Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... (34687 Views)

Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki / Senator Ike Ekweremadu And Family In Adorable Photos - Caption Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by obayaya(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:
Ekweremadu will win this. Many APC senators are absent.

Saraki has done another "Tambuwal" here.
grin

APC made a terrible miscalculation by trying to postpone the Inauguration forgetting that the power to convene the Senate rests with the Senate president who until Saraki's inauguration was Senator David mark..

APC also neglected the fact that PDP has 40+ senators which can comfortably form a Quorum..

With the Quorum formed today, PDP Could have imposed David Mark again...

They just chose to play safe...

Let the game begin

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by ekamavictor(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Ike ikweremadu has just won and is been announced as he retained his seat as the dsp of the 8th assembly. Pdp lives on

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by Kcinho(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2015
congratulations to distinguished senators @bukolasaraki and Ike ekweremmadu (ikeoha ndi igbo) #Godwin #leadwell

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by jorlons(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats to Ike ikweremadu he has won. Shiiiiiiiiitttt.

Congrats to Barcanista and co, I sincerely hope this will be good for our democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Never underestimate PDP

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by yurme(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2015
PDP powerrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by frankac: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Ike ekeweremadu all the way

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by MosakuAW(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Whoever wins the Deputy SP sit, congrats to him.

USA as a country, the father of democracy is govern by Democrat and the house is govern by Republicans and still yet, the remain the "Capital" of the world. USA rules the world.

How i wish PDP can also rule the House and win all the principal post both the senate and the Rep. but one question remains. Are ripe for such?

We play opposition in Nigeria and Africa to kill one another political ambitions rather to use it to govern for our nation development.

Whoever wins Broom or Umbrella.... Nigeria will remain strong and wait till 2019 to do justice to you the politicians again.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by otokx(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
What was APC thinking?

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by lawrsmith(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
After the election of the Senate Presidency has been completed, the election of the Deputy is on going now.

It's between Sen. Ike Ekweremadu (PDP) and Sen. Ahmad Ali Ndume of Borno State (APC).

Who are you rooting for?

Cc: Lalasticlala
PDP power,power to the people PDP.Ike Ekweremadu ride on.PDP teaching APC how to do politics since 1914@ dry bone must rise again.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by nonsoafm(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Smell an impending doom in the house

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
obayaya:

APC made a terrible miscalculation by trying to postpone the Inauguration forgetting that the power to convene the Senate rests with the Senate president who until Saraki's inauguration was Senator David mark..

APC also neglected the fact that PDP has 40+ senators which can comfortably form a Quorum..

Let the game begin
You are completely wrong.

David Mark, until then, was no longer a senator let alone the senate president. Their tenure ended on June 6th and they were all senators-elect until when the NASS was inaugurated again today.

PMB never wanted to be involved in the power struggle. If not, he would not have asked the Clerk to convene the House. He is the only one who can give that directive under the constitution.
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by coolcharm(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
ayodeledaniel24:
Hello friend, my name is Linda Okafor from Abia state but currently living in Abuja.
This message is for all those that have been trying to get connected to wealthy sugar mummies, Sugar Daddies, Gay and lesbains in Nigeria.
I want to let you know that i have tried several agents but the one that was able to get me connected to a wealthy sugar daddy in Abuja is Mr Ayodele Daniel. ayodeledaniel24@yahoo.com / 07032678968

His email address and phone numbers are as follows : ayodeledaniel24@yahoo.com/ 07032678968
After i have done the needed registration, i was connected to a wealthy sugar daddy who have since changed my life and i am currently living in the my rented apartment in Maitama, Abuja. Thanks to Mr Daniel and my sugar daddy.

I just wanted to use this medium to let you guys know out there that if you need a rich sugar mummy or daddy, gay or lesbian, Mr Daniel is the one to call.

Please endeavor to let him that Linda extends her greetings when you call him.

Remember to call him on 07032678968 or send him an email on : ayodeledaniel24@yahoo.com

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead.

look at you, you foool. can't you be useful to yourself at least? Get your watery scam super story off here and go get a life. sad

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by fotadmowmend(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Sen Ike returnd
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by snryockris(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
I will luv to see Ekweremmadu clinch d deputy senate president. That will make d eight NASS interesting

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by swezenberg(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Never underestimate PDP

PDP celebrating Deputy Senate president. How are the mighty falling. Next four years they will celebrate deputy speaker grin.
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by Addme: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2015
abbakacici:
ike is winning because 51 APC have baycot the election thus only 7 Apc members are in chamber furthermore out of the 50 PDP members 31 are from the old eastern region
It seems you are not following,I don't really know APC game plan but the truth is they are all back now voting.Tinubu's wife and Asafa both from Lagos voted not long ago.It seems there was no meeting with the President afterall. Politicians,fear them.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
smiling
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by obayaya(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

David Mark, until then, was no longer a senator let alone the senate president. Their tenure ended on June 6th and they were all senators-elect until when the NASS was inaugurated again today.

PMB never wanted to be involved in the power struggle. If not, he would not have asked the Clerk to convene the House. He is the only one who can give that directive under the constitution.

Oh!!!

Thanks for clearing that up..

But PDP could have returned Mark today..

I guess they don't wanna give APC senators a common front to unite and fight from..

It's all good..
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by jorlons(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
otokx:
What was APC thinking?

Ikweremadu won with 54 votes, PDP has 49 senators. There are traitors within the APC

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by paulibling(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
siraj1402:
May God give Buhari wisdom to cope with this traitor called Bukola.
Why was he not a traitor when he defected?

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by BLOTRS: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Haba why should any sane human being think of Ali Ndume as Deputy senate president when there is Ekweremadu huh these things tire me sef

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by olutunde12(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

No he is not. APC is just making themselves big. No one has such a power. The previous houses were innaugurated on this date in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011 so what will stop it today? Except weekend?

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by seun005: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmmm......oro naija yi, olirun nikan loye!
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by bossOD: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Koroaso:
************IS OSINBAJO AN EX COMMISONER? YES.*****

***********CAN BURUJI KASHAMU BE SENATE PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA? YES.************

***********CAN ALI NDUME THE BOKO HARAM DIRECTOR GENERAL BE DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT? YES.**********

************SARAKI TOOK ALOT OF NIGERIANS MONEY IN SGBN.....NOW HE IS SENATE PRESIDENT**********

**********ARE WE DECEIVING OURSELVES IN NIGERIA?? YES WE ARE!************

SUPPORTER AND CRITIC.
GMB/OSINBAJO

cry me a river baby. u still dey learn the game of politics in Nigeria
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by nellykidies(f): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ike ekweremadu is a better choice compared to ndume
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by Kcinho(m): 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
over to the green chambers. let the best candidate win
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by gajike: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ikeremadu 51 ndume 20
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by puntersmind: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Most Importantly, APC forgot that the PDP lawmakers and national leaders met yesterday night till early this morning to harness their plan with Sariki. Why leave the national assemply where the real deal was gonna happen for some meeting with PMB somewhere else. Amateur.
obayaya:

Let the game begin
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by obailala(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
snryockris:

Why?
1. I dont like his face
2. The man has had dealings with bokoharam and still has a pending case
3. Ike is a good man (party sentiments aside)
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by PassingShot(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
olutunde12:

No he is not. APC is just making themselves big. No one has such a power. The previous houses were innaugurated on this date in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011 so what will stop it today? Except weekend?

Who has said otherwise. I have only said that for the NASS to be inaugurated, the president of FRN MUST ask the Clerk to proceed. If not, the inauguration can not proceed. Which part of my post is unclear or not correct.
Re: Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... by viczing(m): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dee60:
PDP ke. no way!

Pdp won

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin, Buhari, Dangote Couldn’t Reconcile Obaseki, Oshiomhole – Osunbor / President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide / Yemi Osinbajo At George Weah Inauguration Ceremony In Liberia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.