Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

He Missed An Interview Because……. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Missed An Interview Because……. (32902 Views)

N-Power: For Those Who Missed The First Test! / He Missed A Mouth Watering Job In An Oil Firm On The Day Of The Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by leonshom(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nothing, he will just learn how to keep his phone with him next time, u can't kill your brother over the job you haven't gotten yet. Even if he was able to meet up with the interview,he might still not be selected. Whatever that belongs to him will surely not pass him!
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by patfem(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
I won't worry because God's tym is d best, dr is a reason 4 every season.

May b God actually used dat 15 yrs old boy 2 save hm frm a very big calamity
Who knowz.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
Midehi:
enemy from utaka tree!
Which of the famous ex-monikers of Nairalanders are you?
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by coldgate(f): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Well, the best thing to do is.....

Hang the brother to a ceiling fan with a rope and put on the fan. Let him rotate for about 2 hours undecided. This will help his brain to stimulate and become more active. angry

But seriously.....there is nothing he can do to that brother but accept that the job wasn't meant to be his. At least, he should have learnt that you don't joke with the mobile number that appears on your CV.

Best advice so far. In addition, teach your brother some manners. My 3-yr old child knows to run to me anytime my phone rings.

2 Likes

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Bolincosugar(f): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Just try not to leave your phone again , be more careful.

God will surprise you with a better offer soon

Every disappointment is a blessing
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by McBic(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Until the likes of u understand the meaning of 'hand set', this will continue to be ur faith.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by phintohlar(f): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Speechless
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by benebaby77: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

@the bolded, no...no....no

Don't say that again or.....

Bro, that's the true.... My phone is my best friend, my girlfriend and what have you...
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by mastermind2020(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
THE WAY OF GOD IS NOT THE WAY OF MEN...GOD KNWS Y ..AND BESIDE IT JUST AN INTERVIEW HE HAS NOT GOTTEN THE JOB YET...SO D YOUNGER BROTHER SHOULD BE FORGIVEN ..
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Spells(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Everything happens for a reason, but am gonna b a lil vexed.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Graccccccccy(f): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Haaaa....Ise ayeeee
Real A.F.C....... Aye Follow Come
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by toprealman: 12:46am On Jun 11, 2015
NOTHING, CLEARLY THAT'S NOT HIS JOB AND THE COY LOOKS LIKE ONE FOR YOUR EVERYDAY KIND OF PERSON. NO THANKS!
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by pomsky: 3:13am On Jun 11, 2015
hilariousmatt:
This just happened at my office today.
Our Human Resource (HR) personnel called some people yesterday to come for a job interview today, giving them all necessary details about the interview, venue etc. Today, the interview was conducted and our HR personnel discovered a guy wasn’t around among the interviewee. However, she (HR) called him to know if all was well only for the guy to tell her he didn’t receive any call from our company after which she ended the call. The guy letter called back saying he just discovered after checking his call log that our company truly called, but his phone was with his 15 years old younger brother as at that time who was playing game on his phone and he (the younger brother) was the one who received the call and got all the message on his behalf but forgot to deliver the message to him.
The guy pleaded if the company could reconsider, saying he has been searching for jobs for many years and our HR personnel told him she will get back to him if the company reconsiders. But the truth is, the interview has already been concluded and they have chosen those they want to choose.
I pity him though, but………GOD knows best.
If you were the guy, what will you do to your brother?

[size=14pt].......why didn't your company also send texts for the interview?[/size]
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Which of the famous ex-monikers of Nairalanders are you?
question for the ......
i am one & only.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by PastorAji(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2015
For pipul wey dey say God's time.......I dey pity u for 5-HD

I'd learnt 2 valuable lessons using mobile phones

1. In 2012 after I went for a test/interview for my last job in Lagos, when I was returning to Ibadan, my phone got stolen. Immediately I had to retrieve the line after I got home and it was inserted into my mum's phone. Some days after when she got home in the night, my brother called me that they've been calling me that I should call a particular person. When I called the person, he wasn't answering well but later I discovered that I was to resume for work immediately. That's how I would have missed it

2. In October 2013, on a particular sunday after I came back from church I had to sleep cos I was tired. When I woke up, I saw 8 missed calls from a number. When I called back they're telling me "sorry we wanted to do a phone interview with you at that time but ur line wasn't going through." I almost lost that job opportunity.........

My 2Billion
"The number on your CV is as important as the job you are applying for" don't joke with it for any reason
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2015
Would feel bad....
give him som heavy slaps...for piking my call n nt delivering d msg he got......
would ban him frm using ma phn...
would try n reach d company or probably still visit d company if its nt far..hoping for a miracle tho........
if company insist candidate hs alredi bn selected..., would com bk hom n move ahead, n pray dt such opportunity wud nt pass me by...again
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by mrspeaker: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2015
The job is not meant for you. What if you had gone for the interview and you weren't given the job whom will you blame? So u have to move on. Trust in God a better offer is close to you and those who believe.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2015
Ok I just snooped

6ty6ix:
if i where in his shoes i would just conclude that the job is not for me, and that God is preparing something good for me
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2015
Kolade354:
You must be kidding me spanikng for real?
...yeah...he deserves it...he just ruined someones effort....
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by tessylove2(f): 11:36am On Jun 11, 2015
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by DECOtech(m): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2015
hilariousmatt:

I won't do anything to my brother. I will only learn to always keep my phone to myself no matter the circumstance
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
hilariousmatt:
This just happened at my office today.
I pity him though, but………GOD knows best.

I wudnt do much other than to lock him up in a room alone for hours,shikena
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

question for the ......

i am one & only.
I know your type.
Swear with your front teeth that you don't v another handle.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by ArcToyin(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
I see that as more of carelessly and despomdency. How wil one leave one's phone for a person for game sake. Consider him running the battery down ds days. Phone is as important as email.
6ty6ix:
if i where in his shoes i would just conclude that the job is not for me, and that God is preparing something good for me
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by geestar(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
I wl never mk my broda smell my fone again,I wl warn him never to touch my fone in his life again,
But God forbid bad tins
Pray God wl gv d guy his own job.
Amen
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by toprealman: 8:34pm On May 27, 2017
Won't loose sleep over this. Only thing is my phone will never be far away from me! Once beaten...
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by obojememe: 9:47pm On May 27, 2017
that's why its always ideal to have a small phone, i mean all this application-less phone that can use 5days without u charging or no games nor multimedia functions on it,u put your hotline in the phone and u are good to go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. / NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out! / How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.