Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:28 PM

Doing Nysc In Chevron - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Doing Nysc In Chevron (8705 Views)

IT In Chevron / Nysc In Chevron & Total / Vacancies In Chevron(bsc/hnd Engineering) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing Nysc In Chevron by waa1972(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2006
Hi Guys,
I am MSc. degree holder from a European University and I have some experience.
Due to family reasons, I have to come back to Nigeria. All the companies are asking for the NYSC Certificate.
I was told that, holding a certiffcate from overseas, I can choose where to serve.
Now my questions are:
1. How can one join Chevron in Nigeria for NYSC?
2. What is the address of NYSC office in Lagos and Abuja?

Thank you.
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by Nitonero(f): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2006
hi waa1972,
You have to go to Abuja NYSC Office. dat's where they attend to all foreign students. Their office is in Area 3 Garki Abuja. If just get there ask anyone of NYSC headquarters and they will direct you. they will tell u when they will start registering for the next batch and all the necessary requirements because there is a batch dat is presently on camp now. In the forms you will fill you will be required to fill the state youwould like to serve in and not the company you would like to work in. it when you get to dat state dat you will have to do the runs for which company you want to work in. In short even after filling the state you would like to serve in, you still have to monitor it becos they may not post u there. U know how things work in nigeria. I also studied abroad and I went thru dat process too. I just finished serving in Feb this year.
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by kafius: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2006
hi waa1972!, i was a corper with chevron and i just passed out.let me warn u,and the only reason i'm warning u is becos i met u in this forum.think of somewhere better,i just dont want to destroy the company's rep.but they are idiots and they dont regard corpers.except u are e staff u wont get that tin u are looking 4.forget about retainment.is not the impression u have abt.them that matter,this is wat happend to me.
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by bintabdul(f): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2006
yeah kafius is very correct they don't retain in Chevron they only use and dump you except for tea which i believ u can afford.When you are posted then u can start to think of where to be posted.I wish u all d best.Cheers
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by Hotstepper(f): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2006
does a foreinger(see sum1 without a nIgerian passport) also need to do the youth service
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by waa1972(m): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2006
To kafius :
Thanks for the reply.
1. why were you not retained? I wish to serve there bc my aim is to gain an employment there.
2. did you gain any experience there? i mean what were your day-to-day activities?
Re: Doing Nysc In Chevron by rowlandwhy: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2007
i thought that the new reform from Nysc now is that no corper should serve in oil companies.
Like SLB to start with since the past two years has no corper.
Please u guys should update me plese if am wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Oracle Nigeria Mid-level & Exp. Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / BREAKING NEWS: Npower Volunteers To Be Exited Into Community Police / Christmas Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.