Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (86235 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gauta, a village in Keffi, Nassarawa State enjoys same.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by fOFT: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
To your question, It is very possible provided we have serious government that will not play politics with our power sector. It takes time though.
As for me, I am not expecting much from Buhari. We can have constant power within ten years of serious work.
Raxxye:
Bonny could ring a bell in the ears of many as the town where the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas(NLNG) plant is situated, but for those who do not know, it is an island by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and one of the 23 local government areas of Rivers State, as well as home to the newly a established Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas.

The most remarkable thing about this town is that there is never power failure!
Yes, you heard well; Bonny residents enjoy 24/7 electricity supply all year round!

In my two-years stay in the town so far, the total time of power outage is less than 6 hours. Such outages are usually due to routine maintenance by the BUC(Bonny Utility Company). The residents hardly know how much kerosene or cooking gas sells for because they cook with electric cookers and power availability is guaranteed for their daily cookings.

My question is: if this could work in Bonny, can't this model be studied and replicated in other parts of Nigeria?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by tonychristopher: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
do you have gas reserve.....
Raxxye:
Bonny could ring a bell in the ears of many as the town where the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas(NLNG) plant is situated, but for those who do not know, it is an island by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and one of the 23 local government areas of Rivers State, as well as home to the newly a established Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas.

Yes, you heard well; Bonny residents enjoy 24/7 electricity supply all year round!

In my two-years stay in the town so far, the total time of power outage is less than 6 hours. Such outages are usually due to routine maintenance by the BUC(Bonny Utility Company). The residents hardly know how much kerosene or cooking gas sells for because they cook with electric cookers and power availability is guaranteed for their daily cookings.

My question is: if this could work in Bonny, can't this model be studied and replicated in other parts of Nigeria?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by mechanics(m): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dats if d authorities incharge wil b sincere n corruption eradicated.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by ocelot2006(m): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jalingo (Taraba state) also enjoys 24 hrs of power supply.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by nijanigga: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:
your common sense should av sorted that for u

the home of gas should lack power undecided... whats your point, are you trying to display your ignorance, or you are just being plain silly

talk about closeness to raw materials (gas).

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
yeye dey worry this one, go to Kainji and see if they have electricity 24/7.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by darejem4real: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
That's wonderful
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by pbs4real(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
demmy0325:
A
Amadioha?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by demmy0325(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
pbs4real:
Amadioha?
.. No.. Agabaya...grin Like U..grin grin
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by deloon(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:

the home of gas should lack power undecided... whats your point, are you trying to display your ignorance, or you are just being plain silly

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

What is wrong with you?
Do you have to insult him before making your point?
Answer this if you can. What form of gas does Bonny have in abundance and how is it transformed to electrical power?
Is Bonny the only town in Nigeria that produces such gas?

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kilonso001(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yes, i can confirm this.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by deloon(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
all4naija:

That is image of Bonny from Google and it looks well planned that many places in Nigeria. I am surprised it has 24/7 electricity supply. That is a good thing to know about the country. Where are those Zulus to see that there is a place in Nigeria where there is 24 hour power supply? angry angry angry

Go Nigeria!

That place is probably just the LNG residential area. Bonny is not that small.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Omotayor123(f): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sure it's a small city.....
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by LAfricana(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
7Alexander:

you are the one without common sense and plain silly, isnt Nigeria the home of Petroleum resources, do u have fuel and kero in abundance. Insipid

embarassed
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Middlefinger1: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:
OP, not just Bonny. Ahoada, a village between PH and BAYELSA too enjoys the same 'luxury'. As a matter of fact, in addition to the stable power supply, they also have tarred roads (over 5km) and full subscription of DSTV for the entire village as at 2010 though, all paid for by AGIP.
My sister, am so sorry to tell you that you are a liar.
I can't help it.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
themonk:
see as we dey broadcast just one city in nigeria with constant power supply, while the white man have resolved light issues since time immemorial. Sometimes i cant help but think the Queen left quite early.

Strange.
I feel the queen should have left us the heck alone! And not come to distort and muddle up our lives angry

To develop. at our own pace, or stay undeveloped.....our way, period
That way, you cannot long for what you have never known
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beyoncausme: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
hopefully one day.....
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by adedayourt(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
B
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by ibisko04: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
Raxxye:

Cc
Lalasticlala
That is the best way to generate a sustainable and uninterrupted power to the people of Nigeria.
Let us allow each state to generate electricity and distributes it locally within the state.
Some state don't need more than 5 to 10mw presently. While some state will need between 50 to 100mw. Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Ogun, Oyo, Delta, Anambra and may be two or three other states will have power demands of more than 100mw now. All the states with high profile energy consumption should have more power from many generations source while those states with lower loads should generate electricity with high capacity diesel engine.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by tochstorm(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
no disturbances trying to fap here.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by EnterPRO: 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Middlefinger1:
My sister, am so sorry to tell you that you are a liar. I can't help it.
she is correct.
I've lived there before.
have you?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Tetero9(m): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Osogbo
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by ashewopeckas(f): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Middlefinger1:

My sister, am so sorry to tell you that you are a liar.
I can't help it.

Please refer to your username.

Enjoy the rest of ur day...

4 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by akogun7(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:

You talk as child. And how come the 6th largest producer of oil in the world battles with fuel scarcity if closeness to raw materials was the most important factor in production?

2 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by akoaki(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Raxxye:

Cc
Lalasticlala

Soon you"ll have the same situation in lagos state, according to Dangote's promise to the governor today.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by dokyOloye: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
Viciyus:

SEE ANOTHER DUMB GUY!!

DID YOU READ THAT ARTICLE AT THE BACK OF YOUR YANSH? undecided

THE OP MAKE MENTION OF GAS POWER PLANT LIKE TWO TIMES AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SOURCE OF CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY.

LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND, DON'T THINK LIKE AN ANIMAL
Must U abuse ppl?
At least,his post wasn't abusive,why bring animal into this?

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by VellyG(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
IKot Abasi in akwa Ibom enjoys steady power supply .. Its the home to Ibom power plant.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:

Please refer to your username.
Enjoy the rest of ur day...
. DAYUMM!!! T.K.O gringrin
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Do they also have browsing network?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Do they also have browsing network and what's the average cost of accomodation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tuition Free Education In Sweden / US Chartered Flight Lands At Lagos Airport / King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.