Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (39365 Views)

I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Italy Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
Where is everyone? Any updates? 12 weeks (nearly 3 months) after my family applied for Schengen visa to Netherlands via the Belgian Embassy, we got sms last Saturday saying our application had been processed! The big irony is that 2 weeks or more before that, I asked a friend to withdraw our passports directly from the Embassy and he did -so I really wonder what these guys are up to. It looks like they are simply not organised. They returned our passports and 2 weeks later, they are sending sms?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by vowolabi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2015
So what's the outcome as regards the sms they sent
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
vowolabi:
So what's the outcome as regards the sms they sent
The sms is meaningless as it because ordinarily it is to say our passports are ready for pick up but in this case, we have since collected our passports. So even if the visa was ready, they have no passports to stamp it in. I wish them well.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2015
NFF Disappointed with Belgian Embassy over Visa Hitches
Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, Chief Felix Anyansi-Agwu has expressed disappointment with the Belgian Embassy in Nigeria over its failure to issue entry visas to six Super Eagles players and backroom staff of the senior national team ahead of tomorrow’s international friendly with Democratic Republic of Congo in Vise.

Eagles are also to play against bitter rivals Cameroun on Sunday in Dendermonde.
In the past couple of days, the international passports of some Super Eagles players and officials have been stuck at the Belgian embassy.

“We are shocked beyond words at the attitude of the Embassy of Belgium in Nigeria. This action is a strange one in international sports. Football preaches and spreads peace and love, but we are taken aback at the attitude of the Belgian embassy in Nigeria.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nff-disappointed-with-belgian-embassy-over-visa-hitches/222083/
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
All
Please note that new processing time for Schengen visa to Netherlands through the Belgium Embassy is now minimum of 45 working days. Plan your application accordingly.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Glory2015: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
is it updated on there site? Cos the information on the French embassy site still says 15 working days.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by mendulla: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
So has anyone ever been successful getting a visa to visit Belgium within the advertised 3 weeks?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Looks like this is a case of it all ending ahppily ever after? As the house has gone quiet on this or is it because the holidays are over?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by ONGblack: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Does anyone have an idea about the italian processing time as well, I have applied to the italian embassy for over 3 wks now and still no update yet and my travel date is near, even ppl that submitted like 8 days after my submission already got their visa, this whole thing has finally delayed lot of other things that i have got to do, can any shed light on this?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by fikki1: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
sniffydon:

Same with mine too but what was the reason for denial? Mine was the language school.
i intend applying long stay visa.. Please what about the language school..cos you said its d base for your denial...pls explain
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
hello everyone, Zik4ever can I apply for Netherlands Visa through French Embassy Abuja? Don't want to go through the Belgian embassy due to their delay and incompetence.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 10:12am On Feb 23, 2016
okoji:
hello everyone, Zik4ever can I apply for Netherlands Visa through French Embassy Abuja? Don't want to go through the Belgian embassy due to their delay and incompetence.
Not sure except if things have changed. They specified that if you live in the South of Nigeria, you apply through the French Embassy in Lagos and if you live in the North and Abuja, you apply through the Belgian Embassy. Check with the VFS centre for the latest. However, some people apply for Schengen visa through the French Embassy (including Abuja) and then travel to France and from there to Netherlands (typically by train). More experienced/knowledgeable guys in the house can help please.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks zik4ever, is there any improvement at the Belgian embassy or it's still the same old story?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2016
okoji:
Thanks zik4ever, is there any improvement at the Belgian embassy or it's still the same old story?
Not sure but wont be surprised if its same old story.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hello, has anyone applied through the Belgian embassy recently? Has the processing time improved?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by zik4ever: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
okoji:
Hello, has anyone applied through the Belgian embassy recently? Has the processing time improved?
Can the Leopard change it's spots? They may even be worse with the recent terrorist attacks in their country!

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
This embassy is the most useless in the world. Sent them a mail and was asked to pick up my package in the evening. Visa refused and the reason is so stupid. That my documents are false. Why will I want to use false documents in the first place? Instead of them to say that are not taking people because of the terrorist attacks. Annoying bunch.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Mercy1111: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
This embassy is the most useless in the world. Sent them a mail and was asked to pick up my package in the evening. Visa refused and the reason is so silly. That my documents are false. Why will I want to use false documents in the first place? Instead of them to say that are not taking people because of the terrorist attacks. Annoying bunch.

Did you apply recently and did it take long as they used to
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Mercy1111: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
I was denied last year for a study visa, I'm planning to apply again this year but I don't know if the process time is still the same because last year it took about 3 months, I don't know if short stay visa takes the same processing time,
Anyone knows about the recent processing time of Belgium short term visa?
Please help
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
Mine took about 20 days. With a rejection. Why do you want to go through belgium? Try other countries. Belgium Embassy is not organised and I haven't heard of anyone they have given any visa to recently, given the terrorist attacks and their ever reluctant stance of giving visas. Did you appeal your initial refusal?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by fikki1: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mercy1111:
I was denied last year for a study visa, I'm planning to apply again this year but I don't know if the process time is still the same because last year it took about 3 months, I don't know if short stay visa takes the same processing time,
Anyone knows about the recent processing time of Belgium short term visa?
Please help
Hello Mercy..wat was d reason for the denial last year..as am planning on applying too, for study visa..moreover how was the interview like..please help give info..thanks
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
@fikki1 , you will be given a test like paper to complete and given an hour to complete it. Afterwards you will be asked in for the interview by a sceptic visa officer. Your job is to convince them that you are genuine and you have every intention of returning after your studies. You will be asked questions on the course, school, funding, employment etc.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by fikki1: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
okoji:
@fikki1 , you will be given a test like paper to complete and given an hour to complete it. Afterwards you will be asked in for the interview by a sceptic visa officer. Your job is to convince them that you are genuine and you have every intention of returning after your studies. You will be asked questions on the course, school, funding, employment etc.

Thanks bro, I appreciate.. The question asked, will be about the course one intend to study? Thanks once again

Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Mercy1111: 7:44am On May 01, 2016
The interview was nothing difficult, it's a written interview, they just ask you questions about everything about the course you are going to study and why you chose Belgium, all the questions are related to the visa so no need to worry.
My visa was denied because they said my WAEC result does not relate to the course I was going to study which is acting and also that I can study acting here in Nigeria.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Mercy1111: 12:50pm On May 13, 2016
Hi all,
No one is talking about Belgium visa processing anymore?
Has anyone applied recently, how's the processing time and what's the latest gist
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by fikki1: 1:22pm On May 13, 2016
Mercy1111:
Hi all,
No one is talking about Belgium visa processing anymore?
Has anyone applied recently, how's the processing time and what's the latest gist
Guess no one yet...still arranging my doc...
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 3:57pm On May 13, 2016
I reapplied. Same refusal due to justification not clear. Takes 20 days to process. Most people that applied got refusals.
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Mercy1111: 11:39am On May 14, 2016
okoji:
I reapplied. Same refusal due to justification not clear. Takes 20 days to process. Most people that applied got refusals.

Apat from you has anyone else applied and got news in 20 days?
I just want to be sure how long to expect before applying
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by okoji: 7:55pm On May 15, 2016
Were your passports stamped when your visa got refused?
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by santanamimi(f): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
sniffydon:

Well dont be sure of denial until you have picked it up.

Keep us informed

Please sir.

Help us vote ivyy For Miss NL on the thread below.
Simply type I vote Ivyy Cc Nljega

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Thank you
Re: Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy by Benjamite01: 1:52am On Jun 28, 2016
I NEED HELP ON HOW SHENGEN VISA WORKS, I GOT MINE THROUGH ITALY AND I PLAN TO ATTEND CONFERENCE,BUT I WILL LIKE TO VISA MORE SHENGEN STATE AFTER THE CONFERENCE, I AM GIVEN 10DAY MAXIMUM TO STAY. THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / UK Man Confronts Nigerian Neighbour After He Stopped Him From Using His Wifi / Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.