated, so with the power of the internet, you can google know the possible issues.

I drive the same primera as well, I won't be surprised if the issue is related to the MAF as the Primera is notorious for that, and error code is usually p100. It may not be the MAF sensor itself, it could be the wiring, contact ports, etc. Mechanics are alway in a hurry to change the sensor.

Lastly I don't see any big deal regarding choice of scanner. The car is OBD II complaint, so any universal scanner will give the most generic codes for non-professional use. They usually cost no nore than 10-15k. available on Konga or Jumia. What on earth will a lay man be doing with consult 2/3??

(1) (Reply)

2016 Atlanta Auto Show / I Need To Find Out About 2005 Toyota Corolla Fuel Consumption / A Good Rewire Contact Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.