Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072822 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Yes you can during summer and parttime jobs during session
paparazzi1987:

That's true.please modified it from ya end.

like i said earlier. All i have said so far is 2M, and it is from the 2M i will be paying initial payment of 10,000 CAD and my living expenses.

would i be able to raise 5,000 CAD per term for to pay for the subsequent term ?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks madam.....deedee's method nd NXpowerlite desktop 6 did the magic
Team12:
Scan as black and white or grey scale
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rolandy22: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2015
@
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 8:05am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks bro.....I prefer the online route.....I want to keep track of my app
ayooluwatoni:

But bros why do you wanna use online route if I may ask? Would advise you do paper route and save yourself all these stress. You will still av to go for biometrics even for online......just my thinking sha!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:09am On Jul 29, 2015
Had this exact same issue. I thought I was the only one
ayooluwatoni:

Check CIC site to be sure u entering the right DLI #. I got an error msg while I was filling mine too, but my mistake was that I started with 0 (zero) instead of letter O. So be sure that's not your mistake too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2015
Yeah, that's why I said some people get it before or after and if one doesn't get it, one has to find a way to get it. I guess that's easier for you online router, for paper, one has to email them to complain about that
Team12:
I did not get my POE letter attached to an email. I simply downloaded it directly from my cic account. Unless thats what u mean..then I understand
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by daronscopy(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2015
Opesyy:
Praise God! I decided to go MIA till i received a medical request.
Medical mail dropped this afternoon, just checked it now.
Applied 15th June, Online
M.Eng, dalhousie University,

This was truly God's doing, none of my sponsor had up to 2m.
Will share my docs tomorrow by Gods grace.

Hello opessy,
I have been given admission to study M.Eng, Dalhousie University..can we connect?.here is email dare_odekunle@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2015
I'm not sure but I think the VO isn't sure about the authenticity of her offer, maybe for some weird reasons, they were not able to confirm from the school that she was admitted. Those 2 reason being ticked together alone is a bit strange for an applicant going for an 8-month program. We can only speculate.
Her gcms file is the only thing that can tell you what really happened. So defer her admission first please
@CHERIPH
hayqinsbFX:
I didn't see that..

Well, she sud use Herr hometie to her advantage....write a compelling SOP.

Or better still r equuest for he GCMs file before she reapplies next for january.
That wud clear all doubts

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2015
I do get such notification from my bank too. She's been up to date with the recent restriction changes since this year.
It happened yesterday and that's her first time of withdrawing for the day.
The recent ban is not even my problem for now, just for those leaving soon to know how to package themselves.
I hope they've seen my post, it now left for them to confirm it before leaving, for their own good @TheBae and others

Have a blissful day!!!
ayooluwatoni:

Not trying to argue with you o as I'm not in Canada but My bank notified me of the development sometimes ago and I just checked google now, there's nothing like that. Cbn only placed a limit on withdrawals abroad, both on ATM and POS. So their are two possibilities, probably she already exceeded her daily withdrawal limit, or the bank has prob. I stand to be corrected anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CHERIPH: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2015
TheBae:
I'm not sure but I think the VO isn't sure about the authenticity of her offer, maybe for some weird reasons, they were not able to confirm from the school that she was admitted. Those 2 reason being ticked together alone is a bit strange for an applicant going for an 8-month program. We can only speculate.
Her gcms file is the only thing that can tell you what really happened. So defer her admission first please
@CHERIPH

Please what is gcms file and how can I go about the request.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2015
It's okay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2015
TempusQ:
It's okay
hi Pls could U ask her the name of her bank...Jst so I knw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks!!!
I guess you're in Canada and you've tried withdrawing today to confirm that, for the bold words in your post to hold water.
Thank you.
kclexa:

Very wrong info. There is no ban on the use of MasterCard for ATM withdraws in Canada.
We still use our Naija MasterCard over here. Its just a daily limit of $300.

So stop the unnecessary panic

cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:57am On Jul 29, 2015
http://www.visafile.info/standard/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
You might need someone in Canada to help you pay the fee except you have Paypal.

CHERIPH:

Please what is gcms file and how can I go about the request.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2015
Wow!!! More grace in your family
Team12:
Mine was 23 days for TRV grin (not Medicals)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2015
Good looking out bro. Informing the bank is sufficient, it's a new development to reduce fraud! According to Union and Diamond. Cheers
TempusQ:
I do get such notification from my bank too. She's been up to date with the recent restriction changes since this year.
It happened yesterday and that's her first time of withdrawing for the day.
The recent ban is not even my problem for now, just for those leaving soon to know how to package themselves.
I hope they've seen my post, it now left for them to confirm it before leaving, for their own good @TheBae and others

Have a blissful day!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CHERIPH: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2015
TheBae:
You might need someone in Canada to help you pay the fee except you have Paypal.

Thanks bro, I have paypal. I will work on that asap.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2015
$300USD max... Up to $340CAD can be withdrawn at the ATM since the USD is presently higher in value than the CAD.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SantohFilz(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

That's why when people testify about medical call I'm not too enthusiastic anymore. Its until you collect the kpali in your hand.
Me too....I was even contemplating on going for the medical at a point sef.... I believe twill end in praise sha

This their inconsistency can kill vibe sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 9:14am On Jul 29, 2015
That's why I told @waleakin to wait it out dor at least two days... So it wont't be like the case of Laureek's hubby's case that didn't see the other mail until he had paid and went to IOM for Meds...I believe you have your TRV already by God's grace but waiting for a couple of days is just advisable...MO pls
CoCoLav:

That's why when people testify about medical call I'm not too enthusiastic anymore. Its until you collect the kpali in your hand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2015
charles316:

Thanks for your reply.

Is it out of place for thr embassy to ask one to pay tuition fees,probably before they make their final decision?

My grouse with the pgd is that it's just an eight months course while the advanced diploma is 2 years( if I'm to start from second yr). I would prefer the 3 years post graduate work permit that I will be entitled to when I'm done with the advanced diploma.

I will take y'all (thesoj, thebae, ayooluwatoni, hayqinsbfx) advice and seek for visa with the pgd . When I get the visa,can I just abandon everything about the pgd and go on with my advanced diploma? Will I have any problem probably at POE?

Finally, my sponsor's surname is different from mine,will that be a problem?

Now I get your point quite well. What did you study in your undergrad? What cgpa did you graduate with? Let me know. The issue is, the VO may question your purpose of visit and duration of stay if you're going for a program considered not relevant or feels is waste of time. But if it is very related to you undergrad, you statement of purpose will clear that and explain everything in details to him/her.

Your sponsor can be your uncle or aunt who does not necessarily need to have the same surname with you, but the sponsorship letter has to be very comprehensive!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CHERIPH: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2015
TheBae:

Thebae, I browsed through the site, it states that only a citizen or permanent resident or anyone in Canada can make a request. how can I go about that. though I want pay via credit or paypal. please advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 9:34am On Jul 29, 2015
deedee0:
@Godmyn
I also had the same fear, as I'm the first of quite a no of children (not up to 15 tho cheesy )
Please fill family information form honestly.
In my affidavit of sponsorship, I just gave a rounded up figure of the tuition of my siblings (I reduced it tho... Frm 3M to 2.2M)
**Apart from deedee0, my other financial obligation is the tuition of my other children in Nigeria, which is 2.2M
I didn't state d schools they are attending..

If you can get a co sponsor, go ahead.. But I did not have a co-sponsor, i jst included every source of funds that was available... Salary, property rental, fixed deposit, pension etc
Include every source of funds that is available.. Shares, cooperative savings etc

Deedeeo, i guess i'm gona pass through that bridge you used.

How much was the total SOA your sponsor had and who was your sponsor?.
How many dependants did u sponsor had when applying?

I plan on using the following as my financial backup; Landed Properties, House Rental Receipt, Pension SOA, Fixed Deposit, Bank SOA, and any other thing i can lay my hands upon. Though, i'l work on getting a co-sponsor
I also like the idea of giving a round figure. And where you asteric. Makes sense.

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2015
dahjor:

Congratulations Bobola..... i will mail you so u can tell me what to expect and prepare for at the point of entry. i'm nt coming to edmonton anymore, im going to montreal

why don't he let him share the experience here so everyone can benefit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2015
I don refresh my inbox tire, just in the last 5 mins......expecting the $1 million mail from CIC....... na wa for this VOs putting us in such a traumatizing situation. ......suspense for here sef pass 24!
I know GOD will WIN last last ni sha......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:
I don refresh my inbox tire, just in the last 5 mins......expecting the $1 million mail from CIC....... na wa for this VOs putting us in such a traumatizing situation. ......suspense for here sef pass 24!
I know GOD will WIN last last ni sha......

God will do it for you
Just start singing his praise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 10:34am On Jul 29, 2015
chuksbook:
Please anyone travelling to Manitoba/Winnipeg? It's urgent please.
I'm for University of Manitoba. Watzup?

My TRV is still in process....so, not yet in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
First bank and UBA
Gu2015:
hi Pls could U ask her the name of her bank...Jst so I knw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kinghenry1751(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2015
darefestus:

Undergrad or postgraduate?

Undergrad tuition is contigent on a number of factors but If you are going for postgrad, with the right profile, you may not even have to pay a dime.

Let us know your profile and your choice location of study and you will get the best advice.

Hi sir,please I want to travel to canada for post graduate course,masters or pgd which is better and which skul has free tuition fees in canada or d cheapest skuls in canada?pls do get bak to me cos am really despirate to travel to canada for studies and work also...pls I really need ur help in this.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi...Pls are there people that applied 1st and 2nd week of June paper route that have received response from CIC, whether approval or refusal....College applications particularly.

I applied 9th of June but no response. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:40am On Jul 29, 2015
When was the last time you withdrew cash your Naija MasterCard on ATM and which bank?
I'm really concerned about this, thanks.
Onyeoma3:
$300USD max... Up to $340CAD can be withdrawn at the ATM since the USD is presently higher in value than the CAD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2015
CHERIPH:
Dear house members, i got my wife delayed package yesterday and what was ticked was

1-Lenght of proposed stay in Canada
2-purpose of visit.

she applied via paper route on June 8,,,,1 year post-graduate diploma in Conestoga college. she paid half tuition fee. but what baffles me was that, she attached the school offer letter to her package but when she got it back yesterday, the admission letter was missing from her documents.

How soon can she re-apply cos she is suppose to resume September 8

wen I got my documents back also my offer letter was missing though I got my TRV so I can always reprint..

since she was delayed she should notify the college about her delay she can then differ her admission and another offer letter would be sent to her

meanwhile list out the documents she submitted let the gurus in the house run a check on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.