Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS (49820 Views)

HIV/AIDS Cure; Watch Prof. Ezeibe On NTA Live By 7am. / Nigerian Scientist Maduike Ezeibe Produces Drug That Cures HIV,3 Patients Cured / How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by ceononi: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wetin I dey be like Vit. C oooo....Anyways to prove the authenticity of the drug, he should inject himself with the virus and then try and cure himself. grin
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Dan2ike: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
A Prof wouldn't ridicule himself or set himself up for international embarrassement if his discovery isn't authentic. American and UK journals that published his finding are not stupid.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by EplFanSite: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
AMAZING! Court tells man to stay dead

Donald Eugene was legally declared dead in 1994 and an American court has ruled he has to remain dead.

Guess you want to know why...... Find out @ http://www.afaat.com/2015/06/amazing-court-tells-man-to-stay-dead/
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by FullDepth1: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gerrard59:
How many clinical trials has he conducted?

What stage is he?

What are the possible side effects of the drug?

Where is the link to the publications so we too can see?

Which lab did he perform his experiment?

Has it been tasted on mouse, monkeys?

These and many questions that deserves answers. It's not about been a black man or so called racism of Caucasian, there are steps to follow, procedures to adhere to when discovering a drug.

We need to know how many people have volunteered to his clinical trials.

Pharmaceutical companies even in the West have lost billions of dollars on R& D on Alzheimer's, Cancer etc.
It takes time, money and resources to discover and produce a new drug. Besides, HIV is caused by a virus and it's extremely difficult to isolate one. Virus not Bacteria.

This Link below might help answer your pertinent questions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/hiv-scientists-mou-make-breakthrough/

Cheers.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by jared007: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
PervyByNature:
Very soon he'll dissapear just like the others. Something tells me that the cure to this virus has long been found but some people are really doing their best to put a lid on it. There have been several claims to a cure but once you hear of them, they dissapear. Mr. Man u berra go into hiding oo. #Nuffsaid
you are right. There's a possible cure but evil globalist don't want it released. HIV is a biological weapon manufactured to put in check the growth of world population!
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
now a nigerian has found a cure we won't ebrace it. But when a white man does it we worship them why? aren't we made by God too?

2 Likes

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Riiiiight.

Now....please I am not here to attack anyone's tribe, or to insult anyone.

I am just as interested in new theraphies for HIV.....and yes...I want a cure.I see a lot of sick patients every day with the disease.

But....I doubt this man has the cure because

1.) He has not told us how the drug works.

2) Where are the results from animal, and human studies? Has he done Phase 0-3 testing?

3.Still on the testing...before he can claim it works...he better do a phase 3 test...ie a RCT where it is compared to HIV ARV'S. Has he done that? No.

4.) For a HIV cure to work...the patient treated with such a cure must not just test negative for HIV. All his cells....MUST be free of the virus.

Sorry.....but the Prof does not have a cure for HIV....until all these questions are answered.

Modified...1;50pm

Here is part of the abstract from his research paper: Assessment of Antiretroviral Effects of a Synthetic Aluminum-magnesium Silicate

Materials and Methods: Plasma that tested positive to HIV and the AMS were mixed, on equal volume to weight basis, incubated one hour at room temperature and centrifuged for ten minutes at 3,000 revolutions per minute. These procedures were repeated on each supernatant. HIV titres of the two sets of supernatants and the titres in portions of the plasma, not incubated with the AMS were assessed by direct passive hemagglutination test.
Results: Mean HIV titres of the plasma increased from 4.00±1.60 to 14.00±2.00 when incubated with the AMS. Repeating the incubation, reduced mean HIV titres in plasma from 14.00±2.00 to 6.50±1.50 (P=0.024).

Source:http://www.sciencedomain.org/abstract.php?iid=380&id=12&aid=2831

In simple language....he has just done an invitro test. He has not yet done human testing.....so all we can say is...it shows promise....but it is not a cure.

wie did u school nd who told u dat virus infection cn nt be cure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by mordouc(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
CR77:
I hope it work because i'm tired of my bobo wearing rubber
I like you my dear...True talk.

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Jonwesley(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
Behira:
shocked I kinda hav doubts tho but lets see how dis pass the eligibility test.

Wrong usage of the word 'eligibility'.

Eligibility is an adjective associated with a person, or animals!, being able, qualify for something. Example; eligible voters, eligible bachelors. Certainly not with drugs.

For drugs or medical applications, use words such as follows:

Accuracy
Validity
Reliability
Sensitivity
Amplification
Precision
Comparability

Maybe a substitution of eligibility in your quoted sentence with any of the above would have made a better understanding.

My little cents, no offense tho!
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by mordouc(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
richiejaggs:
now a nigerian has found a cure we won't ebrace it. But when a white man does it we worship them why? aren't we made by God too?
We no get sense naa as we no blve in our skin colour. Na so that idiot Ghanian presenter say why buhari go wear native go G7. Oloriburuku somebody.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by CR77(f): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
UWC
mordouc:

I like you my dear...True talk.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
millionboi:
wie did u school nd who told u dat virus infection cn nt be cure?

I am a doctor.

I guess that is self explanatory.

And now...I suggest you read about Phases of clinical research

Thank you.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
FullDepth1:

This Link below might help answer your pertinent questions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/hiv-scientists-mou-make-breakthrough/

Cheers.

All the link shows is that the good prof has just done test on plasma.

He has not yet done animal or human testing.

So,not a cure.

It is a cure if it can clear HIV from every tissue in a living human being infected with the virus.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
kay29000:

Hmm! So, what do they normally do to silence people like these? Pay them millions of dollars, or send a hit man to kill them, and make it look like an accident?
u r right,many ppl already ve d cure,I mean Hiv cn be cure bt wat u typd below has been d problem,so ppl wit d cure r afraid of mekin it open,so ppl ve bein receivin cure 4d virus secretly

2 Likes

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
I'm sure if he was a white man now, you guys will start encouraging him, you don't have faith in him cuz he's a black man, he's claims might actually be right, why not we give him a chance
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sammyblake:
I'm sure if he was a white man now, you guys will start encouraging him, you don't have faith in him cuz he's a black man, he's claims might actually be right, why not we give him a chance

If he was a white man...I would ask the same questions I am asking now.....have you done animal and human testing? Have you done an RCT? How is your phase 4 test going.? Animal testing....how is LD50?

Because when lives are at stake....you want to be sure that something works well.

And I really want a HIV cure....I am a doctor....I see HIV patients every day.I want a cure....a working cure.

This has nothing to do with whites vs blacks.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If he was a white man...I would ask the same questions I am asking now.....have you done animal and human testing? Have you done an RCT? How is your phase 4 test going.? Animal testing....how is LD50?

Because when lives are at stake....you want to be sure that something works well.

And I really want a HIV cure....I am a doctor....I see HIV patients every day.I want a cure....a working cure.

.. He's a professor, not a student, all the test you are saying, I'm sure he has done it, he can't just come out without proper testing of the drugs to ridicule himself #although I'm not a doctor bt i still stand on my word, he should be given a chance , let's make use of every little shot we got# my respect sir

2 Likes

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

.. He's a professor, not a student, all the test you are saying, I'm sure he has done it, he can't just come out without proper testing of the drugs to ridicule himself #although I'm not a doctor bt i still stand on my word, he should be given a chance , let's make use of every little shot we got against aids # my respect sir

2 Likes

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
teetee123:
I totally agree with you. No pre-clinical trial, clinical trial, or even NAFDAC input or approval, are Nigerian scientists competing with the paraga or opa eyin peddlers?
It would have been a great news but I am really sad that a University professor will be peddling his findings on the page of a soft selling magazine.
I tried getting his publications via Pubmed since he claimed publishing in BMJ and ?Medical Research but only came up with 5 veterinary/ animal sciences papers in his name (Ezeibe MC).
I understand there are politics and intrigues surrounding HIV treatment and care as the people presently benefiting from the disease will go against an immediate cure but this is not a scientific and evidence based way of announcing an important findings to the world.

so u r aware of. D intrigues surroundin d cure nd u stil tink thy is no cure 4d virus......thy is cure bro nd ppl r receivin treatment scretly

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
nationwide1:

Not only white man even Nigerians.

Some Nigerians are making hundreds of millions for HIV management. Such people dismiss anything 'cure' with a wave of hand.
The selfishness and greed is pathetic.
U r right....e.g Epidemiologists
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by xeeco: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
charix:
He's a bastard scammer. He should submit his findings to the WHO let's see what'd happen.

You are ruthlessly gross and disrespectful I must say. You just behaved like a bastard.

3 Likes

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by fardolly: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
If this man claim is true I will be d happiset man on earth cos am tired of wearing Condom all d time...Tomiwa,Animash,Ejo,femi yellow,onikun yussuf nd others op u una dey die man oooo....shakiti Bobo..Hon Ikoks on point
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by fardolly: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
If this man claim is true I will be d happiset man on earth cos am tired of wearing Condom all d time...Tomiwa,Animash,Ejo,femi yellow,onikun yussuf nd others op u una dey hear dis man oooo....shakiti Bobo..Hon Ikoks on point

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I am a doctor.

I guess that is self explanatory.

And now...I suggest you read about Phases of clinical research

Thank you.
Even as a doctor u stand 2be correctd by me a microbiologist.....viral infection can be cured ok

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
millionboi:
Even as a doctor u stand 2be correctd by me a microbiologist.....virus can be cured ok

As I said....for the cure to be verified...invivo, invitro,then animal, then phase 1-4 testing in humans.(You should know about phases of drug testing)....so that we can know if the drug is effective...as well as establish things like safe dosage, side effects, efficacy, pharmacokinetics, etc.!

And it must clear the virus completely from the human body....every tissue and organ and the plasma...in a living intact human infected with the virus before we can say it is a cure.

Simples.

I did not say that viruses can never be cured....I merely outlined the process by which the prof's cure could be verified.

Prof is still at the invivo/invitro phase. Until it passes phase 3/rct testing...before we can say it is a cure.

And me...I want cure. I am tired of watching HIV positive patients suffer. But it must undergo the phases first...before we end up with serious complications.

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Behira(f): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jonwesley:

Wrong usage of the word 'eligibility'.

Eligibility is an adjective associated with a person, or animals!, being able, qualify for something. Example; eligible voters, eligible bachelors. Certainly not with drugs.

For drugs or medical applications, use words such as follows:

Accuracy
Validity
Reliability
Sensitivity
Amplification
Precision
Comparability

Maybe a substitution of eligibility in your quoted sentence with any of the above would have made a better understanding.

My little cents, no offense tho!
Tnx kiss
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by seunfape(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
I trust my lecturer they cant sing without drum.anything coming from my school will surely work,wht u need to do is to test it if u re a HIV positive.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by millionboi(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Doc. Al d tinz u mentiond here is a premilary in research,I mean d prof would ve done al dos test.then 4 d dosage,side effect e'cet can be done later....because wat d prof claim is to ve found a 'drug'(I beliv u knw d definition of drug) dat cn cure d viral infection.......and mind u,HIV is nt difficult 2kill,bt destroyin it witout harmin d host has bein d challenge,is possibl d prof has find a cure.
bushdoc9919:

As I said....for the cure to be verified...invivo, invitro,then animal, then phase 1-4 testing in humans.(You should know about phases of drug testing)....so that we can know if the drug is effective...as well as establish things like safe dosage, side effects, efficacy, pharmacokinetics, etc.!

And it must clear the virus completely from the human body....every tissue and organ and the plasma...in a living intact human infected with the virus before we can say it is a cure.

Simples.

I did not say that viruses can never be cured....I merely outlined the process by which the prof's cure could be verified.

Prof is still at the invivo/invitro phase. Until it passes phase 3/rct testing...before we can say it is a cure.

And me...I want cure. I am tired of watching HIV positive patients suffer. But it must undergo the phases first...before we end up with serious complications.

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by hilary26(m): 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
charix:
He's a bastard scammer. He should submit his findings to the WHO let's see what'd happen.

Do you know how Ebola was cured?

Did American drugs cure the 8 Nigerian cases.

If he submits his findings to WHO they ll rubbish it and ban it worst still lock him up.

But he might have discovered the cure

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
millionboi:
Doc. Al d tinz u mentiond here is a premilary in research,I mean d prof would ve done al dos test.then 4 d dosage,side effect e'cet can be done later....because wat d prof claim is to ve found a 'drug'(I beliv u knw d definition of drug) dat cn cure d viral infection.......and mind u,HIV is nt difficult 2kill,bt destroyin it witout harmin d host has bein d challenge,is possibl d prof has find a cure.

All prof has done is to clear HIV in a sample of plasma.

(Am sure if I added Sulphuric acid to a batch of plasma...it would clear it too).

For it to be a cure...it must clear out HIV virus from the tissues, organs and plasma of a living intact human being infected with HIV.

And Prof has not gotten to that stage yet....he has to do animal testing....and then human testing in four phases....the most important of which is phase 3 testing...which involves comparing the drug performance in humans who take it vs those who do not.

And all that procedure is to establish if the drug is safe, if it does not have any long term effects on the human body, if it even works in humans, and most importantly the therapeutic dose.

Look.....I am not here to say that black man cannot get cure for HIV. All I am saying is....let due process be followed....so that HIV patients do not suffer unnecessarily.

So...it is not a cure. Until due process has been satisfied. And please.....I WANT A CURE. I have seen HIV patients suffer . I WANT A CURE. I JUST WANT ONE THAT HAS PASSED EVERY RIGOROUS STAGE OF TESTS AND TRIALS...NOT AN UNPROVEN DRUG.

And yes....I think that black people can invent things....and are as intelligent as whites.

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
hilary26:

Do you know how Ebola was cured?

Did American drugs cure the 8 Nigerian cases.

If he submits his findings to WHO they ll rubbish it and ban it worst still lock him up.

But he might have discovered the cure

Those who recovered from Ebola did so because their immune system had a factor that enabled them survive the virus.

Those who died did not have that factor.(Having the factor is influenced by genetics.).

Z-mapp helped some survive....some did not.

And if Prof submitted his findings to WHO...they would ask for animal and human studies results....which have not yet been done and which take years to be done...before they can approve the cure.

Please....we in healthcare want a cure for HIV. We are tired of watching people suffer. And that includes the WHO. But...rlet every thing be done decently and in order....
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS by Temmytea70(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
Behira:
shocked I kinda hav doubts tho but lets see how dis pass the validity test.

Pls kindly let us know the efficacy when you finish your dosage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HELP: When Should I Start Making Love To My Wife Again After Giving Birth?? / Top-6 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage / Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.