Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives (51637 Views)

BREAKING: Speaker House Of Rep Dogara Bows To Pressure, Resigns / Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by adioolayi(m): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hon Yusuf Sulaimon Lasun representing Osogbo/ Olorunda / Orolu /
Irepodun of Osun state has been eleced Deputy Speaker of the 8 th
Assembly.

Lasun defeated Hon Mohammed Monguno to emerge deputy to
Dogara. He polled a total of 203 votes as against Monguno ’ s 153
votes .

He has been sworn in by the Clerk of the National Assembly,
Salisu Abubakar Maikasuwa .

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/09/lasun-defeats-monguno-emerge-deputy-speaker-house-of-reps/

cc: lalasticlala

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by omisakint: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2331071/scam-alert-www

FTC for the 3rd time today. Am I that idle??

I know I will be gainfully employ real soon. Amen

One Nigeria

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by makzeze: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
God bless Nigeria

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

Nigerians lets unite for the peace and progress of our dear nation.

So help us God.

35 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Onemansquad(m): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
yeah its balance nw
mongonu should jst relax the speaker is from his region already let another region take the seat abeg

*congrats sulaiman lassun*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Paulonminyi: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by PaulJohn1: 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hope that G represent my people of Oshogbo well sha.

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
He should donate his pay to the civil servants of osun

26 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Unblockable: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats to him. At least their election as Speaker/Deputy Speaker was legal, unlike that Saraki's sham of an Election. Saraki would sure regret this!!

46 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by s3nn2x(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nice one
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Omololu007(m): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
I thought d SE said dey will neva sopot a yoruba man...nonsense

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Ama80(f): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats lassu but don't knw ur antecedents hop not a drug lord convict.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Arch1: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
With the leadership of the Nat' Assembly as it is constituted now, i doubt if any bill that has to do with Resource control, Fiscal Federalism and Devolution of Powers would be given any consent

13 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Realdeals(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
We don hear! is it to pacify Jagaban

Watch the Video How Senator Bukola Saraki Emerges Senate President
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just when hopes of a better nigeria was at its peak, the unforeseen happens! The party that has brought nigeria to its knees rules the upper and lower chamber again via proxy!

The druglords, looters, child-molesters parading as leaders and elder statesmen may just have shielded themselves from the whips of Buhari's anti-corruption lashes as a result of this election.

Good God!! How did we get ourselves right back into this mess!!!! I mean, even if EFCC finally indicts saraki, the vice-president is a PDP!!!

It is finished! cry cry

15 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by hopilo: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:
the Yoruba man begged them last night

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
That wraps it up for today. Today's political game has been an interesting one.

Next is the nomination of ministers and special advisers by PMB. Another drama to unfold

grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by nerodenero: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigerian politics is like the more you look, the less you see. Abracadabra cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by AhmedMustapha(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats to him
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Flets: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:

Why are you bothered about the SE, cant you see they are least bothered?

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by AbdH: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:
They only lost out on this one. More APC members voted for Lasun, I believe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yoruba Vice president, yoruba deputy speaker, bukola saraki a yoruba man senate president hmmm.. Its ok.

All we want is a gud governance and a great Nigeria.. Not an imposition system of governance..

God bless Buharis wisdom..
I respect PMB position.m

13 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Huh? shocked What is breaking about this news? I thought my phone screen was gonna crack if I read this news. undecided Congrats to the newly elected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by sammyj: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
And some id**t will come and say the south west has lost out. Shame on PDP and their supporters. Let them go and either hug a live transformer or go and die! !!! cool shocked grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Opinedecandid(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congratulations bro.
Pdp is still rocking.
We no de carry last.

5 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Marotzke(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Smart move to balance the precarious equation. A northern christian was elected as speaker. PDP with their new found sagacity have to pair him with a southern Muslim. Since no viable candidate was found in either SE or SS, anyone from Ipinle Omoluabi will surely do. This is irrespective of party affiliations or loyalty. Pol 321.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by doctokwus: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nobody would find fault with this.Majority of the members were present and they in a free/transparent manner said they prefer Dogara and this Lasun.Its how the game of numbers go.Besides they are both APC.
But for one man who thinks he is smart to have just over half of d senate,with majority of his own party members being absent,and have himself get elected with support of mainly d opposition party members,even allowing an absurd situation where a deputy and "majority leader" emerges from the minority party,I don't expect him to be sleeping well from now on,because he would not find peace until a proper election is conducted after he gets served in his own coin.
Dogara/Lasun congrats.
Saraki may your days be interesting!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by gajike: 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lasun yusuff is from rebel faction
not candidate of apc
tinubu still loose this.
But south west won.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by adioolayi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Where are the mods here? when will you move this thread to where it should belong....

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by sinizia: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:

When did the entire SE say they won't support a Yoruba man, or do you enjoy pulling bùllshits out of your azz?
Is SE the only zone in NASS? Why are you obsessed with SE? Is SE the source of your hate and frustrations? undecided Was SE mentioned in that post?

You need Brighter Grammar textbook, because even your spelling shows you are a dunce.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by adaweezy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
three Yoruba men in the 6 key posts loooool na who lose

6 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by g4everybody(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
I so much love this, Its a big lesson for political party that party leadership should not impose legislative leaders on Nigeria. they should allow d members choose their leader

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olatoye Sugar’s Family Demands N200m From UCH Ibadan For Releasing His Dying Pho / Nnamdi Kanu Writes British Commission, Asks For Consular Services / Babajide Sanwo-olu visits Femi Otedola, dines at his residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.