Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072461 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2015
Ugochux:

Hehehehe...'Was'..lol
On Your Own..
Yeah, 'was' though but really Oyo as a state not o.y.o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2015
tnuola:

She said 'was' o, better ask her what year looool... @crich I'm not attacking now o, just suggesting a correct question
Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Cally14:

Really? What local government are you?
Ibadan. CD @ secretariat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2015
Graviton2:

Thanks, bro. Them don deliver you Kpali? grin

UPS no be am o, Na today self, VFS go get my PP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2015
Though av commented couple of times, I used to be an avid observer here...To God be the Glory, medical mail just drop few minutes ago. Here is the timeline of my application: Submission: May 6 Biometrics : May 8 Words can't express how grateful I am to evr1 who has contributed in one way or the other to this success. Special thanks to Anugoson (who vetted d Superlative SOP), Chrigo (who did an explicit review of my shortlisted school while seeking for funding), Oga Siga (while filling my app form, because I was worried my brother residing in Canada could be a major red flag to proven that am not intending immigrant), Tolyem (for his help in collection of police clearance and as well guiding me thru Lagos roads, as am not too conversant wit Lagos roads), Amefrica (for sending me samples of SOP). My regards to my pals here: Brandymcmb (ur gud news is loading), Ade bimpe, Twayz et Al...And to all Medical and Trv hopeful; may grant our heart desires. If you are heading to MUN, pls kindly signify #TeamMunites

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Cally14(f): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2015
tnuola:

She said 'was' o, better ask her what year looool... @crich I'm not attacking now o, just suggesting a correct question

My bad! Took the 'was' for 'am'
@crich So, what year? grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2015
Congrats Dpizzy..congrats grin grin grin Time to start refreshing mail ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2015
Hello Gud people. Please i need urgent help on this. my sponsor has 3 million in his account and has CS shares worth 10 MILLION NAIRA. he is willing to give me both account statements with him stating in the sponsorship letter that he will avail 4 million naira for my tuition and living expenses from the shares account. conversion from the shares to raw cash takes like 2 days. do you think this will suffix. pls advice. am going for a 1 yr PGc program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chumsyzynny(f): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:

Lol. When did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
Hi all,

I just thought to say this on the floor of the house. So people can learn while drafting their SOPs.

I have noticed that people try to paint Nigeria as a lesser country than Canada, by stating that Nigeria has a poor standard of living and education, the country is this and that, bla, bla, bla.

Please even though we all know the state of things in Nigeria, it is not wise to state it in your SOP. It is fine to paint Canada as the best place to study and all the good stuff as a reason for your choice, but leave it at that. We all know that Nigeria has issues and the VOs know it. But don't let it come from you.

Most times we wonder why some of us are denied because of "Home tie", but it might be more than having assets or a family back in Nigeria, your perception about your country matters a lot. Westerners love PATRIOTISM to the core!

If I were a VO, and you tell me bad things about your country in your SOP, I will deny you based on home tie, even though you have assets and family, because as far as I am concerned, why will you want to come back to a country that you think is poor in everything??

My advice is, when stating the reasons for choosing Canada just stop at raining down praises on Canada's economy and standard of education. NEVER say ill about Nigeria....

@team12 pls tell us the truth you are a VO

me I didn't even include SOP and I got medical mail

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:
Lol my heart dey beat to refresh mail sef.. Thank God the line is moving
Congrats @Dpizzy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennykentipsy:

@team12 pls tell us the truth you are a VO

me I didn't even include SOP and I got medical mail
Lool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:
Thnks sis! Your's next

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
loladeoye:
Thnks sis! Your's next

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
DPizzy:
Though av commented couple of times, I used to be an avid observer here...To God be the Glory, medical mail just drop few minutes ago. Here is the timeline of my application: Submission: May 6 Biometrics : May 8 Words can't express how grateful I am to evr1 who has contributed in one way or the other to this success. Special thanks to Anugoson (who vetted d Superlative SOP), Chrigo (who did an explicit review of my shortlisted school while seeking for funding), Oga Siga (while filling my app form, because I was worried my brother residing in Canada could be a major red flag to proven that am not intending immigrant), Tolyem (for his help in collection of police clearance and as well guiding me thru Lagos roads, as am not too conversant wit Lagos roads), Amefrica (for sending me samples of SOP). My regards to my pals here: Brandymcmb (ur gud news is loading), Ade bimpe, Twayz et Al...And to all Medical and Trv hopeful; may grant our heart desires. If you are heading to MUN, pls kindly signify #TeamMunites

congrats bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
So there is always an exception to every rule Mr @HayqinsBfX. I have my reasons for posting that statement. There are just some things that are not necessary. Of course you know that every case is different and some VO's don't even care about what you say in your SOP. But you never know whose hands your application will fall. Your friend's TRV is one out of many and I don't think it was the fact that he mentioned strike that convinced the VO as to why he needs to go abroad. There are more matured reasons you can give, always write positively!

I remember seeing it in your SOP and I think I deleted it (except you re-added it), because you had a better reason already stated for studying abroad and the strike thing was not really necessary. More so, you are not going for an Undergraduate program.

At Graduate level, your reasons for furthering your studies in a particular field should go beyond strikes in Nigeira....

In my Opinion Sha. No one has to agree. I just thought to mention it.

hayqinsbFX:
@team12 I agree with yuou to an extent on that.
But when you're going for a program that isn't an obvious progression from your previous studies then some bad words are allowed.
You hav to tell them why ure not satsfied after goiing through almost the same thing here in your country
Thiss would make the know that you're really pained about the state of the educational system and you solely wannnaa go abroad and develop yourself.

I stole a paragraph from a friend that got hs TrV wheree he says the incessant strikes is a major factor of wanting to school aabroad.
Do you think that's paaintng nigeia bad?

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
DPizzy:
My regards to my pals here: Brandymcmb (ur gud news is loading), Ade bimpe, Twayz et Al...And to all Medical and Trv hopeful; may grant our heart desires. If you are heading to MUN, pls kindly signify #TeamMunites

Congrats bro

Amin!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Team12:
So there is always an exception to every rule Mr @HayqinsBfX. I have my reasons for posting that statement. There are just some things that are not necessary. Of course you know that every case is different and some VO's don't even care about what you say in your SOP. But you never know whose hands your application will fall. Your friend's TRV is one out of many and I don't think it was the fact that he mentioned strike that convinced the VO as to why he needs to go abroad. There are more matured reasons you can give, always write positively!

I remember seeing it in your SOP and I think I deleted it (except you re-added it), because you had a better reason already stated for studying abroad and the strike thing was not really necessary. More so, you are not going for an Undergraduate program.

At Graduate level, your reasons for furthering your studies in a particular field should go beyond strikes in Nigeira....

You really nailed it with this post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Madam gud pm. U re so full of knowledge....I admire that. Pls I still await ur response on my SOP as u promised. Do ve a stressfree day
Team12:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
I sent you an email this morning. I requested for more information to add an additional paragraph with regards your finances.

Omonjoe:
Madam gud pm. U re so full of knowledge....I admire that. Pls I still await ur response on my SOP as u promised. Do ve a stressfree day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
DPizzy:

Congrat bro...... May God remember the hopeful applicants tooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
I did my medicals on Wednesday 24th at IOM ikeja 3 working days now.. how long does it take CIC to process the result.. haven't heard anything till now worried kinda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
someone should reply me nau. plsssssssssssss oo
favour0011:
Hello Gud people. Please i need urgent help on this. my sponsor has 3 million in his account and has CS shares worth 10 MILLION NAIRA. he is willing to give me both account statements with him stating in the sponsorship letter that he will avail 4 million naira for my tuition and living expenses from the shares account. conversion from the shares to raw cash takes like 2 days. do you think this will suffix. pls advice. am going for a 1 yr PGc program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
hello,pls wen passport is requested for whr do i take it to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
you can try get a co-sponsor, that should help
favour0011:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
favour0011:

Good morning Sir. Hope this message meets you well. Modified my comment. You will need a co-sponsor as 4m wouldn't suffice. Hmm, instead of stressing yourself looking for co-sponsor, ask you sponsor to write that he will provide you with 8m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
kfrosh:
you can try get a co-sponsor, that should help

Why get a co-sponsor. He's sponsor has 13m in total to show, right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
VFS

Chars1289:
hello,pls wen passport is requested for whr do i take it to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jessicajessa(f): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
mevisbleek:

Why get a co-sponsor. He's sponsor has 13m in total to show, right?
According to him, his sponsor is making just 4m available for tuition and living expenses (not d entire 13m with my own understanding). @favour0011, how much is ur tuition and living expenses?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
jessicajessa:
According to him, his sponsor is making just 4m available for tuition and living expenses. @favour0011, how much is ur tuition and living expenses?

Oh now I see. I failed to notice the 4m. @ favour0111, that wouldn't suffice you need a co-sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
brandymcmb:

Congrats bro
Amin!!!
Thnks @ all... deedee0, senarthor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.