Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

No Parrot Owners Here? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Parrot Owners Here? (78902 Views)

Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners. / Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by crystalfarmer: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2015
Hello pple, good we have this trend.
Pls where can I can I get a parrot that could talk and what should be my budget.
I will really appreciate.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by crystalfarmer: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2015
KingAfo:
Not all parrots talk. Buy the one that talks from us. From SA
KingAfo. kindly drop ur contact pls
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by crystalfarmer: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2015
KingAfo:
Not all parrots talk. Buy the one that talks from us. From SA
KingAfo. kindly drop ur contact pls
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Homar(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2015
I-never-have-seen-a-parrot-before-but-my-mother-said-she-had-during-her-teenage-age.it-calls-the-owners-and-his-family-name.and-it-also-says-shut-up(i-hope-u-know-why).

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Electronzeez(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2015
jbonito:
How do I get one? Price ? Logistics and all. Thanks

If you don't like noise, do not get yourself a parrot.

I was the happiest when our parrot pack off, she eat every minute, talk from morning till night . Whenever she is hungry she whistle my name loud angry.

She eat cooked beans and soaked corn .

I was very happy when she was dead, she is very difficult to manage, you can never keep her shut. She is very violent , always ready to attack when it took long to bring her food.

It's two years now, I don't pray dad bring home another cause I swear I will kill it angry

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by tolutweety(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2015
There was one in my compound where I stayed before.

'Koto' was such a company ,but could be a noisy thing sometimes.
She knows everyone in the compound, and says 'hello,welcome' to unknown faces.

I look forward to getting mine,when I have the time n space for a pet.

6 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by picknstake: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2015
TODAY WE HAVE ADD A THREE PART PREDICTION FOR YOU TO SELECT FROM ALL FOR FREE. HURRY NOW BEFORE MATCHES KICK OFF AT [url]picknstake.com[/url]
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2015
my elder sister used to keep one before,mehn the parrot make noise pass generator..grin and the parrot is a great stalker...anything u say when coming into the house the parrot will say exactly the same thing to my sister...but the parrot can be very wild when hungry,I was glad my sister took the parrot to her new home wen she got married...I don't like noise..grin ..

but one thing I like and am going to miss about the parrot is her sense of humor,the parrot will make u laugh and laugh,and when she mocks u na that one go make u laugh fall down sef..my sister got hers at 28k ...but trust me the money is worth it...parrots can offer u 5hrs comedy daily...grin that is if u have trained the parrot well..and make sure u get a young parrot that is less than 3 months...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by rman: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2015
slyng:
Eku ainise

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Acidosis(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2015
u must be a witch grin
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by vicdamm(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2015
sainty2k3:

Annoying as how. Can someone pls clarify the disadvantages of keeping parrot , cos I'm seriously thinking of getting one soon, but some comments about parrots being annoying is scaring me o
No d parrots Annoyance was my fault (i guess)
I cldnt train her so she kept pecking my hand real hard.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Mavelshee(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2015
koboko69:
I used to have one I kept for ovee 3 years. I later started calling it Scofield cos....no matter how u secure the cage....it breaks out and wait for you on the cotton railings. When u try to open rhe cotten....it will just scream at you....more like I AM HERE!!! Ntorr!!!!

The prob o.had with it...is that it was destructive..there was no point locking it up again. It enters anywhere it likes at will. I later gave it out to mu cousins. They let it out in the compound. It made some friends....and they thought it how to fly again....that was the end.

Bwahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by rocoh(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2015
Please where can I get one.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Fawklicant: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2015
I used to own 4 parrots back in the day. Two very violent ones (one specie like 'merlin' above) and two other beautifuuuuuuul ones. The pretty ones had tails as long as 8-10 inches or maybe more. Very graceful. The violent ones would attack anything that came close to their cage.
Always alerted us when anyone was approaching our stairs. Noisy during the day, but calm at night. Always pulled a Houdini in their escape stunts. You could come out to see wiregauze bent or broken to facilitate their escape. Scoffeild of prison break would have marvelled at such art. grin

I miss them though it been so many years. One died naturally, one did a jail break and never returned, the meanest did a jail break and got bitten on the neck by a monstrous rat accross the next street. The prettiest also died in the same way, rat bite to the neck in the same street.

4 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Talk2SeaL: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2015
How can you recognise d once that talk, n what do eat n wat is poison to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by elbinmanny(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Meet mine his name is sucre very aggressive n destructive . How do I calm him down..im not the type that cage pets though.
He leaves the house for his early morning routine destruction outside and comes back through the kitchen window cheesy

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by PheemySamuel(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2015
Hi, please does anybody know i can buy a parrot. And the cost price
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by dejibuoy(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Wow intrestin dis is lovely

1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by powerfulsettingz: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2015
our neighbor use to have one parrot until she tells the thieves that came where oga kept the money, so sad those had to kill it not to be exposed by this same parrot

5 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by dejibuoy(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2015
dejibuoy:
Wow intrestin dis is lovely
wow
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by abdulb45: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2015
embarassed cry
beautycrush24:

Someone brought mine to market for us. He's my brother's friend. So we bought from him. We bought 2 for 45k (wit d cage). But i'm sure its way cheaper than that. They sell in apapa and i've seen in festac too. If you want one that talks, go for african grey. I dunno how much it costs though.

i used to hav 1 african grey wich i bought 2geda with d cage for abt 10k bt later had to buy a bigger cage. it was fun havn it arnd especially wen it started calling my sister's name since i was nt arnd. nd she lyks saying "wowo" since my mum calls her dat most tyms. i missed my aku so much embarassed
beautycrush24:

Someone brought mine to market for us. He's my brother's friend. So we bought from him. We bought 2 for 45k (wit d cage). But i'm sure its way cheaper than that. They sell in apapa and i've seen in festac too. If you want one that talks, go for african grey. I dunno how much it costs though.

i used to hav 1 african grey wich i bought 2geda with d cage for abt 10k bt later had to buy a bigger cage. it was fun havn it arnd especially wen it started calling my sister's name since i was nt arnd. nd she lyks saying "wowo" since my mum calls her dat most tyms. i missed my aku so much

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2015
jbonito:

Ok angry. Well I don't av a parrot, but I find dem very interesting. I do av dogs though. Planning on getting rabbits too soon.
do you operate a zoo in your house?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by macphilip: 10:07am On Sep 26, 2015
PheemySamuel:
Hi, please does anybody know i can buy a parrot. And the cost price
Easily available in major markets.
costs around N25k in Lag
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by prettyjo(f): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2015
interesting thread. am beginning to love parrots.

5 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by megawax8: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2015
have finally found a pet i could love.

I soooooo want one cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by philo3(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2015
just passing
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by kuzee(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2015
beautycrush24:
Small but mighty. Her name's merlin
When she means to scream, just forget about sleep. Only during the day though.
We're looking to get her a bigger cage so she wont feel caged. She's been with us for 2yrs now.
what is their life span?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Sermwell(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2015
I really don't know why its expensive in the south here! My dad bought two from the north for 30k(although they were less than two months old). They are so trained now that they can sing some hit songs like 'lompopo' ,'shoki', 'sekem, etc

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by dasean1(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2015
mine smokes weed

7 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2015
younghartz:

Your merlin looks like my simon
If you could watch,simon was outside d house resting on my hand

Won't it fly away? How do u control it when outside it's cage?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Olayinka777(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2015
I have five beautiful African grey talking parrots. They are so entertaining & fun to be with, they are about 3 months old. Four of them are available for sale. I'm based in Abuja.

2 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by goldfish80(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2015
I once had a parrot named suzzi. She calls me Niggaaaaaa! And screams Jesus! When she's hungry, she only eats uncooked groundnuts. I left it with my aunt on my vacation only to be told she committed suicide. I was devastated.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.