Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (40586 Views)

My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge / My Wife Sleeps With My Brother - Husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by dre11(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
A 20-year old housewife, Mercy Ekeh, has narrated how her husband, Kelechi Ekeh, 30, forced her to marry him at the age of 17 and kept her in captivity by locking her inside their room apartment for seven months in Egbe, Lagos State, western Nigeria.
She said she was inside the room until he impregnated her and thereafter forced her parents to collect N300 as her bride price.
But her husband said his decision to keep her in the room was not intended to punish her, saying he was showing her love and caring because he did not want her to suffer in his home.

Anambra State-born Mercy narrated her plight at Eiigbo Customary Court, Lagos, where she filed a suit for the dissolution of the marriage.
She also told the court that during her captivity she was not allowed to see anybody or her parents.
She said whenever Ekeh went to work, he would lock her inside and provide a small bucket for her to ease herself inside the room.
She said she was only allowed to come out in the night briefly when he returned from work and opened the door and did not allow her do anything else.

The embittered woman said her ordeal started in 2012 when she went to sit for Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination, JAMB.
She said on that Saturday, Ekeh accosted her along Liasu road in Egbe.
Mercy alleged that Ekeh cast a spell on her after he touched her and commanded her to go to her parents’ house and bring her property and come and to live with him.
She said she obeyed without knowing what had come over her.

She said while she was in Ekeh’s home, her parents searched everywhere for her and went to the police and reported that she was missing until one of Ekeh’s neighbours who observed what was happening told her mom about where she was.
It was then Ekeh was arrested and she regained her freedom after he impregnated her.
Mercy said Ekeh later went to her parents and pleaded for forgiveness and it was then, he brought N300 and paid as her bride price.
She said the incident has traumatized her as Ekeh has ruined her life, while her mates are in school pursuing their education.
She asked the court to dissolve the marriage and compel Ekeh to take care of the baby.
In his response, Ekeh denied all the allegations and told the court that he does not want the marriage dissolved because he loves Mercy.
On packing to his house, he said it was a choice Mercy made before she got pregnant and he had to marry her by paying her dowry. The president of the court, Mr A.K. Akanni adjourned the matter till 18 June for continuation of trial.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/11/man-locks-wife-inside-room-for-7-months/

1 Like

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by asumo12: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Y all ur pinshure nor dey show for thread OP?

Things we do for luve tho!

Mercy alleged that Ekeh cast a spell on her after he touched her and commanded her to go to her parents’ house and bring her property and come and to live with him.
She said she obeyed without knowing what had come over her.

Shoroniyen?

keep calm and read my siggy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Cutehector(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
Things we see in marriages...

1 Like

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by dre11(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
She said she was inside the room until he impregnated her and thereafter forced her parents to collect N300 as her bride price.

This is just so absurd...... How can you impregnate a lady and pay such a ridiculous amount as bride price

this is the picture

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by ijustdey: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
She said whenever Ekeh went to work, he would lock her inside and provide a small bucket for her to ease herself inside the room.
She said she was only allowed to come out in the night briefly when he returned from work and opened the door and did not allow her do anything else.

the man is psychologically sick to the heavens.....
how can you lock your wife up in the room for 7 whole months

the guy need some evaluation to know his state of mind

16 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by ijustdey: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
what the guy did was just purely a case of kidnapping with what I read here and he needs to be further questions because this is just not love

but hatred

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Does it mean that they don't have any neighbour in that compound or is it that the said Kelechi Ekeh glued Mercy's parents mouth that they don't know how to shout or talk to people??..

As a matter of fact, this post got me Dumbfounded like Tinubu..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by edwife(f): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
his decision to keep her in the room was not intended to punish her, saying he was showing her love and caring because he did not want her to suffer in his home.

Wow hold on here,so your understanding of "love and care" is to lock someone for hours,7 days a week? shockedundecided

That's a sick man right there. undecided

9 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by cococandy(f): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Psycho dude.
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Moana(f): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
He needs to be taken to yaba left

1 Like

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by coogar: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
so anambra people are also into child brides? grin grin cheesy grin

ojukwu would be weeping in his grave....

9 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by 20bc(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
shitty man, he looks like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by harrysterol(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Aunt please tell us a story

Not forgetting how it all started cool my signature your happiness, stop crying of low battery grin Arm yourself with solar portable power bank
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by CR77(f): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy Biafra loading
coogar:
so anambra people are also into child brides? grin grin cheesy grin

ojukwu would be weeping in his grave....

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
The story get K-leg...somehow.

N300 bride price? Really?

1 Like

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Ymodulus: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
A 20-year old housewife, Mercy Ekeh, has narrated how her husband, Kelechi Ekeh, 30, forced her to marry him at the age of 17 and kept her in captivity by locking her inside their room apartment for seven months in Egbe, Lagos State, western Nigeria.
Hmmm.

4 Likes

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by emmyagi(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
make i read
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by tunwumi: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Funny.
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by 1miccza: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
That guy looks like somwone that just escaped from yaba left... This story seriously made me speechless

1 Like

Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nkan nbe lipsrsealed
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
The law is going to catch up with her family and the silly husband. What does the law say about this kind of case, people?
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by daamazing(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
ABEG JAIL D guy. . . 7months. .so cruel.
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by Opiosko: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
cheesy
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by defendedvictim(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ok
Re: I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge by disloman(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
What a marriage. The BOY needs to b checked.I doubt if he is medically okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / 17-Year-Old Girl Rescues Her 3 Sisters From Burning House In Anambra (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.