Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed (3224 Views)

PDP Has Lost Focus Says Bode George - There is Confusion Everywhere / Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by helpee(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Source; Daily post

APC accuses Saraki, Dogara of being pro-PDp.

The All Progressives Congress, APC, on Wednesday noted that the present composition of the leadership of the National Assembly, which has the Upper Chamber headed by Senator Bukola Saraki, and the Lower Chamber by Yakubu Dogara, was pro-Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

This was disclosed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily monitored in Abuja. He insisted that the action of some of its members which resulted in what transpired during the inauguration of the 8th National Assembly on Tuesday was deserving of punishment.

According to him, “What we have in the Senate now is a pro-PDP Senate which is not in the interest of our party. How do you expect us to sit with Ekweremadu and Mark and discuss matters of national importance?

“These are part of the old Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, order we struggled to defeat at the centre. So how can we then sit down with them to discuss issues of national importance with these people?” he asked.

When reminded that the APC still controls majority at the National Assembly, Mohammed noted that the parliament’s leadership as currently constituted is an ally of the PDP, “because it got its mandate through the block votes of the PDP. Remember, there were only eight APC Senators who voted for Saraki. The balance which is 49 are from PDP. In the House of Representatives, only 30 APC members voted for Yakubu Dogara. So you can see that the National Assembly is pro-PDP.

“They even overreached themselves by naming David Mark as the Senate Leader before they realised the illegality of their action and reverse themselves.”

Tinubu is a ‘local champion’, Saraki, Dogara have ended his political career – Bode George
The APC spokesman further noted that inasmuch as the party will not want to lose its members, those involved will still be sanctioned because, “the indiscipline should not be allowed to go just like that. If this is allowed to go, then it means any member can perpetrate bigger indiscipline and hope to get away with it.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by helpee(m): 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
It started with old PDP
Which came to an end with the new PDP
Otherwise known as APC
Which is gradually becoming a new APC
Which is essentially OLD PDP
according to a confession by lai moh'd.
In short, lai moh'd has just confessed that PDP has hijacked the change with new APC.
If you tambuwal me, I will Saraki you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by change49ja: 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
helpee:

Source; Daily post

The All Progressives Congress, APC, on Wednesday noted that the present composition of the leadership of the National Assembly, which has the Upper Chamber headed by Senator Bukola Saraki, and the Lower Chamber by Yakubu Dogara, was pro-Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

This was disclosed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily monitored in Abuja. He insisted that the action of some of its members which resulted in what transpired during the inauguration of the 8th National Assembly on Tuesday was deserving of punishment.

According to him, “What we have in the Senate now is a pro-PDP Senate which is not in the interest of our party. How do you expect us to sit with Ekweremadu and Mark and discuss matters of national importance?

“These are part of the old Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, order we struggled to defeat at the centre. So how can we then sit down with them to discuss issues of national importance with these people?” he asked.

When reminded that the APC still controls majority at the National Assembly, Mohammed noted that the parliament’s leadership as currently constituted is an ally of the PDP, “because it got its mandate through the block votes of the PDP. Remember, there were only eight APC Senators who voted for Saraki. The balance which is 49 are from PDP. In the House of Representatives, only 30 APC members voted for Yakubu Dogara. So you can see that the National Assembly is pro-PDP.

“They even overreached themselves by naming David Mark as the Senate Leader before they realised the illegality of their action and reverse themselves.”

Tinubu is a ‘local champion’, Saraki, Dogara have ended his political career – Bode George
The APC spokesman further noted that inasmuch as the party will not want to lose its members, those involved will still be sanctioned because, “the indiscipline should not be allowed to go just like that. If this is allowed to go, then it means any member can perpetrate bigger indiscipline and hope to get away with it.”

On point Sir
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by frisky2good(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Cry baby

5 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by onajo2000(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Let them feel the heat from PDP.... Tit for tat

4 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by omenka(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
What happened in the National Assembly, especially the Senate, was highly provocative and condemnable. Had Buhari not been the democrat he is, those guys would have had the bums toasted by tear gas just as the immediate past admin did.

The Party's position should be held and respected over and above anyone else's personal opinions.

Very sad development for party politics honestly.

2 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by kenny987(f): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
helpee:

Source; Daily post

You will sit and discuss issues of national importance with them by recognising that they are Nigerians and were voted by Nigerians to carry out the national assignments that make up the issues of national importance. Nigeria is not for sale neither is she to be divided and ruled according to political party affiliations.

APC is just one crazy mix. They talk as if people who are from other political parties are tainted with some kind of disease and they are the only saints! It just smacks of stupidity and greed to think that the PDP that has been in power for nearly 20yrs will suddenly disappear because APC came into existence and supposedly won elections and that is why even where they are obviously defeated they still cry foul! It is disgusting really and just shows the petty individuals that constitute the APC leadership.

A good number of the current APC members were all PDP members so does APC carry some kind of cleansing anointing that wipes away all sin and corruption? Are they not all the same? How well have the APC controlled states fared? Nigeria is a common factor and that is what they should be working towards...I wonder how they just reason the way they do...sickening!!! When did political party affiliation become greater than the call of national duty? That is why they left inauguration and went to attend yet another party meeting and they are here being silly. When a motion to cut down their allowances will come now they will all unite and shout 'NAY' at the top of their lungs forgetting that they could not sit together to discuss 'matters of national importance'...dolts!

When they encouraged and lauded Tambuwal's emergence as Speaker did they hear PDP wonder how they can discuss matters of national importance with him being clearly pro-APC?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by helpee(m): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
What happened in the National Assembly, especially the Senate, was highly provocative and condemnable. Had Buhari not been the democrat he is, those guys would have had the bums toasted by tear gas just as the immediate past admin did.

The Party's position should be held and respected over and above anyone else's personal opinions.

If APC didn't condemn the emergence of tambuwal in the last house against the wish of the then ruling party, they have no moral right to do so today

5 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
PDP is APC n APC is PDP.
Take it or leave it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by PhockPhockMan: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:

I hate hypocrisy, did you hold this same view in 2011 when Tambuwal teamed up with ACN to deny PDP their prefered candidate the Speakership of the lower house.

5 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by omenka(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I hate hypocrisy, did you hold this same view in 2011 when Tambuwal teamed up with ACN to deny PDP their prefered candidate the Speakership of the lower house.
And I hate it when people can't seem to distinguish between two very different scenarios.

My grouse has nothing to do with Saraki getting the backing of some renegade APC members and the entire PDP members. My problem has to do with the process/procedure, as it has the stamp of illegality all over it just as renown Lawyer and SAN Robert Clerke said. Why the hurry, why the rush?? Was that the situation with Tambuwal How are the procedures similar??

Please if you can't understand as little as this, just keep your "hate" of "hypocrisy" to yourself.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Moheat(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wake up Lie Mohammed, you are no longer in opposition!

1 Like

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
And I hate it when people can't seem to distinguish between two very different scenarios.

My grouse has nothing to do with Saraki getting the backing of some renegade APC members and the entire PDP members. My problem has to do with the process/procedure, as it has the stamp of illegality all over it just as renown Lawyer and SAN Robert Clerke said. Why the hurry, why the rush?? Was that the situation with Tambuwal How are the procedures similar??

Please if you can't understand as little as this, just keep your "hate" of "hypocrisy" to yourself.

Thank you.
I believe the following question needs answers
1.can the executive arm of govt exercise powers to either delay/shift/postpone or call off the sitting of the second arm of govt(the 8 Nass Assembly) as contained in the constitution based on a meeting with party officials. or
2.does a party affiliate body has the power to delay/shift/ or exercise to its terms such that the second arm of govt(the 8 assembly)will not hold its proceedings as contained in their calendar

9 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by olawalefelix: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
I think d reason y buhari did nt want saraki to b d senate president in d first place is about his corruption act and I tnk wit d condition now saraki will go back to pdp I tnk dat man is a traitor and wnt his personal ambitious more Dan d country progress.he knows as a sanate and his deputy and majority leader from pdp he is more to pdp Dan to apc because am very sure dos guys gonna give him some condition b4 they vote for him and they will use him.am waiting to see how saraki is going to operate as d sanate leader and see if Nigeria been progressive is his priority
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by helpee(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:

Thank you.
you are the one that should understand. Why fix a meeting for 9am when the house was to be inaugurated by 10am? So you think the inauguration should be suspended because buhari was meeting with APC? Nobody was in a hurry....some people were only in a wrong place at the right time. blame buhari. Blame the senators that chose a meeting with buhari ahead of their inaugural sitting... it was never the fault of Saraki or pdp....it was a matter of choice and preference

2 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Maxymilliano(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
LIe Muhammed should call 911 because PDP has 'hijacked' the national assembly.

Arindin ...

1 Like

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
baralatie:

1.can the executive arm of govt exercise powers to either delay/shift/postpone or call off the sitting of the second arm of govt(the 8 Nass Assembly) as contained in the constitution based on a meeting with party officials. or
2.does a party affiliate body has the power to delay/shift/ or exercise to its terms such that the second arm of govt(the 8 assembly)will not hold its proceedings as contained in their calendar

[b]I'm sure you are not expecting an honest and objective answers for those valid questions u asked him.

The executive arm now dictates to the legislative arm on when and how to conduct their own business because it wants to have a meeting with its party members while a national assignment should now take the back sit until their party meeting is over, what an insult?

Was the inauguration date for the 8th assembly fixed suddenly? No is the answer, so why will APC owners fix their meeting suddenly with their voiceless boys on the morning of an important event of another arm of government and expect to alter the time schedule of that arm of government that have been fixed a long time ago before they even conceived the thought of having an emergency meeting?

APC owners just played their last delay strategy card but it backfired because what they intended to achieve by such delay strategy was decoded by the smarter foxes in the NHA so they were checkmated and now they are whining, if they had succeeded in that their delay strategy scheming, they would have called it political wizardry but now that it backfired, it is now treachery grin grin grin.

The NHA is not an appendage of the Executive and i am glad that the doctrine of separation of power prevailed.

Aggrieved parties should go to court an prove why the clerk of the NHA should give consent to a frivolous demand as against carrying out a statutorily mandated function.

some are even asking why were they in a hurry to carry out the inauguration and my response to that dumb question remains, why were they not in a hurry to commence with their meeting so as to finish on-time and still get to the NHA to partake in the inauguration?

I read on NL that baba slept off and forgot they were waiting for him at ICC while attending to the NHA inauguaration in his dreams and when he woke up it turned out that his dreams were real grin grin grin grin[/b]

5 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Godwin10123: 12:18am On Jun 11, 2015
Ghen ghen the game has just began!!!
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Dannidom(m): 12:29am On Jun 11, 2015
My dear Igbos ndi nwe mmadu please check my signature is for our own good
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 11, 2015
Senseless fowl
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by dunkem21(m): 1:14am On Jun 11, 2015
baralatie:

You can't honestly get the answers of those mind boggling questions from a hypocrite.

Quit trying.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:21am On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:

If only you made this submission in 2011 re Tambuwal .
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:25am On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:

Thank you.

Where is the rush?

An assembly that was supposed to be inaugurated on the 5th of June waited till the 9th of June and you call thst rush?

Let APC go to court.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by stebell(m): 5:54am On Jun 11, 2015
There was no rush in anything. Some APC senators and leaders fixed a meeting to get the blessing of the dullard Buhari, only to find out that the brainless one has slept off leaving them there stranded like a soaked dog. By the tym they realized wat was happening, the house has chosen leader Saraki. Now they are whinning.
Abeg they shud approach the court or betta still expel them frm the party.
PDP is waiting in the wings to welcome them.

Jus wanna say like Tambuwal like Saraki.
Omenka is a bigot. Egift aka egoat is a tribalist.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by fitzmayowa: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2015
Somebody should please remind lai mohammed his party is no longer the opposition, they are already in power now...

He (lai mohammed) should quit releasing opposition like press release, he should rather lay the blame of his own party who failed to manage their own internal party issue...

PDP can't be held responsible for their own carelessness...SMH

2 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:

Buhari was the brains behind Saraki's emergence, ode
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by egift(m): 6:38am On Jun 11, 2015
stebell:
Omenka is a bigot. Egift aka egoat is a tribalist.

@stebell: You definitely had a traumatized childhood (maybe even assaulted and petrified). Else I see no other reason you and some very unstable mates will go about abusing fellow member on Nairaland just because you want to make some meaningless comment. Frankly I easily forgive you knowing fully well you exhibit symptoms of a brutalized child. Please seek help before it is too late.

@OP: APC should try and resolve this peacefully. There even bigger battles ahead. The damage PDP left behind is enormous. Nigerians want result at the end.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Gboliwe: 6:38am On Jun 11, 2015
baralatie:

Omenka come and answer these simple questions or stop wearing that furlong look and embrace the change you have been clamoring for.

This is hypocrisy at its most annoying! angry
You disturb every body including yourself of being a Change agent, see the change now, you are crying around like your daddy Liar Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2015
Gboliwe:

Omenka come and answer these simple questions or stop wearing that furlong look and embrace the change you have been clamoring for.

This is hypocrisy at its most annoying! angry
You disturb every body including yourself of being a Change agent, see the change now, you are crying around like your daddy Liar Mohammed.

Lai Mohamed is not used to being part of the ruling party.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2015
egift:

@stebell: You definitely had a traumatized childhood (maybe even assaulted and petrified). Else I see no other reason you and some very unstable mates will go about abusing fellow member on Nairaland just because you want to make some meaningless comment. Frankly I easily forgive you knowing fully well you exhibit symptoms of a brutalized child. Please seek help before it is too late.

@OP: APC should try and resolve this peacefully. There even bigger battles ahead. The damage PDP left behind is enormous. Nigerians want result at the end.

God bless Nigeria.

Stick to the issue.
Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by Gboliwe: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

just like Omenka tongue

1 Like

Re: PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed by fitzmayowa: 6:44am On Jun 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fanatical Sign Post That Got Me Thinking In Kaduna / Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). / Igbos In Kano Disown Pro- Biafra Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.