Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air (25405 Views)

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Islie: 3:49am On Jun 06, 2015
Over 120 passengers, including the Director, Muslim Rights Concern, Prof. Ishaq Akintola, on Friday evening escaped death as an Aero Contractors Airline Flight 180 from Lagos to Kaduna developed technical fault mid-air.

The aircraft was said to have suddenly lost altitude, 20 minutes after it departed the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, forcing the aircraft to wobble in the air for over one hour before it was eventually diverted to Abuja.

Akintola, who broke the news to New Mail, said the flight took off from Lagos at exactly 6.30pm.

He said 20 minutes into the flight, the aircraft lost altitude and the passengers had to make use of the oxygen masks as the plane continued to wobble, while dropping steadily.

Akintola said, “The plane lost altitude 20 minutes after takeoff. We had to make use of the oxygen masks. We saw smoke outside the plane, probably coming from the engine compartment.

“At this time, the whole plane was thrown into commotion. Many passengers screamed and some fainted. Prayers upon prayers were offered. Some shouted Allah, others Jesus.”

Akintola said it was in the midst of the commotion that the crew, whom he commended for their professionalism and unusual calmness, announced that the plane would be diverted to Abuja.

He said, “While the pilot was making the announcement of the flight diversion, I noticed that his voice was trembling. He told us that Abuja was 120 miles away and that we would land in 25 minutes. But we were not sure we would make it.

“In fact, I quickly recited the Kalimah (the Quranic invocation of the oneness of Allah), believing that the end had come,” Akintola added in messages to New Mail.

He said that the plane finally touched down in Abuja at about 9.00pm and upon landing in Abuja, the officials of the airline told the devastated passengers that the fault would be hurriedly repaired and that the plane would proceed to take them to Kaduna, their original destination.

As of the time he spoke with New Mail at about 9.30pm, he said he was already in a taxi taking him from Abuja to Kaduna as he could not risk being “flown in the same aircraft that was divinely saved from crashing.”

Akintola said, “As I am talking to you, I am now in a taxi taking me to Kaduna. They said they wanted to repair the plane and that we should wait so it takes us to Kaduna. Allah forbids. They asked how many of us wanted to disembark and almost everybody came out.”

When Saturday PUNCH called Akintola at about 11pm, he confirmed the incident and said he was about entering Kaduna.

He said, “When the aircraft wanted to land in Abuja, the tyres failed to come out on time and that again caused more commotion among passengers. At last, we landed at about 7.35, about 50 minute of trauma mid-air.”

A statement by the airline read, “Aero confirms that there was depressurisation in the aircraft cabin leading to the dropping of oxygen mask. And since Aero has a maintenance facility in Abuja, the flight to Kaduna was diverted to Abuja this evening to fix the problem.”

The General Manager, Public Affairs, Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Mr. Fan Ndubuoke, said he had yet to be briefed on the matter.

http://www.punchng.com/news/over-120-escape-death-as-aero-aircraft-develops-fault-mid-air/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by eleko1: 4:35am On Jun 06, 2015
Bole kaja plane.Thank God for una safety.

12 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Burger01(m): 5:08am On Jun 06, 2015
Hmm. Aero Aircraft. God help us. He no go funny if that plane had wobbled into Sambisa forest.sad

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by madridguy(m): 5:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Thank God for safe landing.

5 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by GogetterMD(m): 5:40am On Jun 06, 2015
Hmmmm. Aero. Does routine technical and mechanical inspection happen before every flight?

5 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Lol @ Allah forbids. grin grin
Me go even trek go sef.... angry angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by holicalpha(m): 9:00am On Jun 06, 2015
This calls for a celebration.

Barman bring me 6 bottles of Kunu zaki. grin grin

What were y'all thinking.?? grin

3 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by hardywaltz(m): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
We thank God

2 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Aminat508(f): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
cool Alhamdulillahi Robil Alamin

15 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by chesterlee(m): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Thank God for their lives!!

The number of the deaths recorded this week alone is quite alarming.

God save us!

9 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by bornmekus: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
GOD WIN.

13 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by softnipples(f): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Praise be to God!

Who else thinks buhari should just resign? grin

34 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by seedorfg(m): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2015
chineke meeeeeeh, ewwwwo, yeeekpaaaripa, thank Godu oooo

1 Like

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Mintek: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2015
Aero and their time-worn aircrafts.
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by tucky200(m): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2015
Lmao ! @*Some fainted,some shouted ALLAH,some shouted jesus*

3 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by justi4jesu(f): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2015
Ha my fear of flying has just increased by 200 percent angry cry cry cry cry

19 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by AGgal(f): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2015
I can only imagine the look on the faces of the passengers!

Passengers be like *Na die we dey*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by sunnyanet(m): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Father God we bless ur holy name for save landing and preventing another aircraft crisis today, may this country witness Peace and Unity. AMEN

33 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by nairadoo: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Hmmm . . Aero is fast becoming like ARIK airline
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by TDonald: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
R. I. P in advance to those who would still go on board that same airplane to Kaduna lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by prettyrosiemua(f): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Thank God for safe landing. I wonder who would still want to board that same plane from abuja to Kaduna. I'd rather join the trekking crew.

3 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Man of allah of the religion of piss the fear to die?? lol
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by dazz661(f): 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
And some of my friends avoid Dana air like a plaque and say it's either they use aero or arik...then this happened.
It's only God that protects us when we use these aircrafts cuz this can happen to any airline.

9 Likes

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Good news or a sad news?
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by kayceshow(m): 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
thank God

1 Like

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by opeoluwa20(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2015
Terrible situation thank God nothing bad happened

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) / 9ja To Usa. A Story Of Grace And Providence. / Avoid Lokoja-Obajana Road If You Don't Want To Sleep On The Road For 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.