Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,215 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1064808 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
can someone do paper route application without submitting his/her international passport at thesame time because needs to travel out of the country after submission ..pls guru HELP ON THIS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ivylane: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
dedicateDD:
can someone do paper route application without submitting his/her international passport at thesame time because needs to travel out of the country after submission ..pls guru HELP ON THIS

No one can't , your passport MUST be submitted when applying via paper route. Only online route avails one not submitting international passport at point of biometrics collection.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol.

I have never asked for SOP here but it doesn't mean I should be beating my chest, chanting 'definitely not me!'. And a FAVOUR remains a FAVOUR, I am savvy enough not to mistake it for my RIGHT, whether I benefit from it or not.

I don't ask questions that might be deemed 'borne-out-of-laziness' because I have the patience to read through previous threads. In fact, I rarely ask and I doubt anyone knows me here. I just PM people I believe I need their guidance.

I am not attacking your person, but keep your 'diplomatic sermon' to yourself.

Even if gurus don't have 'communication skills', just get what you wanna get from them and move on.

It's better to keep mute than to make derogatory and unbefitting comments, and the fact that you got a TRV does not make one a 'guru'. It's all by God's Grace my dear..

I rest my case now!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
I really don't have much to say but it's cool if we can make Google our friend. Besides SOP, we have loads of info online. I think it's nice if one cld get a sample of SOP nd use to write urs. U can then bring to the house to evaluate. My 2 per cent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
thanks i appreciate he info
Ivylane:

No one can't , your passport MUST be submitted when applying via paper route. Only online route avails one not submitting international passport at point of biometrics collection.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by newacca: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
tnuola:

Thank God the Storm is over, can't wait for you to finally share your good news, followed your story from part3.
I wish you all the very best.
Thanks so much for wishing me well. You've been doing a good job here. cool
I can't wait to hear you and other members share good news here. I can't wait to share mine too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Happy Sunday All,Pls let's remember all d glory must be given to God Almighty,No man on earth shld give glory to him/herself.Sucess to all TRV Awaitees.Our miracle is closer than we think.God bless you all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by modash(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hello guys,
Any quick question if I want to apply for myself and my family (wife and baby)
How do I add their app with mine
Which forms are they going to fill? Visit Visa?? (By the way the baby is 13 months)
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Solo8(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Gods1son:
@solo8, @Snappyfingaz @mevisbleek nd others... What is possibility of transferring my college admission into a university on entering Maple land. I've got a very good CGPA (strong 2.1). Is it possible without doing my 1 year in the college at all?

Hey, I do not understand the naija gpa scale. What program did you apply for to in college and what will you like to apply for in university. It depends on those things. From a visa point of view, I'm not quite sure the ramifications, I, guessing it shouldn't be a big hassle though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by airhunde: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
we are still waiting oooo. online routes expect your testimonies by Monday to Wednesday while paper will run through friday. wonder why u guys always skip my name from the waiting list, Good news on d way..............

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by airhunde: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
meanwhile a friend of mine who submitted on the 21 of April was called last week for medicals. so let's keep expecting.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by airhunde: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
tnuola please add me on the awaiting list ooo........ before I .........
paper route submitted and biometrics on 12 may PGD centennial college

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
kodlins:

If they do not reply, does it indicate that they are not interested in your request?

Some may not be interested. It is possible are not looking to recruit student as at the time you emailed them.

It might have also gone into the spam folder of the professor.

Persistence and grace are important. Keep trying. Never be discouraged by their response. Some would say your proposal is 'rubbish' and could give you idea on what they want you to do. Another person could accept your proposal as superb.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hello House.... so this is whats up. I plan on applying for my try next month. I have a job(can use that as home tie) but then my older bro and sis are permanent residents in Canada. am kinda confused cos this may get my app delayed due to strong ties in canada but my plan is not to let the VO know that my sis is based in canada, will use her address in naija while i use my bro as a co-sponsor (but with his address in canada). My uncle here in naija will be my sponsor. I need your advice pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
I agree with u. Where 2 or more agree it's established. We shall testify soon
airhunde:
we are still waiting oooo. online routes expect your testimonies by Monday to Wednesday while paper will run through friday. wonder why u guys always skip my name from the waiting list, Good news on d way..............
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by modash(m): 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
modash:
Hello guys,
Any quick question if I want to apply for myself and my family (wife and baby)
How do I add their app with mine
Which forms are they going to fill? Visit Visa?? (By the way the baby is 13 months)
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KELVIN086: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Akpasomething:

you applied too?

it could be possible they contacted peeps they accepted and kept silent on the rest

oga me too,on the website the school states a minimum of 3.0 on a scale of 4 (this equates to 3.75 on our 5.0 scale)but at the same time they also make you know that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, thats why im contemplating on whether i should apply and its like the school only picks those with very high cgpa, thats why i would like to know the gpa of those accepted and the gpa of those rejected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pweetyfelicia: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
favour0011:
Hello House.... so this is whats up. I plan on applying for my try next month. I have a job(can use that as home tie) but then my older bro and sis are permanent residents in Canada. am kinda confused cos this may get my app delayed due to strong ties in canada but my plan is not to let the VO know that my sis is based in canada, will use her address in naija while i use my bro as a co-sponsor (but with his address in canada). My uncle here in naija will be my sponsor. I need your advice pls.

The only positive circumstances i can share with you is that someone on this thread sometime ago stated in his sop that he will be residing with his sister who is a PR in canada during his studies.What a tie in Canada for him bt at the end, the guy got his visa approved.But most importantly this played out 2013 so i dont know if cic will still be comfortable with such family ties background in Canada.Moreover,you cant hide the fact that ur sis is based in canny.so far she included you in her family details when she applied,they will definitely find out.
Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KELVIN086: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
flodave:

If you have a 2.1 you are good to go, get two references verifiable ones and your transcript ,pay the processing fee and you are good to go.

thank you, congratz on your admission to alberta. in the other forum im on many people with 2.1 were not accepted especially those going for elect/elect so thats why i would like to know the gpa of those accepted and those not accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pweetyfelicia: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
airhunde:
meanwhile a friend of mine who submitted on the 21 of April was called last week for medicals. so let's keep expecting.....
congrats to him
Did he apply online?PGD,Diploma or M.sc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Akpasomething: 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
KELVIN086:

oga me too,on the website the school states a minimum of 3.0 on a scale of 4 (this equates to 3.75 on our 5.0 scale)but at the same time they also make you know that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, thats why im contemplating on whether i should apply and its like the school only picks those with very high cgpa, thats why i would like to know the gpa of those accepted and the gpa of those rejected.

CGPA isn't the only thing universities consider when giving out admissions.. Though CGPA is a very important factor.

As long as you meet the minimum requirement, you stand a chance.

Anyways, my GPA is 3.83

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pweetyfelicia: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
Pyroxene:
iF u r applying for a UNI after getting study permit for college. Will it not affect ur length of stay? Will dey change ur visa from one year to 2years once u update ur cic? #want2know. Thanks

so far u dont fall out of status as a student.Once the 1 or 2 years visa issued to u expires,you can renew ur student visa as long as u remain a genuine student.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KELVIN086: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Akpasomething:

CGPA isn't the only thing universities consider when giving out admissions.. Though CGPA is a very important factor.

As long as you meet the minimum requirement, you stand a chance.

Anyways, my GPA is 3.83

i know they also check work xperience and courses you've done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KELVIN086: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
@Akpasomething
have you contacted them about the delay in your admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kol1234: 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
@KELVIN086 and Akpasomething thanks:

For the admission I cant tell you you can be admitted because I also applied and was hoping to get admitted, but try and get a supervisor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Finestlex(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Happy Sunday folks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Pyroxene: 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
pweetyfelicia:

so far u dont fall out of status as a student.Once the 1 or 2 years visa issued to u expires,you can renew ur student visa as long as u remain a genuine student.
thanks a lot. Deeply appreciate ur response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks... i will try to write a strong sop. i hope it works. a frnd of mine got delayed when he filled out his sis details in canada but he reapplied and put his sis nigerian address on the family form and got the trv. what do you think??
pweetyfelicia:

The only positive circumstances i can share with you is that someone on this thread sometime ago stated in his sop that he will be residing with his sister who is a PR in canada during his studies.What a tie in Canada for him bt at the end, the guy got his visa approved.But most importantly this played out 2013 so i dont know if cic will still be comfortable with such family ties background in Canada.Moreover,you cant hide the fact that ur sis is based in canny.so far she included you in her family details when she applied,they will definitely find out.
Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Akpasomething: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
KELVIN086:
@Akpasomething
have you contacted them about the delay in your admission

I've sent them mails..

No reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Favour0011. What works for peter might not work for paul. To be banned for lying or false declaration and even submission of false docs is not a joke o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pchax: 2:08am On Jun 15, 2015
marcuskens:
sup pchax, I reckon quite a number of success stories incl. mine have attributed their SOPs to the template you posted here...just to thank you again for touching lives by that simple gesture

You are welcome! Glad I could help. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Amen

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.