Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin (16699 Views)

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) / OBA Is A Yoruba Term Not Bini / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
I think its time we reopen discussions on the link with the Cradle Crescent. For some reasons, I've always been curious about the name Aina and the name's oriki, where it says 'Alepo niko(lo)'. I am particular about Alepo, which I took as meaning 'the anointed one'. Why? Well Alepo in Yoruba means 'one who has oil'. Interestingly, Aina means 'not to be beaten' as in, the name Aina and Oriki seems to leap from the scripture that says 'touch not my anointed' I was just reading a book titled 'Northern Nigeria Christians', this evening and a point about 'ALEIPHO, meaning 'rub with oil' in Greek, as used in KJV James 5:14' caught my attention. I felt serendipity first hand. Mr.President, Tpia, gatiano, Tonyspike, Ojodellio, over to you guys and the knowledgeable ones.

3 Likes

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Come back to Earth grin undecided
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 6:54am On Jun 06, 2015
Justfollowit:
Come back to Earth grin undecided
flying from Pluto to Saturn, Uranus to Mars, there's no place like home my lady. I checked in yesterday from solar traveling, with this story. Howz the world been?
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
This is a large topic, but I have no idea about it. However, when the greeks or caucasians came out from the caves, they had baby tongues, there were so many words they could not pronounce. A good example is Yahweh, and that was not the original sound. It went from YA-BA-HWEHU , they removed the "BA" because it was too long for them into YAHWEHU, and later along history of just about 1000 years ago into YAHWEH. So is the turning from "A" into "E" as in the case of ALLAH INTO ELOH and ALLEHUM INTO ELOHEIM etc.
So it could be the case of ALEPO, which also sound like the largest city in Syria called ALEPPO, Yoruba might have called it ALEPO like saying ALEGPO(I hope I'm correct), and the greeks called it "ALEIPHO" which is a common experience with them while they pronounce tonal words.

Aina according to Yoruba meaning is 'BIRTH IN PAIN', but there are many versions of Aina. The indiginous people of Japan were Black people which extended from Japan into the eastern region of Russia. A lot of them were murdered, while some left, the tribe was called "Ainu".
There are also several "Aina" in the scandinavian region. They may be related and the may not. All i know for a fact is "Black people were or settled in all the parts of the planet before the appearances of the light-race people. (not racist, its just the plain truth).

2prexios:
I think its time we reopen discussions on the link with the Cradle Crescent. For some reasons, I've always been curious about the name Aina and the name's oriki, where it says 'Alepo niko(lo)'. I am particular about Alepo, which I took as meaning 'the anointed one'. Why? Well Alepo in Yoruba means 'one who has oil'. Interestingly, Aina means 'not to be beaten' as in, the name Aina and Oriki seems to leap from the scripture that says 'touch not my anointed' I was just reading a book titled 'Northern Nigeria Christians', this evening and a point about 'ALEIPHO, meaning 'rub with oil' in Greek, as used in KJV James 5:14' caught my attention. I felt serendipity first hand. Mr.President, Tpia, gatiano, Tonyspike, Ojodellio, over to you guys and the knowledgeable ones.

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
What happened to the Black Ainus, gatiano?

The surviving Ainus who can still be seen today in the backwaters of Japan do not look Black at all.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
You always have issue with gatiano, O Radoillo. cheesy
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
If you would look them closely, You would see that they are Black but with straight hairs and closely resembling the Black people of Australia and the pacific. Before the Ainus, were the Jomon People, who were earliar than the Ainus.
Taking a look a the Indians in India, There are Black skin Indians with straight hairs, These are just descendants of the Original Asiatic Black people or Moors that we call Africans today (it is a pity that we regard ourselves after a roman and double pity for the so called African American bearing two names one roman another an italian explorer).
So are the so called Native Americans, They are a breed of Blacks people and Mongolians, The Mongolians consists of -Chinese, Japanese, Koreans etc. They crossed the Bering straits, some of them stopped in the northern part of the americas who today are known as Eskimos, the rest of them went further south were they met Black people with civilization. Whereever, the light-skin people(non-black) go to, their only idea is to always wipe out the Blacks. As was in the case of South-Africa, Sudan and South Sudan. And they are systematically still doing so till this very moment through foods, comsumable and utility products.

But they can never win. Why? because A number is constant amongst the Asiatic/Moors/Black people. count and you will find that, we don't exceed 1 billion and 8 million people (These are the Original Man/Woman).

Radoillo:
What happened to the Black Ainus, gatiano?

The surviving Ainus who can still be seen today in the backwaters of Japan do not look Black at all.

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mystery unlimited.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mystery means My-story
2prexios:
Mystery unlimited.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
2prexios:
You always have issue with gatiano, O Radoillo. cheesy

LOL. I don't o. When there are things that aren't clear to me, I ask questions.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
gatiano:
Mystery means My-story
At your mercy, almighty gaitano. grin
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Very nice of you Brother, You should and never believe anything that anybody tells you, never! However, always have an opened mind, listen, see clearly and make your own researches. It might seem as if it is a waste of time, But knowing one's history is THE TIME. It takes us into the future.

Radoillo:

LOL. I don't o. When there are things that aren't clear to me, I ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
LOL, that is when you would call somebody almighty and Oga at the top will ask me are you sure? Thanks for cancelling it. Anyway, our purpose of being created is to become Almighty. Every Black person would reach it, like or not, live or in death.
2prexios:
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
Meanwhile, Aina is the name of a character in history, not a tribe as you wont to believe. Moreso, Aina is not the child of pain but Ige Adubi. Aina is a 'child of royalty'. The unbilical cord around the neck of Aina symbolizes bead, depicting jewel around the neck of the child as with Aina. Reconcile the analogy with the ancient Yoruba aristocratic costume: ejigbara-ileke. twosome bead across the body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nice, If You know more about the Aina character, Pls do share. I believe Myths contains thousands of true history combine into One Box. I think it is time to demystify the myths(to open the box).

2prexios:
Meanwhile, Aina is the name of a character in history, not a tribe as you wont to believe. Moreso, Aina is not the child of pain but Ige Adubi. Aina is a 'child of royalty'. The unbilical cord around the neck of Aina symbolizes bead, depicting jewel around the neck of the child as with Aina. Reconcile the analogy with the ancient Yoruba aristocratic costume: ejigbara-ileke. twosome bead across the body.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
What does an owl signify in Yoruba culture, I have forgotten that of a chameleon, please tell if you know. Most Black people see owl as an evil thing.
2prexios:
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by StarFlux: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
gatiano:
What does an owl signify in Yoruba culture, I have forgotten that of a chameleon, please tell if you know. Most Black people see owl as an evil thing.
Yup, eye owiwi is usually associated with withcraft. The chameleon is pretty much the opposite, as in good-bearing.

Anyways, Aina Orosun is indeed not a child of pain. However, whether it has any real connection to anything outside of Yoruba culture I really don't know. The thing with Yoruba is that the words are contructed in a manner that makes many words resemble in many ways those of other languages, even distinct ones. While it is not that hard to decipher the Yoruba words for their intended meaning, most other languages have lost their word roots and words are merely words, unlike Yoruba where each syllable bears a meaning.

In essence, it is difficult to be sure about anything. I have however, read just now, that aleipho in Greek is a verb (what is the actual word for oil in Greek?) and that it is not a term used to describe something ceremonial, but rather a more generic term and would therefore probably not be in any immediate connection with someone who's anointed, but rather medicinal purposes.

Btw, do you know the whole Aina oriki?

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aina Orosun, lausa lo tiwa, Alepo niko, Abadie Saba, Olori Onisango, lausa lotiwa. Thats all I can recall as to her oriki.

2 Likes

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
I just type Aleipho into the search engine and pick a site at random: here is it; Thayer's Greek Lexicon STRONGS NT 218:

ἀλείφω ἀλείφω: imperfect ἤλειφον; 1 aorist ἤλειψα; 1 aorist middle imperative ἄλειψαί; (allied with λίπος, grease; cf. Curtius, § 340; Vanicek, p.
811; Peile, p. 407; from
Homer down);
The bold looks like Aino, not just that, 'Aino' kind of resemble 'anoint'. Not just that...
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
I do not know the Oriki of Aina, I'm Yoruba but not fluent. My bad, that is as a result of years of manipulation and lack of knowledge of self. I'm opened to learning, as long as you demystify them.

I wouldn't look the owl on the negative aspect, that is because, The Creator made everything perfect(all animals and birds), they were made according to good function for the benefit of Man and Mankind.
The owl has two major characteristics, and from them, we as Men can raise our conciousness-
1) The owl is a bird of the night, It is able to see clearly in the night; this means that it is able to see truth out of falsehood, see light in darkness, get knowledge out of nothing etc.

2) The owl has that neck that can go all about 360 degrees, it is 360 degree conscious of its surrounding, nothing goes without it noticing.

And the owl is the ancient Egypt or Kemet represent "M", and if you see the features of an owl, the 'M' os prominent. 'M' as pronouced as 'OM' or 'UM'. A child is said to become entirely conscious that moment the child can say maami, or mummy or mama.

The chameleon too has a very positive aspect which i can't recollect now, so are all the other animals.

I do not have idea about the Alepo or Aleihpo too, All I know and sure of is every word originated from the Black people/Muurs.

Thankyou.

StarFlux:
Yup, eye owiwi is usually associated with withcraft. The chameleon is pretty much the opposite, as in good-bearing.

Anyways, Aina Orosun is indeed not a child of pain. However, whether it has any real connection to anything outside of Yoruba culture I really don't know. The thing with Yoruba is that the words are contructed in a manner that makes many words resemble in many ways those of other languages, even distinct ones. While it is not that hard to decipher the Yoruba words for their intended meaning, most other languages have lost their word roots and words are merely words, unlike Yoruba where each syllable bears a meaning.

In essence, it is difficult to be sure about anything. I have however, read just now, that aleipho in Greek is a verb (what is the actual word for oil in Greek?) and that it is not a term used to describe something ceremonial, but rather a more generic term and would therefore probably not be in any immediate connection with someone who's anointed, but rather medicinal purposes.

Btw, do you know the whole Aina oriki?

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
Could you please interprete it in English?
And remember, We must try to demystify the myths. Children of nowadays will not waste 10 seconds on myths and worst of all, spook.

2prexios:
Aina Orosun, lausa lo tiwa, Alepo niko, Abadie Saba, Olori Onisango, lausa lotiwa. Thats all I can recall as to her oriki.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
gatiano:
Could you please interprete it in English?
And remember, We must try to demystify the myths. Children of nowadays will not waste 10 seconds on myths and worst of all, spook.

Aina or Osun, she came from those that fled, she has oil and she has corps, she nest as with mother hen, head of Sango adherents, she's from the Ausa.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Does Aina Orosun means Aina or Osun?
Lausa lo tiwa mean fled from as to lausa lotiwa which means according to you comes from Ausa.

What if She came from Hausa, and the 'Ausa' could also mean 'Ausar' or 'Auset'.

The Hen that Obatala brought with Him to scatter the sand around the waters of the planet could not have meant a chicken, but A group of People. And Hen is a female, which also mean multiplying and filling the earth with People.

Sango means Electricity which was the second stage of making the universe, The first is Magnetism, The third Light, 4th Ether, 5th Gas, 6th Liquid which is Osun, and 7th Solid (Ogun) being the heaviest, sinks deeper into the planet.
The number 7 is very important, and all these 7 components are in every human being.

Each of the component too has 7 stages, (thin liquid like spirit to the thickest stage of liquid like gel amongst which is oil).

Like i said all the Blackmans' myths are true, they are used to compound a whole lot of components.

I don't say i know, I also want to learn, and that is just my opinion.
2prexios:
Aina or Osun, she came from those that fled, she has oil and she has corps, she nest as with mother hen, head of Sango adherents, she's from the Ausa.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
I think you get my point. It is Ausa, Hausa and maybe Ausar but not Auset. No need to bend the word when its possible meaning is already apparent. Its like insulting the intelligence of the word in question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by gatiano(m): 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Auset is just female of Ausar, Sister and wife of Ausar. Also Sarah being the sister and wife of Abraham. The modern people don't understand what that sister means.
My Mother is also My Sister, so my wife, My Father is my brother. The reason why this is so is because The creators that incarnate in us especially the Black people are Brothers and Sisters, no boss over the other, no servant to another.
I will never insult the wisdom, knowledge and the intelligence of My Elders and Ancestors.

2prexios:
I think you get my point. It is Ausa, Hausa and maybe Ausar but not Auset. No need to bend the word when its possible meaning is already apparent. Its like insulting the intelligence of the word in question.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
gatiano:
Auset is just female of Ausar, Sister and wife of Ausar. Also Sarah being the sister and wife of Abraham. The modern people don't understand what that sister means.
My Mother is also My Sister, so my wife, My Father is my brother. The reason why this is so is because The creators that incarnate in us especially the Black people are Brothers and Sisters, no boss over the other, no servant to another.
I will never insult the wisdom, knowledge and the intelligence of My Elders and Ancestors.

Aina, and then Ausa,

not Auset. we have to stick to the names given by the tradition, being the subject.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by tpiadotcom: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
2prexios:

Ige is child of struggle, not child of pain.

All births are accompanied by pain.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 7:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Wins was a very rich woman, from the way ancient Yoruba portrayed her:

aina o,
keke login.

When they sing that song, you do think you hear what they were saying, him.

Many people thought because they were Yoruba, it makes it easy.

It's like what Isaiah said, hearing you will not hear, seeing you will not understand.

keke logun,
awo ile olowu,
Adia fun Mobowu,
Tii se omobinrin Ogun.

The question is, what does keke logun mean? I want to believe there are Yoruba here.

At macof, can you give this a try? Its utterly simple but revolutionary.

tell me the meaning, at least you claim to be Yoruba and pride.
Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by 2prexios: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2015
Aina was a very rich woman, from the way ancient Yoruba portrayed her:

aina o,
keke logun.
Lausa lo tiwa.
Abadiye saba.

When they sing that song, you do think you hear all what they were saying, hm.

Many people thought because they were Yoruba, it makes Yoruba easy.

It's like what Isaiah said, 'hearing you will not hear, seeing you will not understand'.

keke logun,
awo ile olowu,
Abaja logbon,
awoo won ode Eyo.

Ture laadota;
Adia fun Olunloye.
Tin tikole orun bo was si taye.
Nje, Olunloye mo mo binu o.

Olunloye mo mo se redun Oran.
Bi aaya to nponmo
Lamere o si maa pon.

Olunloye momo se redun oran,
Agba ti ko binu lomoo ree po.
Aipe, aijina,
Ewa bani no wowo Omo.

- okanran meji.

The question is, what does keke logun mean? I want to believe there are Yoruba here.

Share your definition, don't hold it back only to ask me rhetoric questions like

don't you know the meaning of ogidan?

You can ask 9jacrip for help, its an open question, the winner gets N10,000.

Offer lasts for 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin by absoluteSuccess: 11:13am On Apr 27, 2018
2prexios:
Aina was a very rich woman, from the way ancient Yoruba portrayed her:

aina o,
keke logun.
Lausa lo tiwa.
Abadiye saba.

When they sing that song, you do think you hear all what they were saying, hm.

Many people thought because they were Yoruba, it makes Yoruba easy.

It's like what Isaiah said, 'hearing you will not hear, seeing you will not understand'.

keke logun,
awo ile olowu,
Abaja logbon,
awoo won ode Eyo.

Ture laadota;
Adia fun Olunloye.
Tin tikole orun bo was si taye.
Nje, Olunloye mo mo binu o.

Olunloye mo mo se redun Oran.
Bi aaya to nponmo
Lamere o si maa pon.

Olunloye momo se redun oran,
Agba ti ko binu lomoo ree po.
Aipe, aijina,
Ewa bani no wowo Omo.

- okanran meji.

Share your definition, don't hold it back only to ask me rhetoric questions like

don't you know the meaning of ogidan?

You can ask 9jacrip for help, its an open question, the winner gets N10,000.

Offer lasts for 24 hours.

Now the puzzle has been here for some years, let me solve it...

Aina o, keke lo gun simply means that the icon known as "Aina rode on chariot, and came from Hausaland (to Yorubaland). This shows that there was once an empire comprising Yoruba and the hausa, or the Yoruba had received a female leader from the north. Remember I did not compose the song, and its open to re-interpretation.

Sometimes in my earlier posts I posit that the migrating Yoruba settled at the norther part of the country first. That's a proof in that song.

Keke is Yoruba for chariot to this day, also, the bicycle is called keke because ancient Yoruba were familiar with its predecessor in form of chariot, hence the common word for both. People in Lagos calls the trycycle "KEKE NAPEP" for a reason. that's morphology at work.

Remember the song,

keke farao,
ati okun re
emi o ma riwon mo o.

That settles it.

(1) (Reply)

Igogo Festival Shuts Down Akure City / Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.