Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander (1573 Views)

Kachikwu Secures Full Oil Minister Status, Roles As Northern Cabal Kicks Against / Buhari Kicks Off Total Islamization Of Nigeria In Kastina (photo) / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by SleekyP(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
SleekyP:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday kicked against a proposed guideline of the Heads of State and Government of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Benin that recommended six months duration for change of the command and control structure of the Multinational Joint Task Force.

He urged his colleagues to allow Nigeria retain the position of the Force Commander of the MJTF throughout the period of the war against insurgency.

Buhari made the appeal in his opening remarks at an extra-ordinary meeting of the commission’s Heads of State and Government held at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

A Nigerian, Maj.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, was recently appointed the Force Commander.

The President argued that military operations that are subjected to rapid change of command and control structures would not be efficient.

He said Nigeria should be allowed to retain the position of the commander since the country would be providing the bulk of the troops and the main theatre of the war is on Nigerian soil.

He said, “While I agree that this is a joint operation with shared responsibilities, I am, however, of the opinion that military operations that are subjected to rapid turnover of command and control structures, six months duration, as it is being proposed in the documents before us, do not augur well for effectiveness and efficiency.

“Such a process will undermine, even if it not intended, the military capacity to sustain the push against the insurgents, who also have the uncanny ability to adapt and rejig their operational strategies.”

“I am inclined, on account of the above, to suggest for your excellencies’ consideration that Nigeria retains the position of the Force Commander of the MNJTF for the period of the war effort.

“This command will be to the effectiveness of military strategy, since Nigeria will be providing the bulk of the troops and the main theatre of the war is on Nigerian soil.”

Buhari also promised to redeem the pledge made by Nigeria to contribute $100m to the force.

“Nigeria has already pledged the sum of $100m for the smooth takeoff of the MJTF. I hereby reassure you that my government will keep faith with this promise,” he declared.

Buhari also stressed the need to strengthen cross border patrol and intelligence sharing, adding that efforts must be targeted at limiting the insurgents’ capacity to access funds and weapons

Setting the tone for the meeting, the President said the parley was premised on common resolve and commitment of member states to maintain the momentum in degrading the capacity of the insurgents until they are completely defeated.

He said it was also meant to mitigate the suffering which had been imposed on the civilian population by the nefarious activities of the insurgents and the terrorists.

He added that the meeting also afforded them an opportunity to finalise the instruments of the operations of force in order to give life to the joint military campaign to decisively defeat the insurgents.

He added, “You will recall in my inaugural address on May 29, 2015, I affirmed that I will consult regularly with heads of government of our immediate neighborhood and I have within four days of my assumption of duty as President embarked on a thank you visits to the Presidents of Niger and Chad.

“This important assignment was however interrupted because I had to honour the invitation extended to me by the G-7 member states to attend their meeting in Germany.

“I intend to continue his thank you visits to the remaining Lake Chad Basin Commission member states very shortly.”

The meeting was attended by President Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger Republic; President Idriss Deby Itno of Chad Republic and President Boni Yayi of Benin Republic.

Cameroonian President was represented by his Minister of Defence.

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by SleekyP(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
cool
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
mere commissioner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by chamboy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
President Boo-boo hari
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by lordcornel(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Your head dey house my presido,though I dnt support u,I hope you do better dan your predecessors.... One bobo juice for you..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
great
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by SleekyP(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
jack67:
mere commissioner
angry
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Rawshal(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nice one from my President

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by doublewisdom: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Whatever. He should just end Boko Haram just as he promised.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by baralatie(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
totally agree
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by CallPolice: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
Good one PMB. You are truly a leader with high standard.

God bless Nigeria.

Not a good news for Taniods though.

Wait and see!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by emamos: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
jack67:
mere commissioner
does dat reduce his status as no 2 citizen of ur country or had he been ur father,wont u be happier.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by emamos: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Some nairalanda need to be shot at close range if i chance
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Aringarosa(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
This i agree with PMB, we are supplying the bulk of the fighters, and the theatre of operations is mostly on our soil, so the commander should be from Nigeria and should remain so, without any rotation.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
emamos:
does dat reduce his status as no 2 citizen of ur country or had he been ur father,wont u be happier.

No mind the wasted 'sperm'

P.A to local councillor, eim father no c.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
That's my presido! Jah is with you, because He liveth.

SaTANist won't like this o!
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
My decisive president, even though we are fighting terror together, we have got to keep an eye on Chad and Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 12, 2015
go ask ur papa and your mama that question, idiot
emamos:
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by emamos: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Pavore9: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2015
He is so right about that.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by emamos: 7:18am On Jun 12, 2015
[/quote]
IdisuleOurOwn:

P.A to local councillor, eim father no c.
jack67:
go ask ur papa and your mama that question, idiot
@jack..d quoted above by sensible guy said it all about you.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 12, 2015
If its d clueless one nw,he wil happily giv dem with his smilin face. Wisdom is more critical dan Knowledge jare.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Six-month Tenure For MJTF Commander by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2015
emamos:

P.A to local councillor, eim father no c. go ask ur papa and your mama that question, idiot@jack..d quoted above by sensible guy said it all about you.

Forget the jobless fo*l.

(1) (Reply)

President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP / PMB Introduces Himself. The Best Intro I've Ever Heard / Picture Showing Tinubu Is Not Powerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.