Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 (2911 Views)

Depressed Over Lost Feelings, And We Are About To Get Married. / Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? / Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by Kisson: 5:23am On Sep 17, 2006
Please help me.  I have two questions== First, how do I stop showing my reaction on my face when my man unwittingly hurts my feelings in front of other people? embarassed embarassed  Second, how do i deal with my man who is sometimes passive aggressive toward me? sad

Also because some people thought I meant he was hitting me, this is the definition of passive agressive:

a method of dealing with stress or frustration, it results in the person attacking other people in subtle, indirect, and seemingly passive ways. It can manifest itself as resentment, stubbornness, procrastination, sullenness, or intentional failure at doing requested tasks. For example, someone who is passive-aggressive might take so long to get ready for a party they do not wish to attend, that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive.
Someone who engages in passive-aggressive behavior will typically not confront others directly about problems, but instead will attempt to undermine their confidence or their success through comments and actions which, if challenged, can be explained away innocently so as not to place blame on the passive-aggressive person.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by Coco29(f): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2006
girl is some thing wrong with you? what the hell do you think we will say, leave the man.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by desiree(f): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2006
Kisson:

Please help me. I have two questions== First, how do I stop showing my reaction on my face when my man unwittingly hurts my feelings in front of other people? embarassed embarassed Second, how do i deal with my man who is sometimes passive aggressive toward me? sad

Any man that shows any form of aggressiveness toward a woman is immature and cannot be converted, so do as coco said and leave him. Please do so while you still have all of your body part intact.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by luvlymoi(f): 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2007
theres no need to pretend, tell him how u feel or leave him alone, he is not worth u pretendin to be alrite wen ur not.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by Busta(f): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2007
all this passive and aggressive english doesn't help.

u know exactly wat to do.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by Akinagirl(f): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2007
why are you askin
and why are you taking this type of abuse? its not rocket science either say something to him or leave him!
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by IBDat(m): 1:38am On Apr 22, 2007
DAMN!!!!!!!! The guy hasn't done anything wrong embarassed

@Kisson QS 1 - Simply stop wearing yo emotions on yo sleave - take it in, pause, smile - dismiss it - don't dwell on it!
QS 2 - Call him up on it, let him know that u're not his punching bag and for him to direct his frustrations to the relevant party/situation.
Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by Kgdavid(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2010
desiree:

Any man that shows any form of aggressiveness toward a woman is immature and cannot be converted, so do as coco said and leave him. Please do so while you still have all of your body part intact.

plz learn to read

Kisson:

Please help me. I have two questions== First, how do I stop showing my reaction on my face when my man unwittingly hurts my feelings in front of other people? embarassed embarassed Second, how do i deal with my man who is sometimes passive aggressive toward me? sad

Also because some people thought I meant he was hitting me, this is the definition of passive agressive:

a method of dealing with stress or frustration, it results in the person attacking other people in subtle, indirect, and seemingly passive ways. It can manifest itself as resentment, stubbornness, procrastination, sullenness, or intentional failure at doing requested tasks. For example, someone who is passive-aggressive might take so long to get ready for a party they do not wish to attend, that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive.
Someone who engages in passive-aggressive behavior will typically not confront others directly about problems, but instead will attempt to undermine their confidence or their success through comments and actions which, if challenged, can be explained away innocently so as not to place blame on the passive-aggressive person.

Re: Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 by elseohjay(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
I laugh when I read some response like "leave the man", "he's not worth it" etc. It shows that a lot of people still do not understand that men and women relate to issue differently for most part.

@OP: Communication is essential here. Have you tried discussing the issue with him? How much of him do you know i.e personality, demeanor etc? Has he always been like that? Are you aware of any reasons or incidence btw you two that might be influencing his demeanor? I ask because, for all that matters, he may not even be aware that he does these things, let alone how it makes you feel. I know it sounds prudish to most women, but men in general are not always cued into emotions as most women do. You owe it to yourself to let him know what he does and how those actions make you feel. If he is matured enough, loves and respect you, he should come through with whatever it is that is going on or better still allay your fears and change his demeanor accordingly.

Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

7 Surprising Signs He'll Never Marry You / What Kinda Random Gift Do You Give A New Girl / Why Beautiful Women Love Ugly Rich Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.