Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072777 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Shegzy2912:
bro.. Please which one is more preferable- applying online or directly at the embassy?

It is a matter of preference...they are both efficient.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justicia: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2015
Hello Guys. Personally I think post-medical refusal is lame and unacceptable. If you look at the opening paragraph of the medical instruction sheet, its says "Your application has now reached a stage where we need your medicals..." It is clear from that statement that a review has been done. Now while a post-medical review may be part of their procedure, it is submitted that that shouldnt be the case; the reason being that CIC knows that medical exam is not free and the fee is not refundable. Why tell an applicant to go for medicals when u may still refuse his application thereby making him lose money. CIC should follow the spirit and letter of the medical instruction sheet and do a thorough review well before a medical instruction is issued. In the alternative, they should make medicals a part of the application process such that it is compulsory from the beginning. That way we know from the start that we are risking everything (application and medical fees). Afterall no one asks for a refund of his application fee when he is refused.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Graviton2:

Canada and the United States do not share data on applicants, bro.
That myth has been peddled about for far too long its ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chops33(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Shegzy2912:
congrats on your trv o.. Still waiting for mine too.. Brandon uni too. Are you going for graduate studies or undergraduate?
Undergraduate...
Second UG though..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2015
Congrats. Bienvenue à Montréal
dahjor:
GOOD NEWS: Application has been approved!!!!

To God be the glory

Online Route
M.Eng Information System Security
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec

Application submitted: May 23, 2015
Did biometrics; May 25, 2015
Medical call: July 16, 2015
Did Medical: July 19, 2015
Medical Passed: July 22, 2015
Passport request: July 23, 2015, submitted same day.
Application Approved July 24, 2015

7 Days Fasting, Prayers and Vigils

Special thanks to this forum, the gurus and seniors in the house.

Special mentions: @berexio1 @hayqinsbFX @Cally14 @teesboy @kfrosh @CoCoLav @Ugochux @darefestus @minnietope @Bobola86 @double08 God bless you.

I will list my documents soon... Lemme dance first
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chumsyzynny(f): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2015
B
IyaEjima:

This is what I got from her:
She filled d IMM forms for OWP, TRV application and family information; attached letter of sponsorship from sponsor and related financial docs, police report, marriage cert.. Her hubby got a letter of enrolment from his Sch in ON, submitted his statement of account and copy of study permit(must be valid).. Got called for Medicals and u knw d rest.lol.. Took 20working days.
PS: d date of expiry on d study permit will be d same date of expiry on d SOWP so she recommends d partner with d study permit ensures it's got a longer period of validity.
Wow! 20 working days? thought it takes months. Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2015
There is not much we can do, we can only pray to GOD to grant us our trv, so we can close the chapter and move on
justicia:
Hello Guys. Personally I think post-medical refusal is lame and unacceptable. If you look at the opening paragraph of the medical instruction sheet, its says "Your application has now reached a stage where we need your medicals..." It is clear from that statement that a review has been done. Now while a post-medical review may be part of their procedure, it is submitted that that shouldnt be the case; the reason being that CIC knows that medical exam is not free and the fee is not refundable. Why tell an applicant to go for medicals when u may still refuse his application thereby making him lose money. CIC should follow the spirit and letter of the medical instruction sheet and do a thorough review well before a medical instruction is issued. In the alternative, they should make medicals a part of the application process such that it is compulsory from the beginning. That way we know from the start that we are risking everything (application and medical fees). Afterall no one asks for a refund of his application fee when he is refused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2015
Oga darefestus....
U just bone ur boy....and u know say I need u....
Abibu want make dem delay me again?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2015
Lets stop complaining bout refusal after medical.....
An individual's visa can be revoked at anytime if need be....let alone trv delay
Its a law....
In as much as I dont want to be labelled a "hater".....or concluded as "he is saying it because he was delayed"
We can only do much as complain.....which in my own lame view would get us no where.
Dust yourself up.....refire....and give thanks to God for his next big miracle.
this thread has been a source of enormous faith and hope.....lets keep it that way. Enough of negative energies.
Good morning guys

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Well, This is Nigeria, for all of those that believe in spiritual attacks, We know fasting and prayer isnt easy, if you get a medical call, abeg. for God sake, dont start broadcasting, this witches also visit nairaland hehehe grin ...... well lemme give you an example, an uncle of mine got Visa to the, he decided to keep quite, until he got to the airport, the he threw a silent parry and starts tweeting , on getting to the US at the port of entry, they told him someones head was in the passport cheesy grin grin grin his back in Nigeria now, telling stories of DC airport.. Just my own opinion o

#It isnt over until its over
# untill you see application closed... anything can happen
#infact they can ask the VO's to come to ur house and collect the visa back grin cheesy lmao

I pray denial would never be the result of our application, for all the TRV hopefulls, we would all have a cause to celebrate here IJN

Have a nice day y'all

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 10:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Am laughing loud here oooooooo. Funny post. It is well with us in Nija, those Witches are real mehn.. Eph. 6vs12.

handyteddy:
Well, This is Nigeria, for all of those that believe in spiritual attacks, We know fasting and prayer isnt easy, if you get a medical call, abeg. for God sake, dont start broadcasting, this witches also visit nairaland hehe grin ...... well lemme give you an example, an uncle of mine got Visa to the, he decided to keep quite, until he got to the airport, the he threw a silent parry and starts tweeting , on getting to the US at the port of entry, they told him someones head was in the passport grin grin grin his back in Nigeria now, telling stories of DC airport.. Just my own opinion o

#infact they can ask the VO's to come to ur house and collect the visa back grin

I pray denial would never be the result of our application, for all the TRV hopefulls, we would all have a cause to celebrate here IJN

Have a nice day y'all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for the info. I hope 2yrs TRV (starting from this Fall 2015) will be ok to start OWP to PR journey sha?

IyaEjima:

This is what I got from her:
She filled d IMM forms for OWP, TRV application and family information; attached letter of sponsorship from sponsor and related financial docs, police report, marriage cert.. Her hubby got a letter of enrolment from his Sch in ON, submitted his statement of account and copy of study permit(must be valid).. Got called for Medicals and u knw d rest.lol.. Took 20working days.
PS: d date of expiry on d study permit will be d same date of expiry on d SOWP so she recommends d partner with d study permit ensures it's got a longer period of validity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omemma1: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Hello peeps, i tracked my passport and got dis msg Passport has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre. I paid for it to be sent bak to me. Does it mean its bein mailed to me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sean622: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2015
chops33:

Undergraduate...
Second UG though..
I'm going to Brandon Uni can you msg me pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
handyteddy:
Well, This is Nigeria, for all of those that believe in spiritual attacks, We know fasting and prayer isnt easy, if you get a medical call, abeg. for God sake, dont start broadcasting, this witches also visit nairaland hehehe grin ...... well lemme give you an example, an uncle of mine got Visa to the, he decided to keep quite, until he got to the airport, the he threw a silent parry and starts tweeting , on getting to the US at the port of entry, they told him someones head was in the passport cheesy grin grin grin his back in Nigeria now, telling stories of DC airport.. Just my own opinion o

#infact they can ask the VO's to come to ur house and collect the visa back grin cheesy lmao

Have a nice day y'all
if U believe so much that witches visit nairaland,why don't U kip away form it totally.cos the same witches could also tender free of charge helpful advice for your application. funny world

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Exactly...
omemma1:
Hello peeps, i tracked my passport and got dis msg Passport has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre. I paid for it to be sent bak to me. Does it mean its bein mailed to me?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Royalkid: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2015
I really cant thank God enough!!!!! Passport collected, Application approved. After getting medical call on the dreaded July 3rd. It took ove 3weeks ton get a response from cic.

online application submitted - May 19th
biometric - May 19th
medical request - July 3rd
medical done - July 7th
medical passed - July 13rd
Application approved - (Didn’t get approval mail)
passport collected - July 30th

Thank you all for your input on here, I'm more like a silent follower, although I've neva asked questions, I came here weneva I needed help and got very useful answers. I would post my documents soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by wealthyexcel: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2015
dahjor:
Hello Everyone,
I visited 3 banks today to inquire about the use on Naira Master Card abroad and thought I should share this.
FCMB
I was told the daily limit on ATM withdrawal is $100, while on POS and web is $300. N240 is charged on withdrawal.
Fidelity
Daily limit on ATM is the Equivalent of N150,000, while on POS & web is N500,000. $4 is charged on withdrawal.
First Bank
Daily limit on ATM is the Equivalent of N150,000 while on POS & web is N500,000. N420 is charged on withdrawal.

I stand to be corrected if i'm wrong and your contribution is also welcome.

Hello Dahjor, I asked yesterday at Fidelity Bank and they said their charge is NGN240.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rushingwind05: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2015
please house. i applied for seneca college last week. a graduate program. but base on what im seeing here .like they hardly issue a trv to those going for diploma.im a bsc holder chemistry dept. pls wht do you think. waiting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2015
Gu2015:
if U believe so much that witches visit nairaland,why don't U kip away form it totally.cos the same witches could also tender free of charge helpful advice for your application. funny world

true talk...

if you don't have enemies check ur self well u haven't started progressing cos people would definitely hate on you for no reason..

but if God says that's ur way the ayamatangas in your village can't say no
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2015
2grozz:
Oga darefestus.... U just bone ur boy....and u know say I need u.... Abibu want make dem delay me again?
No bro, I just dey observe for background. I'm just as startled by the recent happenings as everyone else. Mail me make we relate..Will be waiting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Rumore: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2015
ElCapt:
Good Morning to y'all

Ottawa People!

Carleton! Algoquin! Ottawa U!

A friendly reminder to all TRV holders and soon-to-be holders heading down here to Ottawa. There will be scheduled free airport pickups from Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport.(YOW) starting very soon.

This is organized by a non profit Organization here in Ottawa.

We felt the help shouldn't just end here after receiving your TRVs. Some of us benefitted immensely from the tips and advice from this group and felt moved to do our best to ease your coming here to Canada.

We hope people from other provinces and cities can emulate this however they can because it goes a long way.

PM me for more details.

P.S: Some people PMd me a while back but I couldn't respond on time. Sorry about that nigerianewbie and ...I dunno... lol...You can pm me again.

Cheers!

I am actually coming to Algonquin in August ,kindly pm me cos I have little issues with reaching u!!!thanks alottt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2015
Ask that guy who does not want to accept what he can not change and move on,
ask him what he will do for refusal at the point of entry !! . Will he commit suicide ? NO.
Life Goes On ( the 3 very important words in life ). Progress is still possible in spite of all.
Remember they will not do that to someone from Saudi Arabia .
Even at Independence they did not treat Nigerians so sadly.
The fault is in Nigeria and Nigerian leadership past and present . QED.

2grozz:
Lets stop complaining bout refusal after medical.....
An individual's visa can be revoked at anytime if need be....let alone trv delay
Its a law....
In as much as I dont want to be labelled a "hater".....or concluded as "he is saying it because he was delayed"
We can only do much as complain.....which in my own lame view would get us no where.
Dust yourself up.....refire....and give thanks to God for his next big miracle.
this thread has been a source of enormous faith and hope.....lets keep it that way. Enough of negative energies.
Good morning guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Fidelity charges as at yesterday....

ATM
Cash withdrawal
N65 after the third withdrawal within a month
N240 for any withdrawal done abroad
Transferring to any bank account
N100
Airtime recharge
Free
Paying for bills such as DSTV, Lekki Toll, Swift Internet, etc.
N100

Credit Card
Cash withdrawal
N150 + 1% of transaction amount for every withdrawal in Nigeria
N240 + 1% of transaction amount for any withdrawal done abroad

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2015
oga.. i no tok say nairalanders be witch nah, which kain life .... dey try read post properly b4 u comment, i was only advising applicants to get there trv before relenting in prayers n jubilating
Gu2015:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2015
chops33:

Undergraduate...
Second UG though..
wow.. Great. Please, did you pay tuition fee before you were given the visa? And how much is your own tuition fee??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hmnn. What a way NOT to end a week for me. I had to double check on all your recent post to be double sure that I'm not mixing up anything.
Am speechless.
My consolation is that you are in GREAT spirit and on top of this ugly experience from CIC . .
Yes go express entry and further studies way. I guess they are not mutually exclusive but refire against January 2016 1st. Ofcourse after working on their concern. Update your school immediately , they may reserve a seat for you for that time if there will be admission then for your program.
TOFEL is NOT accepted In respect of Test of English. See below for more info:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
The trio of you ( Team12, Crich and tnuola) are just Awesome women here!. Great communication skill u all have.
May the LORD grant us all our heart desire as long as they will never harm us (amen)
Please Keep up the good spirit. Best wishes and be of good cheers.
Crich:
Hello guys.
Glory to God. I was delayed yesterday based on four reasons:
Insufficient funds, travel history, personal asset, and family ties in Canada n Nigeria.
Truth be told, this CIC style of processing applications for months is the worst ever. They need to review it. Na their mate be USCIS.
So, after rejoicing with you guys and my family for 1 weeks, I received a shocker. Lol! I'm still trying to recuperate. This is a very bad feeling.
All guys expecting TRV, my candid advise, to avoid hypertension, kindly prepare for the worst.
If you have been called for medical, pls, know that that DOESN'T guarantee a TRV.
This is my story.
Chai! So, you guys will be consoling me now. Hahahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oloriesther(f): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hello All,

Please I have completed the canada visa application online and has attached all the required document., but i have not been able to proceed to the next step which is Review Application then Payment and Submit as the other steps are grayed out. Please how do how proceed, has anyone encountered this? Your prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Rumore: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jayne07:
Please is there anyone here attending a college anywhere in Ontario?

Yes yes meeeeeee!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
hello ester, are you sure you filled the forms correctly, also did you save the application, why dont you try loggin in from another computer and see what happens.....let us know if u still have problems.
oloriesther:
Hello All,

Please I have completed the canada visa application online and has attached all the required document., but i have not been able to proceed to the next step which is Review Application then Payment and Submit as the other steps are grayed out. Please how do how proceed, has anyone encountered this? Your prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
darefestus:

That myth has been peddled about for far too long its ridiculous.

It has been established by both individual embassies that no information given by applicants will be shared with a third party without the applicants' consent.

In addition, both countries are sovereign states so such information is rarely shared except in the case of a possible threat to either of the countries. It is indeed ridiculous that anyone would believe info is shared between the two embassies. It doesn't even sound right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.