Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 (135573 Views)

The 6 Nigerians Who Helped England Win The U20 World Cup(pics And Bio) / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup On June 11 At 8:30am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by pythondjango(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pls i don't deserve to be tantrumed by manu lovers.What i stressed out was that,manu allowed some strings of resentment to becloud his sense of reasoning and he came to this competition with faulty formation and tactics from Brazil game by putting 4 in the front while leaving midfield to be at ill and for the second game against korea,he got things changed and even though i didn't watch the match but saw the clip and wit told him to stick to that against hungary and luckily he got away with that but for this game,he came into this with no game plan and too much respect for the overhyped germans,though i am not insinuating that german lads are not good but i believe we can beat them if the coach was intelligent and tactically savvy in that game.So i am not against him because he lost but because he made glaring mistakes and hold grudges against his best when he should have been maturely intelligent to iron things out amicably with his lads without affecting fielding his best on the pitch to deliver result first.If a coach is good and he lost,i will not for a single reason abuse him for the lost,i would know that he couldn't do more than that.A case of example,is juventus loss to barca.I hoped i made my point!
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by A40(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
ortopazz:

baba still vexes me that we lost the game, that attack line was just too perfect, everyone knew their position, its rada unfortunate that Moses simon came to this tourney and played less than twenty mins,,,,, isaac , yahaya .......Good God .......
Are they injured? Why did Simon and especially Yahaya not play? Abi dem no gree drop Roger for Garba?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
NiRfreak:
i finally give up on u........ode.......

Lolzz mumu
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by oloriooko(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
mistytohcute:

yes or no

I don't have time for this
Yes and no grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Chanchit: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
HRich:
Fans like you still put the blames on Coaches.

Guy abeg I don even forget the match, I knew we can't win that match, so I didn't bother watch the second half. Till date Samson Siasia still remains my best Nigerian coach cos he thinks like a fan, he has a tactics for each match but all this akanchawa coach weh full nigeria now hmmmm, enough said.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Sunnypa11(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
German captain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Badosqi(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:
just watched a YouTube video of Moses Simon... and all I can say is Manu Garba is a fool...
Mention me with brain otherwise... one person go deactivate him nairaland account...
oooh you've watched that guy's clip too, mehn that boy is a baller I don't just understand the issue MANU garba have with these foreign guys yahaya, moses, success and iheanacho. It costs us the tournament at last.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sunnypa11:
German captain
9js wasting talents since amalgamation grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by tonididdy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sunnypa11:
German captain
they prolly overcharged the poor lad who just wanted but to serve his contree
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by pythondjango(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chanchit:

Guy abeg I don even forget the match, I knew we can't win that match, so I didn't bother watch the second half. Till date Samson Siasia still remains my best Nigerian coach cos he thinks like a fan, he has a tactics for each match but all this akanchawa coach weh full nigeria now hmmmm, enough said.
Thumbs up,so far that is Nigerian best tactical discipline coach we have now,others are ego-bloated goatees.He may lose but i don't have any regret because i like his play pattern.Who watched him and Emmanuel babayaro on nta in d morning, those guys knew tacticalness of football,they knew their business quite well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Cannonleo(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
ozijay:

I no know say i get brother wey sabi vex like this too.... this was the same thing i expected. You are championing a team that has got nothing to offer in the first half yet you let all them start the second half without changes. believe me our boys have being playing with combined effort ever since the incision of Nigerian coaches. if our boys was left to make decision on stage trust me they will make better decision.

what a waste of time. i pray Samson Sasia prove them wrong introducing the likes of kelechi and awoniyi on their right positions.
damnnn my brother it is so annoying,just hope super falcons put some smiles on my face again
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Cannonleo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sunnypa11:
German captain
whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

and we have been punished for it
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by yomiomotehinse(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hi fellows
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
if manu garba like make dey beef nacho, him no fit terminate his contract with Man city. the man is too proud of himself. nacho, abeg just from there travel back to England for your pre- season jare.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by samueld0(m): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Samunique:
Imagine a coach who left the best goal keeper and player of U17 on the bench throughout the championship!!!

Is that not ediotic

He should go back to under 17
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by onos217(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
please,you commentators should save the coach all this criticism.What if the super-bench-warmer are not fit.Should he still go a head and play them?What if he played them and they failed to live up to expectations.The same people will come calling for his head.So people, you win some and loose some.That's the way game goes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Chanchit: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
pythondjango:
Thumbs up,so far that is Nigerian best tactical discipline coach we have now,others are ego-bloated goatees.He may lose but i don't have any regret because i like his play pattern.Who watched him and Emmanuel babayaro on nta in d morning, those guys knew tacticalness of football,they knew their business quite well.

Of cause I watched him, you cn't just help but be happy by the way he analyze the match, he was just unlucky, afterall Keshi too failed to qualify us for the ANC but still retained his job.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Akinz0126(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mehn this german guys are Tall and I expect our guys to be mindful of down throu pass nt Up throu.Well 9ja guys r just lyk tom while german are lyk Jerry.But they tried a lot especially that our goalKeeper just lyk when cassillas of madrid was young and vibrant..
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by robosky02(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
femolala001:

Game dey! Game dey! Half time don reach o, no sign of improvement!

how you see the boys lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeeCodeman:

[b]Oh, you didnt watch the game? I'm happy you didnt because this game was painful to watch.

Let me tell you what happened:

From the blast of the whistle, all Nigerian players went defensive. We hardly did anything with the ball for the first 15 minutes. We left Awoniyi to be in front with no support. Anytime Sokari got the ball, he plays it to the opponent. Our wings was so flat that when their Captain, who is the right back, gets the ball, he comes into our half to torment us. They had a couple of balls in our area and wasted them. At a time, a fluke shot was thrown at our keeper, while he attempted to save it, the ball passed between his hands over his head and it was a goal.

After the goal, we knew we needed to score so Sokari got the ball and still kept giving it to the Germans. Bulbwa was supposed to be a winger but he was often found in our own half. Savior was the only outlet who took on players but there was no support since Awoniyi is often far away.

Our midfield was completely non-existent.

What would you do when it was halftime? What would the previous Manu Garba have done? Yeah right, you would have removed Sokari and Bulbwa for a start and play pacy players like Simon or Iheanacho or Ifeanyi to help the midfield and offer respite to the defence. Right?

Not the Manu Garba of today. Guess what he did? He did NOTHING. We continued playing like we had done in the first half, this time around Germany saw that we had no intention of winning the match and came out more. Now, our goalkeeper became very busy. To be truthful, he saved alot of shots, but I'm not surprised. They are saves he should save.

So what did Manu do? Guess again? Wrong, he removed our only outlet, Saviour Godwin and introduced another striker. Now the situation was worse now that the gap between our midfield and attack became very wide. Sokari was very useless by always conceding possession and, Success and Awoniyi were very isolated.

All this while, we still had NO SHOT ON TARGET.

Guess what Manu did next? You guessed right, he removed Sokari but this time on the 80th minute. Guess who he replaced him with? YOU ARE VERY WRONG!

He brought in a defensive midfielder when you fvcking need a goal and left proven goalscorers like Kelechi, Simon, and Yahaya on the bench.

Then we played and played like that until the referee blew.

Did I say that we did not make a third substiitution? Oh, we didnt. Manu wants to use that as a souvenir.

THE END.
[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by iPopAlomo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Badosqi:
oooh you've watched that guy's clip too, mehn that boy is a baller I don't just understand the issue MANU garba have with these foreign guys yahaya, moses, success and iheanacho. It costs us the tournament at last.

A frontline of moses at the left wing, yahaya on the right wing, success as striker and nacho to support would strike the fear of God in any u-20 team...
this debacle is most shocking... but I'm waiting for his post tournament report before I lay into manure garbage full-time...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
Badosqi:
He doesn't have the technical know-how to use them so he had to remain rigid with his mediocre tactics. Pathetic for Nigerian football!
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Goke7: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Theflint1:
bro, we lost 1-0, not 7-0. With some right playing and coaching we would have gotten something outta d game.

It would have been indeed 7-0, if not for our goalkeeper, that was how better the Germans were, Let's not assume too much but admit that we met a superior side, simple.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Goke7: 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
obichiekweibe59:
The boys suffered inferiority complex from the start.Even the coaching crew could not move.Was it freezing there?
The germans were not so superb,they just intimidated our boys with the assistance of the officials.

Above all i still wonder why ihenacho,nwakali,chidera were not integral part of this team.They have played tgethr for long and should have continued so.The coach over assumed and thats all.Let them disperse from there.We need a fresh team.

You just nailed it there, its called exposure, how exposed are our players and coaches especially at the level at which the Germans were?

The guys are talented o, they should be promoted to the super eagles fast, it was just a bad day please
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Theflint1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Goke7:

It would have been indeed 7-0, if not for our goalkeeper, that was how better the Germans were, Let's not assume too much but admit that we met a superior side, simple.
The competition is still young. When the Germans meet a better organized side u wud see they ain't as good as you think.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Goke7: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

But, the Coach did not make the right changes. If you are meeting a super side, the best so far in the tournament, why go 80mins with only one change and the wrong one.

Its all assumptions my brother, the Germans understood our game better than we even understood our own game, making changes wouldn't have made much difference in my opinion, its all assumptions and remember we have our goalkeeper to thank if not the Germans would have won by at least 5-0. The bulk of talent that we have was not enough to unplug the Germans.

But I am beginning to think the temperature of the location played a part, as its not summer time in that part of the world like we have in europe now I mean it was very cold down there
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Goke7: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Theflint1:
The competition is still young. When the Germans meet a better organized side u wud see they ain't as good as you think.

My guy have u thought about the weather in New Zealand, heard it was about 0 degrees in the city where the guys played, some of our players are not used to that kind of temperature considering their little experience. That is nothing to the Germans you know.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by uzolexis(f): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Terrible coaching even with the Super Falcons. What's with our Nigerian coaches sef
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by donem: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dannyandre:
GERMANY deserved to win
Dey were more techically sound dan Nigeria.fault of coach garba
Ow will u tell ur boys to play long balls wen de Germans re fuckin tall as hell
The shortest german player is 6ft 3 and yet u tell dem to play long balls

you spoke well, but not sure u know the meaning of 6ft 3inc height, to insinuate the shortest German was up to that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Niyinficient(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I have nothing else to add. You said it all.

Eeya! Dis tin really pain dis guy o! Guy, no vex! Better luck next time wit better coach who has a better game plan!
Am sure if Ronaldo and Messi were to be Nigerians, our coaches wud av killed their career at youth level!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 by Theflint1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
Goke7:

My guy have u thought about the weather in New Zealand, heard it was about 0 degrees in the city where the guys played, some of our players are not used to that kind of temperature considering their little experience. That is nothing to the Germans you know.
maybe that was a factor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply)

Super Eagles Off To Russia In Matching Green And White Outfits / Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / All Nigeria Bookmakers Match Codes And Odd. Bet Predictions Just Got Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.