Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1072845 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
handyteddy:
OK ....so i have finished sulking on my denial, went to pick my docs today, and Insufficient funds was the only reason for the denial..
Sorry about your refusal bro/sis, which of the insufficient funds was ticked? How much was the closing Balance of the SoA u submitted?
Your case is a small one, just repackage ur SoA and refire!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by cutiefy: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tanx a lot ...would appreciate
quote autthor=teesboy post=37157116]

I would advise against applying for that program considering your accounting background. Straight up refusal when you apply for your study permit due to purpose of visit, instead review both programs below and consider applying, if i find more i will get in touch.
Douglas College - Post degree in Accounting
University of Windsor - Postgraduate in Accounting

direct links posted below
http://www.douglascollege.ca/programs-courses/faculties/commerce-business-administration/accounting/post-degree-diploma-in-accounting

http://web4.uwindsor.ca/units/registrar/calendars/undergraduate/Fall2011.nsf/982f0e5f06b5c9a285256d6e006cff78/6d73ea75f3e209098525773f00698f01!OpenDocument[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
cutiefy:
hello all, I have Bsc in accounting and I intend applying for Diploma in social work at Northern Light College. do you think its a a nice idea and if obtaining Visa wont be an issue?
Why do you wanna complicate issues for yourself? It's one thing to get admission it's another to get visa. Pls just go for masters.....you can try masters in Economics. If your cgpa is above 3.0, then try applying for Economics. Just apply to at least two schools.....and u should be fine. Why go to diploma in social work, when u just got a bsc in Accounting. ......u'll really put the VO in a terrible position to ascertain your purpose of visit, which is most likely possible to come out with a refusal on the grounds of purpose of visit....and most times, purpose of visit comes with personal assets, travel history (for persons holding virgin passport) and other confusing reasons.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
So I just got to vfs office, and I wasn't surprised

They only removed length of proposed stay from my first refusal.

Travel history
Current employment situation
Purpose of visit
Personal assets.

CIC should stop speaking in parables anymore, I know what they want and I'll it to give them
Even if it'll take time I'll apply with a masters or a graduate certificate from a university in my next application.

Omo ibadan kini sooo. So sorry bro. It's gonna be fine! This purpose of visit thing has to do basically with gap in academic history or irrelevant course of study, to previous degree(s). So what exactly do you think the prob is? What's ur profile sir? Based in IB too, Kudeti/Molete side! So please let's talk!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
irosemma1:
hello , pls help a brother. i have a bsc computer science and want to apply for PGD in bus admin or bus management in a Canadian college.
what my chance of getting a visa?
a friend in canada said i should apply for a PGD related to my first degree for visa purpose, but no college is offering PGD in IT related field for jan. admission until September. should i just apply for the bus admin?
Brother! Why will you wanna go for pgd in bus admin Abba! Pls find a master prog in computer related field! U don't need pgd, except ur cgpa ain't so good! Pls bros, enough of all these visa refusals. Let's get it right from the choice of program first.....plsssss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by scoobs: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Why do you wanna complicate issues for yourself? It's one thing to get admission it's another to get visa. Pls just go for masters.....you can try masters in Economics. If your cgpa is above 3.0, then try applying for Economics. Just apply to at least two schools.....and u should be fine. Why go to diploma in social work, when u just got a bsc in Accounting. ......u'll really put the VO in a terrible position to ascertain your purpose of visit, which is most likely possible to come out with a refusal on the grounds of purpose of visit....and most times, purpose of visit comes with personal assets, travel history (for persons holding virgin passport) and other confusing reasons.
only 3.5 would get that not 3.0

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by cutiefy: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
tanx ayooluwatoni, my cgpa is over 4.0 . do u ve any idea, the school I can apply with low tuition. tanx
ayooluwatoni:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
you have definitely not been following my case.

i studied civil engineering and graduated oct 2014, applied for adv diploma in civil engineering in 2015.
where is the gap and where is the irrelevance in course of study,.

me dey UI for IB
ayooluwatoni:

Omo ibadan kini sooo. So sorry bro. It's gonna be fine! This purpose of visit thing has to do basically with gap in academic history or irrelevant course of study, to previous degree(s). So what exactly do you think the prob is? What's ur profile sir? Based in IB too, Kudeti/Molete side! So please let's talk!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Supermum: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
@ hayqinsbfx, I'm sorry about your delay. You've been very helpful on this thread and I trust that you'll get your heart's desire very soon.

@ bimbofela, we applied for a SOWP not a visiting visa. I also thought I had to be a registered student before we could apply for the SOWP but minnietope's testimony encouraged us to apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Supermum: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
sholay2011:

This is really great! Congrats to you and your hubby. You are indeed supermum...add superwife too. grin

Thanks Sholay2011. Congratulations to you too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2015

i studied civil engineering and graduated oct 2014, applied for adv diploma in civil engineering in 2015.

me dey UI for IB
ayooluwatoni:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lattychem: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
any nairalander in university of Regina?. I learn that Co-op is included in m.eng of university of Regina, I need more explanation on it.secondly,I need information on any universities within Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan province that offer co-op with m.eng. Thanks, please I need ur help urgently in order to decide on my next move
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

me dey UI for IB
No I've not sir, wouldn't have asked if I knew! So what is not clear to the VO about ur purpose of visit for crying out loud? Once again I'm sorry for your delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
cutiefy:
tanx ayooluwatoni, my cgpa is over 4.0 . do u ve any idea, the school I can apply with low tuition. tanx
You can try MUN (memorial university) and University of Manitoba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
scoobs:
only 3.5 would get that not 3.0

Stand to be corrected though, but you will get it even if you have less than 3.5. Know of someone who got it with cgpa less that 3.5
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jpepper: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
Una well done oo! I just got a mail from cic ooo.i am rushing home to check my update as my pwd no dey here.wish me luck ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
I don't get it. Are you talking about spousal work permit (sowp) or express entry (ee). One of the conditions for sowp is that the applicants spouse is based in Canada either as a citizen, pr or student . I stand to be corrected tho. Please enlighten us.
Supermum:
@ hayqinsbfx, I'm sorry about your delay. You've been very helpful on this thread and I trust that you'll get your heart's desire very soon.

@ bimbofela, we applied for a SOWP not a visiting visa. I also thought I had to be a registered student before we could apply for the SOWP but minnietope's testimony encouraged us to apply

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Which university and program pls? Thanks !
ayooluwatoni:

Stand to be corrected though, but you will get it even if you have less than 3.5. Know of someone who got it with cgpa less that 3.5
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
thesoj:
Question for the house: my sister is starting her MSc program in January and she already got her TRV, while my brother is yet to apply for his TRV to start a PGD program in January as well. They have the same sponsor with sufficient funds.

Do you guys think it creates a bad impression that my brother is trying to go to Canada at the same time as my sister? I am paranoid that the VO may see it as a desperate attempt to go with my sister. Fyi their schools are 550km apart. Would it look better if he deferred his admission to May (but still apply for TRV in September)?

Abeg I need your opinion please @deedee0 @tnuola @Team12 @teesboy @HayqinsbFX @richcasey @berexio1 @SeraSera, @Graviton2 @TheBae @ayooluwatoni

Sorry bro, I just saw this now. I'm guessing his sponsor is also in the US. Pls dont forget the offshore account thing. I don't really think there's need to defer or panic because your sister is also going for the same session and with the same sponsor. You just need to help him convince the VO that there's sufficient and available funds for his study. Just the way u packaged your sister's account, pls do the same for him. In addition, you can also find a means of funding his naija account (it is not necessary though), so the VO won't have any doubt about sufficient and available funds.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
So guys.... Is it possible to repackage and refire Canadian universities too? Abi na only cic den de refire.. Lol! This person met all the criteria and still got refused. He likes the school cos the location is advantageous to him so he is planning to repackage ad refire this time with an sop which wasn't included the first time as it's not a criteria in the sch. So do you think it will be an outright refusal or he stands a chance this time? Any personal experiences in the house?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Bahaushiya: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good evening house.
Please I need urgent advice and help.
My husband and I are planning to apply for express entry. We have a daughter.
There's an expert willing to help with the process but the risk is really high, and I was wondering if I could be advised on the success rate if we do it ourselves with someone here as a guide. I have a friend who relocated to Australia recently and they got all the processes and advise frnthis section.
Please I'll supply details, just ask what you need. Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
cutiefy:
I provided two schools you can review in an earlier post. it is best you have postgraduate admission in accounting in hand while you chase after a masters admission oo, there are no guarantees that you will be admitted in a masters program and it takes from a few weeks to months for a decision to be made except you have september 2016 in mind and have all the time in the world to wait, so you do not end up empty handed without an admission letter for January 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Pls who got TRV without approval mail? Im just worried bout this approval mail palava.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
favour0011:
Which university and program pls? Thanks !
Memorial University of Newfoundland. But it's not about the cgpa alone. Sometimes they require that u have at least "B" in your last two sessions of UG program. Then your SoP is also a major factor, i think it's more important than ur cgpa sef..... just take your time to carefully read through the department's minimum requirements. I wish you best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by davidgreener: 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good day all... Please, my co-sponsor declared a certain amount of money, should my dad (sponsor) do the same??thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yes your friend can reapply so long as his new application is different from the previous one. It will not be an automatic rejection assuming your friend at least meets their minimum requirements. I have friends who reapplied and got admitted into schools that initially declined them an offer.
favour0011:
So guys.... Is it possible to repackage and refire Canadian universities too? Abi na only cic den de refire.. Lol! This person met all the criteria and still got refused. He likes the school cos the location is advantageous to him so he is planning to repackage ad refire this time with an sop which wasn't included the first time as it's not a criteria in the sch. So do you think it will be an outright refusal or he stands a chance this time? Any personal experiences in the house?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
favour0011:
Well, it depends. If the school says he doesn't meet the minimum requirements, there's no point reapplying, as there are lots of schools in Canada. But if it was a case of incomplete application or unavailability of supervisor that led to his previous refusal, then he can try out his luck this time. A friend of mine was refused at first for fall 2015 admission, then he requested for a reassessment, and he was accepted for Winter 2016, even without having to pay for another application fee. But I don't think he should waste his time and resources anyway, let him try other schools
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
After much much - TRV application denied!

Application submitted - 8th of July, 2015 (Upfront medicals)
Biometrics - 8th of July, 2015
Request for additional documents - 5th of August, 2015
Documents dispatched - 5th of August, 2015

Documents submitted -

CIC application forms - TRV application form, Family info form, Study permit questionnaire, Document checklist)
- Proof of upfront medicals
- Bank statement from my sponsor, my father N5M (Duration: 18th March, 2015 to 18th June, 2015)
- Another Bank statement from my Father N2.2M (Duration: 30th June, 2015 to 01 April, 2015)
- Bank statement from Co-sponsor, my Aunt N7.1M (Duration: 1st of April, 2015 to 1st July, 2015)
- Letter of explanation
- My father's company details showing me as one of the shareholders
- Letter of sponsorship from both my father and aunt
- Proof of part payment of my fees - $5,000
- My passport with unused US F1 visa

Reasons for denial:
1. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay tuition fees for course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

I don't know what else these people want...Oh well, They will have to work harder to discourage me. I will reapply in the coming month.

I believe in my dreams, I will definitely achieve it.The last thing I need from anyone is sympathy, I just need advice on how to jump this "insufficient funds" hurdle. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Supermum:

Congrats Supermum! What program are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thanks a lot for responding! Yeah I have decided that we will not defer the admission. The sponsor will prepay one year's tuition (will attach receipt) to the school and will also fund my bro's domiciliary account in the amount of his estimated annual living expenses; both the sponsor and my bro will explain this to the VO. The dom account in my bro's name will be the only SOA in his name that (edited) he will submit with the application. His own regular SOA is close to zero lol.

He has been self-employed as a freelance computer programmer for the past four years, since after NYSC; he will attach the CAC document of his company registration. He will also attach notarized Attestation of Work letters from a number of his clients (one is a hospital, another is an accounting firm, another is a school), describing the software he built for them. He will also attach snapshots of some of the enterprise software he has created. He won't be submitting payslips or an employment letter. (Imo, his chances of getting the visa are lower than my sister's, but we will try our best). Imo, the risk that he will get a "Personal Assets & Financial Status" denial is nontrivial so we will write a dynamite SOP that is persuasive and comprehensive. My bro is going for a PGD in Mobile Solutions (Apps) Development, he has a BSc in Computer Science.

Unless I change my mind at the last minute, I have decided that the sponsor will state the only other dependent (my sister) in his sponsorship letter. The sponsor will also attach receipts showing he's already paid for my sister's annual expenses. I'll play it safe by providing all information to the VO, given that there's more than enough funds in the sponsor's account for both.

I want to thank everyone else (@Teesboy @TheBae @SeraSera @deedee0 @tnuola @Team12 @berexio1) that pitched in their suggestion in response to my question. Much appreciated. Any other suggestion is appreciated too. Thanks smiley

ayooluwatoni:
Sorry bro, I just saw this now. I'm guessing his sponsor is also in the US. Pls dont forget the offshore account thing. I don't really think there's need to defer or panic because your sister is also going for the same session and with the same sponsor. You just need to help him convince the VO that there's sufficient and available funds for his study. Just the way u packaged your sister's account, pls do the same for him. In addition, you can also find a means of funding his naija account (it is not necessary though), so the VO won't have any doubt about sufficient and available funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
You are really close to getting your TRV, as these reasons are usually the easiest to fix. My sister got delayed for these two same exact reasons, and she was able to get her TRV in her next app.

My recommendations for you:
1. Pay one year's full tuiton
2. Pay one year (or half year) room and board
3. Write a Letter of Clarification (different from your SOP) summarizing the changes to your application, highlighting that you have paid the full annual fees of your program with receipts attached. This Letter would be the first document in your "Proof of Funds" section.
4. (optional) Create a spreadsheet or table detailing annual expenses vs funds available. This would be a concise summary of all your expenses, and all your sources of funds. It will make it easy for the VO to comprehend your finances.

Also, I would recommend that your sponsor and all co-sponsors in their letters state exactly how much they would be contributing to you annually. The total of this amount (or the total of their bank statement balances, whichever looks better) is what you would write in the "Funds Available For Your Stay" box. Also don't forget to include documents on the sources of funds (e.g. employment details and income) for all sponsors.

Question: in your previous application, what did you state as your total annual expenses? And what number did you write under "Funds Available For Your Stay"?

Graviton2:
Reasons for denial:
1. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay tuition fees for course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Supermum: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
favour0011:
I don't get it. Are you talking about spousal work permit (sowp) or express entry (ee). One of the conditions for sowp is that the applicants spouse is based in Canada either as a citizen, pr or student . I stand to be corrected tho. Please enlighten us.

I thought the same until minnietope applied for the spousal open work permit with her hubby and got it.

My husband applied for SOWP not EE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.