Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. (10051 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Woman Gives Birth To Twins 18 Years After Marriage. Photos / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
shirazlova:

Nawa I'm not a dude o. you must be on your period or something..

Hahahahahaha r u minding her? When shes done ranting she'l move on to the next one like the attention seeker she is wink

3 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Oh sorry! grin Just checked your profile.

Bye with your alternates. lipsrsealed

I know your main moniker, you finally garnered confidence to quote me with one of your alternates after I mocked your main moniker through Sholly's post. grin

I bothered you that much you had to go check my profile and all. You get time sha. Yes this is my alternate moniker and so what? Imma still express my opinion with it if I so desire. kiss

7 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Moana(f): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
TV01:

I'm afraid it has/is angry

No, it's Ben Martin (nee Coghill) - husband of Rowan - one of a new breed of men, who are taking their wife's surname.

The last of his name, forsaker of the bloodline, the kinship, ties, the culture and heritage of his fathers. A sign of the feminised, limp-wristed, males that these days pass as progressive and open-minded men - presumably a genital swap will be forthcoming

I's all over Cracky cry - feminism has triumphed. Lets find a cave somewhere, gather the troops and live out our time reminiscing about the good old days - when men were men and women made sure dinner was on the table tongue!

TV

so you think its very logical to blame a decision made by a man on an ideology that promotes equal rights for women. undecided only on NL cry

9 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

Hahahahahaha r u minding her? When shes done ranting she'l move on to the next one like the attention seeker she is wink

Nvm dear it's not that deep to me but clearly
he is so touched by any opposing comments
even went as far as investigating my profile just for a comeback. smh
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
KevinDein:
Francistony kinda guys.... lol

aka real men mugus lmfao cool
By the way,

cc Royalroy, lalasticlala, ishilove.
Rule number2undecided
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by KevinDein: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

FrancisTony is either a female posing to be a man on Nairaland.. or he is gay. Either way, for someone claiming to be a man, he sounds way too pressed for "feminist activism".
as much as I hate to say this Francistony isn't female...I doubt if he's gay either. he's a male. he's some kind of a weird anomaly I can't explain... lmfao cool

5 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
KevinDein:
as much as I hate to say this Francistony isn't female...I doubt if he's gay either. he's a male. he's some kind of a weird anomaly I can't explain... lmfao cool
cc Royalroy, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
KevinDein:

Lmao! I find him to be pure entertainment.. weird is an understatement tongue

Too many psychos on the net nowadays.

12 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
shirazlova:

Nvm dear it's not that deep to me but clearly
he is so touched by any opposing comments
even went as far as investigating my profile just for a comeback. smh

All I can say is: the thirst is real. He probably checked mine too!! grin People like him/her thrive off debate and controversy. One shouldn't waste their precious time going back and forth with such folks. Never ends well. #trolls.

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by crackhaus: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
TV01:

I was answering the OP's question about if I (the reader) would adopt a wife's surname.

No, it's Ben Martin (nee Coghill) - husband of Rowan - one of a new breed of men, who are taking their wife's surname.

The last of his name, forsaker of the bloodline, the kinship, ties, the culture and heritage of his fathers. A sign of the feminised, limp-wristed, males that these days pass as progressive and open-minded men - presumably a genital swap will be forthcoming

I's all over Cracky cry - feminism has triumphed. Lets find a cave somewhere, gather the troops and live out our time reminiscing about the good old days - when men were men and women made sure dinner was on the table tongue!

TV

Feminism hasn't triumphed yet, not when there are still guys like me living on earth...I can assure you of this cool

However I don't think feminism made him (them) adopt a woman's surname, they just pvssy-whipped... and the thing about being pvssy-whipped is that it doesn't last forever, they'll come back to their senses soon enough.

3 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by crackhaus: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lmao... weird anomaly

7 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by AfricanApple(f): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
crackhaus:
Lmao... weird anomaly
duhhhh grin grin
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by crackhaus: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
AfricanApple:
duhhhh grin grin
Double duhhhh gringrin
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by AfricanApple(f): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
but mehn!!! I can't relate to this, it looks like the marriage will be boring to me

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by AfricanApple(f): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
crackhaus:
Double duhhhh gringrin
shey its your felloe men na, doesn't concern me tongue
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by crackhaus: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
AfricanApple:
shey its your felloe men na, doesn't concern me tongue
The case regarding their masculinity is still in court, we're not sure of their sexuality yet... grin

3 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yay for feminism! Though matriarchy isn't a new concept, I am going to attribute the man's decision to feminism.

I wonder why men are so threatened by male feminists. (That is a lie! I know why grin grin grin grin)

SMH @ the women condemning this man's decision...... I want you females to take a minute to see how fvcked up that is.

7 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by 2CatWoman: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

And this one is feeling smart now with this ignorant and foolish statement. Smh. Anything for "likes" I guess undecided

Baby, there was nothing ignorant or foolish about my post. People who hate the west that much should have the courage of their convictions to return home and preserve their heritage.

10 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Yay for feminism! Though matriarchy isn't a new concept, I am going to attribute the man's decision to feminism.

I wonder why men are so threatened by male feminists. (That is a lie! I know why grin grin grin grin)

SMH @ the women condemning this man's decision...... I want you females to take a minute to see how fvcked up that is.
Maybe because of their fvcked up warped definition of a man.

Even bible opined that submission should be reciprocated before saying women should submit to their husband.

My 2nd line is unnecessary because you are an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by coogar: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
2CatWoman:

Baby, there was nothing ignorant or foolish about my post. People who hate the west that much should have the courage of their convictions to return home and preserve their heritage.

even westerners hate the west....
west is home for many of us. not everyone got there via a banana boat overnight.

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Ngokafor(f): 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
...@francistony,dont be too quick to respond to snide or outright beligerent comments from unfamiliar monikers even if they have f attached to it.

..chances are they are alternate monikers from the usual suspects.

..simply report abuses on your person to the mods and move on..cheers.

9 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ngokafor:

...@francistony,dont be too quick to respond to snide or outright beligerent comments from unfamiliar monikers even if they have f attached to it.

..chances are they are alternate monikers from the usual suspects.

..simply report abuses on your person to the mods and move on..cheers.
ALL the alternate female monikers belong to E***o.

I know that. Your advice heeded. grin

6 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
2CatWoman:

Fabulous! So going by your theory that would mean people who love the west should equally relocate there and never return home... And while you're at it, bleach your skin to become white, straighten your hair, never eat African dishes again, nor call yourself by an African name .

See how ridiculous it all sounds? Yea.

7 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Stillfire: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
TV01:

TV

Buhahahaha. I hope the bats in the cave kick you out of their natural habitat. tongue grin grin

9 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Stillfire: 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Even Jay Z also took up Beyonce's last name...
There are men and there are men. Jay Z is the man. cool cool

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by An0nimus: 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
OP you should have pasted the full article.

Its hard to be shocked at news in this age when you have folks ditching their male bodies for a female one but still decide to keep their lil jon. smh

My heart nearly failed when I read Ben Cogill(?) say "what's in a name?". Seriously, what's in a name. Some women now keep their fathers name or hypenate it with their husbands 'cause they know what's in a name. And this dude doesn't. I wish him and Mr Saldana happy married lives smiley
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Stillfire:
Even Jay Z also took up Beyonce's last name...
There are men and there are men. Jay Z is the man. cool cool
yea you beat me to it.

I don't know who among these guys here is more of a man than Jay Z.

People drinking panadol over other's headache.
If they are hyperventilating over those wives who didn't take their husband's names, they are crying for the guys who did.

What happened to marrying your own wife and doing as you both please?

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
cococandy:
yea you beat me to it.

I don't know who among these guys here is more of a man than Jay Z.

People drinking panadol over other's headache.
If they are hyperventilating over those wives who didn't take their husband's names, they are crying for the guys who did.

What happened to marrying your own wife and doing as you both please?

Jay Z did NOT take Beyonce's last name but other men have done it.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
And I've always found that thing about keeping the surname alive funny.
Dead people are dead.
They don't care if someone left on earth is still bearing their name.

Your legacy is more important.
That's what keeps you remembered even when no one in your lineage is still alive.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Jay Z did NOT take Beyonce's last name but other men have done it.
was it a rumor then?

Yea I know other men have done it but their life their choice jare.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by 2CatWoman: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

Fabulous! So going by your theory that would mean people who love the west should equally relocate there and never return home... And while you're at it, bleach your skin to become white, straighten your hair, never eat African dishes again, nor call yourself by an African name .

See how ridiculous it all sounds? Yea.

Darling, you sound confused. The west allows more freedom of expression than Africa. The OP was complaining about stuff that takes place on foreign soil and then bringing it to NL to caution us. Most of the initial commentators don't live in Africa. Geddit?

7 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

ALL the alternate female monikers belong to Ewuro.

I know that. Your advice heeded. grin

My dear, you have waaay too many enemies on this forum to be so quick
to assume a particular person. I wish the real Ewuro can come and defend
his or her integrity here. This dude thinks feels he's sharp smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / How Do I Punish My Husband For Betraying My Love / Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.