Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (62873 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dewze:

What if Buhari wanted Saraki to win to temper the influence of Tinubu in his administration. What if Buhari (or his "confidant" advisers) new Saraki will not attend the meeting. What if it was a ploy to draw the lawan supporters away in other to give Saraki his chance.

Warreva
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by omenka(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Saraki has destroyed your source of livelihood
Kai ooo!! Leave me naw?? cheesy. Jokes apart, you seem older than this. I don't like you, I don't want you, I don't need you., I'm not interested in you. Stop following me around miss. cheesy
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by weyreypey: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
ybalogs:
I can't see Bukola Saraki finishing his tenure as SP. Fingers crossed sha
Wash yer face with battery water sharply

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by kekeolu(f): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Waoh! The drama is unfolding,.the 8th National assembly promises to be Interesting. We are watching!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ndcide(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sahara reporters will so aling with the executive arm of government that they will no longer be taken seriously by those who honestly believed in them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ralph28(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
We now have a senate president.
If you have contrary opinion,head to court.

I just love how they played the game,a bit better than supper falcons.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by funlord(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin
Una sure say no be buhari enter one chance so? Because this saraki moves resemble "democratic coup" 2 me oh?

6 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Reference(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about

Kai, kai, kai. Cool down. Your blood too hot. I warned the APC to make the whole thing open, level and transparent but they sowed into factionalisation for sordid personal interests and are reaping betrayal big time. How can a party walk with its two eyes open into pit its predecessor fell into, two weeks, just two weeks after assuming power. Haba APC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Adisa89(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
loomer:
Na small crack de scatter building.

Why Sahara reporters dey cry like say na them de contest election
don't u know they're APC sympathizers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Themandator: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
baralatie:

fortunately ,PMB did send his declaration and the inauguration to the 8th Assembly which was read on the floor of the house.it is line with the constitution.
So it is Legal!

Don't information the dubious characters. Does the laws says the president must be physically present? No.

Did the letter come through the normal channel of communication between the president and the National Assembly? Certainly.

Was the person that convene the house the right person to do so? Yes.. The clerk of the house has the power to proclaim after receiving a letter of authorization from the president.

Was the house convened in the normal time a as is usual for their meeting? Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by agabaI23(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
ybalogs:

Calling your President a dullard, hmmmm, I pity you
Have you called a president clueless or dumb before?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by MalcoImX: 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he doesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]
It's a recipe for crisis with nearly half the members who'll be opposed to him.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
that clark should be sacked and locked up. PMB need to swing into action, those PDP mofos are there to sabotage his effort by all means.

That's my concern. I believe more drama will play out.
Just watch out!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ybalogs(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Didn't you call Jonathan clueless?? undecided
After how many years in power?
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
new2020:

Mumu...Buhari is behind his victory to checkmate Tinubu and cage him. For some reason Yorubas are not understanding this. Buhari engineered this.
The so called meeting was preplanned to enthrone saraki.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by DevilhimseIf: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Caseless:
Ogbuagu1 of nairaland!

I de vex...

bro cool down at least una get presidency grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nathayas: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
If the proclamation was read and buhari was at thesame time holding meeting with apc senator, it is clear that he is a traitor. He is applying his cow raring tricks. Sending one to the slaughter and another to the pasture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by frankac: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Story dat touch. Let see hw the game unfold
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ybalogs(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
agabaI23:
Have you called a president clueless or dumb before?
Clueless? YES
dumb ? No and that's when we already know what our Nobel prise winner has to offer.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by krested01: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
bravo saraki. Kuwait two years working permit with job placement and ticket. NO DOWN PAYMENT. MORE DETAILS :CALL 07033080552
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
xakakes:
bla bla bla
so, why did Babangida Aliyu and Gov Lamido lose woefully in their states? you are so bereft
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by MrCEO69(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
Caseless:
Congratulations to saraki!

I just don't know why they allowed ekweremadu to emerge just by attending a meeting with the president. Their absence gave the deputy senate president seat to the pdp.

I hate this...

why won't u hate it, because he is an igbo/christian shey.. I pity u.

Well u can hug bigT. Just down ur street!

5 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by peleson: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about
And where did they leave the senate chambers to? Mind u buhari gve his approval to the senate Clark before leaving for Germany. The apc senators are still mostly baby senators lol. What goes around comes around. I v said it time without number, buhari lacks dexterity to coordinate leadership! He always happens to be ther but always doesn't know what to do! He lacks mental credibility! And that can be attributed to his lack of smooth education

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Dewze(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
manutdrichie:

Wharefa
Wharefa is the language of modern day kids.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by johnie: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
zubby29:
d fact dat kwankwaso was in attendanc spells danger for apc.dey better accept d election or pdp will regain kwara,zamfara and kano and i am apc dont want

Very correct!

The man who came second to Buhari at the APC primaries!

The three strands of APC (CPC-Buhari, ACN-Tinubu, nPDP-Saraki) do dey show face!

Kwankwaso went with Saraki- Governor's Forum/New PDP Ties.

Will Amaechi go with Saraki? I think he will!

If GEJ remains powerful in PDP, Saraki and his new PDP people will form a new party. Mark my words!

The days of an overbearing Obasanjo are over!

Tinubu is being checked!

Buhari will have to confront both the Tinubu and Saraki groups if he does not politic (which is the CHANGE some voted for).

Buhari will have to confront the same people who drafted him into the race to get rid of GEJ. He would not find it easy. I hope he has learnt from GEJ's errors of trusting and trying to pacify these people.

Now, people will see what GEJ suffered in the hands of these people.

As long as they all are not able to gang up against the masses, I am happy.

I'm so loving this!

PS

I suspect a major fall out between Tinubu and Fashola.

I will explain when the time comes.

wink

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
to impeach him you need 2/3 majority which APC doesn't have

Sound political brinkmanship should take care of that where APC puts its act together!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
peleson:

And where did they leave the senate chambers to? Mind u buhari gve his approval to the senate Clark before leaving for Germany. The apc senators are still mostly baby senators lol. What goes around comes around. I v said it time without number, buhari lacks dexterity to coordinate leadership! He always happens to be ther but always doesn't know what to do! He lacks mental credibility! And that can be attributed to his lack of smooth education
and with your own smooth education, can we pls compare your pedigree with his? oh pls don't even dare..u r nothing but a scallywag
PStacks:

Look! "NEVER" come up here and call the President a Dullard again in your life, otherwise I'l track you and maim you.

Your Father is the Dullard here not to have flushed you in the drains.

you are a fool . both you and the terrorist you are protecting his interest online.

the elections are over, bring back our girls campaign is dead, the girls are no longer talked about. the campaign leaders and directors are part of Buharis transition committee and govt. he could not show us his certificate till date. tell me the difference btw him and a dullard, idiot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by babestella: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
What meeting were they holding with Buhari? As what? as "senators' elect" or as "sworn in senators", please leave party level here, we are talking of national issues and you are mentioning some APC senators holding party meeting with Buhari and so Nigeria should stand still. Are they not supposed to be at the National Assembly for the inauguration?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Stoical: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
chigoizie7:
I guess cluelesnes still runs in the bloods of our senators, how could they have gone for that meeting, knowing fully well that for a senate to convene,that all they need is just 1/3 of the house? Don't they know that dey will be outsmarted?

He, whose house is on fire does not go rat hunting.

This has showed us how our senate is being and will be ran by clueless MOFOS, all those that went for the meeting with PMB miscalculated, and I pray that they will not mis-calculate when discharging their constitutional duties as low makers. Otherwise, na we, wey be d common man go hear am on the long run.

I think they have learn their lessons in a hard way.never take anything or situation for granted.
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's take a closer look at these events...
Qtn 1: Who's choice was Law an?
Qtn 2: Does Buhari feel very comfortable with those backing Lawan?
Qtn 3: Between the NE and NC, who has more political weight and backers? Note: Atiku factor has not yet been discussed...
Lastly: How sure are we that "the meeting called by PMB at the time the National Assembly was supposed to be inaugurated was not planned? And how do we explain the fact that, PMB had earlier sent a letter, authorising the Inauguration of the 8th Assembly by the Clerk of the house?

Really, to clear the air... The house does elects its leader by simple majority (108 - 51 = 57)... So, they acted under the law.
To unseat the SP, they need 2/3 majority...

Wow! Buhari said, "I'll work with anybody, setting a precedence that he ain't supporting anyone, yet a "meeting" was called at the exact time where the house was to be inaugurated...(please, decipher this, my good friends)

5 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
PStacks:

Look! "NEVER" come up here and call the President a Dullard again in your life, otherwise I'l track you and maim you.

Your Father is the Dullard here not to have flushed you in the drains.

sharraaaap ,the olodo is a real dullarrrd

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
dounleedee:

EFCC should probe him because he defied the party? Your reasoning is why the country is retrogressive instead of progressive. Why was EFCC handicapped before?
Saraki has a pending case with the EFCC. That is why the APC leaders didn't want him to become senate president. You think and talk with your a.nus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos / Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) / Meeting Of Southern Governors' Wives' Forum In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.