Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President (34990 Views)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by adconline(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!
If 57 Senators voted, how come Ekweremadu polled 54 while Akume polled 20? Don't forget that it's the SP that appoints committee chairmen.. So PDP is likely going to get a lot juicy positions based on what they their bargained for.. PDP just outsmarted APC..

3 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!

Cry me a river son!

5 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by RobinHez(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
una no dey tire forr politiks?

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by agabaI23(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

I think you are not right.

If PDP had done that, the senate president would have been a metastable president. You will need the obvious support of a sizeable members of APC to pull that one off otherwise you will dispate your excess energy quickly and crash back to ground state

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Jowonloju(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

PDP knows Saraki will end up as a scapegoat. Now that president has confirmed, he called the meeting, is a matter of time, Saraki will regret his action. I know Buhari will not allow the party to break.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by zik4ever: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President you won election since and you have been in office long enough, please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate. Some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by idris4eva(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
We all know the drill, saraki strike a deal with the PDP to elect him as the senate president and in return ekweremadu will return has the deputy senate president...all these one dino melaye is talking is nonsense,because he his also among the APC rebels.....

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Reference(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abeg enough of thjs APC legislative caper and let us discuss the nation. Haba, even at the heights of PDP's impunity we still had national issues close to the surface if discourse.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by godwin120alex: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hahaha
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by wyman3: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Are you in need of modern professional exterior and interior PAINTERS,POP-SCREEDER'S,TILLER'S.

All kind of painting(stucco,marble,crack etc)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2498195_14313850068029051412likpopwallscreedingmarblepaintemulsionpaintsatinpaintfixingofwallpaperetcwhatwedobestagboyike_jpeg52e6894a5b119097d80f9299d6b3d02e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2498196_14313850068029051413likpopwallscreedingmarblepaintemulsionpaintsatinpaintfixingofwallpaperetcwhatwedobesthomeapp_jpegd0e438d09a11bf39b44640414e57ae80

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2498383_14320146377995442413_jpega08e0ef26664d27af0f2994e227084dc

POP-sreeding(fixing and casting)professionals.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2499880_14308173238012662162likepopwallscreedingmarblepaintemulsionpaintsatinpaintwallpaperectwatwedobestenrichingwallsag_jpeg5fe53cd1fe4f08107527a50541db6427
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2500237_14322852708056877914_jpeg06eb501f2a86a2bff822753aef2e23a5

Tilling of all kind(laminating etc)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2500303_14271053407916641465_jpeg8fbb281e6ec14f0cb1e5bb40cacfd436

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2500304_777124img20150327084012300x400_jpeg94c13495975440b326b83550f9a00efc

Then you just met competent hands at BLISS LIMITEDwith years of expertise in the art,and modern day equipments,ready to execute your projects to the best and according to your specs.

Click on this link>>www.nairaland.com/2369916/bliss-limitedwe-offer-expertise-all

To have a glance at our photo gallery

Contact us at
Shipper's plaze,around PDP National
Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone
5 Abuja.:

Phone:
0810-6925-962

We operate all over the country and are ready to take up,all kinds of projects.
Whether big or small.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by wola44: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
If not for APC Dino Melaye will not become senator . The guy is ungrateful to APC. PDP throw Dino Melaye out of their party.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Reference(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abeg enough of this APC legislative caper and let us discuss the nation. Haba, even at the heights of PDP's impunity we still had national issues close to the surface if discourse.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by phranseeqz(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
The blame game should be forgotten and they should all move on. However, had pdp been smart, they would have clinched the senate presidency which would have been worse for them.
After all, it's a game of numbers and numbers determine the winnings.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by nwadiuko1(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

u need to understand politics before delving into it.......what would it have gained pdp to have a senate president that l be impeached within two months or less?.........pdp was actually smart because apc cannot impeach saraki without doing serious damage to their party

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Iwonimi(m): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] Dino this nothing but political arrangement. Let us sit watch dis New Nigeria movie, I think it getting interested. I promise it won't last for 4yrs
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by charly4lyf(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
What's this one saying and who are the cohorts? Greedy politicians

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by hotice01: 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

Its a simple political manoeuvre. if they elect a PDP senate
president,it would been a pyrrhic victory because it would make
APC even more united in fighting PDP.
All they simply did was to help an selected APC candidate who
was a former party member win the seat,thus creating more
discord in the party.
After all a broom is useless and cannot sweep well if its cord is
broken.
Making them fight themselves and creating chaos in the
opposition camp is the best way to bounce back.
If APC punishes Saraki,problem for them.if they do not,another
big problem cuz impunity will reign in the party,saraki and
dagora will become more powerful.forming more factions within
the party.
PDP showing APC how to play political chess.beautiful
checkmate by PDP

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by kenex4ever(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
vedaxcool:

It would have been a great source of comic relief, had PDP serve Bukola cold tea
we r not greedy in pdp. Chop I chop.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
u need to understand politics before delving into it.......what would it have gained pdp to have a senate president that l be impeached within two months or less?.........pdp was actually smart because apc cannot impeach saraki without doing serious damage to their party

You rather are the one that need to understand politics before 'delving' into it. PDP has 49 Senators while APC has 59 Senators minus the dead Ahmed Zanna from Borno State. How many Senators are needed to impeach the Senate President? 72. How many does APC have? 59 for the now. Now tell me how 59 can impeach the Senate President when 2/3 (72) is needed. Go and learn Politics before displaying your ignorance online!

5 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by otunbakolawole(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
APC case is more like a hunter that was seeking an Antelope, and suddenly he kills an elephant. We want power, now here is the power, No clue as to what to do with it.

On a more serious note, this Saraki situation is actually good for Nigerians. It will keep the senators on their toes, and the senate won't be anywhere wey belle face.

APC senators and those crying here should be ashamed. Am APC, and I support Saraki, and Gbaja's candidature unfortunately Gbaja lost, and my support goes to Dogara.

The President of the senate as it stands today is APC, why the noise. The President sent in his proclamation to the Clerk of NASS, all Legislators and their families were to convene at 9.30am for the program to start at 10am. Instead some people want to hold the nation to ransom, and decided to tour ICC for sightseeing and boost tourism in Abuja, since that's what their constituents sent them to do.

The serious ones went into the NASS, and elected their principal officers on Live Television, what else do we want?

The leadership of APC should actually apologise to Nigerians, coz it seems they are not ready for business.

If they know ABS is not the SP, why did they show up today for their own swearing in ceremony, they should have been fined for wasting the time that would have been used for tangible deliberations.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by kenex4ever(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
chiefinalowo:

There is no way APC will take major decision at National Assembly without PDP.
u just defined democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Tarinigeria2015: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
APC has shown that they are not ready for governance or could someone please tell me what the hell they were doing at ICC when they have inauguration by 10.am in the chambers. It only shows that they have no respect for TIME and felt the whole country will wait for them.
Nigeria is a moving train on fast speed, hungry for development....any delay is dangerous. Now I guess they know better

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by anonimi: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
zik4ever:
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President you won election since and you have been in office long enough, please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate. Some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

Nothing could be more true as illustrated below embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281191_politricks_jpeg1e074f9e4eb2ed17a7bc4617eb7731cb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by nwadiuko1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

You rather are the one that need to understand politics before 'delving' into it. PDP has 49 Senators while APC has 59 Senators minus the dead Ahmed Zanna from Borno State. How many Senators are needed to impeach the Senate President? 72. How many does APC have? 59 for the now. Now tell me how 59 can impeach the Senate President when 2/3 (72) is needed. Go and learn Politics before displaying your ignorance online!
if you are not ignorant you will know that pdp's only bargaining chip was their support for saraki,.........even if someone had nominated mark or any other pdp senator for that post......dia is no way pdp would have won

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by mkoabiola: 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dino melaye again.
Comimg to display hs rascality in NASS.
I see anoda thuggery n fighting in d house.
Ds will b d worst

3 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by mbulela: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Dino Melaye has not learnt anything from what led to his being suspended in the House of Representatives for months around 2010. He is already getting himself involved in controversies.
With such principless twats in the legislature we can forget any vaunted change.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
if you are not ignorant you will know that pdp's only bargaining chip was their support for saraki,.........even if someone had nominated mark or any other pdp senator for that post......dia is no way pdp would have won

You clearly know nothing so no need wasting my time on you.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by DevilhimseIf: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Dino Melaye has not learnt anything from what led to his being suspended in the House of Representatives for months around 2010. He is already getting himself involved in controversies.

my boy grin
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Beface(m): 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
modath:
[

Sis, Dino's matter has gone beyond madness, he has entered trouble in his native kogi.

Kogi people are due to go to the polls for governorship later in the year and the good people of Kogi have every plan of chasing out PDP but Dino has by his "oversabi" breathed life into the comatose Kogi PDP & the likes of Audu Ogbeh are maaaaaaadddddd!!!

He's trying to dodge the bullets but there is no rest for the wicked.
There is no correlation between Dino's action and the on coming election that will be taken place in Kogi State because the Governor is hate by almost everybody in the state due to his inability to pay worker's complete salaries.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jorlons(m): 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

Ndume was the foool here sorry to say and Dino malaye is nothing but a barefaced liar. My reaction on reading his statement was one of utter disgust. I mean, Ekweremadu polled 54 votes against Ndume's 20 and PDP has just 49 senators, which means the extra 5 votes could only have come from the APC. Coming out to tell this lie is another slap on the party.

APC leadership needs to sit these rebels down and demand an open confession from them on what they bargained with the PDP, cause I see PDP holding more juicy positions in the house.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Godson32(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Even if the 33 APC senators that were absent came to vote and we JUST assumed they all voted for the APC candidate it should be PDP 54 votes and APC 53 votes(20 +33). Maybe 53 will be greater than 54,I know that Nigerians are unbelieveable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: I Got My NYSC Even Before Buhari Wrote His Cambridge / Nnamdi Kanu Trial Adjourned Untill January 19th / Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Alleged Plot To Intimidate Voters With Oro Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.