Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072257 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bennet642k2:
pls wat visa did u apply for study permit or TRv.

Both. Trv and study permit. Trv will be issued now. N study permit will be issued at POE. But u'll hv to apply for both frm nigeria.
I stand and sit to be corrected
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
For the Online routers, when filling the family information form, for those without spouse and children, how did u guys fill the spouse and children section? since we can not sign the form. Should it be left blank or should I write NA(Not Applicable)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
TempusQ:
Congrats
Which progam? College or University?
B.sc Computer sci. UofL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
dahjor:

proof that you have enough money to support
yourself during your stay in Canada.

Please what can i use as a proof? Statement, Cash or Card.

I plan on taking my sponsor's soa along and also print my own SOA and also tender my cards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'm going to Brandon University for Masters. I've PM'd you!

Lovely3:
Pls house am new here, how much is d medical fee @ rev ogunbiyi, ikeja nd is dere any1 applying 2 brandon uni 4 masters. Just got d mail 4 medicals. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omonjoe:
For the Online routers, when filling the family information form, for those without spouse and children, how did u guys fill the spouse and children section? since we can not sign the form. Should it be left blank or should I write NA(Not Applicable)?
Just leave blank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omonjoe:
I merged my docs into a file and d file was 4.19MB in MS word, when I converted the file to pdf using doPDF software, the file size was 21.9MB. I tried using the method in richcasey's link to reduce the file, it does reduced the file to 4.12MB but the problem is that the documents are very blurred. Pls who knows a best way to reduce file and also retain or nt affect much the legibility of the docs
Instead of using the software, use Save As in Ms-Word, in the pop up box, choose to save as pdf file instead of doc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
teesboy:

The level of program which you chose is what affected your application. Try to apply for a program of higher academic level than a diploma to increase your chances when re-applying and leverage the fact that you have visited Canada and returned to Ghana because you are married as well in your Letter of Explanation in your next application.

I now understand after reading from Part 5 of this thread that the level of program might be a problem
But can I change course now? I'm afraid I'll seem desperate.
I've searched several schools in many provinces and there is no higher level for insurance courses,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
For those traveling soon...
Don't forget CBN banned use of MasterCard for ATM withdrawals, you can only use it on POS.
Please, those on ground in Canada should confirm this info, abeg o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
CoCoLav:

Abi o.
I'm actually trying to understand the 3rd July denial after medicals stuff and trying to pick a common factor in all the applicants. Teena404 and Yetunde's issue got me puzzled.

Besides most of the questions here have already been answered on the thread. I don't have patience for those who don't want to do research.

Walahi...
Its this situation and dat of delay after getting medical mail that has made me to be grateful to God for my outright delay
I truly now understand the phrase "for everything, give thanks.
I would have been distraught and devastated at this kind of outcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
charles316:

Hi,I am also in the same situation. I have been given admission to go for civil engineering technology (advanced diploma) in seneca and construction project management (post graduate diploma) in Conestoga college.My questions are
1. Can I get to do masters afterwards with the advanced diploma because that is my preferred option. I prefer this because it is a two year course.

2. From your replies here,it seem that it will easier to get visa with the pgd. What if the embassy ask me to pay for school fees ?

Cc thebae
GboyegaD
Ayooluwatoni
Thesoj

The issue is, every of those VOs has been trained to believe that everybody seeking entry into their country (through whatever means) does not intend to return, irrespective of who you are. So your work is to convince them by whatever means you can that you will leave their country after your short stay there (even though I know so well that you won't return), if you're able to convince them, then you will be issued your TRV, but if not, no show! So it is not solely about the program, tuition or funds (which is the mistake most people make), but a very good combination of everything you think would make the VO believe you. You can just act the drama yourself, make yourself the VO and view the documents you intend to submit, if they are convincing enough!
So I want to say that your choice of program (PGD/masters) does not really follow, but since you already have an admission for pgd, then you can go ahead and apply with the pgd. Like Thebae said, payment of tuition is completely optional, in fact CIC advises no one should make any financial commitment until visa is granted as it is not a condition for granting TRV (it may only show some level commitment), in fact their are a number of people who were refused visa despite paying tuition fees.
These will boost your chances of getting TRV:
1. A very short gap between when you finished your undergrad and now that you wanna apply for study permit. If there's a wide gap, the VO may question your purpose of visit!
2. Relationship between your O'level + Undergrad and the course you want to study in canada. Although that of O'level is not a barrier, but I feel it will be an advantage. E.g. you want to have a master's degree in Economics, you had an A in your waec, and you studied economics in undergrad...... but like I said, it is not a barrier, I just think it should be a +
3. Your travel record is also important, it tells the VO you're not a first time traveler who might get to his country, get carried away or be excited and then abscond, especially if you've been to countries rated higher than Canada. This is not a barrier too, but it is a very good +
4. Your ties to your country: what will make you leave Canada after a short stay? Sometimes travel history helps to clear country ties issue. But I believe this home tie issue is just an excuse for a VO who normally doesn't wanna grant a visa to deny it.
5. Financial sufficiency/family situation:if you have enough finance to conveniently cover your cost of study and living expenses without working in Canada. This will help clear the doubt that you're going to Canada to study and not to work, hiding under the canopy of study.
6. Your ties to the country you're going sometimes may reduce or boost ones chances of getting VISA. I don't know so much about how Canada treat this though, but sometimes I think it's just good to declare you don't have anyone in that country, except if the person you have there is your sponsor, or your parents and they have a very good financial situation, else VO might thing they will facilitate your abscondment. But please note that I'm not certain about this last point!

7. A comprehensive letter of sponsorship is good too. Not just a letter where the sponsor agrees he would sponsor you, but something very real and convincing. Your sponsor should be able to write about you, why he wanna sponsor you, what he does, his dependent family members, how much he has budgeted for your trip, how much he's giving you, how he intend to send the money to you etc......

I'm not inferring that having all I stated above guarantee a TRV, but I think if they are well combined and the applications + supporting documents are properly arranged, the VO should be convinced!
Just what I think sha.....the gurus in the house can add/remove

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:

I now understand after reading from Part 5 of this thread that the level of program might be a problem
I've searched several schools in many provinces and there is no higher level for insurance courses,

You can change courses....
It doesnt affect nada......nothing like desperation.
As required you are just addressing issues that was raised.
Just have a strong sop to accompany it....
I lay down to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
TempusQ:
Don't forget CBN banned use of MasterCard for ATM withdrawals, you can only use it on POS.
Not sure this is true, how will cbn ban use of atm cards abroad, they only placed a limit of withdrawals abroad.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
at dede am tryna reply ur msg it not delivering just add @yahoo.com to my username name to send me a mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'm Skype now with my friend in Canada...
She's even unable to do cash back...
Tried withdrawing as low as $100, but to no avail...
Please o, those in Maple land already should confirm it

TempusQ:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

The issue is, every of those VOs has been trained to believe that everybody seeking entry into their country (through whatever means) does not intend to return, irrespective of who you are. So your work is to convince them by whatever means you can that you will leave their country after your short stay there (even though I know so well that you won't return), if you're able to convince them, then you will be issued your TRV, but if not, no show! So it is not solely about the program, tuition or funds (which is the mistake most people make), but a very good combination of everything you think would make the VO believe you. You can just act the drama yourself, make yourself the VO and view the documents you intend to submit, if they are convincing enough!
So I want to say that your choice of program (PGD/masters) does not really follow, but since you already have an admission for pgd, then you can go ahead and apply with the pgd. Like Thebae said, payment of tuition is completely optional, in fact CIC advises no one should make any financial commitment until visa is granted as it is not a condition for granting TRV (it may only show some level commitment), in fact their are a number of people who were refused visa despite paying tuition fees.

These will boost your chances of getting TRV:
1. A very short gap between when you finished your undergrad and now that you wanna apply for study permit. If there's a wide gap, the VO may question your purpose of visit!
2. Relationship between your O'level + Undergrad and the course you want to study in canada. Although that of O'level is not a barrier, but I feel it will be an advantage. E.g. you want to have a master's degree in Economics, you had an A in your waec, and you studied economics in undergrad...... but like I said, it is not a barrier, I just think it should be a +
3. Your travel record is also important, it tells the VO you're not a first time traveler who might get to his country, get carried away or be excited and then abscond, especially if you've been to countries rated higher than Canada. This is not a barrier too, but it is a very good +
4. Your ties to your country: what will make you leave Canada after a short stay? Sometimes travel history helps to clear country ties issue. But I believe this home tie issue is just an excuse for a VO who normally doesn't wanna grant a visa to deny it.
5. Financial sufficiency/family situation:if you have enough finance to conveniently cover your cost of study and living expenses without working in Canada. This will help clear the doubt that you're going to Canada to study and not to work, hiding under the canopy of study.
6. Your ties to the country you're going sometimes may reduce or boost ones chances of getting VISA. I don't know so much about how Canada treat this though, but sometimes I think it's just good to declare you don't have anyone in that country, except if the person you have there is your sponsor, or your parents and they have a very good financial situation, else VO might thing they will facilitate your abscondment. But please note that I'm not certain about this last point!

7. A comprehensive letter of sponsorship is good too. Not just a letter where the sponsor agrees he would sponsor you, but something very real and convincing. Your sponsor should be able to write about you, why he wanna sponsor you, what he does, his dependent family members, how much he has budgeted for your trip, how much he's giving you, how he intend to send the money to you etc......

I'm not inferring that having all I stated above guarantee a TRV, but I think if they are well combined and the applications + supporting documents are properly arranged, the VO should be convinced!
Just what I think sha.....the gurus in the house can add/remove

Letter of Explanation, is it the same as SOP?
How do I upload my supporting documents like marriage certificate,and others?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Not sure this is true, how will cbn ban use of atm cards abroad, they only placed a limit of withdrawals abroad.

not true..however there is a daily limit to amount u can withdraw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kesse2012: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
oh....ure ghanian and you applied from ghana.

its good you came home to apply though.
list your docs and let guys put their suggestions

List of documents

All CIC Forms
Acceptance letter (BCIT)
My transcript (Bsc Math & Statistics)

SoA CAD60,000, self
Salary SoA, almost CAD9,000
Car documents
Hubby's SoA CAD15,000
Hubby's land title documents
Hubby's sponsorship letter stating he would be looking after the kids back home

Letter of introduction from work stating I have been given 2yrs study leave
Pay slips
Photocopies of passport data pages for myself, hubby and 3 kids
I think that's about all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Oga, no vex, if you're in Canada, try using your ATM to withdraw cash.
A friend in Canada tried using her card, but was unable to withdraw
After complaining to her mum, who called her bank to confirm an outright ban. Just for POS only

ayooluwatoni:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
TempusQ:

No sir, CBN didn't ban the use of mastercard outside the country.They only instituted new restrictions on atm card usage outside the country.This includes $300 withdrawal limit per day and $15, 000 per annum.In addition, CBN has now instituted a tracking system on the use of naira denominated cards abroad so that any1 that disobey the limit rules will be sanctioned.
so no reason to worry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wow...it worked like magic!! 2.43MB. Thanks man
deedee0:

Instead of using the software, use Save As in Ms-Word, in the pop up box, choose to save as pdf file instead of doc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lol it's not possible nah, there's only a limit to withdrawal per day. I still paid some money to a friend's account and she withdrew it to settle some things for me in Canny just last week.
The only new thing is that before you travel, it is advisable to inform your bank so they can "open" your card. Got this info from Union and Diamond banks, I don't know about other banks. I'll advise that you check with you bank before leaving.
TempusQ:
I'm Skype now with my friend in Canada...
She's even unable to do cash back...
Tried withdrawing as low as $100, but to no avail...
Please o, those in Maple land already should confirm it

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bro, don't mind me...
I'm thinking of how to think...

hayqinsbFX:
Check his post...University...

Buh the uni over college notion is already nullified with kesse2012 and someone I know off this forum...

He got his medical july 15 after submitting june 22....
So let's just hope our upfront medicals are being processed now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
thanks
deedee0:

Just leave blank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:

Don't be too much in a hurry to re-apply take the time to assess the reasons highlighted for the refusal and work towards fixing them. i found a postgraduate program in insurance which is higher than a diploma and it took me less than a minute to find it, you can review it to see if it interest you and besides it is 8 months (1 year including holidays) as well and starts January 2016, going away from your family for 2 years when it is not a Masters degree was equally a tough sell to the VO as well especially given your years of work experience.
http://www.fanshawec.ca/programs-courses/full-time-programs/irm1-intro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
I thought as much,
CoCoLav:

Abi o.
I'm actually trying to understand the 3rd July denial after medicals stuff and trying to pick a common factor in all the applicants. Teena404 and Yetunde's issue got me puzzled.
even the way you sounded here shows that
CoCoLav:

Lool
I'm too lazy to type and tired too
But you saw me viewing that's why you mentioned me.
Your only tool now is to be positive and leave the rest to God in prayers
Please, keep faith alive...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kesse2012:

I picked my documents

Reasons for refusal:
I have not satisfied VO that I would return to my country, reasons considered
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Current employment situation ( I just can't believe this, I presented letter of introduction from office, salary account statement and pay slips

Can I really just go to POE for study permit

I applied from Ghana
I understand you case. What is confusing people in your case is the fact that you already have a visitor visa (as called by other countries) but in Canada it is called temporary resident visa (trv) coincidentally what is obtainable after applying for study permit in naija is trv+letter of into to be presented at the PoE. So for your case, you wouldn't/didn't submit the Temporary Resident Visa form, as you dont need a trv, u only need a study permit. You cannot just go to the PoE to get study permit, because you have no letter of introduction.
You must have been refused because the VO did not believe you are going to Canada basically to study, and that is understandable considering that very wide gap between when you graduated and now that you want to further. The current employment point is only to corroborate his agenda to refuse your study permit application (most times when they have a reason to refuse visa, they look for other baseless reasons). About your length of stay, that may have to do with the duration of your study, probably you were not forthcoming enough with information about how long your study will take both in your study permit application form and in your study permit questionnaire (I hope you know they are different).

You will need a very comprehensive statement of purpose, stating why you wanna study again, after these long period of break. Then you need to be sure the course you wanna study relate so well to your undergraduate program, and pls relate it well in your statement of purpose. The fact that you're married is enough good ties to your country, but pls emphasize this in your statement of purpose, talk about your previous trips and the fact that you've never overstayed in any country or committed crime or deported. You can also show proof of good family/financial situation by presenting documents of your assets. Think of other documents or things that would convince the VO you will leave Canada after your study.
I wish you luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nice one...
Congrats once more!!!
waleakins:

B.sc Computer sci. UofL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tiredof9ja: 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Good evening good people of nairaland. I have already got myself into the hand of an Idiot called Agent before I found this thread through Google. Below are the summary of my situation: The so called Agent introduced to me a Three (3) Months Training Program which is schedule to hold in Ontario Canada between 7th of September, 2015 through 11th of December, 2015. Course fee and other charges already paid through him amounted to about 1.3million naira. In short we have submitted Application for Temporary Residence Visa since 30th of June, 2015 still praying and hoping for the TRV. Please I need your assistance in the following area: 1. Is there anything like study Visa in Canada below 6 months? If Yes 2. Can someone work with it? 3. Is it renewable there in Canada? Your prompt response will be appreciated God bless..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
favour0011:
hey bro.... pls can u tell me universities that accept soft copies of transcripts?? not colleges, just universities. thanks!!
MUN accept notarized transcript. All you need to do is take your results (from the first semester to the last) to a notary public and get them notarized, then you'll send it by post to the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chucksbadt(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Crich:
How great is my God!
I can't explain how I stumbled into Nairaland Travelling to Canada.
All documents I submitted were from the suggestions I received here.
Thanks to all of you guys.
Special thanks to Justwise, Mevisbleek, HayqinsFBX (my kid bro), Tnuola (my witty/stubborn kid sis), Team12, Ahyotomiwa, Omotee90(my new baby sis), and to everyone who answered all my questions.
For those who followed my posts in the beginning, you will understand my joy. I thought this was impossible, but God made me experience how possible it is.

Online route
Upfront medical June 8
Application June 13
Biometrics June 15
Medical mail July 22
Medical passed July 28

Documents Submitted
Personal Docs
-Letter of Admission U of R(M.Admin Leadership)
-SOP(mentioned d ffg home ties: my fiance, a Med Dr, works here, my parents n siblings as well, n study leave)
-Passport data n visa pages
-NYSC, WAEC, BSc(microbiology - never practised. Deviated immediately after school) certificates
-MBA certificate
-Police report
-Proof of Upfront med exam
-Birth certificate
-SOA (abt N1.3m incl pension funds)
-Previous and current employment, and promotion letters (2Banks, IT firm, and HR firm - all customer service executive)
-Payslip (1month)
-CV
-Employer's introduction letter to d embassy.

Sponsor's Doc (Sponsor is my brother)
-SOA (~N6.1m and ~$7,100 )
-Letter of sponsorship
-Affidavit of support
-Assets Docs (notarised) - 2 lands
-Bank reference letter stating the funds in sponsor's acct
-Employer's letter stating ability to sponsor.
-Payslips (6months)
-Work ID
-Letters and payslips of co-sponsors (my other brothers who work n live in the US)

Glory be to my God.
He will grant you all your heart desires including your TRVs.
I love you guys. Warm hugs!

Congrats dear, still waiting for my breakthrough. Submitted my application for U of R via email online route. Just silently praying for the acceptance!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chars1289:

No sir, CBN didn't ban the use of mastercard outside the country.They only instituted new restrictions on atm card usage outside the country.This includes $300 withdrawal limit per day and $15, 000 per annum.In addition, CBN has now instituted a tracking system on the use of naira denominated cards abroad so that any1 that disobey the limit rules will be sanctioned.
so no reason to worry.
Thanks bro2 and sis!!!
TheBae:
Lol it's not possible nah, there's only a limit to withdrawal per day. I still paid some money to a friend's account and she withdrew it to settle some things for me in Canny just last week.
The only new thing is that before you travel, it is advisable to inform your bank so they can "open" your card. Got this info from Union and Diamond banks, I don't know about other banks. I'll advise that you check with you bank before leaving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.