Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? (564 Views)

How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health / Nigerians Rate Buhari Poor In Economic Management – Vanguard Poll / Buhari's Poor Performance: When The Bell Rings Twice - Sam Omatseye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by stelaar(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
I mite be wrong, I mite just be wrong so forgive me in advance just in case you have facts against my opinion.

My question is Did President Buhari ever mention that He was poor?

I noticed a lot of modest stories about the President are quotes from 3rd parties and never direct from Himself.

We come to find out that some people give an Impression they are poor but in reality very wealthy just because they prefer not to brag
Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by DickDastardly(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari is the Barabas the hypocritical Jews chose over Jesus.
@ topic, yes he is a pauper. Are you blind? Can't you see how skinny and emaciated he looks. He is even in a heavy debt of N27m he borrowed to buy election form. He lives in a mud house in Daura.
Yes he is said be worth more than N900m. Thats a very poor old man.

1 Like

Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by omenka(m): 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
First, Buhari never said he is poor. He isn't, was not, and will never be poor.

When people say he is "poor", they are speaking in comparative terms.

Now, Buhari has headed the most lucrative offices in this country yet remains a very modest man. When you compare what he owns, or the life he leads to those displayed by ordinary Perm Secs in a Federal Ministry, you'd understand why people say "he's poor".

I hope I helped.

1 Like

Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by Reptyle(m): 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
The man never said he was poor.

Been a man of modest means does not necessarily mean you are poor. Even if we do not yet have a clear idea of what is contained in his asset declaration form, we do know by his own admission that he owns a thriving farm in Daura with at least 150 heads of cattle. We also know he owns at least one house in Kaduna and another in Daura.

We also know he draws pensions from the army as a retired general and from the government as an ex-president. We also know that he was a rallying point and enjoys a lot of goodwill in the northern part of the country. That does not strike me as a man who is poor in the true sense of the word.
Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by nke001: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
Tunubu is buhari's financial minister, Amechi his bank.

"My Dad is poor that is why I shop at Gucci"

Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by genearts(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari never said he is poor, and he cannot be poor.

For the fact he said he had N1M as at the time the presidential form was out does not mean that his entire net worth is 1M.

In a man's life there are times you are financially sound and there are times you are financially down, its totally normal. There would be times when Buhari might have had up to N300M (for example) due to good returns from investments and there would be times he won't have much such as the time the presidential form was out, but that does not mean he is poor.

Bihar is a modest man when you compare the positions he has held with his worth.

2 Likes

Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by vedaxcool(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari is not poor, a poor man can't own two houses or 150 cows, or earn monthly pension. So it is wrong to say it is poor. What we do know is that he is ok and a contented man with his current wealth!
Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by cbi24: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigerians have brains oooo

#Tell Them
Re: Perception Vs Reality, Is President Buhari Poor? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2015
That Buhari doesn't have the same amount of money and houses like other retired generals and presidents doesn't mean he is poor. The word, poor is relative. For how long are some people going to live with the mentality that you must be corrupt before you get rich?

God bless the President.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Neither Know God Nor Believe In Him -buhari / Wike Dissolves All Boards, Parastatals In Rivers State / Do Not Pick Any Call From 033592..it Is Mtn's Way Of Stealing From Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.