Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. (90463 Views)

All About Hair, Weaves, Styles Etc(photos) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol / Kirkland Signature Hair Skin And Nails With 5000 Mcg Biotin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2015
mrscarryquin:
Pls can u recommend a lightening soap and cream dat doesn't damage the skin. Thanks

These are lightening ingredients: hydroquinone, kojic acid, licorice, mulberry extract, lemon.
Although, glycolic acid and lactic acid are exfoliates, they give you a glow.
Pick any product with these ingredients or a combination of them from a well established brand.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by sugarcoatted(f): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Please, how effective is neutrogena oil-free acne wash (they also wrote pink grapefruit foaming scrub on it)
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ARareGem(f): 10:39am On Jun 24, 2015
jeomegso:

I am a big fan of naturals. I think shea butter and black soap is great for chocolate skin. If you also want natural sun protection, carrot seed oil has an spf of about 30. In other words, whip your shea butter with little coconut n carrot oil.
Ok... Just started on Dudu Osun. Noticed the good effect on my skin, but the smell...

Yet to get shea butter. Will shea butter help to even skin tone? If it won't, what cream could I use with shea butter? Pro-natural inclined.

I read shea butter has a smell, so I'm thinking of mixing it with my Jergens? Is that okay? Do you suggest different?

Coconut and carrot oil? Could you recommend a brand?

Thanks for responding to each of these plenty kweshions.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
jeomegso:

Use an AHA lotion.

please recommend good brands of lotions that contain aha

i also need advise on skin care products, am just tired of using different products and plan on using palmers cocoa butter (solid formula in jar)
on both my face and body and black soap ,i really am tired and fed up i react easily to products and of recent have developed late allergy such as itch skin during rainy season or when i go close to grass but thank God no spots.Am presently using vaseline total moisture with pure sheabutter.does this sheabutter even work sef?

my face just from no where developed rashes all over,WHICH IS PERSISTENT AND HAS REFUSED TO GO i even had to add dettol liquid to my black soap mixture.i mIght also be reacting to one ROSE CREAM MADE FROM LEBANON

please what do u advise? i really just want a simple regime for a glowy skin thats y am considering palmers cocoa butter though i hear it darkens which is my fear.

please,please,please do advise
thank you

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by sleekbody(f): 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
am dark and am using tracia and dove cream, how good is the combination?
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ladygogo: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
@jeomegso

Are you a licensed cosmetologist?

If you are, what school was your licence obtained from?

Thank you.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
ARareGem:

Ok... Just started on Dudu Osun. Noticed the good effect on my skin, but the smell...

Yet to get shea butter. Will shea butter help to even skin tone? If it won't, what cream could I use with shea butter? Pro-natural inclined.

I read shea butter has a smell, so I'm thinking of mixing it with my Jergens? Is that okay? Do you suggest different?

Coconut and carrot oil? Could you recommend a brand?

Thanks for responding to each of these plenty kweshions.

Mixing shea butter with a cream has no negative effect.

To tell you the truth, I source for crude natural skin care products (not packaged) and offer them to clients who are interested, oils inclusive. Just so am sure it's all natural, no additives. But be free to buy any brand you choose. "Now " is also a popular brand.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
arabianights:

please recommend good brands of lotions that contain aha

i also need advise on skin care products, am just tired of using different products and plan on using palmers cocoa butter (solid formula in jar)
on both my face and body and black soap ,i really am tired and fed up i react easily to products and of recent have developed late allergy such as itch skin during rainy season or when i go close to grass but thank God no spots.Am presently using vaseline total moisture with pure sheabutter.does this sheabutter even work sef?

my face just from no where developed rashes all over,WHICH IS PERSISTENT AND HAS REFUSED TO GO i even had to add dettol liquid to my black soap mixture.i mIght also be reacting to one ROSE CREAM MADE FROM LEBANON

please what do u advise? i really just want a simple regime for a glowy skin thats y am considering palmers cocoa butter though i hear it darkens which is my fear.

please,please,please do advise
thank you

Olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir, olay pro anti-aging nightly purified micropeel.

What's your skin color like, (maybe mention a public figure), also, skin type is it oil, dry or normal. Any skin problems?
These info will help me come up with a regimen.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
sugarcoatted:
Please, how effective is neutrogena oil-free acne wash (they also wrote pink grapefruit foaming scrub on it)

The active ingredient is salicylic acid, which is an exfoliate. It dries skin alot. Am not sure it's the best acne treatment out there. Unless you have severe acne, don't use it. If u must then follow up with a good moisturizer.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
jeomegso:

Olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir, olay pro anti-aging nightly purified micropeel.

What's your skin color like, (maybe mention a public figure), also, skin type is it oil, dry or normal. Any skin problems?
These info will help me come up with a regimen.

dark brown but unpolished and rough.my body is even way lighter due to abuse of chemicals. right now i have rashes on my face (as usual)
my body is dry whilst face is combination but sometimes oily.
I also feel i should notify u that i have sensitive skin.
please recomment simple and very affordable products as "change" never hit my area yet

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
ladygogo:
@jeomegso

Are you a licensed cosmetologist?

If you are, what school was your licence obtained from?

Thank you.

MY DEAR WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

EXPERIENCE IS BETTER THAN ANY LICENCE.HE IS JUST RENDERING ASSISTANCE AND NO ONE WAS FORCED TO ASK OR ACCEPT.IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT,PLEASE USE LUTH DERMATOLOGISTS.

ONCE AGAIN,WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by sugarcoatted(f): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
jeomegso:

The active ingredient is salicylic acid, which is an exfoliate. It dries skin alot. Am not sure it's the best acne treatment out there. Unless you have severe acne, don't use it. If u must then follow up with a good moisturizer.
Tnx a lot
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by pharuqchulker(m): 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
jeomegso:

Everybody has pimples, somehow. I have pimples but I learned to manage it to the barest minimum. If you have a pimple -prone skin what can you do? That's ur skin you will need to manage it Cos there's no known cure. Enough said.
Use Dr Sheffield clear zit in the morning with sebamed clear face moisturizer only and Janssen's RetinA at night (pea size amount at a time, a little goes a long way ). Be consistent for at least a month. Don't use anything else.
. Tanks
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
arabianights:

dark brown but unpolished and rough.my body is even way lighter due to abuse of chemicals. right now i have rashes on my face (as usual)
my body is dry whilst face is combination but sometimes oily.
I also feel i should notify u that i have sensitive skin.
please recomment simple and very affordable products as "change" never hit my area yet
yet

GOD BLESS YOU

Hmmm...try not to use soap on your skin. Use cream cleansers like Cetaphil and sebamed soapless cleanser.

Also, Revlon natural honey lotion add olive oil. I don't know any good aha cream that is cheap but u can buy a generic body scrub like Eden n I could offer you some ahas u can add to so you can scrub twice weekly.

Ur face is definitely reacting to something so be gentle.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
jeomegso:

Hmmm...try not to use soap on your skin. Use cream cleansers like Cetaphil and sebamed soapless cleanser.

Also, Revlon natural honey lotion add olive oil. I don't know any good aha cream that is cheap but u can buy a generic body scrub like Eden n I could offer you some ahas u can add to so you can scrub twice weekly.

Ur face is definitely reacting to something so be gentle.

thank you sooo much.does that mean you dont advice i use dudu osun and palmers cocoabutter?
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by nifdem: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good day, pls kindly advise on d cream I can use. I v a chocolate colour,pple call me ebony. I was using jergens skin whitening care and I was getting darker until someone gave me vaseline healthy white cream which worked well for me..it brightened my skin and it was glowing but since it got finished and am unable to get d cream in lagos,i went back to my jergens and am getting blacker day by day..kindly tell me d cream dt I can use which will not bleach me but brighten my skin..thanks so much ma
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
arabianights:

thank you sooo much.does that mean you dont advice i use dudu osun and palmers cocoabutter?

Cream is ok but soap, no till ur skin normalize
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by bookaddict(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
help dis poor dude.... I have dark spots Nd wanna geh rid of it without bleachin... nd need u to also recommend a good cream for pimples....
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ladygogo: 3:23am On Jun 26, 2015
arabianights:

MY DEAR WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

EXPERIENCE IS BETTER THAN ANY LICENCE.HE IS JUST RENDERING ASSISTANCE AND NO ONE WAS FORCED TO ASK OR ACCEPT.IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT,PLEASE USE LUTH DERMATOLOGISTS.

ONCE AGAIN,WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

Honey, i dont remember asking you any questions? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 4:29am On Jun 26, 2015
ladygogo:

Honey, i dont remember asking you any questions? undecided

oops my bad.I thought we are on a public forum,i didnt know you were chatting with your self
please accept my apology

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by calmie(f): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2015
arabianights:

oops my bad.I thought we are on a public forum,i didnt know you were chatting with your self
please accept my apology

grin grin cheesy......this got me rolling ...
Ladygogo take a chill

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by arabianights: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2015
calmie:

grin grin cheesy......this got me rolling ...
Ladygogo take a chill

funny enuff i just fell in love with your personality.if only people were easy going like you.
have a wonderful life

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2015
addict post=35152205]help dis poor dude.... I have dark spots Nd wanna geh rid of it without bleachin... nd need u to also recommend a good cream for pimples.... [/quote]

Hi,
It's almost impossible to get rid of dark spots without bleaching. However, since you have pimples, I recommend you manage the pimples before dealing with the spots.
In that case, use Dr Sheffield clear zit in the morning with sebamed clear face moisturizer only and Janssen's RetinA at night only. The Retina is an exfoliate so it takes out the spots as well. Be consistent and patient.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2015
nifdem:
Good day, pls kindly advise on d cream I can use. I v a chocolate colour,pple call me ebony. I was using jergens skin whitening care and I was getting darker until someone gave me vaseline healthy white cream which worked well for me..it brightened my skin and it was glowing but since it got finished and am unable to get d cream in lagos,i went back to my jergens and am getting blacker day by day..kindly tell me d cream dt I can use which will not bleach me but brighten my skin..thanks so much ma

Ok.
I see you prefer to be lighter than dark. U should try Nivea fair.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Cynluv(f): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2015
Good ma...
Pls am using fair and white cream the big pink ones,and slika Soap.i have dark spots on my legs for long now and the cream/soap is Nt really working as I want...pls what other better or the best cream/soap that I can use to clear them out.... embarassed cry
Thanks
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by nifdem: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thank so much ma for ur response. I will try d nivea but pls hope it won't bleach me o and pls ma kindly tell me a soap Dt wil work well wt d cream
jeomegso:

Ok.
I see you prefer to be lighter than dark. U should try Nivea fair.
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by Queening(f): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
jeomegso:

Ok.
good day jeomegso,i have alot to ask.1.i am fair and i use dettol soap and caro white (people told me it is a bleaching cream but it does not bleach my skin) i started using it in secondary school (i was always indoors) but now that i am in the uni most of the time i am under the sun and i noticed i was getting darker but when we are on holiday(i am always indoors) i get lighter.Right now i want to buy caro white but the difference is this one has fade milk and it also has carrot oil, should i go ahead ?
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ADEWALE7777: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
I have this pimples on my face...as in embarrassing and annoying.I have used all sorts of products..honey lemon funbact A Ytacan...yet I didn't see any improvement...I don't use any cream...didn't even know the cause of the annoying pimples...pls can u recommend a cream for me or any solution to this
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ladygogo: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
arabianights:

please accept my apology

Are you the op? I specifically asked the op questions. By the way, do not come for me if i didnt send for you. smiley
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by daiseofficials(f): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pls I want to tone my skin evenly....wah can i use??..at an affordable price #winks....thanks alot
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by ARareGem(f): 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
jeomegso:

To tell you the truth, I source for crude natural skin care products (not packaged) and offer them to clients who are interested, oils inclusive. Just so am sure it's all natural, no additives.

Thanks for your response. So please how do I contact you when I'm ready for the products?
Re: Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. by jeomegso: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2015
ARareGem:

Thanks for your response. So please how do I contact you when I'm ready for the products?

Send a message to jeomegso@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Some Women Now Wear Remote Controlled Vibrating Panties ................... / Preity Zinta beauty and style. / Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.