Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

All You Need To Know About KIA - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / All You Need To Know About KIA (11993 Views)

How I Was Disgraced By A Kia / All-new 2017 Kia Cadenza Brings More Luxury And Refinement / Kia Motors Nigeria Partners With Uber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2015
Hello,

My name is Victor, i'm KIA's Business/Fleet Manager (Abuja and North).

I am here to address all your questions and inquiry about the KIA brand.

Feel free to ask.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by AJJ17(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello there
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Lagusta(m): 1:05am On Jun 12, 2015
You can answer any question abi??

Okay, here goes....

1) how much is the kia soul sen. Ben Murray-bruce drives?

2) which is the cheapest, but very durable brand new kia one can buy without breaking the CBN?

3) How does kia cover its warranty on its cars?

4) is there any after sales service/spare parts sales?

5) Okay, that's all for now cool

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by lonelydora: 9:30am On Jun 13, 2015
How much is Kia Cerato now?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by daVinci1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
VictorAB:
Hello,
My name is Victor, i am a KIA's Business/Fleet Manager (Abuja and North).
I am here to address all your questions and inquiry about the KIA brand.
Feell free to ask.

Tnx Victor for stopping by. My Kia Cerato key remote stopped working so I manually have to unlock the doors and open the trunk as well (quite difficult, I tell u). What would it cost me to get a functional replacement at a good price?

Then the audio control buttons on my steering wheel aren't working anymore. Without breaking the bank, what help can I get from u? I live in Aba, Abia State.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
So sorry for the late reply, had issues logging into my NL account.

Whats the model of the Kia Cerato,does it still have a valid warranty?

Your answer to the above will guide me in giving you a precise cost

daVinci1:

Tnx Victor for stopping by. My Kia Cerato key remote stopped working so I manually have to unlock the doors and open the trunk as well (quite difficult, I tell u). What would it cost me to get a functional replacement at a good price?

Then the audio control buttons on my steering wheel aren't working anymore. Without breaking the bank, what help can I get from u? I live in Aba, Abia State.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
1) how much is the kia soul sen. Ben Murray-bruce drives? - Ben's car is a Custom made but you can get it for 10.5m

2) which is the cheapest, but very durable brand new kia one can buy without breaking the CBN? - N1.950m exl VAT - Kia Rio 1.2l engine Manual drive

5yrs or 100,000km which ever one comes first.

4) is there any after sales service/spare parts sales? Yes , your first service is free

Lagusta:
You can answer any question abi??

Okay, here goes....

1) how much is the kia soul sen. Ben Murray-bruce drives? - Ben's car is a Custom made but you can get it for 10.5m

2) which is the cheapest, but very durable brand new kia one can buy without breaking the CBN? - N1.950m exl VAT

5yrs or 100,000km which ever one comes first.

4) is there any after sales service/spare parts sales? Yes , your first service is free

5) Okay, that's all for now cool

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
We have 3 Variants of KIA Cerato.

1.6l Engine EX

1.6l Engine EX - Higher features

2.0l Engine EX

lonelydora:
How much is Kia Cerato now?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
AJJ17:
Hello there

Hello Sir
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by lonelydora: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
VictorAB:
We have 3 Variants of KIA Cerato.

1.6l Engine EX

1.6l Engine EX - Higher features

2.0l Engine EX

How much is the 1.6l higher features and the 2.0l?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
N3.9 and N4.6m Repectively excl VAT.

Prices are subject change at anytime

lonelydora:

How much is the 1.6l higher features and the 2.0l?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by ozee1kinobi: 11:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Hello

I own a 2013 rio. Can i buy parts directly from KIA (Brake pads, oil filter, etc) and have the installation done by a 3rd party
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Mojibola(m): 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Please how can I get a G4FC engine (either fairly used or new) for my KIA cerato 2007?
Thanks in advance.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by daVinci1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
VictorAB:
So sorry for the late reply, had issues logging into my NL account.

Whats the model of the Kia Cerato,does it still have a valid warranty?

Your answer to the above will guide me in giving you a precise cost

Thanks again. The Kia Cerato model is 2009/2010, 1.6L manual transmission.

I bought it used by a Nigerian so the warranty (if available) was not transferred after the sale.

Could u pls drop your contact so can talk?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Sploleetho: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Do u guys have the 2015 Kia Sportage SX (2.0l turbocharged 4 cylinder engine with 4wd)?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
why are the Kia's sold in nigeria not similarly equipped to the ones in europe and america??
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by jimcykhan: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks for stepping in at the right time
I've kia cerato 2014 2.0. My airbag indicator light is always on, and I noticed my radio volume control keys on steering wheel are not working
bought the car recently with 39k km and is within warranty cover need your advice what do I do?
thanks

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by jimcykhan: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
jimcykhan:
I've kia cerato 2014 2.0. My airbag indicator light is always on, and I noticed my radio volume control keys on steering wheel are not working
bought the car recently with 39k km and is within warranty cover need your advice what do I do?
thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
daVinci1:

Thanks again. The Kia Cerato model is 2009/2010, 1.6L manual transmission.

I bought it used by a Nigerian so the warranty (if available) was not transferred after the sale.

Could u pls drop your contact so can talk?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sploleetho:
Do u guys have the 2015 Kia Sportage SX (2.0l turbocharged 4 cylinder engine with 4wd)?

Yes Sir we do
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
aaidel:
why are the Kia's sold in nigeria not similarly equipped to the ones in europe and america??

Every Country or continent has specifications for cars to be produced. Not only KIA most car manufacturers have Country specific cars
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
The airbag indicator light will be fixed as it is covered under warranty.

For the Radio botton on the steering you will be charged a token depending on the issue.

Kindly Visit the nearest Autorized Kia Service center.

jimcykhan:
thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by NL1960: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
What is the price for Kia Sportage (manual transmission) and Kia Optima (manual transmission). I do not really like automatic transmission and i like to have control when iam driving. Do i have to go through a Bank if i want to do a Monthly payment option?.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
So sorry Kia Sportage and Optima does not come in Manual Transmission.

Yes, you have to go through a Bank for the monthly payment Plan

NL1960:
What is the price for Kia Sportage (manual transmission) and Kia Optima (manual transmission). I do not really like automatic transmission and i like to have control when iam driving. Do i have to go through a Bank if i want to do a Monthly payment option?.

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2015
VictorAB:

Every Country or continent has specifications for cars to be produced. Not only KIA most car manufacturers have Country specific cars

so that allows kia nigeria to endanger nigerian lives by reducing airbags and other safety features standard elsewhere?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by ollyruffy: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2015
aaidel:

so that allows kia nigeria to endanger nigerian lives by reducing airbags and other safety features standard elsewhere?

Exactly. The truth is that nigeria has no stated specification (technical or safety) for automobiles. And if such exist, they only exist on papers, no nigerian agency monitors or enforce them on vehicle manufacturers or dealers or distributors.

Also, it is not only Kia nigeria that leverages on this our system lapse. Distributors of Toyota, honda, bmw, scoda, hyunda etc in nigeria are also culprits.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2015
ollyruffy:

Exactly. The truth is that nigeria has no stated specification (technical or safety) for automobiles. And if such exist, they only exist on papers, no nigerian agency monitors or enforce them on vehicle manufacturers or dealers or distributors.

Also, it is not only Kia nigeria that leverages on this our system lapse. Distributors of Toyota, honda, bmw, scoda, hyunda etc in nigeria are also culprits.

yes but this is a kia rep so let him give us answers as to why kia nigeria engage in such practices
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Safety Features in all cars in Nigeria are standard, irrespective of variance in Country specific feature, kia Nigeria will never endanger Nigerian life.

If you have an incident based on what you hve said, kindly let me know the model of the car and its location for verification. To ensure ful compliance.

All over the world Car manufacturers recall thier cars if there are complains on safety features. Kia will not be an exception. We can also recall and ensure the safety concerns are fix free of charge.

Thanks

aaidel:

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2015
You are very correct, agencies in Nigeria do not enforce such regulations.

The customer should always ensure he reads his Warranty and Car Manual to ensure every feature works as its meant to be.

But unfortunatly most Nigerians dont read those documents, and by the time they notice this defects,they do not return to the company or its autorised dealers, they prefer to go to a road side mechanics that will make things worse.

ollyruffy:

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2015
VictorAB:
Safety Features in all cars in Nigeria are standard, irrespective of variance in Country specific feature, kia Nigeria will never endanger Nigerian life.

If you have an incident based on what you hve said, kindly let me know the model of the car and its location for verification. To ensure ful compliance.

All over the world Car manufacturers recall thier cars if there are complains on safety features. Kia will not be an exception. We can also recall and ensure the safety concerns are fix free of charge.

Thanks

i am not talking about recalls but about reduced specification off the top of my head i know the picanto's in the north american market come standard with parking assist our's don't
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 9:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Parking Assist is not a Safety feature.

We have a Kia Assembly plant in Nigeria -Apapa
A showroom Kia picanto does not come with parking assist. If a Nigerian wants a Kia Picanto with Parking Assist , LCD touch screen, sun roof, etc all that can be done at a premium.

aaidel:

i am not talking about recalls but about reduced specification off the top of my head i know the picanto's in the north american market come standard with parking assist our's don't

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by NL1960: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
VictorAB:
So sorry Kia Sportage and Optima does not come in Manual Transmission.

Yes, you have to go through a Bank for the monthly payment Plan

Thanks. So what is the price range for base Kia Sportage and base Kia Optima and also the price range for monthly repayment option from the banks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hakeem Odumosu Tells Owners Of Unregistered Vehicles To Register Their Vehicles / Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines / 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.