Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? (27406 Views)

Is The Father Regarded As The Head Of The Home In This Age / Someone Should Help Solve This Age Long Riddle / Is This An Appropriate Dressing At This Age? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by morereb10: 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
'A Patient Dog eats the fattest bone'?

In my opinion, I think their is no patient in life again, expecially, this age that everything is all about race. You don't just sit around and wait for things happen do u?

Please I need radical comments and cynical minds.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by sinaj(f): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
I hate delay undecided

Agat no time for patience sad

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by amnesty7: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
It is truevtill the end of time. Hasty climbers soon do fall.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by amnesty7: 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
It is true till the end of time. Hasty climbers soon do fall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by CrazyScientist: 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
He ate the fattest bone because....

The fast dogs ate the fattest meat and left the bone for him grin

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 06, 2015
That adage has its place. It's not always applied to every sphere of life. There's time for patience and also there's time for speed. Just know the right thing to do at the right time...

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by tpiadotcom: 12:40am On Jun 06, 2015
who ate the meat. . . . . . . . . .

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Wizzz: 1:40am On Jun 06, 2015
It still works, depending on what you're waiting for. E.g a good husband.

But even at that, our dear runs girls still marry the rich men. Omoh this adage no dey work again. angry

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by mesoade(m): 2:15am On Jun 06, 2015
I won't wait to eat the fattest bone, i'll strive to eat the fattest meat

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Yustash001(m): 6:21am On Jun 06, 2015
It still applies....that's why they say ''eegun to koko jo....iran ni yoo wo gbeyin..(the masquerade that dances first will watch others dancing in the end)....

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by holicalpha(m): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Its like saying SURULERE when sharp guys don port go Victoria islands, you're still shouting SURULERE.

Time is precious, use it wisely.

- Valar Morghulis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by holicalpha(m): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2015
sinaj:
I hate delay undecided

Agat no time for patience sad
. Jonathan Nko.??

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by youngwarlocks: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2015
no longer relevant...the dogs refused to learn from the goats...the goats go stubbornly go for wetin dem want, even if them receive beating them no care as far as them get wetin dem want........and on time too....if u too patient na hunger go kill u
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Olden days proverb.

Try that at your own risk.

The adage has been countered with-

Eni yara logun gbe- the gods help the swiftest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Matttthew(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Yes for the patient.....
N nobody is ready to cont being a dog.

#So that av even make life more difficult for us.......
Boko boys av even decided to make heaeven fastly with virgins awaiting dem...... Fools.
10yrs old boy even have the dream of getting rich in the next minute.
N youth prays for suddenly wealth....
#WeReaminTheKillerOfOurselves
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by AnneMomoh: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
holicalpha:

dot dot dot
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Hunger go just kill am ..!!
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by klevjey: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
if u think the duara kunu man is a dog, click like...

meanwhile, for installation and servicing of your CCTV, video door phone, smoke detector, etc...pm me

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by superior1: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2015
He may not eat the fattest but he will definitely have his bone ration.

Patience is still a virtue, lack of it has got destinies ruined.

Await your time.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
We still need some like "99 days for the thief one day for the owner" thiefs don too plenty.. Recently my dorm was robbed gan lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
NO, patience is a way of the old, if you don't wanna lose, don't be patient.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Ademat7(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
This dnt work anymore because gone r d days when basic need of man is what we all strive for but nowadays WANT has become NEED + d fact that emotional trauma of waiting is too hard to bear unlike olden days. ***dedicating dis FP achievement to the faithful nigerian;who stand despite the rough road***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by adetopshot(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
If the dogs before him are not greedy...
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by stinggy(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

In my opinion, I think their is no patient in life again, expecially, this age that everything is all about race. You don't just sit around and wait for things happen do u?

Maybe. As evident in Buhari's story.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by KingTom(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

[size=40pt]BUHARI[/size]
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by IceSplash(f): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Nope
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by flyestmike(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
abegi

WHO THE ADAGE HELP??

E HELP U?
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by gunners160(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
D adage still holds.For example, I read on Nl recently on how many young Nigerians died as a result of them been involved in illegal biznesses and crimes such as: drug trafficking.I am sure if they were patient and waited for the best time they would still be alive till date and who knows maybe 1 of them is destined to be the next Dangote but lack of patience made them six feet down today.Yoruba will say it is patience that boils hot water. . .. Surulere

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by sleazy5(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Methinks it depends on the o occasion... So one will have to be wise to deduce when to act fast and when to be patient....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures / Is This The Secret Bleaching Cream? / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.