Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1071164 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Actually there's a thread where you can see more details on banks and their rates.
Stanbic and Diamond have had the best rates for months but right now, Standard Chartered and Diamond have the best rates as of today. I'll advise you open one of those because they're quite consistent. Because if you calculate it, you'll be losing money unnecessarily
deedee0:

I don't think its derailing the thread oo, as upkeep is inportant. I don't want to open a new bank account. I use Ecobank and UBA. Ecobank recently started selling PTA.
As for ATM charges, the customer service rep I just spoke to obviously doesn't have a clue; she actually said there are no ATM withdrawal charges outside Nigeria. I asked another rep, he said there are charges, he doesn't know the exact charge.
I will go to another branch.
Any info on Ecobank and UBA will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sarilo4lif: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello house... Been following up on the thread and would love to apply for a visiting try-IMM5257E which should have 5 pagesbut I can't seem to download the appropriate form which is delaying my application for about 2weeks now. I have updated my browser n downloaded adobeXI but it still gives error message. Please kindly help as I am drawing back on the processing time as I intend to go in November. Ur kind response is eagerly awaited
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2015
seiraries:
You're welcome. Getting ready to. Hopefully soon. Weighing pros and cons of changing my initial sponsor; insufficient funds was primary reason I was refused earlier.

Oh Ok. Should be pretty straightforward, all things being equal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Teds(f): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2015
Please does this mean your statement of purpose should make reference to yor previous refusal?

standupguy:

How many years work experience does he have? how did he end up with 4.5m in his bank account after the first refusal? How much did he have in his SOA, before the first refusal?
How much is his annual salary for him to have saved up to 4.5M?

Why i am concerned is that if his earnings doesn't compliment the increment with in the space of time, that would be a red flag.

I assume that when you are refused for financial reasons like I was, they will look out for irregular/manufactured funds in ur next application.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2015
Share your documents?

Did you just leave high schoool or this is a second UG..
SAHEETO:
NAIT

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Use Internet explorer
sarilo4lif:
Hello house... Been following up on the thread and would love to apply for a visiting try-IMM5257E which should have 5 pagesbut I can't seem to download the appropriate form which is delaying my application for about 2weeks now. I have updated my browser n downloaded adobeXI but it still gives error message. Please kindly help as I am drawing back on the processing time as I intend to go in November. Ur kind response is eagerly awaited
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pweetyfelicia: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Any1 heard from the stand to be corrected crooner @ugochux.its bin awhile

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2015
Yums:
Thanks alot @handyteddy. Sorry where/when exactly did u post concerning accommodation, I would really like to read it. Oh and if there's a guy going to Fanshawe or Uni of Western Ontario, kindly let me know as I have a friend looking for a roommate as well.

Hello yums.... Check out this
www.places4students.com
www.homestayconnection.ca they offer
accomodation at a good price. , also if u are
under the age of 18 (just. Incase)you will need
a mentoring service, that's if you aren't going
with a family member check out
www.sasscanada.ca for menitoring services ! let
us know, if u need any additional
assistances.......Good Luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Damolaay(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2015
morning house, pls I need any university in Canada dat as a January intake for engineering courses (undergraduate program), av done enough research or maybe not enough on Google and send some mail to some schools... any help pls...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2015
sarilo4lif:
not been able to download a form has been delaying you 4 two weeks..... Maybe you have to take it serious, it might be a problem with your browser, you can always try other computers, use a public cafe, borrow an android phone ..and if u still can't download it.. CALL YOUR PASTOR

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Damolaay:
morning house, pls I need any university in Canada dat as a January intake for engineering courses (undergraduate program), av done enough research or maybe not enough on Google and send some mail to some schools... any help pls...
most universities have started 2016 intake, even if they online application doesn't let you pick 2016, you can always mail the school and let them know you're for spring 2016 ! check our sheridan college ... (And do more research)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Am I the only one who got 80 SMS & 40 Emails from VFS last night that my passport has been collected?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pinkygrace(f): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
TheBae:
Lol I'm so surprised that you guys find it strange. Everyone (including myself) I know gets charged 1k by GTB for withdrawing from an ATM in the UK but anyway, we know GT is hella shady! I'm going to be with my currency converter/calculator all day errday no matter the location.

Maybe there is something wrong somewhere, I used my GTB card yesterday in the UK was charged N420, diamond has not sent me alert since yesterday that I withdraw and that bank called UBA na only God go save them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Maybe there is something wrong somewhere, I used my GTB card yesterday in the UK was charged N420, diamond has not sent me alert since yesterday that I withdraw and that bank called UBA na only God go save them
Please, what's your experience with UBA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
TheBae:
Actually there's a thread where you can see more details on banks and their rates.
Stanbic and Diamond have had the best rates for months but right now, Standard Chartered and Diamond have the best rates as of today. I'll advise you open one of those because they're quite consistent. Because if you calculate it, you'll be losing money unnecessarily
Yh..I got some info when I searched, but there's no info about UBA and Ecobank.
It seems I will eventually take your advice and open an acct with Diamond. I just want to know if UBA and Eco can be useful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pinkygrace(f): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
deedee0:

Please, what's your experience with UBA?
Other banks e.g first,daimond and GTB allows you withdraw £170 per day and first and Gtb will charge 420 per withdrawal , but UBA will only give you £50 and charge 1k for withdrawal , I then decided to use pos for UBA the rate was N382 to £1 as against using pos of GTB which rate was N352 to £1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
Please in the last 2 weeks has anyone been contacted by CIC?
My application will be exactly 2 months by tomorrow. i am tired of waiting on this people's response.
Richcasey how far any news?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by prolific1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good day people, please I graduated with a 3.2 CGPA from LAUTECH, what University in Canada can I apply for masters in Geophysics. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Yeah that'll be better for you. People don't really use Eco and UBA for Intl transactions. I always move my funds from Eco to GTB but now, Diamond/Stanbic is the way forward. It's good to still have some funds in your other accounts sha cos of the spending limits on each account. + I've been in a situation where one card didn't work with POS cos of the bank network in Nigeria at that particular time. So you can split your money and just have Internet banking to be able to move funds around whenever you like
deedee0:

Yh..I got some info when I searched, but there's no info about UBA and Ecobank.
It seems I will eventually take your advice and open an acct with Diamond. I just want to know if UBA and Eco can be useful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by asihap(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Helo guys!
I was denield my canada student visa yestaday after medical which I did on 6 of july 2015. They reasons ar
*no travl history
*no purpose of travl(nd it was indicated on my application that I'm goin 4 study)
*no farmily ties in canada nd my country of residence
*personal assets and finicial status(which I av asponsor nd my sponsor met al der requirement). Well I told d physician dat I had ulcer 2 yrs ago. Must it b it was because d ulcer dat I was denield d visa? Or what did u suggest? Medically I'm perfectly 5n. I intent goin for appeal or wot shud I do? Pls I nid ur advice nd comments. Hornestly guyz I'm reali down. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Your case eh...
Hmm
It seems you're kidding.
Please, what's the content of the SMS/email? The same SMS/emails or different?
MichaelFinn:
Am I the only one who got 80 SMS & 40 Emails from VFS last night that my passport has been collected?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
It's not because of your medical condition.

It's just a reassessment by the visa officer..
When did you apply and when did you get called for medical

Could you share your documents and profile.

Program ure going for and school.

Who is yoour sponsor otoo
asihap:
Helo guys!
I was denield my canada student visa yestaday after medical which I did on 6 of july 2015. They reasons ar
*no travl history
*no purpose of travl(nd it was indicated on my application that I'm goin 4 study)
*personal assets and finicial status(which I av asponsor nd my sponsor met al der requirement). Well I told d physician dat I had ulcer 2 yrs ago. Must it b it was because d ulcer dat I was denield d visa? Or what did u suggest? Medically I'm perfectly 5n. I intent goin for appeal or wot shud I do? Pls I nid ur advice nd comments. Hornestly guyz I'm reali down. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
asihap:
Helo guys!
*no travl history
did u do upfront medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyxpebbles: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
U haven't posted ue documents and the editable links like you said.... waiting to see them!!!

MichaelFinn:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
standupguy:
Please in the last 2 weeks has anyone been contacted by CIC?
My application will be exactly 2 months by tomorrow. i am tired of waiting on this people's response.
Richcasey how far any news?
Dont get tired, keep praying... you have been patient all this while, dont loose focus & hope ! you will get a positive response soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bonushadow: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
chrisviral:
Boss Onyeoma3 abeg, that time wey you chop your kpali, did u develop any form of insomnia bcoz ur boy cannot sleep since June 25th.
Always looking at my passport undecided
Nawaoh
Lol. You should be able to sleep now you have it. If that's the case, what was your state of mind when ur a Trv hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
MichaelFinn:
Thinking about my TRV Application now. I made mistakes, omitted some documents and my SOP was 5 pages. To any VO who read my SOP I'm sure he/she saw my passion so much they gave me almost 3yrs TRV.

I do not believe one thing that you say and I don't know why, I am usually gullible.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
asihap:
Helo guys!
*no travl history
Aww Sorry to hear that, am sure your ulcer had nothing to do with it, Lets take a look at your documents, we can try to guess what the problem was and if you need to REFIRE, dont 4get to tell us if it was UG or not... also do you have any PLAN B's , now would be a good time to hit on it

Take heart
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bonushadow: 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
Bioben:
Hello all,
Pls am new in this thread I need your urgent assistance. I applied to SAIT and I have submitted my transcript and i got a mail that it has already been forwarded for evaluation but my application status still read missing document . For pple that have successfully applied to SAIT and admitted pls wat next? Wat shuld I do with application status showing missing document? and wat abt the english proficiency requirements wat shuld I do meet the requirement as my undergraduate degree was in English language? Did chemical engineering going for Applied bachelor degree un petroleum engineering
Hey! Buddie, fellow SAIT prospect.
Ignore the missing doc. that is showing on ur MySAIT portal, it will change by the time the evaluation communitte has decided on ur admission.
As for the English proficiency, state to them that ur country NG is English speaking (whc de already know)&u were taught in English altru ur secondary,UG stages. As much as u made ur Eng. course on ur WAEC. In that regards u will pass. Sussex!
That was how I handled it. Am going for IT course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
bonushadow:

Lol. You should be able to sleep now you have it. If that's the case, what was your state of mind when ur a Trv hopeful.

Pages 10 to 15.
grin cheesy grin
I just need to fucking leave this country, Haba, first experience naa, so I go follow Team12, Thebae3 and others come say when I was in Canada, I do this one, when I was in UK, bank charged me 154, when I was in Five eye countries my shoe do this one... Me self that kind thing dey sweet me to talk but no experience undecided I no fit lie b4 they catch me 4 here.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pinkygrace:

UBA that shitty bank am droping then retaining my diamond and Gtb accounts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.