Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

No Parrot Owners Here? - Pets (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Parrot Owners Here? (78895 Views)

Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners. / Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Blackbelly(m): 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
ibietela2:

Blood of Buhari
Really? How come?
Check my diary
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
Blackbelly:

Check my diary

Huh?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Blackbelly(m): 7:26am On Jul 01, 2019
ibietela2:

Huh?
check my diary on my profile, you may also find some tips to help train your bird
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2019
Blackbelly:

check my diary on my profile, you may also find some tips to help train your bird

Alright
Thanks
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2019
Blackbelly:

Have you noticed these before in your bird?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2c1cxHcizQ
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2019
By the way guys i own a pet blog o https://petcrub.com so if you have any tips to share let me know.

Also how do i know if my bird is a male or female? Because these creepy stuff is scaring
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Og2drake: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2019
Any parrot for adoption love to have one but cannot afford it promise to take care of it very well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Blackbelly(m): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
ibietela2:
By the way guys i own a pet blog o https://petcrub.com so if you have any tips to share let me know.

Also how do i know if my bird is a male or female? Because these creepy stuff is scaring
Aww...this is lovely to watch.. this is courtship display in African Grey parrots when they take particular interest in their mate (in this case the handler). The head bobbing is an attempt to regurgitate food to feed the love interest... Lol I suspect your bird may be a male, judging from it's desire to mount your leg hehehe... I miss my bird
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
Blackbelly:

Aww...this is lovely to watch.. It's courtship display African Grey parrots display when they take particular interest in their mate (in this case the handler). The head bobbing is an attempt to regurgitate food to feed the love interest... Lol I suspect your bird may be a male, judging from it's desire to mount your leg hehehe... I miss my bird

This is creepy o....
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Blackbelly(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
ibietela2:

This is creepy o....
lol it isn't creepy really, it's just the way parrot show their affection. I'm still surprised that parrot is still aggressive towards you, mine got tamed in just few months. Probably you don't yet understand your bird's actions yet
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
Blackbelly:
lol it isn't creepy really, it's just the way parrot show their affection. I'm still surprised that parrot is still aggressive towards you, mine got tamed in just few months. Probably you don't yet understand your bird's actions yet

Very aggressive.... Bites passersby, even gave my gf injury she almost stabbed it to death.

He mimics things, even call names of my cousins and "oboy".. Ringtone and notifications grin
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Blackbelly(m): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2019
ibietela2:

Very aggressive.... Bites passersby, even gave my gf injury she almost stabbed it to death.

He mimics things, even call names of my cousins and "oboy".. Ringtone and notifications grin

It's expected for parrots to bond to just one person and become aggressive to others. it's normal behaviour and it shouldn't be crucified for it smiley
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ibietela2(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Blackbelly:

It's expected for parrots to bond to just one person and become aggressive to others. it's normal behaviour and it shouldn't be crucified for it smiley

He bites me too and wouldn't come closer, i just tire
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
og2drake:
Any parrot for adoption love to have one but cannot afford it promise to take care of it very well

smiley
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by WalkerMichael(m): 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
teflondoncuzo:
Let's set the facts straight here, parrots are lovely birds and a good pets to have but u must know how to handle them cos they can injure, it's best you get them when young if u really wanna handle them and you must have time for your bird, now there are over 300 species of parrots and not all can talk. The one with the best ability to talk is the African grey parrot also know as the Timothy parrot. Because a parrot has the ability to talk doesn't mean it would, it needs training and needs to be kept where it would hear people talk all the time so preferably it's best it's kept indoors, feeding shouldn't be a problem cos there food are not expensive they fruits and nuts. For those who want to get parrots in lagos I have a contact who can get you the parrot of your choice

Hi bro. Can you please share the contact. I'm in Lagos and I just developed interest in on keeping a parrot as a pet. Will love to get one.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Floki737: 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
They are bird harnesses for sale on jumia, for those that will like to take their birds outside without the fear of them flying away.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Floki737: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Please you guys should click this link to join our Facebook parrot group. It's going to be a very social and educational group.
https://www./2543325409067212/
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by exxells(m): 5:04am On May 15, 2020
Anyone have a male and female parrot for sale?

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by axaxi: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2020
i have a blue parrot. He's really cute but annoying in the morning lol he always wakes me up, he can speak some crazy words like hello, mom, and dad. He taught them because my little son keep saying them. And he is changing his feathers these days which is normal and with every changing the tail color change between red and orange, I used to leave him home alone 3 days or more with enough amounts of his favorite bird peanuts and i’m sure he was enjoying his time alone cause he likes it. I’m planning to find him a cute wife soon if anyone close here with a cute female parrot ?

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Floki737: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
axaxi:
i have a blue parrot. He's really cute but annoying in the morning lol he always wakes me up, he can speak some crazy words like hello, mom, and dad. He taught them because my little son keep saying them. And he is changing his feathers these days which is normal and with every changing the tail color change between red and orange, I used to leave him home alone 3 days or more with enough amounts of his favorite bird peanuts and i’m sure he was enjoying his time alone cause he likes it. I’m planning to find him a cute wife soon if anyone close here with a cute female parrot ?

Dope.
Bro please can u post pictures of your bird.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Cowbell521: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
My house is already noisy, to add a parrot is suicide!
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Cowbell521: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
dasean1:
mine smokes weed
grin grin
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Cowbell521: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
VellyG:
My parrot ... Was bought b4 I was born 33 Yrs old . Speaks Igbo , pidgin and English lang.
Is it still alive?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by NewDelhi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
moredolu:
Just got my dream pet I wish I'll be able to train him to talk . He's Marcus
There are over 350 species of parrots and they have an heiracchy (talking perspective). African greys , Amazon and macaws are the best talkers. Senegalese should be among the top 20. They are however quiet and gentle compared to other species

Cc Baroba
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
NewDelhi:

There are over 350 species of parrots and they have an heiracchy (talking perspective). African greys , Amazon and macaws are the best talkers. Senegalese should be among the top 20. They are however quiet and gentle compared to other species

Cc Baroba

scammer. How come you know something about everything
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
NewDelhi:

Cc Baroba

Thief
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
NewDelhi:

Cc Baroba

which specie of parrot are you?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by lydiaebane(f): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2021
Llke
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by lydiaebane(f): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2021
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by lydiaebane(f): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2021
I need Senegal parrot in Lagos, where can i buy it? 08184511508

smiley
Same here I need a parrot, I don't know where to get one
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by PetsAirways: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
Meet Oscar, my favourite bird pal, for over two years. He is a white cockatoo, otherwise called Umbrella cockatoo. He is talkative. Loves attention. Very selective with his nuts — he only wants exotic nuts. And he doesn't like veggies �
When he is out of the cage, he wants to inspect the whole house and sometimes tricky to get him back in check. But then, he is a sweet boy. And yes, he loves to bark like a dog and to scream hello at everyone who comes near. What I like most about him is the way he looks at strangers — you know that demeaning, evil look? Lol Oscar is a character and definitely fun to be around.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.