Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (39326 Views)

I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Italy Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by damidamsel: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2015
I am very much pissed with the visa processing at the Belgium embassy right now and I wonder why the Dutch embassy would allow an embassy known for such delays to handle their visa processing.

I applied for a Schengen visa to Netherlands as my first stop on April 29, 2015 but due to the Dutch embassy decision then, it had to be handled by the Belgium embassy instead of the French embassy as it used to be. My husband and I submitted our application with the hope that in 10-15days we would get our passports back as our trip was scheduled for first week in July. We needed the passports back because my husband wanted to apply for Canadian visa so we could go together as I have my visa already. We did not get any text from VFS about our application. I had to call severally before I could get someone to give me our ref no so I can check the status online.

It has been [b]6weeks now [/b]and there is still no response from the Belgium embassy. When I check the status online, it keeps saying application forwarded to Belgium embassy on April 30th. I have called the VFS office but I keep getting the same message that the passports are still at the Belgium embassy. I have called Belgium embassy over 30times but no one would pick my calls. We have moved our trip to August (when flights are soooo expensive!!!) but even at that, if we don't get the passports back by this week into next week, it would still be a waste. My second concern is that even though we have moved our trip to August, what if our passports return with only one month visa for July (which is very typical of Schengen visas).

I think there should be a petition for the Dutch embassy to retract passports of all those who applied for Schengen visa going through Netherlands and give it back to the French embassy to handle (as I hear that processing is now back to the French embassy). At this point, I think I am even ready to get my passport back with or without a visa. I have Canadian and US visas, if they wont give me a Schengen visa, I need my passport back as I have so many things to do with it.

5 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Your observation is very valid. I spoke with a friend who is due in Netherlands just yesterday. He applied since at VFS Abuja (Belgium Embassy) as advised by the Dutch Embassy. The VFS told him that about 1000 applications are pending at the Dutch Embassy. They are really sluggish and inefficient. Unfortunately, that’s the approved route to get Schengen visa if you are visiting Netherlands or if it is your first port of arrival before going to another Schengen country. Someone needs to talk to them. Their Embassy numbers don’t go and they don’t reply emails -or at least, their response is severely delayed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by damidamsel: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2015
@zik4ever, when did your friend apply and has he been able to get in touch with the Belgium embassy on this. It is quite frustrating!!!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by damidamsel: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2015
zik4ever:
Your observation is very valid. I spoke with a friend who is due in Netherlands just yesterday. He applied since at VFS Abuja (Belgium Embassy) as advised by the Dutch Embassy. The VFS told him that about 1000 applications are pending at the Dutch Embassy. They are really sluggish and inefficient. Unfortunately, that’s the approved route to get Schengen visa if you are visiting Netherlands or if it is your first port of arrival before going to another Schengen country. Someone needs to talk to them. Their Embassy numbers don’t go and they don’t reply emails -or at least, their response is severely delayed.

@zik4ever, when did your friend apply and has he been able to get in touch with the Belgium embassy on this. It is quite frustrating!!!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
He applied on 14th May. He just sent there today and they said it actually takes a long time. All those who applied for Netherland about same time with him haven’t gotten the visa too. However, those for Italian and others got theirs today. They have asked him to check back again by Monday. I reckon it could be ready sometime next week when it would be exactly or about a month.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Madam... I want to assure u that ur visa will be ready after 40 days, it must take 40 days before those useless ambassey will give an alert to come and pick ur passport and most time they will deny de visa..bt, it all depend on ur documents. U can send them an email. After 41 days of waiting and calling.. I decided to send them an email.. I sent them an email around 11am.. Then around 5PM I got an alert to come and pick my passport.. And guess wat?? Is was denied... 15 stars came out of my eyes that day.. Infact smokes started evaporating from my head.. I even forget my name..bt, all de same I still tank God for evrytin. So, relax madam.. They will call u before 3days I asure dat.

5 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by damidamsel: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2015
buddy221:
Madam... I want to assure u that ur visa will be ready after 40 days, it must take 40 days before those useless ambassey will give an alert to come and pick ur passport and most time they will deny de visa..bt, it all depend on ur documents. U can send them an email. After 41 days of waiting and calling.. I decided to send them an email.. I sent them an email around 11am.. Then around 5PM I got an alert to come and pick my passport.. And guess wat?? Is was denied... 15 stars came out of my eyes that day.. Infact smokes started evaporating from my head.. I even forget my name..bt, all de same I still tank God for evrytin. So, relax madam.. They will call u before 3days I asure dat.

If only they called me when it was 40days then I wouldn't be complaining now. It's 47days already and no info yet. Anywaiz I have decided to just fold my arms and watch since there's practically nothing else to be done. All hail the almighty Belgium embassy. lol
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2015
I spoke with someone and she said she had a horrible experience at this Embassy. She is a Foreign Affairs staff and she said it was so frustrating to the extent that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had to summon the Ambassador then. Another family friend had real stress with them too. Not a good one for their reputation at all.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Miss demidamsel...! Have u tried mailing'em? If no.. I suggest you do so. Bt, I dnt really understand why Holland will allow dis slowpokes called Belgium vfs to be handling their visa stuff! The worst part of it is... If they finish delaying person.. They will still go ahead and deny de so called visa. Damsel, jst relax they will call u before the week runs out.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
buddy221:
Miss demidamsel...! Have u tried mailing'em? If no.. I suggest you do so. Bt, I dnt really understand why Holland will allow dis slowpokes called Belgium vfs to be handling their visa stuff! The worst part of it is... If they finish delaying person.. They will still go ahead and deny de so called visa. Damsel, jst relax they will call u before the week runs out.
I dont think the problem is with VFS but with the Belgium and Dutch Embassy. My guy went to VFS last week and they told him about 1000 applications were pending at the Embassy.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mr zik4ever! U mean 1000 pending applications? DD u really believe dat shit? I call it story for de gods! Was there 1000 pending applications during my own time? Dis is just their own way of delaying every thing! Go to history u ar gona find out dat Belgium is de worst country in visa proccessing. They just specialized in fustrating pple, dats just de fact. Ur frnd and other pple experiencing dis delays.. Shuld just wait and pray for the positive out-come their visas... Note: sometimes they stay up 3-4months before calling up the applicant. Am talking out of experience.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
buddy221:
Mr zik4ever! U mean 1000 pending applications? DD u really believe dat shit? I call it story for de gods! Was there 1000 pending applications during my own time? Dis is just their own way of delaying every thing! Go to history u ar gona find out dat Belgium is de worst country in visa proccessing. They just specialized in fustrating pple, dats just de fact. Ur frnd and other pple experiencing dis delays.. Shuld just wait and pray for the positive out-come their visas... Note: sometimes they stay up 3-4months before calling up the applicant. Am talking out of experience.
We are on the same page. The applications have piled up at the Belgium Embassy NOT at VFS because of the sluggish way it’s being handled as you have said. I have no reason to disbelieve it because some persons since last month of May and April in some cases like that of the OP have not been processed. Nigerians travel a lot and summer is coming so the pressure may increase. It’s not the number that is delaying the processing of the visas but rather, the delay in processing is making the pending applications to increased. Imagine, how many others have submitted last week and even this week.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by olu101: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hi all, i thought i was the only one in this mess. Myself and two of my employees applied for Netherlands visa (through the Belgium VFS center) to cover an event. We applied on the 20th of May and we're yet to get our package back. I also emailed them and i was told it takes 2 working weeks to process a visa due to compulsory schengen consultation. However, its past the 2working weeks which is 10 working days.

Also, do anyone know if they do return any original documents included in the application? As i included the CAC of my company and only to hear from my cousin that they dont return all documents aside from the passport. Please advice.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 10:53am On Jun 18, 2015
olu101:
Hi all, i thought i was the only one in this mess. Myself and two of my employees applied for Netherlands visa (through the Belgium VFS center) to cover an event. We applied on the 20th of May and we're yet to get our package back. I also emailed them and i was told it takes 2 working weeks to process a visa due to compulsory schengen consultation. However, its past the 2working weeks which is 10 working days.
Also, do anyone know if they do return any original documents included in the application? As i included the CAC of my company and only to hear from my cousin that they dont return all documents aside from the passport. Please advice.
during my own time they returned most of my documents including my passport. Although I DD not check if all my documents were returned cus I was soooo sad and pissed off wen I read de denyal document. Bt, is like they will return all de documents. I'll check if they returned all my documents.. Den I will tell u.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by ireosime: 11:27am On Jun 18, 2015
Hi,i am having the same issue,i submitted at d vfs application centre to belgium on the 4/5/15 up till now i havent heard from them.and my booking date was on the 14/6/15.its more than a month since i submitted my documents to them.does anyone know d delay?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
ireosime:
Hi,i am having the same issue,i submitted at d vfs application centre to belgium on the 4/5/15 up till now i havent heard from them.and my booking date was on the 14/6/15.its more than a month since i submitted my documents to them.does anyone know d delay?
I think it’s just their way! Some aggrieved applicants went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja yesterday and the ministry asked them to write a formal letter of complaint. Even a Ministry staff narrated his own ordeal! Not sure they can help at all and no clear explanation. It’s a case of always applying months ahead if dealing with Belgium Embassy.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by olu101: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
@buddy221... Please have you checked for me? If Yes, where all the original documents returned? I am just curious because one of the ladies at desk that checks applicants documents asked me to put the of my company's registration certificate.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
You can double check but I hear it requires average of 20 working days to get feedback on Dutch visa via the Embassy of Belgium.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
zik4ever:

I think it’s just their way! Some aggrieved applicants went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja yesterday and the ministry asked them to write a formal letter of complaint. Even a Ministry staff narrated his own ordeal! Not sure they can help at all and no clear explanation. It’s a case of always applying months ahead if dealing with Belgium Embassy.
ya.. They returned all my documents.... Mehhnn... I felt like start crying again, once I saw those my documents tears nearly fall out of my eyes..oooo! Imagine how Belgium vfs or embassy jst killed my European dreams.. Anyway since there is life, I believe there is hope.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
buddy221:
ya.. They returned all my documents.... Mehhnn... I felt like start crying again, once I saw those my documents tears nearly fall out of my eyes..oooo! Imagine how Belgium vfs or embassy jst killed my European dreams.. Anyway since there is life, I believe there is hope.
My brother, dont despair. God has something better for you. Life is really challenging now in Europe including Netherlands. Nigeria is a great country with awesome God-given potential. You can make it in Nigeria.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
buddy221:
tanks a lot for ur courageous words my dear! After the disappointment I decided to forget traveling cus Holland was nt de first country I had wanted to go.. There has been other counties I wanted to enter bt, it wasn't all dat successful. Although out of the 3 visas I have applied for.. 1 was successful bt I leta changed my mind.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by buddy221(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
zik4ever:

My brother, dont despair. God has something better for you. Life is really challenging now in Europe including Netherlands. Nigeria is a great country with awesome God-given potential. You can make it in Nigeria.
tanks for ur courageous words my dear.... I have decided to forget traveling after de disappointment I had wit Belgium. Although Holland is not de first country I had wanted to enter... I have applied for other 3 countries before, although they were not all dat successful.. 1 of them was successful bt I leta change my mind. And I tank God for my decision.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by olu101: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
Thank you for the reply, God bless. I pray the Lord almighty bless all that you lay your hands on. Cheers
buddy221:
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by olu101: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
@buddy221 Thank you for the reply, God bless. I pray the Lord almighty bless all that you lay your hands on. Cheers
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Anyone with update on the visa delays at VFS Centre/Belgium Embassy?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
A Lawyer who was selected out of 300 candidates for a fully sponsored event in the Netherlands, finally got visa 3 days AFTER the event ended in The Netherlands. He applied since 14th May. I heard he had to send 15 emails to the Embassy. The guy is so devastated. Some others have filed a complaint about the delay at the Foreign Affairs but I'm not sure much (if anything) will come out of it. I know someone who applied on same date and hasn’t got a response yet.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by damidamsel: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2015
Got my passport back yesterday and yea........it was DENIED!!!. So unperturbed, would spend my summer elsewhere but Belgium embassy aint gonna stop me, will def reapply soonest. Won't appeal.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2015
damidamsel:
Got my passport back yesterday and yea........it was DENIED!!!. So unperturbed, would spend my summer elsewhere but Belgium embassy aint gonna stop me, will def reapply soonest. Won't appeal.
Waoh... this is incredible. You got passport back after nearly 2 months with a rejection? Does delayed application suggest potential for rejection? I like your spirit sha.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Westmorgan: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
I myself submitted my application on the 15th of may and my traveling date is for the 10th of July and up till now have heard nothing from them and is pissing my off cos i thought it will not go to this extent but now am getting tired and discouraged base on this shit am facing.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2015
Someone whose family is visiting Netherlands this Summer, decided to re-route their travel through France so he applied for Schengen visa through the French Embassy and they were issued visas in about 3 weeks. Perhaps going through the French Embassy could be easier/faster but then the French Embassy only issues visas for applicants for Netherlands from the Southern States while Belgium handles for Northern States and Abuja. Someone, whose application has been pending for 7 weeks, wrote them a 4th reminder and they replied him that visa issuing would take 14 working days! That’s roughly 3 weeks and they were saying that to someone who has been waiting for over 7 weeks getting to 2months soon!
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2015
Westmorgan:
I myself submitted my application on the 15th of may and my traveling date is for the 10th of July and up till now have heard nothing from them and is pissing my off cos i thought it will not go to this extent but now am getting tired and discouraged base on this shit am facing.
Hi. Have you gotten any feedback on your visa application?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dead Body Found In Ibadan At The Same Spot 24 Hours After An Accident (Graphic) / Lagos To Abuja Flight Cost - Arik Air / Katsina Flood: Corpse Of Missing Bride Recovered In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.