Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale (55398 Views)

Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / President Buhari And His Legion Of Sycophants – Yemi Adebowale / My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 06, 2015
It seems President Muhammadu Buhari doesn’t know that elections are over and it is time to start actualizing his promises. The first few days of a new President in office matter a great deal. Acting authoritatively within 24 hours of being sworn will send the right signal to all that he is ready to implement change. Buhari has already failed in this regard. He is supposed to hit the ground running considering the mirage of problems facing this nation. The new President simply hit the ground and sat down there. The cabal controlling Nigeria has already ringed him. He could not appoint a Secretary to the Federal Government, seven days after his inauguration. He could not even appoint a Chief of Staff. He is struggling with his list of ministers. So many interest groups within his ruling All Progressives Congress are holding him by the jugular. Ogbonnaya Onu and Rotimi Amaechi are battling for the position of SGF. Buhari should be reminded that a forward-looking leader like David Cameron of the United Kingdom announced his cabinet with 48 hours of emerging victorious.

Our dear Buhari could not even appoint a spokesman. He ended up appointing spokesmen. I have never heard of this in any sane society. He has Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu appointed as spokesmen just to satisfy diverse interest groups. Ever heard of leaders like Barack Obama or David Cameron operating with spokesmen? This is an agenda for chaos in the media management area.

I can’t understand why Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Barde and Army Chief, Kenneth Minimah are still in office. If we are talking about change and wiping out Boko Haram, the men in charge of the war’s Command and Control ought not to be in office by this time. Buhari obviously has no blueprint on how to handle Boko Haram. These bastards have killed over 300 people in the last seven days. The President has directed that the defence headquarters be moved to Maiduguri. There is clearly no sense in this. Buhari simply wants to jeopadise the Command and Control Centre. The United States did not move the Pentagon to the Gulf region during the Gulf war. Yet, they decapitated Iraqi forces. United Kingdom did not move its defence headquarters to the Falkland during the war with Argentina over the Falkland. Buhari’s directive is an archaic military strategy. This is obviously unnecessary in modern warfare. Obviously, our dear President has no blueprint for tackling the Boko Haram problem. All he did during the election was to excoriate Goodluck Jonathan’s security failure. He had no plans of his own.

The next thing the President did was to dash to Niger and Chad to talk to their leaders about curtailing Boko Haram. Yes, this would help in shortening trans-border terrorism. But how will this stop ongoing suicide bombings inside Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states by the blood-thirsty Boko Haram? The suicide bombers are obviously not crossing into the country from the neighbouring countries. They are within the country, manufacturing and using Improvised Explosive Devices. They are using petrol and gas cylinders, all obtained within the country, for suicide bombings. Intelligence gathering and technology are key to detecting and curtailing the deadly activities of these suicide bombers. We need to put our internal security in order before running to Chad and Niger republics.

I am also surprised that heads of failed government departments and agencies that have done collateral damages to this country are still in office eight days after Buhari’s inauguration. How can the leadership of the Customs and Excise still be in office by this time? Why should the leadership of the NNPC and the NERC still be in office? The leadership of the FIRS is still in office, yet we are talking about change. Change in this direction should come within 24 hours. We are still waiting for our dear President to act.
[b]Buhari response to the power crisis in his inauguration speech was also appalling. How can the President say that, “careful studies are under way during this transition to identify the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians.” So, the President did not do a thorough study of the power crisis and the way forward before campaigning to take over from Jonathan? So, the President has no blueprint on how to tackle the power crisis? So, Buhari is just about assembling a team to decide on what to do? That should have been in his bag already. It is part of what is called hitting the ground running in governance. I hope we have not entered a one chance bus? I guess that was why Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo sent him his own blueprint on the power crisis. My humble suggestion is for Buhari to quickly go after Atiku Abubakar and collect his comprehensive blueprint on how to tackle crisis in virtually all the sectors of our economy. A better-prepared Atiku commissioned a very reliable team to do this during his campaign for Presidency. But the APC painfully denied him their Presidential ticket. It is a pity that a well-prepared Atiku may never become the President of this country because we always celebrate mediocrity. [/b]

Buhari has also left many bemused by his refusal to make public his asset declaration. Garba Shehu said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.” What an insult. One of Buhari’s key campaign promises was public declaration of assets and liabilities. How can he now do this to Nigerians? Late President Umaru Yar’Adua made public his asset declaration after submitting to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Clearly, Buhari has something to hide. The National Secretary of the Labour Party, Kayode Ajulo was right when he accused the President of failing to keep  the covenant he had with Nigerians to publish his assets publicly. Ajulo said: “The promise on the declaration of assets made to Nigerians was to woo voters. Now, the voters have fulfilled their part of the agreement. It is left for Buhari to fulfill the other part, failure of which is a clear violation of the social contract he had with millions of Nigerians.”

Now, the President has approval for 15 Special Advisers. What does he want to do with all these men? These Special Advisers will also have a retinue of special assistants. They will also need to maintain offices and vehicles. So, where is the belt tightening which our President promised in this scenario? On removal of fuel subsidy, Buhari is still shivering, eight days after inauguration. May Allah help Nigeria.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-thought-buhari-would-hit-the-ground-running/211273/
Cc lalasticlala

223 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by DickDastardly(m): 7:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Men of truth.
Tell them!
I won't call Buhari a Brainless Dunce, Dullard, Illiterate, Ancestor, living Mummy, Haramite so that his rabbied online dogs won't come baring their foam and saliva filled sticky canine for me.

282 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by hadura29(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2015
Early morning poo...

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by drtwist(m): 7:54am On Jun 06, 2015
There is no better way of telling someone the truth. Buhari has not gotten a single pass mark since HE Resume office and Dele Momodu is telling us to be patient. For What?

I expect all APC supporter to join us in letting him know much is expected of Him instead of defend his on fruitful ideal

185 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2015
I State Atiku was a better option, I thought I was the only one who noticed that Buhari basically stated in his inauguration speech that he had no power plan and that studies were underway. He won since March 28, 2 full months to plan his government at least.
Even GEJ and the notoriously slow Yar’Adua at least had given some sense of the direction they were taking by now.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by M0GIDI: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2015
The cabal controlling Nigeria has already ringed him. He could not appoint a Secretary to the Federal Government, seven days after his inauguration. He could not even appoint a Chief of Staff. He is struggling with his list of ministers. So many interest groups within his ruling All Progressives Congress are holding him by the jugular. Ogbonnaya Onu and Rotimi Amaechi are battling for the position of SGF. Buhari should be reminded that a forward-looking leader like David Cameron of the United Kingdom announced his cabinet with 48 hours of emerging victorious.

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by kay1one2(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2015
Www.babaonechance.com.
Visit for all the latest news on the Daura President's activities!
May God help Nigeria.
No matter where the help comes from!

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Only people who expected much from him are bound to be disappointed, he is junketing around the globe with his VP while Nigeria is on auto pilot, it's much easier to criticise than to govern.
Lalasticlala should put this on front page. I miss GEJ already.

199 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Waiting for dose apc(devil) supporters to come defend d old full

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by DickDastardly(m): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove front page pls

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2015
Very well written. Anyway,I still don't believe we have entered "one chance" bus. The administration is still new,let us give him time. Buhari has so many people who have interest in how he runs his government and I think he has to start shedding them off,else he may not achieve much.
May God use him to lift this country,Nigerians are going through "hell".
God bless Buhari.

38 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2015
The cry of the loosers.

This man has barely stayed in office for a week and you guys want to kill him with criticism give him a break please let him do it the way he wants

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari is only good at talking.. We have had enough promises, we need actions. Hundreds are dying everyday in the hands of BH under Buhari's watch.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by dunkem21(m): 8:06am On Jun 06, 2015
One week gone and there is no headway yet ..No ministers, service chiefs, no direction, no communication ..We are scattered like a sheep without shepherd.

JAMB QUESTION: Who is the CURRENT minister of Finance?

I miss you, GEJ.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by MizMyColi(f): 8:09am On Jun 06, 2015
sad

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by tucky200(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2015
U want him to begin like our former leaders who ended up failing woefully..nope ,dis is a new government and its not business as usual grin

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by LordVarys: 8:12am On Jun 06, 2015
Right now I don't care who he appoints, he should just freaking appoint someone or at least do something, 1 full week of gridlock, to the extent that Nigeria had to send Perm Sec Special Duties as head of our delegation to the OPEC meeting this week, Buhari should realise that his goodwill is fast evaporating,GEJ's goodwill didn't evaporate this fast till Jan 2012 when he removed subsidy and yet he was well beaten in March.
PS lalasticlala front page

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by themilanway(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
"A better-prepared Atiku"yet he couldn't win the primaries despite the"dollar rain".

To the doom saying crew,PMB will perform.

In the mean time,your criticsms whether over the top or not are welcomed.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by MizMyColi(f): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Food dun dey done small smallgrin

Say it with me....
Sai Buhari!!!!!
cheesy
cheesy

undecidedundecidedundecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by yang(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2015
An illiterate is an illiterate. . .the way the North and south-west voted for an illiterate with no WAEC certificate and expect him to produce a blueprint, draw up strategy manage bla bla bla beats me. You cannot plant cassava and expect to see a palm tree. What you have done is remove a working govt of GEJ and put a confused dullard putting the Africa biggest Economy in reverse gear and the small agricultural minister that was growing agriculture, they chased him away to AFDB to sit in an office and speak English when he could be of better use here in Nigeria growing the Agriculture sector

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by MizMyColi(f): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2015
themilanway:
"A better-prepared Atiku" yet he couldn't win the primaries despite the"dollar rain".

To the doom saying crew,PMB will perform.

In the mean time,your criticsms whether over the top or not are welcomed.

Even before the primaries, they all knew Buhari was the candidate.

Your comment shows that a reality just hit you.
In other words, you're saying GMB is not performing, but he will perform.
Touche!
grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Naija done enter one chance finally .....

Buhari where is the change u promised

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 06, 2015
The President has directed that the defence headquarters be moved to Maiduguri. There is clearly no sense in this. Buhari simply wants to jeopadise the Command and Control Centre. The United States did not move the Pentagon to the Gulf region during the Gulf war. Yet, they decapitated Iraqi forces. United Kingdom did not move its defence headquarters to the Falkland during the war with Argentina over the Falkland. Buhari’s directive is an archaic military strategy. This is obviously unnecessary in modern warfare. Obviously, our dear President has no blueprint for tackling the Boko Haram problem. All he did during the election was to excoriate Goodluck Jonathan’s security failure. He had no plans of his own.

dumb analysis, you didn't tell us how Usa and Britain did when faced with domestic terrorism , your example only touched on foreign wars.........smh, if you were pmb im sure you will perform worse no wonder you are a supporter of the clueless one

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2015
If war too much for naija, I go sale my half plot of land and run-out of dis "lagoon called Nigeria grin

D!ck head country

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by LordVarys: 8:28am On Jun 06, 2015
Atiku Abubakar was the most prepared of all the Presidential Candidates, Buhari just rode on the crest of Nigeria's desperate desire for change

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2015
waiting for the scavengers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by themilanway(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Even before the primaries, they all knew Buhari was the candidate.

Your comment shows that a reality just hit you.
In other words, you're saying GMB is not performing, but he will perform.
Touche!
grin

No ma'm,don't misquote me.What I meant is to re affirm to the doubting thomas,the doom saying crew(I'm looking at you tongue tongue)that PMB will definately come good.

I just hope his critics here doesn't run out of steam on the long run.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Dreambeat: 8:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Let no one be deceived,the truth is that Buhari never had an idea of how to preside over the affairs of this country.He never had a blueprint of what to do or how to do it when he gets to to the seat,he only rode on the back of tribalism and religious sentiment to become the president.He saw the opportunity of becoming the president and grabbed it.I am afraid those Nigerians who voted for him may have to wait a little longer to even get a fraction of his campaign promises fulfilled,that is if any is going to be fulfilled.Moreover,there are so many vested interests in his party who are hell bent on getting their way.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2015
eliment:
The cry of the loosers.

This man has barely stayed in office for a week and you guys want to kill him with criticism give him a break please let him do it the way he wants
You APC dolts are the worst form of sycophants, even in the face of glaring evidence of inaction by Buhari a week after inauguration, you all still remain shamelessly unabashed. Tell your Daura President to get to work and stop playing to the gallery.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Obiodunukwe: 8:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari should be reminded that a forward-looking leader like David Cameron of the United Kingdom announced his cabinet with 48 hours of emerging victorious.

The quality of the Nigerian opposition is just shocking.

The author of this piece is comparing a Buhari government who has just taken over the government of Nigeria from the PDP to the UK's Prime Minister who has just been re-elected after being in power for the last 5 years.

SMH...

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by MizMyColi(f): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2015
themilanway:

No ma'm,don't misquote me. What I meant is to re affirm to the doubting thomas,the doom saying crew(I'm looking at you tongue tongue)that PMB will definitely come good.

I just hope his critics here doesn't run of steam on the long run.

@Emboldened
That's you doomsdaying and doomsayingcheesy

Don't we all have the doom element in us?

I don't know if you'll be realistic bro.
But what we are seeing now is not at par with what we expected.

The writer of that post made valid points that I was at a loss for words on what to comment.

If you say Buhari will perform, what is he waiting for? We need to start feeling his impact my dear.

APC used the social media and the media holistically to win the hearts of a sizable chunk of our populace.

This time, the media won't cut it.
Action will.
Action Bro.

That said, despite my all time scepticism of the change chants and movement, I haven't categorically joined the "DoomSayers" yetsmiley

If I ever do, then know that Nigeria, under this administration is beyond redemption cool

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Zellie: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2015
eliment:
The cry of the loosers.

Nigerians are not smiling. Within a week, scores of people have died.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha / Lagos APC Set To Sue NWC For Nullifying Congress / US Property Acquired By General Erema Akerejola - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.