Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Signs Of The End Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs Of The End Times (45268 Views)

The Signs Of End Times. When Is The World Going To End? / Nigeria’s Looming Economic Troubles Is A Sign Of End Times / Biblical Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2015
The signs of the end times is something that all faithfuls must look for to find out how close we are to the second coming of Christ Jesus. Even many non believers are looking into this issue now, which shows there are significant changes going on in our world today. Many people are wondering what is happening with all these disasters, wars, worldwide economic woes, animal deaths and a general degredation in society. And the Bible has the answer. They are the signs that the end of the world as we know it is close.
Christ said Himself ..."So likewise ye,when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors"(Matthew 24:33). We know that we cannot fix a date, but we know the signs.
In Daniel 2, verses 31-45, we have a prophecy of all the different kingdoms that were to rule the world from the time of Babylon, right up until the end of the world and the second coming of Christ (destroying rock). And where are we today? We are in the feet of the image. Amongst the divided kingdoms of the world.
So this prophecy alone tells us that this generation is living in the "end times". And when did the "age" of the feet begin? In A.D.476.
We have been in the last age for over 1500 years! Conflict and war rages across the globe. Disaster after disaster unfolds upon the nations. Economies are collapsing around the world. Animal life is diseased and dying. And wickedness and sin is rampant. Do you have eyes to see what is happening? God is giving us plenty of warning!

Sign 1- Ability to Enforce Mark of the Beast
Revelation 13:17 .....'And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.'... We are told in this Bible verse that during the last days the beast system would enforce the world to take the mark of the beast.
Now carefully think about this one. It says in Revelation 13 that those who don't take the mark will not be able to buy or sell. So what needs to happen for this prophecy to be fulfilled, to stop people from "buying and selling"? We need to get rid of cash right? And replace it with an electronic form of payment. It would then be easy to press a button and freeze the finances of any person who refuses to go along with the beast. Has this been possible in the past? No, because we did not have the technology to do it. But now we do have the technology and the people in control are actively pushing for this to happen today. This is a sure sign of the end times that we live in.

Sign 2- Perilous Times Shall Come
2 Timothy 3:1-5 .....'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.'... The Perilous times are here, and will continue to get worse. There are protests, riots and uprisings all over the world today. The economy worldwide is in trouble and everything just seems ready to explode! And this plays into the hands of the beast power who can bring the "solution" to the troubles of this world. But that solution will be a deception.

Sign 3- Those Who Destroy The Earth, God Will Destroy
Revelation 11:18 ...'And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.'... This applies to the end time signs and is an amazing one that many people miss. What could man do to the earth throughout history? Not much, other than sling a few arrows and rocks and dig the ground with a shovel. But what does man do to the earth today? We destroy with great weapons of war and massive industry. Pollute the air with chemicals. Pollute the waters with oil and other toxins. Destroy the forests and so on. And as you will see from the list of mass animal deaths, the animals are dying in great numbers because of it.
There is no other time in history where mankind was destroying the earth like we are today. This is a sure sign of the times.

Sign 4- False Christs and Prophets
Matthew 24:4-5,11 .....'many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ .... and many false prophets shall arise and deceive many.'..... With this one, we tend to focus on the "false Christs" and forget that the sign also includes false prophets and preachers. Sure, we have certainly had many characters claiming to either be Christ, or a special "chosen one". And it doesn't stop there, as there are many new age, spiritualist, and satanic cults in the world today that deceive the masses.
But we now also have a world full of false prophets, preachers and movements like never before within the churches that preach error and deceive millions of people. For example, the prosperity gospel preachers who focus entirely on material wealth and prosperity and do not convict people of sin.
And the only reason people are deceived by these is because they don't study the Bible. We need to test everyone against the Word of God to see if what they are preaching is the truth.

Sign 5- Famine
Matthew 24:7 ....'and there shall be famine.'..... We are living in such a time of famine and hunger all over the world today, that there are thousands of people dying of starvation EVERY DAY. What makes this even more sad is that the amount of food that is wasted by the rest of us could feed these poor people who are starving to death. God will judge everyone for what we have done, or what we DIDN'T do.

Sign 6- Earthquakes in Diverse Places
Matthew 24:7 .....'and earthquakes in divers places.'.....
Costa Rica sees increase in seismic activity during past 62 years.
Over 3,000 noticeable quakes hit Japan in 2012.
Over 5,000 earthquakes hit Mexico in 2012.
Koreas experienced twice as many quakes in 2012 than in the past.
The world is now experiencing 3,000+ earthquakes every month!
Jesus Christ said that there would be earthquakes in "diverse" places, and that prophecy is certainly being fulfilled.

Sign 7- Killed For Your Faith
Matthew 24:9-10 .....'Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.'..... Christians are being persecuted and killed all over the world for their faith in Christ Jesus, especially in places like China, Russia, Africa, Iraq, Israel, even here in Nigeria, etc. And soon this persecution will rise up in the western world when the mark of the beast is enforced. The Roman Catholic Church killed tens of millions of Christians during the dark ages between 538 - 1798AD, and this evil will rise again just before Jesus returns.

Sign 8- Sinful Society
Matthew 24:12 .....'And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.'..... Idolatry, Adultery, Violence, Lust, Greed, Homosexuality, Theft, Lying. Just take a look around you and you will see the world is abounding in these sins, and not just the heathen world, but also WITHIN THE CHURCH! The love of many have certainly "waxed cold" and the fact that many professing Christians believe that the ten commandments are no longer binding, then naturally sin is going to increase.
Look at how society was just 50 or so years ago. People could leave their houses unlocked without fear of a thief entering the house. People dressed more modestly and women were not dressed in a "sensual" way. People were a lot more "pious" and caring and courteous towards one another. But today, society has degraded to an all time low.

Sign 9- People Will be Lovers of Pleasure
2 Timothy 3:1-5 .....'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall belovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'..... Again, take a look around the world today and you will that this Bible verse above concerning the end times is being fulfilled. Now notice that it says people will be lovers of PLEASURE more than lovers of God, and that they SEEM to be Godly, but in reality they are Christians by name only. This is a perfect description of the church today.

Sign 10- War and Rumours of War
Matthew 24:6-7 .....'And ye shall hear of wars ..... For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.'..... Many people mock and say that this isn't a sign of the end times, because all these things have been happening for centuries, but when you look at the stats you can see that the frequency and intensity is greatly increasing. For instance, over the past century there has been well over 200 wars and conflicts that has brought about the death of well over 150 million people. And there hasn't been one single day where a war or conflict hasn't been fought.

Sign 11- Knowledge Shall be Increased
Daniel 12:4 .....'even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.'..... This Bible verse concerning the end times can have two applications. The first is applied to Biblical knowledge concerning Bible prophecy. Since 1844 the truth of Bible prophecy has been opened up to God's people like never before and He now has a remnant church with the full truth. The second application is that of worldly knowledge. Just look at how much technology has developed over the past 50 years. We have seen an incredible increase of knowledge there.

Sign 12- True Gospel Preached Throughout the World
Matthew 24:14 .....'And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;and then shall the end come.'.....Jesus said that "THIS GOSPEL", meaning the TRUE gospel must be preached and then the end would come. This true gospel is being preached through many websites, not forgetting the pulpit, tv, radio, books etc. The gospel of Christ Jesus is now reaching the ends of the world and the return of Jesus is in sight.
GET READY! He is coming soon!

180 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 07, 2015
Been hearing and reading about the End Time since Jehovah witness days. Make God bless man , even our kids would read this same story.

FTC sunday.. Soft grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2015
The image of Daniel

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 12:32am On Jun 07, 2015
mistypiper:
Been hearing and reading about the End Time since Jehovah witness days. Make God bless man.
The whole event stated 1500 years ago and we are at the final stage now.
It's interesting as things are unfolding just as has been prophesied thousands of years ago.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by dddrexjr(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2015
pls m a little bit confused cos almost all the successful pastors are called fake prophets,u'l hear ppl testifying dat these "men of God" are into cults bla bla bla.
so pls hu is d REAL PROHET?

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 8:07am On Jun 07, 2015
dddrexjr:
pls m a little bit confused cos almost all the successful pastors are called fake prophets,u'l hear ppl testifying dat these "men of God" are into cults bla bla bla.
so pls hu is d REAL PROHET?
Through their teachings, you shall know them.
What does the Bible says? What are they teaching their congregation? Most of them only talk about properity and miracles and never real repentant and sin.
Most Churches have missed it, even when teaching about the coming of Christ, they teach what's not in the scripture.
The teaching of eternal hell fire, rapture, trinity, the changing of the Seventh day Sabbath to sunday etc, are all false teachings.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Firefire(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2015
Maranatha!

6 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by tejpot(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2015
Surely, all the days of my life I shall dwell in the abode of the Lord. Forever. Let him that has ear, listen to what the Spirit is saying.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by oppybouy(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2015
Lord forgive me of my sins, for I sinned like a motherfucker this weekend!

6 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by godofwar666(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2015
Father forgive me all my sin cause i have sinned and am here before you... I still have a lot to learn. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Datas121(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2015
May God help us to scale through in Jesus name! Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Matttthew(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2015
undecided
Make God help us to serve Him adequately in this perilous times.
Especially me.

7 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by drizzytee: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
. It would then be easy to press a button and freeze the finances of any person who refuses to go along with the beast. Has this been possible in the past? No, because we did not have the technology to do it. But now we do have the technology and the people in control are actively pushing for this to happen today. This is a sure sign of the end times that we live in.
booof!!! like in cartoons right? grin

newsflash:we are not a bunch of 11 year olds. angry

There is no end time, when you die thats your end time-thats how i feel. None of the points you highlighted above is new, those things have all been going on since the days of the dinosaurs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
even this post na endtime post

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
Rubbish

I heard that when I was just 5 years
We are in a world that will never end. Stop all these stupid posts pls.
We all are God... Read how I realised am a god and how I took control of my life. Today am the happiest man on earth cos I have learnt how to use my divine power

www.nairaland.com/2338294/must-read-why-how-became

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by maggilove(f): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
This write-up is absolutely true, let's keep praying we will not get carried away by the lust and pleasures of this world. Once again Jesus loves you, repent.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by ibkgab001: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
True Religion

4 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Proffdada: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
God bless you OP

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
What about the Sepp Blatter's resignation,British referendum, Jonathan's defeat and corruption probe? The Bible missed those ones?

5 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by sanandreas(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
I want to make money and marry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by WhiZTiM(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
End time things.... grin ...#ETT ... Recall that period here on Nairaland?

... Well, we must keep eternity in view. What we have is now. We don't own tomorrow (no matter our plans)

Think of succession!
If you are married, does your spouse knows your estate details? Including ATM pins, Next of kin... ...etc.

If you are unmarried, who should benefit from your years of hard work when you die??

We don't think about these, but we should at least once a year.... ... Because your beneficiaries will change over time

3 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by adexsimply(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
End times will never end ni? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by moscobabs(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
When every topics from some group of people or Forum like this are the only one making frontpage.....that's one of the signs of ends time

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Signs Of The End Times by calabaman(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
time to ammend my ways shocked shocked shocked

after the hustling in 9ja... I MUST MAKE HEAVEN OOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of The End Times by jamace(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the world remains - world without end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by toboy: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
I beleive you OP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by uromicom: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2015
k
Re: Signs Of The End Times by AWONEYAN(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2015
True

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of The End Times by ImperfectMe(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2015
i never believe in this endtime hoax....We're keeping score in terms of Believers
vs. Non-Believers, when the battle is between
Terrible People vs. Good People. If you're willing to fight for a good cause by expending
money or time in a world where we're constantly
strapped in....by making the world a better place in all our endavours....you can worship Amadioha for all I care

1 Like

Re: Signs Of The End Times by freecocoa(f): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2015
Like there's any new thing on your list besides technology getting better.

Sinful world indeed, like there's anything done now that's not been done before.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.