Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible (1024 Views)

Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / The Reasons You Should Believe In Christ,rather Than Religion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by abdulreal(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2015
He never saw Jesus and was never prophesies by anyone.
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 09, 2015
The same reason u believe the other parts of the bible!
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by winetapper: 8:02am On Jun 09, 2015
vfactor:
The same reason u believe the other parts of the bible!
a cup for you bro #Thumbs up

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by abdulreal(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Paul a self acclaim prophet.
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by lomprico(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2015
Op, I see ur point. Tbj comes to mind grin (pentecostal rule for being a pastor )

1 Like

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2015
abdulreal:

Can any muslim tell us why we should believe mohamed's tales in the quoran?

1 Like

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by jcross19: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
abdulreal:

then why should you trust mohammad , who told you to watch your nose because shaitan might hide in your nose.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Scholar8200(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ just like Peter , James and John. The latter group accepted and respected him as such. By the way it's not 'Paul's words'.

Any reason why the words he penned down under the Holy Spirit's inspiration should not be believed?
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Anas09: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
These muslims are so delusional. because mohammed claimed he was a prophet, they feel every character in the Bible is a prophet.
Hey, Paul was an Apostle, not a prophet. By all means mohammed wants to be countered amongst the biblical characters. What a fraud.
To answer your question. Ur believe in mohammed the thief is enough. We don't need u believing in Paul. We christians don't believe in Paul the Apostle. We believe in christ. Good radiance to bad rubish.

5 Likes

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by enilove(m): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
You cannot blame the Muslims can you
How do you expect them to understand things of God ?

THEY ARE SLAVES .
You can believe muha ,the child of the devil , who could not preach to convert people because God could not wrath any miracle through him since he was of the devil , but had to kill people , like what the Book haram are doing , to get followers .

We believe Paul and the disciples of Jesus believed him because God wrath miracles through him just like other apostles :

Acts 14:7-15 KJV
And there they preached the gospel. [8] And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: [9] The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, [10] Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. [11] And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. [12] And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. [13] Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. [14] Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of , they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

CHRISTIANITY WAS SPREAD BY SIGNS AND WONDERS GOD PERFORMED AMONG HIS PEOPLE AND NOT BY KILLING AND SEXUAL PERVERSION :

Acts 19:10-19 KJV
And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks. [11] And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: [12] So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them. [13] Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. [14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. [15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. [17] And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. [18] And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. [19] Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men : and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST TODAY AND DEPART FROM THE PATHWAY OF HELL WHICH MUHAMMED AND SATAN HAS PREPARED FOR HIS FOLLOWERS .

THE FRUIT OF ISLAM IS HATRED ,KILLING AND SEXUAL IMMORALITY .

4 Likes

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by kay1one2(m): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Even your English shows you shouldn't be given attention.
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Medicis(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2015
Pls someone should help me tell dis guy dat Paul was formerly known as Saul in Act 13:9(Then SAUL, who is also called PAUL, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him) and that he he met the Lord Jesus Christ in Acts Chapter 9:5. 1.And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am JESUS whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

23 And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:

24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.

25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.

27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.

29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.

30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.

31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

33 And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.

34 And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.

35 And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.

36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.

38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.

39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.

40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.

41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

43 And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On May 30, 2023
abdulreal:
Jesus Christ told you to believe in Him alone and obey only Him. undecided
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by PoliteActivist: 1:01am On May 31, 2023
abdulreal:

To candidly answer your question, Lord Jesus is an eternal Spirit that inhabited a certain body some two thousand years ago. Seeing or meeting that body He inhabited is NOT what counts. What counts is seeing and meeting the Spirit. And in that regard Paul was no less than any apostle that met or saw the body.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2023
How did Paul letters/correspondence to his friends 2000 years ago become the world of God??

1 Like

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Maximus692(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2023
Why are you people responding to a dead man? undecided
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by PoliteActivist: 1:31pm On May 31, 2023
sonmvayina:
How did Paul letters/correspondence to his friends 2000 years ago become the world of God??

This below from 1st Corinthians 7 will give you an idea

Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On May 31, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ This below from 1st Corinthians 7 will give you an idea
That assumption that there comes from God is in direct conflict with Jesus Christ who instead warned that

■ those who will follow Him will abandon husbands, wives, children, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, etc., in order to become worthy of Him.
■ Your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Suggesting that different laws exist for the married and for the non-married suggests that Jesus Christ changed His mind about all being equal in the Kingdom of God and that is against Jesus Christ. undecided

God has no hand in your marriages, and God has not commanded any man or woman to endure the travails of marriage for His sake. God made this abundantly clear by way of His teachings and commandments which He gave to us all through Jesus Christ.
■ Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. God washed his hands off marriages from Genesis 3 vs 16 after Adam literally accused God of giving Him a wife who caused Him to sin against God.
■ Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him will abandon father, mother, husband, wife, even children in order to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 - so, again, God has no interest in your staying married no matter what. Your ideas of marital sustenance amount to bullsheet/meaninglessness where God is concerned.

25 Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them,
26 If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life!
27 Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower. - Luke 14 vs 25 - 27
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39
■ Jesus Christ, to those who are married, made it known that divorce isn't a sin for those who wish to follow Him. This all means that those of you who choose to sit tight in marriage have absolutely nothing to do with Him in your decisions - Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32 & Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9 & Mark 10 vs 10- 12 & Luke 16 vs 18
■ Furthermore, in Matthew 19 vs 12, Jesus Christ announced that God's blessing rested rather on those who would choose to live their lives as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom meaning they had God's blessings, something the married cannot boast of.

So, there is no reason to try to hide what is in fact of the world of men behind the many mentions of that which relates to God. No matter how many times you do that, you will never be able to change the fact which is that, as God has made clear, your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
abdulreal:
How could he have been a prophet if he ended up a follower of Jesus Christ, a Kingdom of priests, not prophets - Exodus 19 vs 6 ? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Church Of God(seventh Day) To Elect New National Members In Nigeria / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. / Victory Victory Halleluyah, Halleluyah, Halleluyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.