Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072773 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Team16

I don't die d matter my sister.. Carry Go! May it be done to you according to your faith!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
NittaJ:
@Team16

I don't die d matter my sister.. Carry Go! May it be done to you according to your faith!
oshe. One love. I wish you well in all your endeavors to be great. See you on top.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
aretheytheron:

Have you submitted your pp? If yes, when did you?
I submitted my pp on May 12th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Edoblakky, bro please I saw you are going to Ucalgary. Please, I'll like to know which course you are going in for and how long it took the panel to offer you admission. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
ANYBODY GOING FOR UG IN UOFL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Moheat(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Part 8 will be accompany with do much testimonies. Insha'Allah

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team16:
[color=#006600][/color]. Greetings @all. please, I'll like to know if there's anyone in the house applying to Ucalgary, U Alberta n U Saskatchewan for spring 2016 admissions in MSc/PhD chemical engineering department. Please let me know. Thanks

I applied to Ualberta dept of Che/Mat Engr. What help do you need?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
Filling the visa application form:

I am having problems filling in the part that asks "Expenses in canada will be paid by" since both my parents and my aunt are helping with my funding and the indicator only shows "Myself, Parents and Others"

How do I get ahead of this problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fablady:

I applied to Ualberta dept of Che/Mat Engr. What help do you need?
thanks for reaching out to me. Is 92 really the cut-off mark 4 the toefl score. 2. For some one with BEng Nigeria n Msc Uk. Should the person write the toefl. That's my 2 questions for now. I'll let you know if other questions should spring up.
Also, how are you coping. Have you been able to get a supervisor?. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team16:

thanks for reaching out to me. Is 92 really the cut-off mark 4 the toefl score. 2. For some one with BEng Nigeria n Msc Uk. Should the person write the toefl. That's my 2 questions for now. I'll let you know if other questions should spring up.
Also, how are you coping. Have you been able to get a supervisor?. All the best.

No you do not need TOEFL if u schooled in the UK. I have an MSc from the UK and English test was waived for me. No I have no supervisor yet. Still searching. But my application has been approved. I will strongly advise you try and secure a supervisor before applying. Don't mind their rule of applying and getting approved first so you don't end up like me. I fell into that trap and it is so difficult getting out of it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Team12:
Hi guys, pls lets not spoil this PM thing for those that really need help and assistance fa. People should learn to be professional! When I reply a PM and all the person has to say is "Hello, my name is bla bla bla, how are you doing? I will like to know you better..." it makes me wanna puke! So when next I wanna reply a new PM I become extra careful. This is not a platform for pen pals. You ve got facebook and the likes of badoo for all that. Please let's respect and not misuse the tools available for us on this platform...#awordisenough!
are u from ilorin, cos fa is mostly used in kwara state?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pinkygrace(f): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pls can upfront medical be done in IOM IKEJA, and the requirement
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mizIvy(f): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=asihap post=35253005]Helo guys! I applied for postgraduate diploma on international business in thompson rivers university, canada. But I'm a BSc holder in Human anatomy. But my reasons of going for the programm is because I intent heading a co-operative body on importion of medical equipment in delta state. My elder broda is my sponsor of about 11 million naira in his account. The problem is that I have been deny of US visa 3x. I submitted my application on the 5th of june at canada embassy in lagos. Wil there deny me my application because I was deny US visa 3x? Pls I reali nid ur reply cos I'm tense up for sure[/quote
Nope. US n Canada r two diff country so they won't refuse u visa cos of that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
juggernaut07:

Hope it will be available in Winter 2016 o...

Yea!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olanlokun07(m): 3:06am On Jun 29, 2015
Good morning my brothers and sisters,I am new on nairaland,pls I need info on how to migrate to canada to live and work,also I am a fresh university graduate,I don't know if there is a way we the mekunus can advance our study in canada(masters) due to the financial situation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 3:38am On Jun 29, 2015
olanlokun07:
Good morning my brothers and sisters,I am new on nairaland,pls I need info on how to migrate to canada to live and work,also I am a fresh university graduate,I don't know if there is a way we the mekunus can advance our study in canada(masters) due to the financial situation.
Nija, u na no dey sleep ni, well u search google with provinces u wish to go and study ok. Be happy !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by taiwokazx: 3:48am On Jun 29, 2015
Debbie4unme:
CONGRATS Taiwokazx
Would also lik to apply for the spousal work permit. Hw do i go about it pls? Considering that i ve 2 kids.
wil b waiting for ur reply thanks

@ Debbie4unme

These are list of documents I submitted

ur spouse should apply for spouse open work permit outside canada
copy of ur study permit
copy of ur visa page nd data page
letter from ur school
soa from both
marriage cert weddings pics
sop from both ( as Application for spousal open work permit)
employment letter
letter of intro from employee
pay slips
Personal Assets nd can as well include parents assets
nd make ur sop emotional nd also emphasise in ur sop that purpose of coming to Canada is to support ur spouse
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 4:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Hello house,
I have a room in a 3 bedroom basement suite for rent to a male resuming studies in fall this summer. The apt is about 3 minutes walk from University Train Station. University Station is 3stops away from SAIT and there is a Bus 20 bus stop very close for if the person will be attending Mount Royal University. It is in good condition and it is the room I stay at the moment. I'm moving out because I want to live in residence however, my roommates are not willing to leave the place thus, the need for a replacement. The cost is $500+1/3 utilities which ranges between $50 and $75 depending on the period of the year.
My roommates are Nigerians, one is from Delta and schooled at Uniport while the other is from Abeokuta, grew up in Lagos and attended Ife.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Vycta(m): 5:16am On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:
Na wah oo. we don get see new moniker by the name team16 lol.
I go modify to team27 niyen o

welcome new members

haha, hi lola wad up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 5:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Graviton2:

I am having problems filling in the part that asks "Expenses in canada will be paid by" since both my parents and my aunt are helping with my funding and the indicator only shows "Myself, Parents and Others"

Since your parent is contributing a large chunk of the Money, choose Parents, then your Aunt should state hers in her sponsorship Letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 29, 2015
GboyegaD:
Hello house,
I have a room in a 3 bedroom basement suite for rent to a male resuming studies in fall this summer. The apt is about 3 minutes walk from University Train Station. University Station is 3stops away from SAIT and there is a Bus 20 bus stop very close for if the person will be attending Mount Royal University. It is in good condition and it is the room I stay at the moment. I'm moving out because I want to live in residence however, my roommates are not willing to leave the place thus, the need for a replacement. The cost is $500+1/3 utilities which ranges between $50 and $75 depending on the period of the year.
My roommates are Nigerians, one is from Delta and schooled at Uniport while the other is from Abeokuta, grew up in Lagos and attended Ife.
I am interested, can I price it tongue
and I want the delta guyz room too. Since im no invite us for graduation parry. grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 6:01am On Jun 29, 2015
Team16:
@Edoblakky, bro please I saw you are going to Ucalgary. Please, I'll like to know which course you are going in for and how long it took the panel to offer you admission. Thanks.
I'm going for Msc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I'm actually a Mechanical Engineer working in the oil and gas industry here in Nigeria. UofC required me to get a sponsor before they offered me admission even though I had enough cash to sponsor a family for 2 years. I tried showing them my account statement but they never cared to listen. So I got a friend who had a company to sponsor me with his company's letter head. Then the admission came!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Fablady:

No you do not need TOEFL if u schooled in the UK. I have an MSc from the UK and English test was waived for me. No I have no supervisor yet. Still searching. But my application has been approved. I will strongly advise you try and secure a supervisor before applying. Don't mind their rule of applying and getting approved first so you don't end up like me. I fell into that trap and it is so difficult getting out of it.
Thanks for the info. About the supervisor am on it now, i am waiting for the admission to come b4 I start. But my little advice, try contacting the current students of your intended supervisor and explain your situation to them and see the advice they would give. It could have worked wonders for you now if you had been in contact with them. My intended supervisor at Ucalgary, I exchange mails with his current students, am following the man on LinkedIn, yet I've not contacted the man yet cos am putting some finishing touches in my applications with the info I got from his students. So get to work, contact the students n explain the urgency. N/B
contact as many of his students as possible cos you know some will not reply your mail cos of personal reasons, don't be discouraged. Keep firing don't quit yet. Check your apps, to see what you are not doing well, repackage n refire. Fire to all supervisor's that meets your interest and forget the notion that they discuss application request with fellow colleagues. They get tons of apps all over the world, so no time to discuss each, my own take though (don't quote me). But make your apps stand out. Wishing you all the best. God's grace to you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Edoblakky:
I'm going for Msc Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I'm actually a Mechanical Engineer working in the oil and gas industry here in Nigeria. UofC required me to get a sponsor before they offered me admission even though I had enough cash to sponsor a family for 2 years. I tried showing them my account statement but they never cared to listen. So I got a friend who had a company to sponsor me with his company's letter head. Then the admission came!

Thanks Edoblakky. From my understanding, you got a supervisor first b4 the admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2015
Graviton2:

If ur parent is d Sponsor, go for parent and if you are using co sponsor go to others. Or house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2015
Wow!! Its 3 days to P.O.P (NYSC)...maybe the VO is waiting for me to round up shaa...
Goodmorning folks..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Vycta:

haha, hi lola wad up?

Still waiting. It will be 8 weeks this week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Edoblakky(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Team16:

Thanks Edoblakky. From my understanding, you got a supervisor first b4 the admission?
Yes. I called the HOD and told him my area of expertise and he suggested 3 professors. I only contacted one who agreed to supervise me. But I don't think that is the prerequisite to getting admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:

Good news is your portion this week in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:12am On Jun 29, 2015
omooba2015:

If ur parent is d Sponsor, go for parent and if you are using co sponsor go to others. Or house?

I am using BOTH my parents and a co-sponsor, not one or the other. My problem is there is only room for one - if one chose "parents" on the form, one won't be allowed to choose "others", hence only one of the indicators could be chosen at a time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:16am On Jun 29, 2015
chrisviral:

Since your parent is contributing a large chunk of the Money, choose Parents, then your Aunt should state hers in her sponsorship Letter.

Thanks, bro. Them don deliver you Kpali? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:

Be patient...Good things take time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.