Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072488 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
did you state that you have family in canada??
loladeoye:
Travel history, purpose of visit and family ties in canada and country of residence.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
Looking forward to tomorrow then as mail no gree drop...

@Ugochux, how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
@akanni I see u oo grin. I sent you an email.

***modified*** seen ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
dedicateDD:
hello house,
many a people we come to this forum just of a sudden and started quoting names..@chrigo ,@chriga.@tnuola,@TEAM12,@TEAM34@ TEAM 1 MILLION, @godson@ goddaughter, respect to ''''TEAM12 alone'''' thanking people they dont know stating they got there TRV . just to call attention of desperate people on this forum calling them self a silent follower. keep on we know who many of you are , you are all fake people working with agent.
A friend of mine nearly go dupe by some1 he met on this forum but luckily for him he is yet to pay them much before he come to his senses. STUPIDITY IS WHEN U GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL BEING POLYTECHNIC OR UNIVERSITY AND JUST COS YOU ARE DELAY ONCE U STARTED LOOKING FOR A BROKE ASS AGENT THAT DID NOT EVEN COMPLETE PRIMARY SCHOOL TO PACKAGE DOCUMENT FOR U ..pls how did you manage to gradate YOU BRIBE YOUR WAY OUT ?.
PLEASE AND PLEASE i know many are still here calling them self silent follower or whatever name u call your self , we would get you soon.. no one we arrest you,we going to used street styles before police arrive to the scene. i hope u know what that means you fake broke agent .

TO ALL DESPERATE APPLICANT BEEN DELAY IS NOT THE END OF THE ROAD AND U CAN APPLY AND APPLY AGAIN NO ONE CRIME IN THAT AND IF YOU ARE DELAY YOU NEED SELF CONTROL IF NOT DOES BROKE ASS AGENT WILL GE YOU AND YOU WILL PAY THEM MILLIONS WITH NO RESULT. REMEMBER SUCCESS S NOT BY WHO FIRST GET THERE IS BY GRACE OF GOD ..all information are on this forum. I NOTICE SOMETHING OF LATE , I WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE TURNING FORUM TO DATING SITE AND SHARE EVERYTHING IN PRIVATE

Name please?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ohk9ner: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
pcachuks:

I applied for my parent for my convocation and they got the visa in one week.What will you like to know ?

@ pcachuks,when did u apply for ur parent...

i mean year or month,want to know cause these dayz it take a long time before they grant a visitor visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Caleycash(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
Pls can someone process study and work permit for somebody else?...pls I need urgent answers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caleycash:
Pls can someone process study and work permit for somebody else?...pls I need urgent answers

Yes, but the applicant has to go for biometric
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caleycash:
It is always advisable you process your application yourself so that all documents included with your application come from you, I sure hope you are not about to fall prey to an agent who will claim all sorts just to pry money out of your hands, be warned there is nothing an agent will do for you that you cannot do by yourself, an agent has absolutely zero influence on the outcome of your application, take the time to go through this thread and you will not need anyone to apply on your behalf.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
laureek:
Each person to his faith o. From what I know, It is almost impossible to pay your tuition fee from your weekly 20 hours job.That money you get is basically for upkeep, House rent, transport and food. You will most likely get half your school fees working several hours (40 hrs or more), with may be two jobs and saving for months ONLY during the HOLIDAY and of course as a student.E go tell for body say you work sef.
If you have just 4 hours of lectures a week, you will definitely have crazy assignments that will not make you remember you need to work.You work for every cent you make in this country.Na only naija you fit sit down in front of computer dey browse facebook and you get paid for it.

Money should NEVER be the reason why someone does not attempt something. It is better to try and fail than to keep wondering whether or not you would have made it if you had tried. If someone gets admission, gets visa, and then manages to get flight ticket, haba...even if he cannot afford first semester tuition, he should by all means GO! If the door opens, by all means walk through it! If you get pushed back, hey, you'll still end up at the same spot you would have been if you didn't take the step, so, nothing spoil.

It is not only by working than people can get money to pay tuition. What if you get a scholarship in the second year? What if you get an idea that you can sell and make a breakthrough? What if someone you meet over there is willing to help you with half a semester's tuition? There are several other ways money can come your way apart from paid employment.

If you don't have money, then you don't have money! But I can bet you that it will be easier to convince someone to borrow you 100k to complete you school fees when you get stranded in Canada, than to convince them to borrow you 1k to feed when you get stranded in Nigeria.

I've used a couple of extreme examples here but my point is this: the race is not to the swift, the battle is not to the strong, and Canadian education is not to those that have the money for it. Time and chance happens to all men. When its your time you better take your chance!

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
bosypumpin:

June 12th, U of M (LL.M) ; Fall 2015; Online

June 12th ke?

Abeg you for allow MKO rest in peace na!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
ohk9ner:

i mean year or month,want to know cause these dayz it take a long time before they grant a visitor visa

Thats the detail below. Applied 14th of march and did Bio metric on the 16th march ,application approved for collection on the 23rd of march
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
ohk9ner:

Thats the detail below. Applied 14th of march and did Bio metric on the 16th march ,application approved for collection on the 23rd of march for my mum and dad.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Money should NEVER be the reason why someone does not attempt something. It is better to try and fail than to keep wondering whether or not you would have made it if you had tried. If someone gets admission, gets visa, and then manages to get flight ticket, haba...even if he cannot afford first semester tuition, he should by all means GO! If the door opens, by all means walk through it! If you get pushed back, hey, you'll still end up at the same spot you would have been if you didn't take the step, so, nothing spoil.

It is not only by working than people can get money to pay tuition. What if you get a scholarship in the second year? What if you get an idea that you can sell and make a breakthrough? What if someone you meet over there is willing to help you with half a semester's tuition? There are several other ways money can come your way apart from paid employment.

If you don't have money, then you don't have money! But I can bet you that it will be easier to convince someone to borrow you 100k to complete you school fees when you get stranded in Canada, than to convince them to borrow you 1k to feed when you get stranded in Nigeria.

I've used a couple of extreme examples here but my point is this: the race is not to the swift, the battle is not to the strong, and Canadian education is not to those that have the money for it. Time and chance happens to all men. When its your time you better take your chance!
Nice one.U just nailed it perfectly!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Beedempsey:
Hello Guyz before I start this story will lik u to kw dat every input is important as I av never been dis confused...

So I applied for visa for PGD.
So in Feb I did a test for a major pension company in Nigeria av totally forgotn abt dem as did didn't get back to me.

Recently everything just happened so fast I was called for their interview nt lng again got their medical call right about now I jst got an offer

It's a good one its not abt d money but a good place to start a career.

I need your advise do I take dis job or be going to Canada jeje.

Am a silent reader kindly help a sister..i need all d advise I can get Thank you.

From what you've written above, it is not clear whether or not you have gotten your TRV/Study Permit.

I am quite sure that when you see your TRV in one hand and your job offer in the other hand, a still quiet voice would nudge you on which of the two to embrace. Follow that voice and not any Nairaland voice.

However, if you want my advice, my very free, very biased, yet very germane advice, CARRY YOUR KAYA GO CANADA! You will always get another job but you will not always get another TRV. Which brings me back to my very first question...have you gotten your TRV?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Your contribution is a strength to the weak and a morale to those that are scare or that think they can't get to Canada if their father is not a multi-millionnaire or their parents are billionaire..... I believe many people will not relent on excuses but stick to their faith and strive hard to make it to the top......... May God's mercy and favour locate all the applications of medical and TRV hopeful and may His will be done......

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

From what you've written above, it is not clear whether or not you have gotten your TRV/Study Permit.

I am quite sure that when you see your TRV in one hand and your job offer in the other hand, a still quiet voice would nudge you on which of the two to embrace. Follow that voice and not any Nairaland voice.

However, if you want my advice, my very free, very biased, yet very germane advice, CARRY YOUR KAYA GO CANADA! You will always get another job but you will not always get another TRV. Which brings me back to my very first question...have you gotten your TRV?

Hi Mr Arise,
How are you today? I noticed you advised him to carry his Kaya and head to canada, hmm. He mentioned that he got a career job, don't you think it would be wise for him to do the job for a couple of years and go on study leave? After working in a professional outfit in canada for 5+ yrs I can categorically tell you that career jobs are difficult to come by.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

Hi Mr Arise,
How are you today? I noticed you advised him to carry his Kaya and head to canada, hmm. He mentioned that he got a career job, don't you think it would be wise for him to do the job for a couple of years and go on study leave? After working in a professional outfit in canada for 5+ yrs I can categorically tell you that career jobs are difficult to come by.

Exactly what i wanted to say , guys if you have job that pays you above 200k please just stay back in naija . he no easy for Canada oooooo......even if you get the career job here its still no easy ooooo .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
pcachuks:

Exactly what i wanted to say , guys if you have job that pays you above 200k please just stay back in naija . he no easy for Canada oooooo......even if you get the career job here its still no easy ooooo .

And what if the person is not enjoying the job and its not in line with the career u wanna build for yourself. Like having an engineering degree and working in a bank... See what I mean...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
vinegar:

And what if the person is not enjoying the job and its not in line with the career u wanna build for yourself. Like having an engineering degree and working in a bank... See what I mean...

You lucky say na bank. I have met engineers working in cheese factory/warehouse in canada. See what I mean...........
Where ever you are, whatever you do give God the glory

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thanks so much for this.... i can assure you that this lil piece of writing just lifted inspired some people. welldone
AriseOCompatrot:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by herkenorlar: 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
6th week passing out, yet no news, God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

You lucky say na bank. I have met engineers working in cheese factory/warehouse in canada. See what I mean...........
Where ever you are, whatever you do give God the glory

On point smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by herkenorlar: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
6th week passing out, yet no news, God have mercy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
herkenorlar:
6th week passing out, yet no news, God have mercy!

Please, don't get tensed up. He will show you Mercy. Cic website states a processing time of 8 weeks. You are still within the processing time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

Hi Mr Arise,

Chairman, I remain loyal sir! My response is as follows:

Check the second paragraph of my post that you quoted. That carries more weight than the third paragraph. In the final analysis, only she can make the most informed judgement on what career path she should follow. Also, I put a glaring caveat there that my advice was very biased! I'd still give it again and again sha. She threw a very general question and i threw a very general response. If she wants better advice then she'd have to give better details of the situation which I'm sure she won't want to do publicly.Questions like how old she is, what PGD program did she gain admission into, what are her career goals, etc need to be known in order to give a more holistic advice.

Having said that, the biggest pension company in Nigeria is StanbicIBTC Pensions (my sister, if na dia u get work, after you give your first fruit to God, abeg try bring the second fruit to me o!). How much do they pay entry level staff and how much will they be paying her 5 years from now? Now compare that with what you earned on your first job in Canada and what you are earning now (five years later).

Would appreciate it if you could clarify what you mean by career job. She didn't state what she studied in her undergrad so i'm not sure it's safe to conclude that this job is in line with her career goals. She only said it's a good place to start a career. I guess that's tempting enough for her to hold onto as per bird-in-hand. But i also want to pose this teaser...if her credentials are good enough to get her a job with a major company in Nigeria, they are probably good enough to get her a job in a minor company in Canada, which will still give her better options going forward.

Meanwhile, say i de dispute with you nor mean say i don do freedom from being your apprentice o! You remain my Shiaman sir!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
What do u mean by just 3? We shd be seen discussing the way forward with Mr. Lolade
hayqinsbFX:
Is that all?
Just 3?
What's your profile?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by coldasice007: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
so no one should come to Canada because it is not easy but i think Nigeria is also not easy as well? have you guys even heard of some of the ridiculous salaries that are paid to Nigerian graduates or guess you obviously did not hear of salaries not being paid to workers for months in some states in Nigeria. please i think a lot of people going to Canada already know you are not going to pick money on the streets of Canada and if some people choose to work in warehouse or wherever even though they are engineers i think it is a decision they made solely on their own so no need to worry about it. you may work in a warehouse today but who knows tomorrow you may get a better paying job. there is nothing wrong with working in a warehouse if you get paid on time and it allows you to pay all your bills without begging for alms from friends and family and you get to keep your dignity and respect as a man or woman. life is not a bed of roses you will definitely encounter challenges be it America, UK, Canada, Australia or anywhere else. if you are fortunate to come from a well to do family then thank your lucky stars because not everyone is that lucky so please allow anyone who wants to go to Canada to go and i believe the average Nigerian is very hardworking except for some who deceive themselves by thinking there is a short cut to success. it is quite funny how you guys think 200K jobs are just lying around in Nigeria and no one wants to do it.enough of the scary tales by moonlight from Canada because i do not see any of you packing your bags to leave Canada in the name of it is not easy.

22 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
pcachuks:

E no easy for Canada? Yet you no gree return to Nigeria tongue (Pun intended). Rich man get headache, poor man get headache too. But my brother,I guarantee you that it is more preferable to have headache in a Range Rover than in a Keke Napep

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

E no easy for Canada? Yet you no gree return to Nigeria tongue (Pun intended). Rich man get headache, poor man get headache too. But my brother,I guarantee you that it is more preferable to have headache in a Range Rover than in a Keke Napep

Too funny !!!!!! U are right jor. lol!!!!!!!! more preferable to have headache in a Range Rover than in a Keke Napep

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
Seems u are almost there since dey didn't mention any insufficient fund. Guess you need an strong overriding SOP to erase any doubt regarding your intended course of study. Dnt think u need demonstrate any ties in Canada but home
loladeoye:
Travel history, purpose of visit and family ties in canada and country of residence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.