Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 AM

What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? (2133 Views)

Guard Your Eyes And Ears; You Are A Product Of What You Hear / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / 10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Have been atheist since back in day I discovered the truth about religion,its relevance, irrelevance and why its been institutionalized into human race,human life and human co-existence.

I'm gonna try as much as possible not to disrespect or bash the believers or their acceptance of religion because I was once one when I was young and dumb but prior to a curious and empirical fact seeking mind I possess,have been able to outgrow the religion phase of my life some years back.

That been said,As a proud atheist which I am,I carry myself with that attitude like seeing myself as been different, wherever and whenever the roll call is been taken,at any gathering am present in. Now,being atheist is almost synonymous as you being a student of life with no acceptance of the metaphysical or supreme being,keeping an open mind to learn about you and man co-existence but in the school of life,there isn't graduation,according to Henry Ford,"man begins to die the day he stops learning". So,to get to where am at,I sacrificed things like no sleep,reading whatever I laid my hands on and staying open minded. Right,As proud atheist that I am I tell it to whomever tries to slam their religion down my throat or in the middle of discussions affiliating to religion stories and theirs looks, response would tell me they feel irritated by it and in most case start to question my faith,origin and wanting to know more about me like I was some rapper off the chain who just sold 5million LP copies in just one week.
One time,I had an argument with a pastor in school(uniben) after I admitted being atheist and I was shock after out talking him intelligently,he said,he's tired of his pastoring work,he don't get money but only gifts like suits,bibles,olive oil e.t.c and am like dang! people are crazy and till date,he still blow up my phone for us to talk more about religion and its shortcoming.I also get pissed off looks from other people but I don't like it get to me.
So house what's yours?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by CountDracula(m): 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
See u are nthng, ure nt different or special or shiit. Years from nw u wil die and rot like dora akunyili is presenty rotting, wether u believe or u dnt wil b meaningless now, u wil understand everythng wen ure dead, dts wen we all see d evidence or absence of evidence as d case maybe so shut ur fvckin tits and stop thinkin of urself as an intelligent being cos u dnt believe in any God, ure nt!

1 Like

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by yemmit90: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Here is a country that is full of hypocrites. you rarely see people admitting they are atheists. Therefore, Nigeria atheists also go to Church or Mosque.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
CountDracula:
See u are nthng, ure nt different or special or shiit. Years from nw u wil die and rot like dora akunyili is presenty rotting, wether u believe or u dnt wil b meaningless now, u wil understand everythng wen ure dead, dts wen we all see d evidence or absence of evidence as d case maybe so shut ur fvckin tits and stop thinkin of urself as an intelligent being cos u dnt believe in any God, ure nt!
Right,This was exactly how delude I was until I outgrew the religion phase of my life.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by amnesty7: 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Atheists only claim to be so while at peace. No atheist in a lion's den.
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by yemmit90: 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
CountDracula:

But why are you coursing and insulting the guy?

Didnt you understand the concept of 'FREE WILL'?
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Bunker1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hell... my mind always go to...na so person sign Hell
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by brize(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
Antheist!!!!!! I always tell them to be pure in heart and to do things to others the way that they themselves will also wished to be treated........ Its only when we die that we will all know the truth.... Muslim, christian, antheist, pagan...... Living good is always good... You need a good conscience to survive this earth and not purely religion

3 Likes

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
I tell u most solemnly, U are missing! A lot of tins!!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
CountDracula:
chill. He z nt even moved by anytin u say! So save ur strength
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by kevoh(m): 6:37am On Jun 08, 2015
Rosemary216:
I tell u most solemnly, U are missing! A lot of tins!! .
List ten concrete things he(the OP) is missing just for being atheist!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by menesheh(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2015
CountDracula:

How do you know with certainty the becoming of you or him after death.

Live your life to the fullest and avoid doing stuff capable of harming your fellow human or even yourself knowing fully well that it all ends here the way other animal species die without invoking the super natural.

False hope is one of the great misconception and delusion delusion human ever invented via their complex cognitive brain.

1 Like

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by CountDracula(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2015
Rosemary216:
chill. He z nt even moved by anytin u say! So save ur strength
Saving...
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by CountDracula(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2015
yemmit90:

But why are you coursing and insulting the guy?
Didnt you understand the concept of 'FREE WILL'?
Pls, which course did u see in wat I wrote?
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by CountDracula(m): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2015
aaronson:
Right,This was exactly how delude I was until I outgrew the religion phase of my life.
If u think there's any delusion in my write up, ure nt very intelligent
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2015
CountDracula:

If u think there's any delusion in my write up, ure nt very intelligent
True! Because delude people never see themselves delude.
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by CountDracula(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2015
aaronson:
True! Because delude people never see themselves delude.
Sure, ure a good example of ur above statement
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2015
CountDracula:

Sure, ure a good example of ur above statement
funny when you refer an atheist to be in your shoe
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Great... Atheists are a step closer to the truth than Christians and Muslims.

Someone may wonder "what truth?"

The truth is;

We are all connected, nothing happens by chance, everything happens as we want them to happen (knowingly or unknowingly).

There's only one God. And that God can't exist without us, we can't exist without It too. That God is you, and you're him. That God is in everything you do. God is not a being, it's not evil or righteous. We just don't know the power we possess.

The choice is yours to be good or bad(good and bad is relative tho').

Finally, your connection to your real self(GOD) are your thoughts.

Take it or leave it. There's no truth greater than this.
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
CountDracula:

Saving...
lol... gud move!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
kevoh:

List ten concrete things he(the OP) is missing just for being atheist!
are u d OP?
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by kevoh(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rosemary216:
are u d OP?
Don't dodge the question and No, I don't need to be. You have made an assertion about atheists of which I'm one. So what are we missing? smiley
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by kolajamesjnr(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rosemary216:
are u d OP?
Answer the d guy!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
kevoh:

Don't dodge the question and No, I don't need to be. You have made an assertion about atheists of which I'm one. So what are we missing? smiley
There is no one right answer to this question, no answer that's going to be good for all people. I respect ur belief, not challengin it and i choose to avoid this question.
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by kevoh(m): 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rosemary216:
There is no one right answer to this question,
Of course there is/are.
Rosemary216:
no answer that's going to be good for all people.
All people or atheists? You sounded so confident and knowing a lot of what he/we might be missing but all of a sudden matter don change .

Rosemary216:
I respect ur belief, not challengin it and i choose to avoid this question.
Respect? Ok. Challenging? Definitely! You can not say you are telling me solemnly, that I am a missing a lot. And then choose to avoid the question of what you mean by a lot.

You have challenged my awareness(concerning atheism) already ! Don't go away I want to learn!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
kevoh:

Of course there is/are.
All people or atheists? You sounded so confident and knowing a lot of what he/we might be missing but all of a sudden matter don change .

Respect? Ok. Challenging? Definitely! You can not say you are telling me solemnly, that I am a missing a lot. And then choose to avoid the question of what you mean by a lot.

You have challenged my awareness(concerning atheism) already ! Don't go away I want to learn!
nope, nt sayin anytin else
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by djdoxxx(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rosemary216:
nope, nt sayin anytin else
females(dum-best Specie Of Mankind)...U R A Perfect Example Of One Too,mention 1 Thing Atheists R Missing If U Find 10 Things Hard To Relate, Self-made hypocrite!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by Rosemary216(f): 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
djdoxxx:
females(dum-best Specie Of Mankind)...U R A Perfect Example Of One Too,mention 1 Thing Atheists R Missing If U Find 10 Things Hard To Relate, Self-made hypocrite!
no insults pls, it shows immaturity! I will choose what to answer and what not to. I won't stay here and argue over religion with u!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by okeke00(m): 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
brize:
Antheist!!!!!! I always tell them to be pure in heart and to do things to others the way that they themselves will also wished to be treated........ Its only when we die that we will all know the truth.... Muslim, christian, antheist, pagan...... Living good is always good... You need a good conscience to survive this earth and not purely religion
i just wish every other person can reason like you

1 Like

Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by djdoxxx(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rosemary216:
no insults pls, it shows immaturity! I will choose what to answer and what not to. I won't stay here and argue over religion with u!
no One Said Anything About Arguing,read All D Posts Again...We Are Only Asking What We Are Missing,and Dats All...So It Would Be Matured Of U To Know The Difference Btw 'an Argument And A Question'...And For The Insult,dat Wasnt An Insult,its A Pure Undenying Fact... i Dont Argue With Dumb Or Stupid People,they Would Only Drag You Down To Their Level Of Stupidity And Beat U At It...End Of Story!
Re: What's Your First Thought When You Hear Someone Say They Atheist? by onetrack(m): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
When someone tells me they are atheist, I think "congratulations my brother/sister!"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam And Was Tortured For It- Story Of Waleed Al- Husseini / TITHING: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG. / Redeemed Pastor, Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.