Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! (2744 Views)

My Pup"s Belly Is Getting Bigger / ARRIVAL OF MY PUP FROM PSK JOS - M U R P H Y IS D E A D ! ! ! / Help!!my Pup(a Gsd I Think)is Very Aggresive,has Extremely Long Ears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
I'm getting worried, my 4 month old german shepherd is suddenly not eating. He hasn't eaten anything all day today. I feed him 3 times at set times and he would normally clean out his plate but he hasn't touched any of his food since morning. He is dewormed every 2 weeks and has all his vaccination up to date. He's still playing and drinking water but no food. I wasn't so worried in the morning but now I've thrown out all his uneaten food since morning and I'm getting worried. I was checking online to see if I would find any solutions but mostly just people asking the same question. I feed him a mix of dry puppy food and wet food or fish or chicken. I try to mix things up because he gets bored with the same food but nothing is working. If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know and possible solutions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Khd95(m): 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
D dog is on hunger strike
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Khd95(m): 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
D dog is on hungry strike....
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by kuzee(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
pls other than asking us,
call the vet doctor
i believe you have their number, coz there is nothing you can do to curb the situation right now, do you give your dog multivitamins?
the only cause could be something he must have picked from the soil
do the needful
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
kuzee:
pls other than asking us,
call the vet doctor
i believe you have their number, coz there is nothing you can do to curb the situation right now, do you give your dog multivitamins?
the only cause could be something he must have picked from the soil
do the needful

Yes I will definitely be taking him to the vet tomorrow. He's on multivitamins (pet tab forte). I was reading online that it could be because he's teething so his gums are kinda sore so he may not want to eat much.
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Prodeegee(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Has your dog eaten now?

Try boiled fish or boiled eggs.

Sometimes your dog just needs to stay off feeding...But to be on the safer side, see a vet.

Dogs not eating can be a very big symptom of disease
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by wunmi590(m): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2015
blasiangurl85:
I'm getting worried, my 4 month old german shepherd is suddenly not eating. He hasn't eaten anything all day today. I feed him 3 times at set times and he would normally clean out his plate but he hasn't touched any of his food since morning. He is dewormed every 2 weeks and has all his vaccination up to date. He's still playing and drinking water but no food. I wasn't so worried in the morning but now I've thrown out all his uneaten food since morning and I'm getting worried. I was checking online to see if I would find any solutions but mostly just people asking the same question. I feed him a mix of dry puppy food and wet food or fish or chicken. I try to mix things up because he gets bored with the same food but nothing is working. If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know and possible solutions. Thanks

Give him meat or fish then if he's still not eating them you consult your vet. It happened to mine once, so I quickly took her to her vet. And she was given injections and some medication, and I was also told to get a glucose and pour in her water, so since April 25, 2015, zara has been one of the most healthy dog in the world grin
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Dochman224(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2015
guys recently bought meat and biscuit bone but had to cook it for my dog but she refuse to eat I think she only prefer it fresh and raw. pls help and suggestion on hw to go about d cooked bones.
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yay!!!! He's finally eating. Took him to the vet. Said nothings wrong probably he's teething and his gums are hurting so they gave him some pain killers and roborant injection. I decided to give him fish with his kibble and he ate the whole thing up. Was even tempted to give him some more to make up for what he didn't eat yesterday. Thanks Prodeegee, wunmi590, and kuzee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Prodeegee(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yaay happy for u...don't rush it o.

A client's dog was sick and didn't eat. After treatment little 'layla' started eating and in excitement client gave her 12 boiled eggs. I mean twelve.

That was how they welcomed another sickness.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Prodeegee:
Yaay happy for u...don't rush it o.

A client's dog was sick and didn't eat. After treatment little 'layla' started eating and in excitement client gave her 12 boiled eggs. I mean twelve.

That was how they welcomed another sickness.

Yeah I was tempted but just gave him his normal portion. Wow 12 eggs!!! lipsrsealed Is eggs good for dogs? Maybe I should start including that to his food
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by kuzee(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
blasiangurl85:
Yay!!!! He's finally eating. Took him to the vet. Said nothings wrong probably he's teething and his gums are hurting so they gave him some pain killers and roborant injection. I decided to give him fish with his kibble and he ate the whole thing up. Was even tempted to give him some more to make up for what he didn't eat yesterday. Thanks Prodeegee, wunmi590, and kuzee
that good
the dog looking so healthy
i guess it was replacement with new teeth
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Prodeegee(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
blasiangurl85:

Yeah I was tempted but just gave him his normal portion. Wow 12 eggs!!! lipsrsealed Is eggs good for dogs? Maybe I should start including that to his food

Boiled egg is good.
One a day would do...
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by wunmi590(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2015
blasiangurl85:

That's good, and great to hear good news from you that your dog has finally started eating, but you can always thank prodeegee, kuzee and others cause I gained those experience from them.

Love your dog, looks like mine zara, just the face that looks different. grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by Tylerdan(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2015
I have followed your pet posts on nairaland and I'm becoming a fan. Thank goodness your dog is ok. It's great to see her/him looking lively.
Eggs are good for cannies but only 1/day and as a rule of thumb for a teething dog buy him a chewer and toys to chew on.
Sent u a mail want your thoughts on having a dog show.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2015
Tylerdan:
I have followed your pet posts on nairaland and I'm becoming a fan. Thank goodness your dog is ok. It's great to see her/him looking lively.
Eggs are good for cannies but only 1/day and as a rule of thumb for a teething dog buy him a chewer and toys to chew on.
Sent u a mail want your thoughts on having a dog show.

Thanks hes much better now and yes I got him some chew toys. I haven't even started him on eggs yet. I keep forgetting.
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by megasamuel(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2015
How old was shadow when you took the last picture # loving shadow
Re: Help, My Pup Suddenly Not Eating!!! by blasiangurl85(f): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks. He's almost 5 months now

(1) (Reply)

Bullmastiff For Sale And Other Dog Breed For Sale / Introducing My ST Bernards Breeding Programme In Lagos Gbagada / SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!Affordable Adult Male South African Boerboel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.