Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,782 members, 7,798,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. (13855 Views)

Is It Advisable To Change From 5w40 To 5w30 Oil To Service My Car? / Coastal Engine Oil 5w30 And Mercon V Atf Needed Urgently / Morgas 5w30 Oil Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Ebi4life: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
the oil specification in my toyota corrolla 2007 model is 5w30, but I am using Amasco oil because of the non availability and expensive nature of the 5w30 oil. will it affect my car engine?
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:41am On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:
the oil specification in my toyota corrolla 2007 model is 5w30, but I am using Amasco oil because of the non availability and expensive nature of the 5w30 oil. will it affect my car engine?

Amasco = palmoil

6 Likes

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by jum33: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:
I think it is more expensive to replace a complete engine due to non adherence to simple manufacturer instructions than than use common 6k to buy recommended engine oil .
Using heavier oil especially 20w50 oil will impose more stress on your engine and it will have to work harder to overcome the exra load imposed leading to more fuel consumption .
Also ,your engine will not be protected at cold start cos the oil viscocity is higher and will not flow @ low temperature leading to tear and wear in your engine .
Lastly you spend more cos you cannot get the protection u get from synthetic oil so your engine tend to generate more deposites from wear & tear which leads to kazeems eating more from hard earn money .

2 Likes

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by honmusa(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:
5w30 full town o @ affordable price .
Your Engine will require 5 llitres of 5w30 ,u can call autologic @ 08061166316 to place your order for 5 litres of 5w30 synthetic blend coastal oil @ 5,900 or 7 litres 5w30 Lubex fully synthetic oil @ 7,600 .
Distribution available nationwide even to your door steps.

1 Share

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by abatically(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:

And amasco oil rating is what? 70w100?

6 Likes

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by oa1eng: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:

You don't need to damage your engine because of money. Yes, the engine can endure bad oil but does not mean it is not affected. A 5W30 is what the manufacturer specified for your engine and it's better you use the specific oil weight if you want to enjoy optimum performance on your engine and also saves fuel. Try Lubex SYN 5W30, I bet you will enjoy the oil.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Ebi4life: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
oa1eng:

You don't need to damage your engine because of money. Yes, the engine can endure bad oil but does not mean it is not affected. A 5W30 is what the manufacturer specified for your engine and it's better you use the specific oil weight if you want to enjoy optimum performance on your engine and also saves fuel. Try Lubex SYN 5W30, I bet you will enjoy the oil.

what is the price for 5 litres? does it require treatment. I saw milemaster 5w30 oil made specifically for toyota corolla, the price is 8,000 naira. it is too expensive.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by jum33: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ebi4life:
what is the price for 5 litres? does it require treatment. I saw milemaster 5w30 oil made specifically for toyota corolla, the price is 8,000 naira. it is too expensive.
All Synthetic oil doesn't require any further treatment cos it contains all the require chemical additives to clean your engine inside and out.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by dhemmyhardy(m): 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Ebi4life. Enough have been said about the Manufacturer
Recommended engine Oil and how good they can make your
Engine last and perform well.

If you need the 5w 20, 5w 30 for 5 liter you can contact me at
My signature we also do delivery round the country so why
Don't you get yours now?

Dhemmyhardy
08/06/2015
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Ebi4life: 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
dhemmyhardy:
@Ebi4life. Enough have been said about the Manufacturer
Recommended engine Oil and how good they can make your
Engine last and perform well.

If you need the 5w 20, 5w 30 for 5 liter you can contact me at
My signature we also do delivery round the country so why
Don't you get yours now?

Dhemmyhardy
08/06/2015
what is the price for 5 litres
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Ebi4life: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
jum33:

All Synthetic oil doesn't require any further treatment cos it contains all the require chemical additives to clean your engine inside and out.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by honmusa(m): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
Ebi4life:
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to make enquiry.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Segzie8180: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Ebi4life:

Lubex oil is not as expensive, you can get a 4 litres 5W30 as low as N5,000 or less. You can patronise Autologous, he posted the picture of the 7 litres and you can also get it at Ogba a little after Excellent hotel round about where I bought mine
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mobil1 5W30
Total 5W40
Toyota 5W30
Toyota 5W40
Toyota 5W20
Penzoil 5W30
Castrol 5W30

All these oils cost around 8-12k for 4liters, any one selling synthetic oil less than 6k is selling rubbish.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by dhemmyhardy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ebi4life:

@Ebi4life: the price is 6500 for the full synthetic 5 litres 5w 20 , 5w 30
Just call and make your order
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by jum33: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Mobil1 5W30
Total 5W40
Toyota 5W30
Toyota 5W40
Toyota 5W20
Penzoil 5W30
Castrol 5W30

All these oils cost around 8-12k for 4liters, any one selling synthetic oil less than 6k is selling rubbish.
What research have you conducted to arrive at this conclusion ?Where is the link to this your fallacy of hasty generalization ?are u chemical Engineer professional or just a glorified Kazeem that has opportunity of life time to scribble rubbish on public domain ?
Pls shut up if you dont have any fact to substaintiate your statement .
I have been using synthetic oil @ price lower than 6k for my corolla 03 and I can see better good improvement than when using more costly brand .IF you interested in a particular brand and you need info ,check reviews instead of using price to categorize the better oil and casting stones.

3 Likes

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
jum33:

What research have you conducted to arrive at this conclusion ?Where is the link to this your fallacy of hasty generalization ?are u chemical Engineer professional or just a glorified Kazeem that has opportunity of life time to scribble rubbish on public domain ?
I have been using synthetic oil @ price lower than 6k for my corolla 03 and I can see better good improvement than when using more costly brand .IF you interested in a particular brand and you need info ,check reviews instead of using price to categorize the better oil and casting stones.

There are better choice of words.

You have been using it and it works for you, beautiful, that's your opinion and you put it out there, I don't get to insult you cause you put it out there.

6 Likes

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by jum33: 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
dhemmyhardy:

@Ebi4life: the price is 6500 for the full synthetic 5 litres 5w 20 , 5w 30
Just call and make your order
@Gazuz ,see what u caused now ,6k is now the yard stick to determine original oil
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
jum33:

@Gazuz ,see what u caused now ,6k is now the yard stick to determine original oil

Total quartz 7000 is semi synthetic oil 15w40 and was sold for 3500 2years ago. Presently it's sold for 4700 and there's a promo going on, you get 1liter free.

I'm using total quartz 7000 as an example here.

The craze for "synthetic oils" made a lot of companies cash in on an untapped market of naive car users, who were ready to pour in "manufacturer" specific engine oils in their vehicles just because the containers were labeled "synthetic" oils.

I dare any of you pouring any engine oil into your engine that costs less than 6,000 to take a pic of the container of the portion that states "FULL SYNTHETIC OIL".

What you guys buy online are semi synthetic or "a blend of synthetic" oils whic is basically a 30per mix of synthetic to mineral oil.

Will continue this at 11pm tonight, just warming up
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
http://www.veromon.com.ng/617-milemaster-5w-30-motor-oil/details.html

MileMaster 5w-30 Motor Oil
Semi-Synthetic Motor Oil recommended for petrol powered Cars, Suvs, Vans, and Light Trucks.

DETAILS
Meets latest SAE standards for high temperatue/high shear viscosity as well as low temperature start-viscosity.

Contains detergents that protect against sludge and maintain engine cleanliness

Special Anti-wear agents protect against engine wear.

API SN, Resource Conserving, & ILSAC GF-5 Rating.

Sold in 5qts gallon.

Car Manufacturers recommended viscosity for selected 1995 - 2015 Cars, Suvs, Vans, & Light Trucks.

Contact Us
Solutions Plus Ltd,
297 Borno Way, Yaba
Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: 07081609482, 07067009400, 09096851969
Email: solutionsplusltd@gmail.com
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
http://www.petroleumservicecompany.com/coastal-syn-blend-5w-30.html

76 & Coastal Synthetic Blend Motor Oils

Coastal Syn-Blend 5w-30 Engine Oil
COASTAL SYNTHETIC BLEND 5W-30 MOTOR OIL

Coastal Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Motor Oil Description

COASTAL SYNTHETIC BLEND 5W-30 MOTOR OIL is a premium-quality, high detergent automotive engine oil specially formulated to meet the stringent lubrication requirements of today's engines. A unique blend of synthetic and high viscosity index Group II mineral oils combined with a carefully selected additive package, provide maximum protection against wear, rust, corrosion, oxidative thickening, acid formation, sludge and varnish deposits.

Coastal Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Motor Oil Benefits

Improved fuel economy
Increased sludge protection
Enhanced piston cleanliness
Increased emission protection
ILSAC GF-5 Resource Conserving formula
Coastal Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Motor Oil Application

COASTAL SYNTHETIC BLEND 5W-30 MOTOR OIL meets or exceeds the requirements of GM 6094M (SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30) and Ford WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20) and WSS-M2C946-A (SAE 5W-30), Chrysler MS-6395 (SAE 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30). Meets Toyota Specifications, and Honda Service Fill Specifications (SAE 5W-20, SAE 5W-30 and SAE 10W-30). All grades meet or exceed API Service Category SN, SM, SL, or SJ and comply with ILSAC GF-5 requirements.

http://www.petroleumservicecompany.com/coastal-syn-blend-5w-30.html
$0.01
Coastal Syn-Blend 5w-30 Engine Oil

Item #: coastal-syn-blend-5w-30

Product OptionsClick on the product image to see further details or select quantity
for one or more items and press "ADD SELECTED TO CART"
Select Qty

12/1qt.case$25.29

Select Qty

55gal.drum$343.75

Description
Additional Information
COASTAL SYNTHETIC BLEND 5W-30 MOTOR OIL

Coastal Synthetic Blend 5W-30 Motor Oil Description
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just warming up.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by dhemmyhardy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
jum33:

@jum33 I don't need to wait for gazzuz to determine my
Price I have been selling this for some time now.........people have been buying from me prior to gazzuzz comment here at that
Price
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
jum33:

IF you can read, you will notice I have posted evidence that you have been using semi synthetic engine oils, in layman's terms 70per, Mineral oil mixed with 30per synthetic oil.

Personally I feel it's a scam buying semi synthetic for 6,000 all in the name of 5W30.

You were quick to tell me to "SHUT UP" it's a good thing I did not.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by conyema12(m): 5:57am On Jun 10, 2015
jum33:

Your approach is very wrong man. You have no right to talk to people like that. He is not far from the truth.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Segzie8180: 11:39am On Jun 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Mobil1 5W30
Total 5W40
Toyota 5W30
Toyota 5W40
Toyota 5W20
Penzoil 5W30
Castrol 5W30

That is your perception ..... Lubex oil have never disappointed me. All these brands are just taking advantage of the market because these specifications are new to us in Nigeria. Toyota does not have a blending plant, they work with engine oil manufacturers that produces these oil in their name.
Automedics is known in Nigeria as a professional auto workshop and they recommend Lubex oil as a very good oil. You can get to buy Lubex oil at their office. Even the company that sells it run currently advert in Punch on every Sunday.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
Segzie8180:

That is your perception ..... Lubex oil have never disappointed me. All these brands are just taking advantage of the market because these specifications are new to us in Nigeria. Toyota does not have a blending plant, they work with engine oil manufacturers that produces these oil in their name.
Automedics is known in Nigeria as a professional auto workshop and they recommend Lubex oil as a very good oil. You can get to buy Lubex oil at their office. Even the company that sells it run currently advert in Punch on every Sunday.

That's y it is good to READ before commenting

Lubex 5W30 is sold for 7,600 naira and is labeled FULL SYNTHETIC.

GAZZUZZ:
Mobil1 5W30
Total 5W40
Toyota 5W30
Toyota 5W40
Toyota 5W20
Penzoil 5W30
Castrol 5W30

I'm not an engine oil marketer like most of you, but I do drains and refils on a daily basis, I see the damage caused by substandard oils, I see oil quality from drains that lasted over 6,000miles from quality engine oils and from substandard oils, so it's easy to tell what is palm oil rubish and what is good.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by iCool(m): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Can I safely say using Lubex oil is as good as using the Mobil 1?

Update: Did a search and the Lubex oil is Full Synthetic.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Macmilla(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Amasco = palmoil
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Segzie8180: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

That's y it is good to READ before commenting

Lubex 5W30 is sold for 7,600 naira and is labeled FULL SYNTHETIC.

I'm not an engine oil marketer like most of you, but I do drains and refils on a daily basis, I see the damage caused by substandard oils, I see oil quality from drains that lasted over 6,000miles from quality engine oils and from substandard oils, so it's easy to tell what is palm oil rubish and what is good.

N7,600 is not the price of 4 litres, it's the price of 7 litres. I know what I am saying. The 4 litres is cheaper than that and it's only one place you can buy it from. watch out for Lubex advert in Punch newspaper and you will find different addresses and phone numbers of places you can get it from including the company's office address at Ikeja.
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by Segzie8180: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
iCool:
Can I safely say using Lubex oil is as good as using the Mobil 1?

Update: Did a search and the Lubex oil is Full Synthetic.

Perfectly yes. It is European standard oil
Re: Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
A lot of engine oil marketers on this thread.

Meanwhile even HONYEYWELL noodles have started selling synthetic oils. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much / The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.